Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.3.1 Update FEEDBACK THREAD

I told you there wouldn't be another patch! (Actually I didn't, but I certainly thought it).

To update or not to update I wonder? To update I think.

There's pretty much nothing in it, at least in terms of things that might cause changes in an ongoing save. A couple of crash fixes, which are always good to have, and one change to player interest AI. I don't see why anyone wouldn't update to be honest.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's pretty much nothing in it, at least in terms of things that might cause changes in an ongoing save. A couple of crash fixes, which are always good to have, and one change to player interest AI. I don't see why anyone wouldn't update to be honest.

I know, but if I lose this save I would have to kill someone. :lol:

[Edit]

ps. I saw Miles tweet earlier about the abuse he gets. Now I like twitter, (the abuse thing seems to pass me by), but of all the people in the World, who on Earth wants to abuse Miles? I mean Miles! Really? :confused:

My tactic is poo and my team is losing. I know, I'll just tweet that ******* Miles and give him a piece of my mind. Who does he think he is creating this game that I'm rubbish at!

Very disappointed with this patch , several severe bugs were ignored and not fixed, its not acceptable that they leave this bugs to be fixed in next FM because they have a monopoly in the manager games

Game is broken in several ways and needs to be addressed not ignored

examples:

Sweden and Finland lower leagues not signing free players

Players ignoring the fact that promises were keep and complains before the deadline ( in case you promised to win the league )

Media asking about missing a player who are out on loan or co-owned players active at the other club. ( not broken but its been there for several versions now )

I know, but if I lose this save I would have to kill someone. :lol:

[Edit]

ps. I saw Miles tweet earlier about the abuse he gets. Now I like twitter, (the abuse thing seems to pass me by), but of all the people in the World, who on Earth wants to abuse Miles? I mean Miles! Really? :confused:

My tactic is poo and my team is losing. I know, I'll just tweet that ******* Miles and give him a piece of my mind. Who does he think he is creating this game that I'm rubbish at!

The most public face I suppose. Mods get it bad too, at least Miles is actually employed by SI. But yeah, it's pretty ridiculous that anyone is getting abuse for a product that they themselves have made the personal choice to buy.

• SI Staff
Very disappointed with this patch , several severe bugs were ignored and not fixed, its not acceptable that they leave this bugs to be fixed next version because they have a monopoly in the manager games

Game is broken in several ways and needs to be addressed not ignored

examples:

Sweden and Finland lower leagues not signing free players

Players ignoring the fact that promises were keep and complains before the deadline ( in case you promised to win the league )

Media asking about missing a player who are out on loan or co-owned players active at the other club. ( not broken but its been there for several versions now )

A change to the Sweden and Finnish lower league issue has been included. We don't include every change in the changelist.

I´m about to start a new save and I now realize that the squad numbers in the U21/reserve teams are not correct. Some players are given a different number from the one they have in the editor and some players end up with a squad number even though they don´t have one. I notice this when I´m about to select a team.

Am I alone on this? Can anyone please try to start a new save, only choose England, Premier League and Championship and compare the numbers in teams like Derby, Burnley, Charlton. You can also see the same result in Inter.

I´m about to start a new save and I now realize that the squad numbers in the U21/reserve teams are not correct. Some players are given a different number from the one they have in the editor and some players end up with a squad number even though they don´t have one. I notice this when I´m about to select a team.

Am I alone on this? Can anyone please try to start a new save, only choose England, Premier League and Championship and compare the numbers in teams like Derby, Burnley, Charlton. You can also see the same result in Inter.

Can you please post this in the bugs forum? Upload your save game into the FTP as well

STABILITY

- Fixed rare crash when adding player to transfer target/development list

Thank you Sigames! I wouldn't say it was rare though everytime I grouped a load of players and right click / added to development list it crashed lol

Credit where it is due.

I was annoyed that there wouldn't be another patch. But SI has done a surprise and even though a pet peeve of mine (the blasted commentary) has not been fixed, I appreciate that the transfer thing is fixed.

Here's hoping for a commentary fix. :D

Can you please post this in the bugs forum? Upload your save game into the FTP as well

I´ve already done that. Still waiting for a reply though. Just wanted to know if anyone else have the same issue. Can´t start a new save untill I got this solved :(

Which aspect of the commentary? (I'm not saying there is nothing wrong with it)

I'm actually pointing to the reduced commentary.

An Example:

Player scores!! (Flashing text)

Add one or two more lines.

FM 14 stops along with that.

Now.......FM 12:

Player Scores!!!!

Player rushes to the fans!!

The fans rush to the stands to congratulate him!!

The stewards struggle to hold them back!!

In FM 14 there are a lot of times where I see a single sentence comes and almost like "okay let's move on" just stops with that.

It destroys the immersion.

EDIT: I have seen a lot of times where FM 14 shows only one single line.

I have an issue with tactics

I play 4 2 3 1 and my one up front is a fast striker because of my build up play passing into space isn't logical because the midfield is usually packed and i play short passes and retain possession however I would like to pass into space when i'm playing the ball to my striker

I don't see it much during the ME and I think its a bit silly that if I want to play through balls into my fast strikers the whole team has to be playing passes into space

Why is there not a way to just pass into space for certain players able to get the ball???

has there been an M.E update that Miles and his goons didn't tell us about? loaded in a network game..and its totally different...although ive just ordered ps Vita..cant wait to play that now...I can play it in my car at home and on the boat! its super.

im telling you its changed...its ALWAYS different online..don't give me all this it doesn't..IM TELLING you after 3 years playing online its DIFFERENT every patch you do..maybe if your TESTING team tested it properly I would have to come on this forum for someone to tell me "its your tactics"

Milan also has some wrong numbers ...

for example Kaka' has the number 12 instead of 22, Essien isn't the n° 15 , Honda has the number 19 and not the n°10, and other cases like this. but in the beginning of the season can be easily changed.

im telling you its changed...its ALWAYS different online..don't give me all this it doesn't..IM TELLING you after 3 years playing online its DIFFERENT every patch you do..maybe if your TESTING team tested it properly I would have to come on this forum for someone to tell me "its your tactics"

SI are in a pretty good position to tell you whether there were changes to the ME or not, since they make the game. There are no changes to the ME included in the 14.3.1 update. There's no arguing against it, because it is a fact.

Also, remember the house rules and guidelines. If you cannot be civil, your posts will be deleted.

yes and none of you ever listen to the real players...im telling you now..the M.E has changed..or something has been tweeked...the Onine Network play does NOT play the same as single. But then again im not a moderator of words...so maybe im not best position to comment.

yes and none of you ever listen to the real players...im telling you now..the M.E has changed..or something has been tweeked...the Onine Network play does NOT play the same as single. But then again im not a moderator of words...so maybe im not best position to comment.

I will agree that single doesn't play the same as online. No point arguing, it factually doesn't. After a number of seasons tactics become warped, don't work the same as in early single player and add in the oddity of humans and the game becomes completely different. There may not have been changes in the last update (mores the pity, tbh, with several fixes needed & agreed by SI), but often the online version feels like it gets forgotten.

When an SI representative tells you nothing has changed, then nothing has. Unless you think they are deliberately lying to you (and all of us for some reason). And as HUNT3R said, take it down a notch, please.

Go on then, tell us exactly what has changed.

if you have never played online in a network game with humans Dave...you have no idea so theres no point in explaining...as you will just reply with "its your tactics" which doesn't help. If you want to see for yourself come play with us for an evening and bring your single player tactics with your. cheers.

come and spend an evening with us then alex..we will all show you theres massive differences online..how can the tactics I just won 10 in a row with before the patch suddenly not work at all.

The changelist seems very short and no reference at all has been made regarding the ME yet I like others have noticed a definite change in fluidity,improved passing and movement. Are we just imagining this or have improvements been made that SI are not telling us about ??

if you have never played online in a network game with humans Dave...you have no idea so theres no point in explaining...as you will just reply with "its your tactics" which doesn't help. If you want to see for yourself come play with us for an evening and bring your single player tactics with your. cheers.

I don't care about your tactics or whether you're winning or not, my question was around what has specifically changed ME wise since this update. Your reluctance to give a straight answer indicates you have no real clue yourself, and are simply trolling like the majority of online players who post on here.

Who can forget the simply invincible SKELETOR for example?

Dave & Ray - stop arguing like a pair of teenage girls over a dress

Ray - if you have tactical issues, come to the tactics forum and we can help you fix them. Winning runs come to an end at somepoint - often replaced by poor form for a while. It is normal.

Until very I was part of an online clan going back 7 years, I can assure that other than the influence of additional human managers with all their more complex thought processes there is no difference between playing single player or multi-player games. I can also assure you that there were absolutely no change to the match engine for 14.3.1, you can tell this by the version number which remains unchanged at 1454.

Can we expect another (ME) or is that based on time avaiable and resources now moving to FM15?

Don't know if it's been mentioned but with this update, two players I have out on loan are apparently playing out of position because the agreed position is Goalkeeper.. It isn't, and it never was. Both players are wingers, and I rarely specify a position with loans because when someone can play more than one position it bugs me. If I had specified a position, it would've been one of the positions the players actually play.

yeah i am talking about that bug . this is not acceptable, they ignored it and we have to wait for another game for it to be fixed

your a costumer the game has a flaw big has this, its not acceptable that have to wait and spend another 50 euros to play a game witch has the bug fixed .

if it was a small bug didn't affect a lot, i would not be this pissed at their attitude how this was not considered a serious issue and not patched

Indeed, apologies for that, whooshed straight by me.

Still though, it's not a game-breaking bug, so it won't be fixed until FM15.

wut? several of your best players want to exit the team despite you keeping your promises , club rep wont go any higher , league rep wont go up because IA on league i am in sucks and does not do anything good on European competitions

-Constant moral drops and performance drops , because of a promises you actually kept .

-lower leagues is even worse because you don't have the money to try to talk then out with bigger contracts

-having to sell players because of a bug you cannot do anything about it

how is this not a serious issue?

wut? several of your best players want to exit the team despite you keeping your promises , club rep wont go any higher , league rep wont go up because IA on league i am in sucks and does not do anything good on European competitions

-Constant moral drops and performance drops , because of a promises you actually kept .

-lower leagues is even worse because you don't have the money to try to talk then out with bigger contracts

-having to sell players because of a bug you cannot do anything about it

how is this not a serious issue?

Because you can still play the game despite it. SI said that the only things they would really concentrate on fixing are those that are absolutely critical.

Personally, I don't make any promises to players, and don't see any problems because of this. Hence, not particularly serious for me (even if it is for others) and absolutely not critical or game-breaking. So...FM15.

Because you can still play the game despite it. SI said that the only things they would really concentrate on fixing are those that are absolutely critical.

Personally, I don't make any promises to players, and don't see any problems because of this. Hence, not particularly serious for me (even if it is for others) and absolutely not critical or game-breaking. So...FM15.

people like you are the reason SI acts like this , they know they can getway with things because costumers will keep buying it

Hence, not particularly serious for me (even if it is for others)

of course how could i miss the classic doesn't affect me don't care

It's unbelievable that even after the latest patch the issue of players released and not getting any offer and retire at young age/peak is still present. When are you going to fix this gamebreaking issue?
I hate this happening as much as anyone, but whilst it is an issue, it probably isn't even a bug and categorically is not game-breaking. Its no worse just pants, and even then only for a handful of thousands of players that retire. For most of them its right they retire

I hate this happening as much as anyone, but whilst it is an issue, it probably isn't even a bug and categorically is not game-breaking. Its no worse just pants, and even then only for a handful of thousands of players that retire. For most of them its right they retire

Not a bug???

Do you find it realistic that ton of players (both young and in their peak) aren't signed up by any club and retire? NO IT'S NOT REALISTIC AT ALL. I play in the italian League, and here teams of lower divisions (serie b and below) hardly sign any free player, when in any precedent fm game they builted their squad that way most of the time (due to low financial capabilities). They HAVE to fix this, i don't accept to have spent so much money on a bugged game.

It's unbelievable that even after the latest patch the issue of players released and not getting any offer and retire at young age/peak is still present. When are you going to fix this gamebreaking issue?

Gamebreaking? Really?

Hasn't broken it for me. Can't say I have even noticed it.

play on lower leagues then we talk , but again general attitude here its that it doesn't affect me don't care

You mean if I was managing San Marino club for example?

Or if I was managing San Marino Nation whereby all the Sammarinese players would retire?

Yeah, like I said, not noticing it at all.

[Edit]

Let's look at players I have released and see how many of them are still in the game. My game will be a perfect example of this because I start lower down and the reputation and facilities at San Marino is poor so I should be producing pretty poor players, (I certainly was to start off with).

2013/14. 0 players released.

2014/15. 4 players released. 2 retired. 2 still in the game.

2015/16. 16 players released. 13 retired. 3 still in the game.

2016/17. 7 players released. 4 players retired. 3 still in the game.

2017/18. 15 players released. 11 players retired. 4 players still in the game.

2018/19. 10 players released. 8 players retired. 2 players still in the game.

2019/20. 6 players released. 1 player retired. 5 players still in the game.

2020/21. 3 players released. 1 player retired. 2 players still in the game.

2021/22. 4 players released. 1 player retired. 3 players still in the game.

2022/23. 7 players released. 1 player retired. 6 players still in the game.

2023/24. 6 players released. 5 players retired. 1 player still in the game.

2024/25. 20 players released. 17 players retired. 3 players still in the game.

2025/26. 3 players released. 1 player still in the game.

2026/27. 8 players released. 3 players retired. 5 players still in the game.

With respect, the only issue with these stats is that not enough players are retiring.

Do you have any idea of how few players make it as any sort of professional footballer after being offered youth contracts? It's tiny! Miniscule!

If it's not gamebreaking for you, good for you. For me it is. It take away all the realism from the game.

Realism? :confused:

Would you mind telling me what sort of % of youth players at professional clubs in England go on to make it as professional footballers at any level?

Just do the maths? There are only a certain number of positions available at professional clubs. Each season, each professional team will have a whole squad of youth players maturing and looking for pro terms. At the other end of the scale you will have players retiring or dropping down to non-league. How are all these young playees going to be offered pro terms? That's right. They're not.

[Edit]

Just digging for some stats to back this up.

90% of players at Premiership academies will not make it as Pro footballers. (dated 2009)

1% of all players offered youth contracts at English Pro clubs will ever sign pro terms. (from PFA dated July 2013).

What do you think happens to these players that don't make it?

According to Liverpool coach Mike Yates, 98 per cent of players who are taken in by the English academy system fall through it by the time they are 18.

Archived