Match 16 - Group A - Brazil VS Mexico 2000BST

sean_oc16

That is true, yeah.

Mind you, Mexico are a very good side.

Yes, they are, they underperformed in the Quals, nice seeing them play their normal level now.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Think those saying it was a really good game are forgetting just how crap the first half was :D

Second half was great though.

I was away cooking during the first half so can only say this was bloody excellent. :cool: Probably one of the best 0-0s I've ever seen.

Take that, Iran-Nigeria. In your face.

2 0-0s in a row for me. I cant remember the last time I watched 2 0-0s in a row.

Shame that Guardado shot was slightly too high or that Cesar parry just missed Hernandez would have won some money if either went in.

That was an excellent 0-0. Fantastic game by the Mexican goalie, but they were pretty close to scoring themselves too. Shame about all the shots a little too high. I don't much trust Julio Cesar any more. Neymar was good though. He's better when he's not a diving twunt every 2 minutes. Marcela was a c*** though, made even funnier by the fact he probably could have reached the ball and scored.

2 0-0s in a row for me. I cant remember the last time I watched 2 0-0s in a row.

Shame that Guardado shot was slightly too high or that Cesar parry just missed Hernandez would have won some money if either went in.

Probably at the start of the season at Plymouth? :p

Apart from the header, Neymar again showing he can't do well when he is well-marked.

Isn't that true of a lot of players? No player is good when isolated. I didn't rate Scolari's subs either. Brazil need a bit more creativity in midfield someone to link the player better. Paulinho isn't that sort of player

Isn't that true of a lot of players? No player is good when isolated. I didn't rate Scolari's subs either. Brazil need a bit more creativity in midfield someone to link the player better. Paulinho isn't that sort of player

Yes, it applies to Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi et al too. Ideally Fernandinho and Willian should start instead of Paulinho and Hulk, but apart from Neymar, Thiago Silva and Oscar, the rest of the squad aren't great, despite the hype some of them get.

Dunno about the worst but despite what PMLF says about Brazil always being dull...this is the dullest Brazilian side I've ever seen, absolutely atrocious viewing.

Paulinho - workhorse donkey

Luis Gustavo - workhorse donkey

Ramires - workhorse donkey

Fred - anonymous (so far)

At least Brazil get the workhorse version of Paulinho :(

Yes, it applies to Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi et al too. Ideally Fernandinho and Willian should start instead of Paulinho and Hulk, but apart from Neymar, Thiago Silva and Oscar, the rest of the squad aren't great, despite the hype some of them get.

Very interesting. What about Jo being the only striker on the bench to use? Where has the depth of this side gone? Shocking.

Very interesting. What about Jo being the only striker on the bench to use? Where has the depth of this side gone? Shocking.

The other options are no better, but I would have liked to see Alan Kardec (was doing great for Palmeiras) instead of Jô and Walter instead of Fred.

He hasn't been great for Brazil in this World Cup though.

Anonymous mostly. I would play Fernandinho instead of Paulinho definitely. I don't understand how Hulk started over Willian who is better defensively and is probably better offensively also

The other options are no better, but I would have liked to see Alan Kardec (was doing great for Palmeiras) instead of Jô and Walter instead of Fred.

Fred is now invisible for 180+ minutes. Why not Hulk up top with Willian where Hulk was? How is Willian not starting?

Walter. :D Not sure how he's doing now but when he played for Porto he had a belly like if he ate 3 cheeseburgers for breakfast every day. I know I've said this the other day already, but it's amazing how every single one of your forwards was a massive dud in Europe.

How did Leandro Damião fall so far off the ranking of choices, he had a big reputation a couple of years ago?

Fred is now invisible for 180+ minutes. Why not Hulk up top with Willian where Hulk was? How is Willian not starting?

Hulk upfront is a terrible idea, never worked for Porto when we gave it a go one season. He's one of the worst headers of the ball I've ever seen.

Anonymous mostly. I would play Fernandinho instead of Paulinho definitely. I don't understand how Hulk started over Willian who is better defensively and is probably better offensively also

Scolari likes his (Hulk) physical strength and for some reason his defensive work too.

I don't know why Willian never starts, Scolari seems to see him as a sort of secret weapon, not as a starter.

And Scolari doesn't like to play without a typical striker.

Walter. :D Not sure how he's doing now but when he played for Porto he had a belly like if he ate 3 cheeseburgers for breakfast every day. I know I've said this the other day already, but it's amazing how every single one of your forwards was a massive dud in Europe.

Walter is brilliant nowadays although still a bit overweight, his finishing and sense of positioning is very good.

How did Leandro Damião fall so far off the ranking of choices, he had a big reputation a couple of years ago?

Very average nowadays, pretty predictable player.

Hulk upfront is a terrible idea, never worked for Porto when we gave it a go one season. He's one of the worst headers of the ball I've ever seen.

Should've called up Coutinho also, someone with a bit of guile and craft.

I think the main issue was that he was never even given any chance.

Should have plenty of chances after the World Cup though.

Should've called up Coutinho also, someone with a bit of guile and craft.

He would have been miles better than Ramires any way

Was Fernandinho called up? Silly if he wasn't, silly Diego Alves isn't there either.

Is it because they're both pretty much unknown to the Brazilian public? I'm sure I've read a reason like that for why they've made some strange squad choices.

Was Fernandinho called up? Silly if he wasn't, silly Diego Alves isn't there either.

Is it because they're both pretty much unknown to the Brazilian public? I'm sure I've read a reason like that for why they've made some strange squad choices.

Yep but not yet used

Fernandinho had only a couple of chances before moving to Man City but got called up after moving there and since then has been in the squad. It's a shame he hasn't played yet.

Roberto Carlos told Spanish press that he would have called up Robinho, Ronaldinho and Kaká... :D

None of them really deserved a place and Scolari did the right thing leaving them out.

Archived