Football Manager 2020 Feedback Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Since 2000 only 4 players have managed to score more than 50 goals in a season in all competitions. 

C. Ronaldo

Messi

Henrik Larsen

Mario Jardel. 

In the Premier league the top goalscorer has been between 18 and 34 goals. Only 9 times has the top scorer gotten over 30.

The average over all the seasons is around 26 goals per season to be top scorer. 

Most strikers don't get anywhere near 30+ goals a season regularly. Top players certainly aren't doing it for fun. 

FM isn't replicating the top end of goals enough. But as I've said previously I'm pretty sure this is down to the AI being so defensive. 

I'm into a new season and my top scorers have got 8 in 11 and 9 in a 8! So it's very possible to get strikers to bag loads of goals. 

Lets look 10 years each division

EPL 2009 Drogba 29 Goals (5 guys above 20) 2010 Berbatov 20 2011 Van Persie 30 (Rooney 27) 2012 Persie 26 2013 Suarez 31 2014 Aguero 26  2015 Kane 25 2016 Kane 29 2017 Salah 32 2018 Salah 22

I cant be bothered with precise average but for last 10 years top scorer is 28/29 guals on average (2 bad years Berbatov/Salah rest 8 as we can see everybody is around 30) 

We can do Spain but its pretty pointless the Average there is 35 goals +

Also Suarez has 60 goals all competitions 2015, Salah has 45 goals all competitions two years ago. Kane has two season 35/40 goals +

I mean I dont really get whats your point? Either nerf creation of chances cuz right now strikers cant score goals .It takes them 10/15 chances to do so. My 19 finishing AMC (SS) has 190 shots for 17 goals.

This is absurd . My top striker finished wiht 26 goals in 37 games. Decent ammouth but in all fairness considering my tactics and that he was "fed" every game he was supposed to score much more. In fact the stupid match egine is the reason I failed 1/4 UEFA CUp Final.  0:0 away I had 26 shots against 0 from Lille. Then at home I had 30 shots had 1:0 lead and they scored from Corner.

Its both "tactics" and bad ME why AI strikers cant score. They create less chances cuz of "conservative" tactics and they fail to score. My save I almost won league title cuz Man Utd collapsed and did 2 losses 0:1 and 3 draws 0:0 to end the season. 

You can keep saying everything is alrgiht and disrepancy is small but its around 20/30 percent in most leagues in term of striker goals. 

As I said dont preach that your strikers can score. My striker also scores but misses much more I mean go play against your youth team and you will see. I did 2/3 testing against my 18-s team I barerly beat them 3:0 or 4:0. In the years past I could trash them 10:0 or more easy with my best team. Now its impossible I miss soo many on top of that they created 5 CCS with longballs through defenders.

Thats far from ok

26 minutes ago, Pasonen said:

Haha omg. ;D

33 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

Monaco has some FFP troubles. And I found first candidate for sale :rolleyes:

This is very COMMON.. I dont know how many times a rebound goes to AMR and he has open goal and he doesnt hit the target. Sure there is some kind of angle but for the love god

1 hour ago, Novem9 said:

Monaco has some FFP troubles. And I found first candidate for sale :rolleyes:

I had the same thing from my AMR last night. Shoots against the post, rebounds back to him with an open goal a metre out and smashes it wide. World class player apparently.

Re: AI being far too conservative.

This term, the raw data doesn't support this (in a couple Prior Releases, it did).  Even acknowledging for how easy it is to get SOT purely from the set piece; headers et all not that frequently converted rightly or wrongly:

Liverpool on my EPL sim currently average an Incredible 11+ shots on target per match. That's almost what Juventus, Inter or Barca average in Terms of raw shots this term.

Even Aston Villa creating the fewest SOT average 4.7 per match.

The averages seem to hover around the 6 SOT range.

The real life averages are about 4 per match.

http://www.footstats.co.uk/index.cfm?task=league_shots

Aguero as a lone Forward meanwhile averages about 4.5 shots per game. 8 Goals from 15 Matches.   Shot conversion 1 in 8. (Realistic Long-term ratios are roughly 1 in 5 to 6, Messi averages 5 shots per game throughout his Career, CR7 7)
Aubameyang 4.7 shots per game, 11 Goals from 17. Shot conversion 1 in 8.
Vardy 3.4 shots per game, 6 Goals from 17. Shot conversion 1 in 9.
Kane, 3.8 shots per game (at his best he has 5 IRL), 5 Goals from 17. Shot convrsion 1 in 12.

Callum Wilson meanwhile 16 Goals from 17 Matches,  1 goal in every 5th shot. Surely the Long ball to a pacey forward in action here. :D 

On the plus side, Lewandowski in the BL had averaged roughly a Goal per game in the BL, as a lone Forward, for a conversion of 1 in 5 too.

Edited by Svenc

1 час назад, Toshef сказал:

As I said dont preach that your strikers can score. My striker also scores but misses much more I mean go play against your youth team and you will see. I did 2/3 testing against my 18-s team I barerly beat them 3:0 or 4:0. In the years past I could trash them 10:0 or more easy with my best team. Now its impossible I miss soo many on top of that they created 5 CCS with longballs through defenders.

Exactly. In FM18 my team score ~10 goals for amateur teams in friendly or for low teams in Cup. I can't score a lot* since FM19 despite have A LOT of chances. But what we see IRL? Topclubs score even 20+ goals vs low opposite team

24978792_Image2.png.e19a90457d237398ccd9e01ec0562680.png

Strange things with players attributes and influence of them

*Well sometimes it scores too, but rarely and there are strange proportions of the created chances and their successful finishing. Sometimes it looks like no matter who is your opponent and attributes of opposite players

Edited by Novem9

9 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

Sometimes it looks like no matter who is your opponent and attributes of opposite players

Try beating Liverpool or Man City with a team in the Vanarama North/South leagues.

Arttributes definitely matter.

Edited by rockpie

8 минут назад, rockpie сказал:

Try beating Liverpool or Man City with a team in the Vanarama North/South leagues.

Actually I said about you can play vs good team or low team and your finishing will be the same, but vs low team it could be easier because lowskill defenders and low skill GK.

I never played in Vanarama but I beat Juventus by team from Serie C (and this is not a rare thing in FM, it looks like reputation is confusing AI too)

Edited by Novem9

7 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

Actually I said about you can play vs good team or low team and your finishing will be the same, but vs low team it could be easier because lowskill defenders and low skill GK.

I never played in Vanarama but I beat Juventus by team from Serie C (and this is not a rare thing in FM)

Not saying it's impossible, but an easy way to demonstrate how player attributes matter in how games play out is to arrange a friendly between a world class team and a minnow and try to win as the minnow.

You can definitely achieve big scores in FM20, even in regular league games. I recently won 7-0 against Crystal Palace with Cardiff in the PL. And have played plenty of friendlies with bigger scores than that in my Arsenal save.

In this year's game, though, it seems to require multiple in-match adjustments to counter what the AI is doing. They will change how they play and if you want to maximize your chances of scoring loads of goals, you also need to adapt through the match by adding / removing instructions and maybe changing mentality.

Just running a single approach for 90 mins means the AI can figure out and then settle on a single defensive approach that might limit you to a 3-0 win or similar scorelines.

Edited by rockpie

6 минут назад, rockpie сказал:

Not saying it's impossible, but an easy way to demonstrate how player attributes matter in how games play out is to arrange a friendly between a world class team and a minnow and try to win as the minnow.

You can definitely achieve big scores in FM20, even in regular league games. I recently won 7-0 against Crystal Palace with Cardiff in the PL. And have played plenty of friendlies with bigger scores than that in my Arsenal save.

In this year's game, though, it seems to require multiple in-match adjustments to counter what the AI is doing. They will change how they play and if you want to maximize your chances of scoring loads of goals, you also need to adapt through the match by adding / removing instructions and maybe changing mentality.

Just running a single approach for 90 mins means the AI can figure out and then settle on a single defensive approach that might limit you to a 3-0 win or similar scorelines.

I need to pay your attention , we talking about already created chances. My first phrase (Sometimes it looks like no matter who is your opponent and attributes of opposite players) linked for I play vs Barca with Ter Stegen or noname from low league - sometimes they (GK) look the same. Their attacks sometimes look the same. And this sometimes too much often sometimes :D For sure I have nice scores too, but this discussion about we really want to see succession. 

Succession in attributes and no regular Pirlostyle passing in 3Bundesliga or some equal league. Topstriker which score simple chances because his attributes allow this (and please why some members dont realize we agree about random, fault and dont ask 100% finishing), etc. Right now I have moments much more in compare of FM19 but half from them is nothing. Just watch again and again how attackers can't finishing and even stop to wait this. I hope SI will find a balance between solid defence (to stop creating A LOT of simple chances) and finishing (because A LOT of chances not scored)

21 hours ago, LCFCEaves31 said:

Is there a penalty missing bug? I have had 4 penalties this season and my striker has missed 3, a centre mid the other... so all four have been missed, yet in a one of cup shootout we scored 4... Surprise surprise though, the AI has scored all of theirs.

I've noticed similar - I haven't counted, but i'd say half the penalties I've had so far (10 Maximum), have been missed

6 hours ago, KlaaZ said:

Here's a fun fact for you. Put Messi in another team with another tactical setup and chances are he won't score 35 goals in the league anymore. Just to say that football is about more than just player ability. It's about getting the best of your players by having them play together in a tactical setup that suits them. and that makes them complement each other.

And yes, top goalscorers are a bit on the low side. But production is still pretty much on average with real life goalscoring so better CCC conversion and wingers laying it wide would just cause a gigantic goal inflation.

Fix stupid long ball created CCS make defenders playing smart and you wont have soo many CCS . In years past I used to have 2/3 CCS maximum per game bro.. If i play against bad teams then I have 5/6 and I can trash them..

Whats so hard to understand? Now every other gave I haver 6 CCS+ because my team is great and gelled in together. In F19 CCS means 50% chance to score which is normal .Sure you can miss tons but players are missing open goals cuz the ENGINE says keep the scoring low...

I have been working on my team for 7th seasons . Each player has been trained and groomed to fit into my tactics so when we play against Lille for example 1/4 final in CL we go away miss 6 ccs we end up 0:0. Then on my home game i miss 5ccs we draw 1:1. I play FA Cup against Blackburn League two team...  After 30 shots we go to penalties at 1:1.. This is extremely common 

Sometimes when you have a world class team with world class players you just want an easy victory . 

ME is in bad situation. its way too easy some chances to be greated. Long dribbles are extremely succesful I get atleast 2/3 per game where my players run whole field only to miss with the common "This magical run deserved a goal".  My defenders also lob it through even thou they have pass it shorter so my players usually miss atleast 1/2 lobs as well. 

to be honest i am shelving the game my team is in position to play 1/8 finals now in CL and my nerves wont handle 10 misses when u really need a goal

12 minutes ago, saihtam said:

Uhh Rome got FMd, they lost 0-2 to Torino
image.thumb.png.ed791f220f0aaae6df41e8044f326be0.png

https://understat.com/match/13267

See also how the bulk of opportunity for Roma didn't arrive until way late, like they were forced to chase an Opposition lead in the timeline. :D 

But yeah, on FM we're at the stage where every time a side had far more shots, it must have been "FM'd". Where does that leave counter attacking and defensive Football to begin with? :D .

Edited by Svenc

1 hour ago, Svenc said:

Re: AI being far too conservative.

This term, the raw data doesn't support this

Yes but there are far to many shot attempts currently. Also L'pool and City are probably not the best examples of conservative AI.

21 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

Succession in attributes and no regular Pirlostyle passing in 3Bundesliga or some equal league. Topstriker which score simple chances because his attributes allow this (and please why some members dont realize we agree about random, fault and dont ask 100% finishing), etc. Right now I have moments much more in compare of FM19 but half from them is nothing. Just watch again and again how attackers can't finishing and even stop to wait this. I hope SI will find a balance between solid defence (to stop creating A LOT of simple chances) and finishing (because A LOT of chances not scored)

Pirlostyle passing? I'm guessing you just mean long-range through balls? These happens all the time in lower league football around the world. Players in those leagues are perfectly able to see runs and make passes against other players at that level. What separates them from higher league footballers is their being less able to see those passes and make those decisions as consistently, while applying the right technique under a higher amount of pressure from faster, stronger and better defenders pressing them, etc.

And top strikers do score simple chances. They miss them too. We all know that maybe the ratio is slightly off and needs adjustment, but it's also nowhere near as bad as some people are making out -- in my experience anyway. If I see my striker(s) missing a lot of 1v1 opportunities, I need to see how those opportunities are created and why they are missing. How can get them into better positions to take easier chances? Etc.

Just because it's a 1v1 doesn't mean it's easy. And even if it is a very easy 1v1, other factors can cause a player to miss -- even being tired after making so many runs or being off-balance after dribbling.

Edited by rockpie

29 minutes ago, rockpie said:

Pirlostyle passing? I'm guessing you just mean long-range through balls? These happens all the time in lower league football around the world. Players in those leagues are perfectly able to see runs and make passes against other players at that level. What separates them from higher league footballers is their being less able to see those passes and make those decisions as consistently, while applying the right technique under a higher amount of pressure from faster, stronger and better defenders pressing them, etc.

And top strikers do score simple chances. They miss them too. We all know that maybe the ratio is slightly off and needs adjustment, but it's also nowhere near as bad as some people are making out -- in my experience anyway. If I see my striker(s) missing a lot of 1v1 opportunities, I need to see how those opportunities are created and why they are missing. How can get them into better positions to take easier chances? Etc.

Just because it's a 1v1 doesn't mean it's easy. And even if it is a very easy 1v1, other factors can cause a player to miss -- even being tired after making so many runs or being off-balance after dribbling.

Sure and Wingers just blasting non stop into side netting never passing thats normal too? I mean in past FM 1/4 of my striker goals were passes from winger in the penalty box or low cross for a tap in AKA CR7 goals right now..
I am yet to see a simple tap in in this version of the game. Even if my some kind of miracle my WINGER passes to my striker he will just shoot far right where the GK Is and miss it

I dont know why you and the other guy defend it soo much? Look at the forums I have never seen soo many complains in 20 years of playing this game. I have been buying everything from Championship Manager 3! I have never seen soo many complains and so many people asying they have stoppe dplaying? Its obvious something is dead wrong with the ME .

You can make it work for you sure? I also can do it narrow and low defensive line tends to fix some of the issues but it doesnt fix stupid misses... I mean can you explain why Salah never shoots with his left when it cuts it? That was the most powerful weapon in years past CUT INSIDE from the LEft with right footed player for a good chance of scoring? 

My RM has instructions SHOOT LESS, pass hort low crosses or whatever and on top of that he has PM Look for pass instead of goal..  He finished with 4.5 shot attempts per game.... My AMC had 300 shots in the season for 20 goals.. Its 13 shots per goal...  ( He has finishing 18 or 19 cant remember composure 16 decisions 17 techqnue 18) I mean almost every other game I finish with 25 shots + against computer teams that have 10 shots +. Usually we both have 10 ccs and u tell me and finsih 1:0 or 2:1.  

P.S Just took a quick glance at steam discussion every third topic is about this problem and people complain hard.

Edited by Toshef

17 minutes ago, Toshef said:

Sure and Wingers just blasting non stop into side netting never passing thats normal too? I mean in past FM 1/4 of my striker goals were passes from winger in the penalty box or low cross for a tap in AKA CR7 goals right now..
I am yet to see a simple tap in in this version of the game. Even if my some kind of miracle my WINGER passes to my striker he will just shoot far right where the GK Is and miss it

I dont know why you and the other guy defend it soo much? Look at the forums I have never seen soo many complains in 20 years of playing this game. I have been buying everything from Championship Manager 3! I have never seen soo many complains and so many people asying they have stoppe dplaying? Its obvious something is dead wrong with the ME .

You can make it work for you sure? I also can do it narrow and low defensive line tends to fix some of the issues but it doesnt fix stupid misses... I mean can you explain why Salah never shoots with his left when it cuts it? That was the most powerful weapon in years past CUT INSIDE from the LEft with right footed player for a good chance of scoring? 

My RM has instructions SHOOT LESS, pass hort low crosses or whatever and on top of that he has PM Look for pass instead of goal..  He finished with 4.5 shot attempts per game.... My AMC had 300 shots in the season for 20 goals.. Its 13 shots per goal...  ( He has finishing 18 or 19 cant remember composure 16 decisions 17 techqnue 18) I mean almost every other game I finish with 25 shots + against computer teams that have 10 shots +. Usually we both have 10 ccs and u tell me and finsih 1:0 or 2:1.  

I'm not completely defending it. There are issues, perfectly fine acknowledging that just as the SI team have.

But when I see comments like "Wingers just blasting non stop into side netting never passing" -- I respond like I do because that's just not my experience with the game.

I have seen them shoot into the side netting, sure. But I also get a lot of cut backs, crosses and shots on target from them. Hlozek got me 20 goals as a Winger (a) for Watford once I figured out how to get him to play the way I wanted (TIs, PIs, PPMs and the right combination of roles around him).

If Salah isn't shooting enough or if your RM is shooting too much, it's your job as the manager to figure out how to change that. And it's not always as simple as just adding a Player Instruction. It's also not just down to a broken match engine if certain things don't play out as you expect.

Telling him to pass shorter and shoot less isn't going to change much if the reason he is doing that is down to a lack of other options, or a PPM combined with an attacking mentality, or some other combination of factors that you might be overlooking.

Edited by rockpie

6 minutes ago, rockpie said:

I'm not completely defending it. There are issues, perfectly fine acknowledging that just as the SI team have.

But when I see comments like "Wingers just blasting non stop into side netting never passing" -- I respond like I do because that's just not my experience with the game.

I have seen them shoot into the side netting, sure. But I also get a lot of cut backs, crosses and shots on target from them. Hlozek got me 20 goals as a Winger (a) for Watford once I figured out how to get him to play the way I wanted (TIs, PIs, PPMs and the right combination of roles around him).

If Salah isn't shooting enough or if your RM is shooting too much, it's your job as the manager to figure out how to change that. And it's not always as simple as just adding a Player Instruction. It's also not just down to a broken match engine if certain things don't play out as you expect.

Telling him to pass shorter and shoot less isn't going to change much if the reason he is doing that is down to a lack of other options, or a PPM combined with an attacking mentality, or some other combination of factors that you might be overlooking.

I mean my inverted winger has tons of options he refuses to take them most of the times. I have also seen him pass but I have checked for example top assisters in the league. The stats are way down. I mean my winger had 9 and finished top 3 in EPL. In real life top wingers/players reach 16/20 assists. De Bruyne/Henry both have 20 assist seasons 

I mean ofcours people exagarrate i probably do also because of frustrations. You only see the worse when you lose. When you win you dont see the good things cuz we are humans and we expect to win but in a lot of games when you dont score easy goal and this things happens its frustrating .

I love my RM he has been in the club (MR) since 16 . I got him on free and groomed him 2 seasons training everything etc. Problem is he is bad finisher he had  6 finishing now he is 21 and has reached 10 because of my instructions he is the best assister in the team with 12 assists in 40 games and he has 8 Goals. You would say great number but then when I watch him squander shot after shot and missing easy assists it just gives me headaches .

I mean problem is i guess they wanted to make the game more fun. More KEY highlights. IN Fm19 you could score 3 goals from 3 key highlits. I mean in hte past two game a key highlight usually meaned a 80% goal. So now when we see this happening 10/15 highlights per game and all misses it just makes ur blood boil. I mean in past I used to win 2:0 with 1 ccs . Clean cut chances were sure goals or 50% goals. I mean if you miss 3 CCS your blood was boiling . Now you get 6/7 per game and u miss them all. 

Sure some of them are not exactly clean but some are just stupid. Especially when you pass across the goal and your striker shoots into the GK with a weak weak shot. I mean my AMC has shoot with power and 80% of his shots are weak efforts.. Usually shoots with power for a tap in meaned 100% goal if he hits the goal now GK stays in the left side he has free goal and just pass it to him

Brought the game friday  ,loaded up ,everything fine ,development centre big thumbs up for me , started as kings lynn ,433 formation ,top of the league going well , saved game ,reload into october flying along beat doncaster 1st round of fa cup go out 2nd round to lincoln , get to feb 5 points clear top of league last 8 fa trophy save game , game play been great loving the game ME is what it is ,end of the day its a game , now turn on laptop (lenovo i7 gaming laptop ) load game ....sorry unable to load game ...hmmm load a rolling save perfect only took me 2 weeks back nevermind kick off against farsley ...freeze ...nothing zilch stare at screen hoping ...no unplug reboot restart repeat 4 times ...try all the things on bugs forum ....nothing still freezes ...unstall reinstall.....and nothing again just freezes ...unplug laptop reboot ....nothing windows wont start so hit the restore key ...laptop working again after a few hours of sorting it ....best leave FM alone as 5 star graphic rating just english leagues on a i7 cant handle the game ??? To many problems with this game wont buy ever again ...feel ive been ripped off ...as always its the customers fault pc not up to scratch ...just my feedback 

4 hours ago, mrw072 said:

I've noticed similar - I haven't counted, but i'd say half the penalties I've had so far (10 Maximum), have been missed

Yep, something that needs looking at... I know my striker isn't Alan Shearer re-born, but he is a good striker for the level I am playing at. All the misses as well have been saved, all 5 pens were on target.

Edited by LCFCEaves31

6 hours ago, rockpie said:

This is the single biggest thing I love about this year's engine. It's a constant game of chess with the odd slice of randomness and luck. I have never tweaked tactics so much in game as I have done this year, and the experience is all the better for it. If you're the kind of player who favours 'plug and play', it might be a different experience to past games for you. Perhaps this is where a lot of frustration stems from. 

This is simply a theory based on my own experiences before the usual suspects jump in with the pitchforks. 

I have been saying since my first observations in beta that penalties need to be looked at, simply based on the fact that almost all of them are shot on or close to the ground. Still haven't heard from SI any sort of acknowledgment of this issue, or if it has been looked at. Sure, not a game breaker, but 1) annoying 2) may affect the conversion rate?

10 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

This is the single biggest thing I love about this year's engine. It's a constant game of chess with the odd slice of randomness and luck. I have never tweaked tactics so much in game as I have done this year, and the experience is all the better for it. If you're the kind of player who favours 'plug and play', it might be a different experience to past games for you. Perhaps this is where a lot of frustration stems from. 

This is simply a theory based on my own experiences before the usual suspects jump in with the pitchforks. 

Agree with this. Also want to add that, based on my experience, a lot of times small tweaks I make to 2-3 of my players' roles during the match, as a reaction to what my opponent is doing, turns out to be a very effective and (more importantly) very visible adjustment, which makes this ME more enjoyable for me.

32 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

This is where a lot of my frustration comes from. What i loved about this game was developing talents and taking smaller clubs from smaller football countries and turning them into CL-winners. Now i just found myself constantly tweaking tactics, which for me is really frustrating, since this is not what i want to focus on. i mean, i get good results but overall it's not at all like the past versions of FM. 

Alright I finally give up. I've given this year's Match Engine a really fair go till now but I cannot stand it any longer.

It's painful to watch both my team and the AI go into 30 fps "Cinematic Mode" the moment they get into the Penalty Box to ensure the Goalkeeper pulls off the most exciting save of the decade. I cannot stand watching this conversion rate any longer in this Match Engine.

When I attack I feel very dejected as I know that my player is going to slow down enough for the defenders to catch up or to hit a tender shot to a child which goes so slow I may as well have a cup of tea and come back to the current game.

When the AI attacks I panic for the first minute, feel strange for the next minute and then realize they aren't going to score anyway in the last minute.

I honestly regret pre-ordering this version. I should have stuck to FM 14 or FM 17.

I have a question for the ME developers :

I have heard the argument that you guys always check and check and check the ME before release a new version of the ME 

But the ball over the top issue is not a problem that you see rarely in the games

This issue is on every game.. so its very hard for me to understand how you guys missed this

* And for me the ME is good, in my opinion of course , im having fun with it but sometimes the ball over the top just makes me crazy  

vor 28 Minuten schrieb GOODNAME:

I have a question for the ME developers :

I have heard the argument that you guys always check and check and check the ME before release a new version of the ME 

But the ball over the top issue is not a problem that you see rarely in the games

This issue is on every game.. so its very hard for me to understand how you guys missed this

* And for me the ME is good, in my opinion of course , im having fun with it but sometimes the ball over the top just makes me crazy  

As always, it's not about missing, it's about fixing. Something might be obviously an issue, but fixing it could become very complicated and causing new issues. 

4 minutes ago, Travis Bickle said:

Were the issues fixing this created worse than the ball over the top issue? 

Nobody can really answer that question- particularly with the ME, changing one small code can have multiple roll on effects.

1 minute ago, FrazT said:

Nobody can really answer that question- particularly with the ME, changing one small code can have multiple roll on effects.

I understand. 

It's just that I've spent the last couple of hours trying to develop a tactic that stops the over the d-line through ball, not caring about results, just stopping the d-line through ball, and it's impossible so was just wondering how bad the "side-effects" of tweaking that code can be when one part of the ME is so severely flawed. Just asking.

1 hour ago, Miravlix said:

I reported this year ago, so wtf does the game still hang  on steam downloads, resulting in losing unsaved game time because you have to TERMINATE the game to recover?

Report this in the crashes and technical section of the Bugs forum and let the tech staff investigate this.

11 ore fa, rockpie ha scritto:

Once in FM08 i made a test. 

I put the weakest hungarian u18 players in a serie A team (i don't remember if Juve or others) and release/sell all the other players. 

That team reached a mid tablet position. 

I don't try anymore this test, so i don't know how reputation count now.

Edited by FlorianAlbert9

I am approaching the end of my first season, and so far I scored 1 goal from the dreaded long balls, and conceded 2. Take it fwiw, but it is certainly not true to say the long balls are impossible to stop. I also watched countless of AI vs. AI matches (that's why I still could not finish 1 season lol) as I see this save partially as a test, and I don't see too many of the long balls. The only time I see them is in some youtube videos, happening crazy amount of times both for human managed teams and their AI opponents. 

The only ones that SI should 'fix' imo are those that are caused by the erratic running path of the center backs, and you spot those immediately. For the rest, I'm sorry but tbh I am quite happy that the ME presents a risk for attacking relentlessly.

23 minutes ago, Nick_CB said:

Beautiful goal, and this is why I keep saying that the FM 20 ME is so much better than FM 19, even with the known issues. I have never seen goals like this in FM 19, whereas in my first season so far I scored about 10 goals that came from central play such as this one. If anything, it should happen more, if you want to call an ME 'balanced'.

51 minuti fa, bleventozturk ha scritto:

I am approaching the end of my first season, and so far I scored 1 goal from the dreaded long balls, and conceded 2.

For the rest, I'm sorry but tbh I am quite happy that the ME presents a risk for attacking relentlessly.

That's because basically none of them are scored :brock:

I'm sorry but I don't think this issue is related to teams being too offensive, and honestly after so much talking I'm quite surprised there's still someone thinking this.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm perfectly ok you to like this ME and it has indeed some beautiful things worth to be mentioned.

Just now, Federico said:

That's because none of them are scored :brock:

I'm sorry but I don't think this issue is related to teams being too offensive, and honestly after so much talking I'm quite surprise there's still someone thinking this.

Not true, as I already posted my CCC conversion rate, which is still above 70%. 

I was thinking the same way like you do, until I played the game myself. My earlier thoughts were based on the countless youtube videos that I watched.

1 minuto fa, bleventozturk ha scritto:

Not true, as I already posted my CCC conversion rate, which is still above 70%. 

I was thinking the same way like you do, until I played the game myself. My earlier thoughts were based on the countless youtube videos that I watched.

I see.

Well my thoughts are based on countless games played tried multiple setups. As edited in my earlier post, there surely are nice things in this ME, unfortunately they are obscured by the bad side of it, at least for me.

4 minutes ago, Federico said:

That's because basically none of them are scored :brock:

I'm sorry but I don't think this issue is related to teams being too offensive, and honestly after so much talking I'm quite surprised there's still someone thinking this.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm perfectly ok you to like this ME and it has indeed some beautiful things worth to be mentioned.

No problem mate. I respect everybody's opinion here, but people should not get offensive or asking for proof when someone else shares his positive (or negative) experience. Like I said, my view has changed after I tested the game myself, and I am not experiencing the dreaded long balls in my matches. Therefore, it is perfectly normal for me for 'thinking this', no reason to be surprised.

2 minutes ago, Federico said:

I see.

Well my thoughts are based on countless games played tried multiple setups. As edited in my earlier post, there surely are nice things in this ME, unfortunately they are obscured by the bad side of it, at least for me.

:thup: I am not surprised, because like I said, I saw it happening in many people's games. All I am saying is that it is perfectly possible to not suffer them. It is SI's job to figure out why it is happening a lot to some people. 

1 minuto fa, bleventozturk ha scritto:

No problem mate. I respect everybody's opinion here, but people should not get offensive or asking for proof when someone else shares his positive (or negative) experience. Like I said, my view has changed after I tested the game myself, and I am not experiencing the dreaded long balls in my matches. Therefore, it is perfectly normal for me for 'thinking this', no reason to be surprised.

I hope my words haven't offended you. This problem is widely aknwoledged, I'm happy you aren't suffering it but I would be cautious from stating it's not a problem or, even worse, related to some setup encouraging this, when it's clearly not true.