Football Manager 2020 Feedback Thread

3 minuti fa, bleventozturk ha scritto:

All I am saying is that it is perfectly possible to not suffer them. It is SI's job to figure out why it is happening a lot to some people. 

Ahh ok ok.

Yes definitely, when a problem is common there's surely some pattern behind the ME that must be unveiled, because it's happening a lot to a lot of people playing a lot of different setups.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Nick_CB said:

This sort of goal is clearly possible in FM20, but doesn’t happen often enough imo. 

On a side note, has any noticed strikers not attempting to get in the box after releasing a winger/wing-back? I’ve seen it frequently and results in the wide player having to shoot from a difficult angle as there’s no one in the box. 

13 minutes ago, jc577 said:

This sort of goal is clearly possible in FM20, but doesn’t happen often enough imo. 

On a side note, has any noticed strikers not attempting to get in the box after releasing a winger/wing-back? I’ve seen it frequently and results in the wide player having to shoot from a difficult angle as there’s no one in the box. 

That's a good observation. I see that happening sometimes too.

8 minutes ago, bleventozturk said:

That's a good observation. I see that happening sometimes too.

It seems as if their studs have got stuck in the turf, much like centre-backs when *defending* long-balls. 

1 hora atrás, jc577 disse:

You're right. But my team is working the ball very well. Although in some situations the CF wastes chances

17 hours ago, Toshef said:

Lets look 10 years each division

EPL 2009 Drogba 29 Goals (5 guys above 20) 2010 Berbatov 20 2011 Van Persie 30 (Rooney 27) 2012 Persie 26 2013 Suarez 31 2014 Aguero 26  2015 Kane 25 2016 Kane 29 2017 Salah 32 2018 Salah 22

I cant be bothered with precise average but for last 10 years top scorer is 28/29 guals on average (2 bad years Berbatov/Salah rest 8 as we can see everybody is around 30) 

We can do Spain but its pretty pointless the Average there is 35 goals +

Also Suarez has 60 goals all competitions 2015, Salah has 45 goals all competitions two years ago. Kane has two season 35/40 goals +

I mean I dont really get whats your point? Either nerf creation of chances cuz right now strikers cant score goals .It takes them 10/15 chances to do so. My 19 finishing AMC (SS) has 190 shots for 17 goals.

This is absurd . My top striker finished wiht 26 goals in 37 games. Decent ammouth but in all fairness considering my tactics and that he was "fed" every game he was supposed to score much more. In fact the stupid match egine is the reason I failed 1/4 UEFA CUp Final.  0:0 away I had 26 shots against 0 from Lille. Then at home I had 30 shots had 1:0 lead and they scored from Corner.

Its both "tactics" and bad ME why AI strikers cant score. They create less chances cuz of "conservative" tactics and they fail to score. My save I almost won league title cuz Man Utd collapsed and did 2 losses 0:1 and 3 draws 0:0 to end the season. 

You can keep saying everything is alrgiht and disrepancy is small but its around 20/30 percent in most leagues in term of striker goals. 

As I said dont preach that your strikers can score. My striker also scores but misses much more I mean go play against your youth team and you will see. I did 2/3 testing against my 18-s team I barerly beat them 3:0 or 4:0. In the years past I could trash them 10:0 or more easy with my best team. Now its impossible I miss soo many on top of that they created 5 CCS with longballs through defenders.

Thats far from ok

I regularly thrash those types of non-league side by 10+ goals in friendlies. 

I've won 2 competitive games by 7 goals this season. In averaging 3 goals a game. So it is perfectly possible to score lots of goals in this ME. 

My point is to be Frank and that you are scoring a perfectly reasonable amount of goals. 

26 goals in 30 odd games is a fantastic return for any striker. 

FM has in the past been totally unrealistic with human players being able to get even mildly average strikers to score 30 or 40 goals for years on end. 

Varying the Pressing Intensity instruction still has no effect (at least visually) on the Intensity meter. It makes no difference if Pressing intensity is set to lowest or maximum. I've been reporting on this since the beta. Is this affecting the match engine as well? If so, it is a huge bug.  

image.png

6 minutes ago, rain94 said:

Varying the Pressing Intensity instruction still has no effect (at least visually) on the Intensity meter. It makes no difference if Pressing intensity is set to lowest or maximum. I've been reporting on this since the beta. Is this affecting the match engine as well? If so, it is a huge bug.  

image.png

Have you reported this in the Bugs forum to have it looked at?- that was the developers can assess and decide if it is a bug or not

6 hours ago, jc577 said:

Yes this is very common in my experience. Also in two-striker formations - if one striker moves down the channel with the ball his strike partner will not attempt to get into the box/into a good position to get on the end of a cross, resulting in a poor shot from an angle

52 minutes ago, Kingstontom88 said:

Yes this is very common in my experience. Also in two-striker formations - if one striker moves down the channel with the ball his strike partner will not attempt to get into the box/into a good position to get on the end of a cross, resulting in a poor shot from an angle

Two striker formations were OP on FM18. I still remember the havoc I was creating with Josef Martinez-Raul Ruidiaz pair; constantly passing through balls and tip ins to each other. After FM18, it became very hard for me to effectively use a 2 striker formation. Perhaps for a couple matches but I would not rely a 2 striker formation long term.

2 hours ago, srvngrc said:

Looks like we’ve to wait big March update for new ME.

11 minutes ago, szp said:

Why? Is there any announcement from SI about that? 

There's been no announcement made about any release times yet. Srvngrc do not deliberately post misinformation. It's not fair on users and we take a very dim view on such posts

I took over a 3rd division Spanish team who were 19th. 

After 10 games I'd won 7, drawn 3. Everyone is happy. We're comfortably mid-table. 

All of a sudden my captain decides "he can't get past my lack of experience" and is publicly unhappy. 8 players agree with him. Now we can't win a game, most likely going to get relegated and I'll get sacked. 

This is the kind of randomness that does me in with this game. 

Started a new save with the aim of not re-starting games. Made it 10 games until a run of - beat a top 4 team, lose to a bottom 4 team, in 5 games in a row caused me to blow my nut and re-start.

The thing that hurt the most, well the second most, was the fact that I was losing to 17th placed Cagliari/Brazil from 1970, and changed to a more attacking formation, and there was simply no acknowledgement. You know the one where you move to a more attacking formation and the very next scene is the other team attacking. It feels like the game is just saying fork you. 

Anyway I lost 1:0, rage quit and re-started and......that's right......won 2:1.....

It's just too hard knowing the simple fix in any game is to simply re-start. It will almost guarantee me a win. I think I've failed to win one re-start and I've re-started about 20 games. One hilarious thing I notice with re-starts is the exact same team talk produces different reactions. It shows that the game is really just a random result generator. A slightly more sophisticated version of a slot machine. 

End of rant. 

I'm not sure if this is a bug. But as part of my 'Mentoring' review, a player has reportedly developed a new trait (a), despite not being in any of my mentoring groups (b).

(a) image.png.fb6faf7d19115213646b664841783d38.png

(b) image.thumb.png.08b6482bfbb8f6147495b6d71bc53803.png

Edited by Bry

I hired a development manager on my save. He does a really bad job at loaning out players, so I took control of that part myself. But every few days (sometimes 2-3, sometimes a wekk), the changes are reset and he has control over outgoing loans. I then have to change it again, and cancel the loans. 

Has this been raised as an issue? 

5 hours ago, FrazT said:

Have you reported this in the Bugs forum to have it looked at?- that was the developers can assess and decide if it is a bug or not

I created a post in the correct bugs forum during the beta. I then posted again when it wasnt fixed after release. It appears  someone from SI locked my post last month. If I check my posting history, it says locked and I cant even enter it to view it.

12 hours ago, kiwityke1983 said:

I've won 2 competitive games by 7 goals this season. In averaging 3 goals a game. So it is perfectly possible to score lots of goals in this ME. 

My point is to be Frank and that you are scoring a perfectly reasonable amount of goals. 

FM has in the past been totally unrealistic with human players being able to get even mildly average strikers to score 30 or 40 goals for years on end. 

Yes our striker scored a lot but because they nerfed this now nobody scores. I am more frustrated about opposition players. 

Finished my season la Liga top scorer is 18 goals . Seria Top scorer is 17 goals. Portugal again 14 goals..

Lets hold hands and sing kumbaya everything is alright. 

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, thomas_e said:

I hired a development manager on my save. He does a really bad job at loaning out players, so I took control of that part myself. But every few days (sometimes 2-3, sometimes a wekk), the changes are reset and he has control over outgoing loans. I then have to change it again, and cancel the loans. 

Has this been raised as an issue? 

We are aware of an issue where this responsibility can get reverted when saving  and reloading a game. If you have an example of this responsibility changing automatically when continuing then could you please raise the issue in the below thread in the bugs forums and provide a save game if possible. 

1 hour ago, Toshevbgg said:

Yes our striker scored a lot but because they nerfed this now nobody scores. I am more frustrated about opposition players. 

Finished my season la Liga top scorer is 18 goals . Seria Top scorer is 17 goals. Portugal again 14 goals..

Lets hold hands and sing kumbaya everything is alright. 

I've repeatedly said the AI struggles to score goals because of the fact its far, far, far too cautious. 

Especially teams that are struggling. I'm actually convinced that if some teams at the bottom showed even 20% more effort in attack they'd comfortably stay up. But as it is they choose to sit back and lose 1-0 every week. 

Top teams don't get a chance to rack up goals due to the issues well documented in these one hundred and odd pages that come from general ME issues and teams packing defence. 

But it is absolutely possible for us human managers to rack up tonnes of goals. 

39 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

I've repeatedly said the AI struggles to score goals because of the fact its far, far, far too cautious. 

Especially teams that are struggling. I'm actually convinced that if some teams at the bottom showed even 20% more effort in attack they'd comfortably stay up. But as it is they choose to sit back and lose 1-0 every week. 

Top teams don't get a chance to rack up goals due to the issues well documented in these one hundred and odd pages that come from general ME issues and teams packing defence. 

But it is absolutely possible for us human managers to rack up tonnes of goals. 

I agree with this in general, but there are some good signs too, such as (just copying my post from another thread since it is relevant here):

In my last match I was playing against a weaker team at home. I scored the first goal. In the second half they went from balanced to positive. Around 75th minute they scored the equalizer and went to cautious. 5 min later I got a red card, and all of a sudden they went 'very attacking' for the remainder of the game. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the AI manager's recognition that it was their chance to beat a stronger opponent on the road and threw everything at me. 

So, there are definitely improvements on this side, but I think overall in FM 20 AI needs to be a bit more attacking still.

Watching AI vs AI matches you can also see a better variety of goals when both managers are more willing to attack. Positive vs. positive results in some very entertaining matches.

9 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

Clarify me please where I can disable this type of inbox messages? Checked staff responce and Development Centre, not found yet

644684158_Image5.thumb.png.bc0e32f1943803711d3a9b9f9d4ec47a.png

Staff > Responsibilities > Match

Scroll down the bottom to "Match Day (U18)". There is a drop down "Ask which first team players are available for this team"

I don't like the new responsibilities section at all, it's very confusing.

6 hours ago, Maldini's Heir said:

Started a new save with the aim of not re-starting games. Made it 10 games until a run of - beat a top 4 team, lose to a bottom 4 team, in 5 games in a row caused me to blow my nut and re-start.

You will never learn how to play this game properly with this approach. Why don't you channel this energy into studying why you are losing against a bottom four team? Maybe even post about it in the tactics forum for assistance. Mindlessly reloading the game then ranting because it's a different outcome is completely counter-productive. 

Or just stop playing and do something else before it makes you ill. Either way, ranting about it on here solves nothing. You will get little sympathy from the community with your approach of 'reload until I win'. 

No offence. 

46 minutes ago, GPower88 said:

Really enjoying this game until the season starts and I have to watch the absolutely abysmal match engine. Then I just turn it off.

How has it not been patched yet. 

Its ready when its ready you should not have to wait longer then march thou.

15 hours ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Nope  

They cant score because whatever they create they miss and them being more cautious means less creations so with the abysmal convert rating it leaves a lot of games at 0:0 or 1:0. I have seen my oppostion games they usually have 10+ shots per game which in the past was more then enough\

Barcelona in real life have 12 SHOTS PER GAME  in La liga..  My team in FM manages 25+ every other game. Because of this many misses and dumb defending usually we end up like 26 shots and my opposition has 15..

I have had numerous games 20 shots for both teams.. Thats a shot every 2 minute ...

I mean its obvious its not good. I dont know why you cant accept it?

Ofcours my striker can score a lot of goal I am 10th season world class manager maxed morale/cohesion/tactics he has amazing team mates and he is lone striker. 

Look at Real madrid in your game you will see they have 15 shots per game minimum and they draw and cant score goals.. Its because of abysmal conversion of chances.  Dembele has potential of 190 in my game he has 7 goals in 60 games for united... No matter what position he plays this is **** awful

21 minutes ago, Toshevbgg said:

I mean its obvious its not good. I dont know why you cant accept it?

Ofcours my striker can score a lot of goal I am 10th season world class manager

You've played TEN whole seasons in a game which you think is 'not good'? 

Wow. 

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

You've played TEN whole seasons in a game which you think is 'not good'? 

Wow. 

I am talking about ME situation with strikers and goals? Why do you have to take my words out of context?

Read our conversation the last 5 pages before trying to be smart about it

@Toshevbgg @kiwityke1983 you've been arguing in a circular discussion for long enough, and it's not really offering much to the thread in terms of constructive feedback. You have differing results and opinions, thats fine, leave it at that.

Feels like this forum is constantly full of users trying to force others to accept their opinion.

@Dagenham_Dave you're not being helpful, stop it.

1 час назад, Tiger666 сказал:

Staff > Responsibilities > Match

Scroll down the bottom to "Match Day (U18)". There is a drop down "Ask which first team players are available for this team"

I don't like the new responsibilities section at all, it's very confusing.

Well there are a lot of options which need new interface. But yes it looks like quest in dungeon sometimes :D

thank you ;)

Firstly I acknowledge their are some flaws with the ME. 

However reading through some people's comments it's like they want a game you can plug a perfect tactic in and win every game... Sounds very boring. 

FM 20 is definitely harder and I'm enjoying the challenge. 

Feel like there are a group of people who play this game who just want the satisfaction of plugging a ready made tactic in and winning the lot. Where is the fun in that? 

1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

You will never learn how to play this game properly with this approach. Why don't you channel this energy into studying why you are losing against a bottom four team? Maybe even post about it in the tactics forum for assistance. Mindlessly reloading the game then ranting because it's a different outcome is completely counter-productive. 

Or just stop playing and do something else before it makes you ill. Either way, ranting about it on here solves nothing. You will get little sympathy from the community with your approach of 'reload until I win'. 

No offence. 

But I’m not mindlessly restarting. It doesn’t take multiple attempts at restarts. One restart. That is it.

The difference between winning and losing seems to come down to instances which are largely out of my hands. Bad luck (I hit the post a few times in my first game) and random reactions to team talks (in the first game the exact same team talks got minimum responses, the second game the responses were better).

Restarting actually tells me it’s them not me. It was just “one of those days”.

One thing I do need to learn is how to turnaround a game that I’m losing or when I need a goal. Becoming more attacking doesn’t make my team more attacking, dropping off seems to work better (and yes I know drop deep, draw them out blah blah blah but in real life when a team is dominating they don’t just suddenly drop back and become defensive to try and open up the other team).

And I just wish I had a feeling that my actions meant something. It would be nice if switching up to a more attacking formation produced an attacking play rather than cutting immediately to attacks from the other team. That’s just a wind up. 

Win, lose or draw I feel my involvement in this game is minimal.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Maldini's Heir:

I don’t even expect the tactic to work. But have the other player that I left free score. Punish me for taking the risk of man marking one player (Bonucci) and leaving another (De Ligt) free. But instead Bonucci scores. 

If man marking means "he will never score" ok, but usually it also depends on who is man marking and there is always a chance that a man marked player is scoring. I think your main problem is that you can't bear the randomness in football, which is probably a bit different in the ME, but still it is there and you need to live with it. In FM you have at least the chance to wait for a new update.

Is anyone else seeing a high level of goals from the edge of box following half-cleared corners? Doesn't seem to matter how I set up defensive corners, every other game one gets spanked into the top corner by any of their players (good shooting stats or not) 

9 minutes ago, Kingstontom88 said:

Is anyone else seeing a high level of goals from the edge of box following half-cleared corners? Doesn't seem to matter how I set up defensive corners, every other game one gets spanked into the top corner by any of their players (good shooting stats or not) 

Yes

16 minutes ago, KUBI said:

If man marking means "he will never score" ok, but usually it also depends on who is man marking and there is always a chance that a man marked player is scoring. I think your main problem is that you can't bear the randomness in football, which is probably a bit different in the ME, but still it is there and you need to live with it. In FM you have at least the chance to wait for a new update.

I know all this. It would just be nice for once, for something I do, one tactic, to actually mean something. 

It's like the time where I saw a weakness down the left when the other team got a man sent off so I switched to attacking down the left and then scored down the right. People on here tried to defend it by saying that the computer had quadruple bluffed me - ah so because you wanted your team to attack down the left that created space down the right so....they attacked down the right.....where the other team had players.....ah but they didn't because.....it's exhausting. 

Why can't I set my team to attack down the left, and then my team actually attacks down the left so I can get the direct satisfaction of my tactic actually working?

I keep my tactics so simple. I don't burden players with endless instructions. But it would be nice if the little things I do do at least got acknowledged.

I think my main issue is that I'm used to playing FIFA and PES where I can actually just take control of the team and force them to play the way I want. Whereas in FM I can't even ask my team to play down the left without them second and third guessing me. And then I go and spoil it all by re-starting which just re-enforces how random the whole thing is. 

25 minutes ago, Kingstontom88 said:

I think they said that the clearance logic (lack of) is under review.

9 hours ago, Maldini's Heir said:

The thing that hurt the most, well the second most, was the fact that I was losing to 17th placed Cagliari/Brazil from 1970, and changed to a more attacking formation, and there was simply no acknowledgement. You know the one where you move to a more attacking formation and the very next scene is the other team attacking. It feels like the game is just saying fork you. 

Anyway I lost 1:0, rage quit and re-started and......that's right......won 2:1.....

It's just too hard knowing the simple fix in any game is to simply re-start. It will almost guarantee me a win. I think I've failed to win one re-start and I've re-started about 20 games. One hilarious thing I notice with re-starts is the exact same team talk produces different reactions. It shows that the game is really just a random result generator. A slightly more sophisticated version of a slot machine. 

End of rant. 

that's why unreal. the results of this fm 20 do not make results with players you have. when it's scheduled for you to lose. you lose. why is this garbage fm20

5 minutes ago, Maldini's Heir said:

It's like the time where I saw a weakness down the left when the other team got a man sent off so I switched to attacking down the left and then scored down the right. People on here tried to defend it by saying that the computer had quadruple bluffed me -

Absolutely no-one said that. What was explained to you was that just because you set up to attack down the left doesn't mean your team won't attack down the other side. 

10 minutes ago, Maldini's Heir said:

I think my main issue is that I'm used to playing FIFA and PES where I can actually just take control of the team and force them to play the way I want. Whereas in FM I can't even ask my team to play down the left without them second and third guessing me. And then I go and spoil it all by re-starting which just re-enforces how random the whole thing is. 

I was going to say something similar, but I did not want to bother somebody who is already frustrated :)

Like the moderator said above, to me it really sounds like that you just can't enjoy this game with all the randomness it has. Maybe it is just not your game mate. Just to put things in perspective, I would not be able to play this game if it was functioning up to your likings, based on everything that you have been writing, and I am sure there are others like me there. 

In one of your posts you said something like 'it feels more like it is up to the players, and not up to my tactics'. I personally couldn't play/enjoy the game any other way, FWIW. The result of each game is random, and it should be. The soundness of your tactics and the quality of the players (and how players fit in to that tactic) affects the probability of success. Over the course of the year, the luck factor should even out. I just can't understand how somebody can win 5 games, then loose the 6th one, then reload and win, and complain. No offense.

Edited by bleventozturk

Fwiw, we also see people complaining here time and again that sometimes the game just decides that they should lose, and no matter how many times they reload and try different tactics, they still lose, therefore concluding that a loss was predetermined at that point. I don't recall seeing this complaint for FM20 yet, but it happened so many times in previous versions. Either way there will be people complaining, and I don't blame them - it is a game after all and one player's expectation can be different than the other's.

Edit: wait a sec, Cristo69 above actually just complained about the so called 'scheduled loss', while also agreeing with Maldini's Heir's complaint, which are essentially contradicting each other. Go figure.

Edited by bleventozturk

2 hours ago, Maldini's Heir said:

But I’m not mindlessly restarting. It doesn’t take multiple attempts at restarts. One restart. That is it.

The difference between winning and losing seems to come down to instances which are largely out of my hands. Bad luck (I hit the post a few times in my first game) and random reactions to team talks (in the first game the exact same team talks got minimum responses, the second game the responses were better).

Restarting actually tells me it’s them not me. It was just “one of those days”.

One thing I do need to learn is how to turnaround a game that I’m losing or when I need a goal. Becoming more attacking doesn’t make my team more attacking, dropping off seems to work better (and yes I know drop deep, draw them out blah blah blah but in real life when a team is dominating they don’t just suddenly drop back and become defensive to try and open up the other team).

And I just wish I had a feeling that my actions meant something. It would be nice if switching up to a more attacking formation produced an attacking play rather than cutting immediately to attacks from the other team. That’s just a wind up. 

Win, lose or draw I feel my involvement in this game is minimal.

It doesn't play any highlights of your attacks because your attacks obviously didn't produce anything significant. If you watch the whole game you will probably see your attacking play and maybe where it is going wrong