Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can Van Gaal and Valdes/Lindegaard pucker up? Always thought Romero was awful. We had those two + De Gea in the stands and this guy is playing in the net is just puzzling. Van Gaal might be a good coach, but his history suggest he might not be the best in man management.

Well, yesterday was a thoroughly miserable load of old ****, wasn't it?

Dominated the first 20 minutes but never really created anything concrete. Switch off for ten minutes and concede 2 goals while in control of the game, though on the other hand we were lucky to be in that position as they had 2 really good chances to score with one hitting the post, both from Gomis iirc.

Depay was absolutely awful again yesterday, needs a game on the bench otherwise he'll begin to think that what he's producing is more than acceptable. Was crying out for Young to come on for him yet he comes on for Mata. Smalling was brilliant yet again, really has become so commanding and just seems to read everything so well at the minute. We really must get an actual CB in to partner him though as Blind playing there all season is not going to produce a title challenge of any degree. Rooney was poor again. Great chance near the end and just wanted to dribble it all the way to goal and got caught and it has been that way all season. Should have scored against Spurs and were lucky that Walker stepped in to poke it in instead as I'm not sure Rooney would have ever shot. Still has the touch and control of a league 2 striker.

Need a striker just as much as a CB as well. As terrible as he has been for 2 years now, what happens if Rooney gets injured for 10 games? We have Wilson as our only other striker if Chicha goes. Or... Fellaini, who isn't actually a striker but gets used as one because of his height and the fact that he can actually control a ball and lay it off. In that regard I'd be interested to see us play a few games with Fellaini up front and Rooney behind him, but that is still all kinds of wrong.

In isolation a defeat away to Swansea isn't the worst thing in the world, these results happen. No away game is easy in the PL and Swansea are a team who are always capable of getting that kind of result, it's just our style of play and performance on the whole that is plain awful to watch, other than the odd 15-20 minute spells where we dominate, excite with our quick one touch play to the edge of the opposition box and then totally run out of ideas before we actually get in to the box.

Early days, but I can't see a title challenge coming from us this season.

Dropping our new signing when he needs as many minutes as possible in a new league. Great idea.

He needs his striker making runs. Not only to create that pass, but the space for him too. Someone mentioned how many more crosses Young had than Depay. Well yeah, it's easier to cross when you have Fellaini in there.

No panic buying says Van Gaal. Man Utd make 36.3 million bid for unproven teenager. We believe you Louis.

Austin Powers and Martial Law. There shall be goals :D

I've no idea who we're truly after, if any, but I hope something happens before the deadline, as long as it's not DDG related.

I'm not as critical of the football as most, but gosh do I miss the SAF days when we threw the kitchen sink at teams in the last 20 minutes. We don't even have four strikers in the squad any more, never mind a hope of seeing four on the pitch.

So what is the upside of DDG staying other than a **** you to Madrid? We have a player for a season who doesn't want to be there and is counting down the days until he leaves on a free next year.

The window closes and then what, he goes straight back into the team? Is he focussed? 100% committed? I doubt it.

So what is the upside of DDG staying other than a **** you to Madrid? We have a player for a season who doesn't want to be there and is counting down the days until he leaves on a free next year.

The window closes and then what, he goes straight back into the team? Is he focussed? 100% committed? I doubt it.

I would sit him down and tell him we will make him the highest paid goalkeeper in the world if he signs a new deal. And it can have a release clause in it for Madrid. A world record amount for a goalkeeper. He is the best GK in the world and should be bought as one. If Madrid really want him they will pay and he can go as soon as the do pay it. no messing, just like Ronaldo.

If he doesn't sign, he spends the season in the stands.

So Adnan to Dortmund on loan. Hernandez being sold. What the **** is going on :D Where are the strikers?! We can't have 2 lined up...
Now Sky are reporting Januzaj to Dortmund on loan. Are we going to have any attacking options at all left?

Or basically what Andrew said :D

There must be something happening in regards to incoming. Dortmund will be good for Adnan.

Bale to get number 11 it seems :cool::D

So Adnan to Dortmund on loan. Hernandez being sold. What the **** is going on :D Where are the strikers?! We can't have 2 lined up...
I would sit him down and tell him we will make him the highest paid goalkeeper in the world if he signs a new deal. And it can have a release clause in it for Madrid. A world record amount for a goalkeeper. He is the best GK in the world and should be bought as one. If Madrid really want him they will pay and he can go as soon as the do pay it. no messing, just like Ronaldo.

This from Gizzy. Also let us set a precedent, we are the club where you meet our valuation or you wait till the players contract is up.

Would you sign it? I know I wouldn't if I wanted away.

Then he can sit in the stand and go for free in a year. Simples.

Next guy who wants to do a De Gea knows the drill, get your suitor to cough up or you sit and run your contract down. Over time, will see a lot more clubs coughing up and less players prepared to just wait.

Its happened to other players. They sign to get higher pay until they move, and the club get a transfer fee. Everyone wins.

He also finds out if Madrid really want him, because right now I would be questioning that if I were him.

Why would he sign that? He can go to Madrid next season for nothing

Chances are if the window closes and DDG doesn't appear to buck up his ideas and be focused you'll cut your lossses and he'll leave in the summer. If, out of spite, you don't collect some money in the summer if he's not in the first team then that's every bit as idiotic as those fake lawyers

His value is going down with every day. Well done on 'teaching Madrid a lesson' guess what ... they'll get over it and also end up with their man much cheaper. I am sure DDG will survive, probably still go to the Euros (certainly will if released in summer) but still young will wipe his tears with a huge signing on bonus and security for his future. The fact he may miss out first choice out Euros will not last long but no doubt he'll have a bitter memory of his time with United

All he wants to do is leave. He's seemingly given ample notice (not handed in a request, mind. Berahino has and not accepted, would you accept it even?) ... fine, honour your contract but that's what he'll do then. Who really loses out at the end of this whole saga? United tbh

Its happened to other players. They sign to get higher pay until they move, and the club get a transfer fee. Everyone wins.

He also finds out if Madrid really want him, because right now I would be questioning that if I were him.

I think it's clear they want him

Is the pay increase for this season going to cover his massive signing on fee at Madrid though and whatever they're offering him there (may well be more than he's getting now, right)

If he wants to go Madrid I don't see how United can 'win' this one

Then he can sit in the stand and go for free in a year. Simples.

Next guy who wants to do a De Gea knows the drill, get your suitor to cough up or you sit and run your contract down. Over time, will see a lot more clubs coughing up and less players prepared to just wait.

I think players would be more willing to sit and wait. Push for a transfer now and get say £2m-£5m signing on fee, or join end of season for nothing and get triple that.

Anybody for a Berahaino bid?

Yeah, I'll take anyone at this point :D

Actually don't think it matters who we sign as Rooney will still start. Just need a small injury. Com'on San Marino ;)

To be quite frank, a less then optimally motivated/committed De Gea probably still ***** all over Romero

I think players would be more willing to sit and wait. Push for a transfer now and get say £2m-£5m signing on fee, or join end of season for nothing and get triple that.

Then so be it, but that becomes the way and we don't have the circus.

The player knows what the options are and the suitor does too. So we miss out on a few millions but it strengthens the bargaining every time it comes about. Also, a few players will not want to wait if they are definitely just going to be sitting about for 1 year, even better when its more than 1 year.

Right here's whats going to happen. Januzaj is going to Dortmund because Madrid said the only way Bale leaves is if we sell De Gea and they get Reus and the only way Reus leaves is if Dortmund get a player and a big fee in return.

Simples.

We are short on numbers though. That's our outfield squad if Januzaj and Hernandez leave as suggested.

1. Jones

2. Rojo

3. Depay

4. Mata

5. Rooney

6. Smalling

7. Carrick

8. Blind

9. Young

10. Herrera

11. Shaw

12. Valencia

13. Fellaini

14. Schneiderlin

15. Schweinsteiger

16. Darmian

Right here's whats going to happen. Januzaj is going to Dortmund because Madrid said the only way Bale leaves is if we sell De Gea and they get Reus and the only way Reus leaves is if Dortmund get a player and a big fee in return.

Simples.

We are short on numbers though. That's our outfield squad if Januzaj and Hernandez leave as suggested.

1. Jones

2. Rojo

3. Depay

4. Mata

5. Rooney

6. Smalling

7. Carrick

8. Blind

9. Young

10. Herrera

11. Shaw

12. Valencia

13. Fellaini

14. Schneiderlin

15. Schweinsteiger

16. Darmian

That has to be a concern. A few injuries (which some of those players are prone to) and you are in real trouble.

Yeah, Blaszczykowski is on his way to Fiorentina now. By itself, its a very good move for him. It's the knockon effect for our depth that is the issue.

Hmm I don't know. Mkhitaryan - Kagawa - Reus are most definitely first choice, can't see Januzaj displacing any of them and a season as a back up/rotation player is no good to him.

Hmm I don't know. Mkhitaryan - Kagawa - Reus are most definitely first choice, can't see Januzaj displacing any of them and a season as a back up/rotation player is no good to him.

They obviously want a player in return for letting Reus leave :brock:

In addition to the players dion mentioned, there's also some young ones, like McNair, Wilson and Pereira. Not exactly starters though. Looks like Martial is close to a done deal, but if so many players are let go, even if just on loan, you'd think there is more in the pipelines than a ridiculously overpriced Frenchie (although he does sound very talented).

so... €50m on martial? do you people still think money's the problem?

Depends on if we sell.

Our net spend was around £8m before Pedro was on the way in for £22m and that would have probably been the end of our business at £30m net (Similar to what was said in the share prospectus). Now we are bringing in this guy for £36m after Hernandez goes for £10m and Evans for £8m so still not really any different from where we would have been if we had got Pedro with a net spend of £28m. If we end up selling DDG before the window shuts, our net spend could be less than £10m (assuming he goes for more than £20m)

So we are certainly not splurging and we are still watching the pennies.....or rather sticking to the promised spending levels to the holders of our debt.

Edit - Just look at our first team squad and tell me we are not cutting fat.

Archived