Football Manager 2020 Touch Official Feedback Thread

• Administrators
2 hours ago, rafaelbenitez said:

Any chance the Canadian league gets added to the Touch version? I know it's an editor file add on for the full game but it would be really cool if this were integrated into FMT somehow. Always nice to have new leagues.

No plans I'm afraid. We've released Gibraltar for a few years and that's FM only, not for Touch or Mobile.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen people talking about a lack of goals in FM20. Some people are saying it defends on the quality of chances, players decision making and composer etc. But I really think SI have done something that is making it far too difficult. I only scored once from all these close range opportunities. The game ended in a draw. 

73383715-5331-4CFF-9F5F-14B5D7FA7668.png

Just bought Touch 2020 on my iPad Pro. Loving it. I haven’t played FM in about 4 yrs. I played CM from CM2. I love the quickness of touch. Allowing me to get back into FM as I don’t have a PC anymore. I am finding it hard though. Managed to relegate my beloved Aston Villa. Couldn’t find a tactic that worked for me. Always conceding. Won 4 games all season. Lol. Anyway.  I’ll get promoted...hopefully.  

after the latest patch my tactics screen broke

i cant select my team as i have a quick select on the right of the tactics screen and it overlays onto the team selection. quite annoying. always have to fold the tactics screen to the small window jCClLA0.jpg

Im playing on a wifi only Samsung Tab S4

• 2 weeks later...

On Switch here but any chance of PPMs/traits being added somehow to the player's profile (even as an option from the drop-down sections like transfer info, contract info etc.)? 

PPMs can have a profound impact on how tactics work, so it is slightly frustrating that to see them for you own players you have to go into one of the their Development pages or for other teams' players you to have to go into their profile - Information page.

So I’m in the year 2029. Have taken Arsenal to new heights. Three Premier League titles on the trot and a couple of Champions League trophies on the way. A bank balance of more than £800 million, five star club & manager reputation. Yet I’m still unable to get the board to improve youth facilities.

My main concern with this is the same thing happened to me on last years edition of FM Touch for iPad. I was never able to fully upgrade my facilities. For me, bringing up young players through the youth system and moulding them into first team stars is my favourite aspect of FM. But I feel majorly restricted by the boards unwillingness to grant me these requests despite having all the reasons and resources to invest.

It’s not a case of stingy ownership as I’ve had multiple saves where the club has been taken over and still I can’t get them to upgrade the facilities.

I also am not given the option to make developing our own youth players part of our club vision or put clauses into my contract that require facilities to be improved.

The only reason I can think of as to why they repeatedly refuse my request in spite of my success is the fact that the number of season tickets we sell is about 15,000 under our capacity. However, I don’t believe this should be preventing a successful board request as many other clubs who make less from season ticket revenue have maxed out facilities.

The only other thing I can think of is that the game wants me to pay for the unlockable which I have no interest in doing.

So if I could get some advice on what the issue is with this particular situation or a statement that informs me it’s being looked into, I would greatly appreciate it.

Is there an announcement when the actual beta patch will be released on FMTouch? I mean it's February and I'm not able to play a proper Season without overloading 1 vs 1 and always the same highlights. It's really boring and I will give up when nothing happens in the next time. 

Fired the game up last night for the first time since early December. I've been awarded 9 penalties in my first 8 games. Scored them all. Anyone else experiencing anything similar? Maybe a freak occurance, I appreciate 8 games is a small sample size. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just looking for some advice please. 

I have bought the game on my Huawei tablet and it works fine until the game needs updating. I then don't have enough storage on the tablet so I need to uninstall the game and then install again which is frustrating. Is there anyway to keep playing the game without the need to update it all the time. 

• SI Staff
On 26/02/2020 at 11:23, Markham86 said:

I have bought the game on my Huawei tablet and it works fine until the game needs updating. I then don't have enough storage on the tablet so I need to uninstall the game and then install again which is frustrating. Is there anyway to keep playing the game without the need to update it all the time. 

You can turn off automatic updating in your Google Play Store settings. We are working on being able to do diffed updates on Android so you don't have to redownload all of the data when it's updated.

18 hours ago, zakbrown96 said:

Very disappointed that no dark skin has been added for tablet users a lot of people have wanted that, seems odd that, nothing’s been done about it! 

The default skin is the successor to the Dark skin. In FM19 Touch we had Dark and Retro - we retired the Retro skin this year (RIP :() because it was rarely used and this way we can spend more time improving the default skin. We made some changes to how we inherit from the FM skin which will be why there are some elements which are now lighter in the default skin than they were in the Dark skin - I can suggest a setting to make certain elements darker in future versions potentially if there's strong demand for this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello, apologies if this has been covered before but I cant seem to find straightforward answer anywhere.  Thinking of buying the Touch PC version but want to know if it enables multiplayer - ie managing, say a premier league, championship and national league side simultaneously in the same saved game? Thinking specifically for Touch on PC. Thanks in advance.

9 hours ago, seventytwo said:

Hello, apologies if this has been covered before but I cant seem to find straightforward answer anywhere.  Thinking of buying the Touch PC version but want to know if it enables multiplayer - ie managing, say a premier league, championship and national league side simultaneously in the same saved game? Thinking specifically for Touch on PC. Thanks in advance.

You will have to unlock national management in game but yes you can simultaneously manage different teams in the PC version.

12 hours ago, rafaelbenitez said:

In FMT, national management is an "unlockable". You can either pay to get rid of it or unlock it by winning manager of the year in a league.

So do I need to unlock this before I can play multiplayer at all? 

On 14/02/2020 at 11:55, superposh said:

Fired the game up last night for the first time since early December. I've been awarded 9 penalties in my first 8 games. Scored them all. Anyone else experiencing anything similar? Maybe a freak occurance, I appreciate 8 games is a small sample size. 

Yes, experiencing the same. I'm hoping this issue will go away after I play more games.

On 16/01/2020 at 18:54, Ricobran said:

happened a lot to me.

my back always hold or dribbling with no intention. always end up in opposition steal it and counter attack us. while it doesnt always end up with goal, it really annoying to see my players did that kind of blunder from time to time.

also if i use tactic other than tiki taka, my GK always kick ball to the side of the field where there are no my player to get it. most of the time opposition steal it and counter us, sometimes end up in goal. because of that i use tiki taka where gk would play ball form back.

I have a club in the second division of Sweden. Three of our players who were on non-contract deals have been lured away by fourth division amateur clubs. 2 of the players were starters for us and 1 was a frequent sub. I couldn’t offer them part-time contracts because our club’s financial situation is crap (not my fault, I’m within budget). 

I guess the chance to play for nothing on teams two tiers lower was just too good of an opportunity to pass up! 

FM logic is baffling. 

Update: our star striker just left to go to an amateur club in the league below ours. I guess I’ll have to give up on lower league saves. The transfer programming is too crappy. 

Update 2:  our starting defensive midfielder was just stolen away by an amateur club that’s 2 levels below us. It’s absurd. At this rate our entire roster will be gone in about a week. 

Edited by 3runhomer
More stupidity

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Am 19.11.2019 um 19:09 schrieb Tzlils:

4.  Player attributes are visible always  and I don’t have to send a scouter to discover the attributes - it is ok or I can change it?

Trying the touch mode for the first time, I have the same question - is there any way to mask attributes of unknown player like it is done in the "full FM"? Just can't find an option to change it and scouting feels a bit pointless, if you know everything… Thanks in advance :)

44 minutes ago, Eckfahne said:

Trying the touch mode for the first time, I have the same question - is there any way to mask attributes of unknown player like it is done in the "full FM"? Just can't find an option to change it and scouting feels a bit pointless, if you know everything… Thanks in advance :)

There is an option to do so but it must be unlocked through gameplay or purchased as DLC. If you open the downloads tab in game it will tell you the conditions for unlocking through gameplay.

• 4 weeks later...

Perhaps only via a custom skin @kingjericho, as I don't see an option in the 'Preferences' menu.

Also, it's not immediately clear to me which of the highlighted attributes are critical for the role, and those that are desired - at first glance it seems that those in green are critical (based on common sense thinking), but I'm not 100% on this.

4 hours ago, rich10 said:

Perhaps only via a custom skin @kingjericho, as I don't see an option in the 'Preferences' menu.

Also, it's not immediately clear to me which of the highlighted attributes are critical for the role, and those that are desired - at first glance it seems that those in green are critical (based on common sense thinking), but I'm not 100% on this.

For me that is irrelevant because the role for which attributes are highlighted is selected by the game, most of the times it's not even the role I want to use for the player, so this is completely useless to me.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...