Alan Sugar removes 'funny' Tweet about the Senegal team

Barry Cartman

1 minute ago, The_jagster said:

Why is the 2010 team in the picture? And I don't even get the joke tbh.

There tend to be a lot of African migrants selling fake designer goods in Marbella and other Mediterranean resorts.

6 minutes ago, Bliss Seeker said:

I think someone's got to him now and taken the phone off him.  It's been a while since he's tweeted. 

I like the idea of everybody in the PR department at Amstrad having a huge panic.

"QUICK! CLIVE! GO AND GET HIS PHONE! HE'S DOING IT AGAIN!"

Just now, Wigmore said:

I like the idea of everybody in the PA department at Amstrad having a huge panic.

"QUICK! CLIVE! GO AND GET HIS PHONE!"

Yea, exactly that's the image I have. Of a group of them running from their desks to smash down his toilet door. :D

4 minutes ago, Carninho said:

very odd. is he now at that age where he can make racist 'jokes'?

he needs to tweet one of these jokes now for every race for it to be ok, but thats obvs not going to happen

It would be great if he tweeted a picture of the 2010 England team with a massive badly photoshopped picture of fish and chips at the bottom.

"I swear I've seen these guys down the chippy! Haha those crazy Brits!!!"

4 minutes ago, Wigmore said:

It would be great if he tweeted a picture of the 2010 England team with a massive badly photoshopped picture of fish and chips at the bottom.

"I swear I've seen these guys down the chippy! Haha those crazy Brits!!!"

in my head i had one for South Korea & Mexico that I could imagine him coming out with. Then the more you think of it each country has that racist stereotype for the old duffer to trip over. 

I can just about understand how some old guy could make a throwaway remark about the Senegal team looking like the chaps he saw in Marbella and be unaware of the casual racist implications. 

But actually getting photoshop out to create a meme to share with your followers is a lot of thought and effort to put into being I-didn't-mean-to-be-racist...

If it's meant to be a joke about refugees from Africa then the joke doesn't even make sense because Senegal is one of the most stable countries in Africa. While not fully democratic (only president is elected), the appointed officials are still held to account and the country is considered "free" by Freedom House (even being a leading figure in ensuring the peaceful transition of power in Gambia last year). Though that said, they still have major problems. Homosexuality is illegal there and the large majority of the population doesn't think it should be accepted by society.

9 minutes ago, Heartwork said:

If it's meant to be a joke about refugees from Africa then the joke doesn't even make sense because Senegal is one of the most stable countries in Africa. While not fully democratic (only president is elected), the appointed officials are still held to account and the country is considered "free" by Freedom House (even being a leading figure in ensuring the peaceful transition of power in Gambia last year). Though that said, they still have major problems. Homosexuality is illegal there and the large majority of the population doesn't think it should be accepted by society.

You see...if you over-analyse any joke it loses its humour.

2 minutes ago, Heartwork said:

Implying the joke had any humour in the first place

You've done it again - my comment was meant as a joke and you have analysed it back through the original analysis and the corrective analysis has sucked any humour out of my comment.

2 hours ago, arenaross said:

Can't wait for westy to rock up and explain how this isn't actually racist.

Is it really racist though? Is he calling them inferior? This to me is just classic observational humour. At the beach you get guys that look just like the Senegal players flogging dodgy good. It's a tad un-pc but it's more than a tad funny. I'm sure the Senegal players would have found it amusing.

1 hour ago, HemHat said:

Is it just me who thinks it's a little bit funny?

me too :D 

21 minutes ago, Heartwork said:

the explanation is higher up. it has nothing to do with what you think

8 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

Is it really racist though? Is he calling them inferior? This to me is just classic observational humour. At the beach you get guys that look just like the Senegal players flogging dodgy good. It's a tad un-pc but it's more than a tad funny. I'm sure the Senegal players would have found it amusing.

Really?

9 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

Me three. No different to saying a bunch of tall people look like a basketball team.

10 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

Gotta give the fans what they want. People like Arena are parasites, they need right wing madness to survive because they don't have their own opinions, just righteous condemnation of others.

I'm sorry if I upset you my darling snowflake :(

Archived