Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.3.1 Update FEEDBACK THREAD

Also, I would like to see an option (instruction) to suggest (or order) AMR and AML not to behave like forwards, but to track back opposition players. AMC line doesn't mean they are classic forwards, they should still play defence if instructed. Guardiola and Mourinho are examples.

The player position used is your defensive setup, you need to change your mindset.

If you want your players to defend deeper place them at ML/MR rather than AML/AMR.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Defensive winger?

Can't cut inside.

The player position used is your defensive setup, you need to change your mindset.

If you want your players to defend deeper place them at ML/MR rather than AML/AMR.

I am aware of that, but roles are too different. WM is not the same in attack as IF, it may be tweaked to look alike, but not the same.

I am aware of that, but roles are too different. WM is not the same in attack as IF, it may be tweaked to look alike, but not the same.

Whilst not perfect its a choice you need to make as a manager.

Its a trade-off, if you want that extra defensive stability you have you have to give up a little attack wise. On the flipside if you want that extra attacking edge that placing at AML/AMR gives then you have to give up something defensively.

This is no different to what teams in real life do tbh.

I don't quite agree, since many AMRL players don't even have accomplished MRL. It is not a choice I have to make, it is lack of options in tactic creator.

Maybe because they're not the players you need? The players that don't have MRL as a position probably aren't suited to play in said position, as they're the more attacking wingers that you don't want.

I don't quite agree, since many AMRL players don't even have accomplished MRL. It is not a choice I have to make, it is lack of options in tactic creator.

Whats stopping you training them?

Irrelevant of whether they have any knowledge of that position there is still nothing stopping you placing them there, if they have the right attributes for the role they'll play fairly well.

TBH the way I see the AML/AMR positions players come in two shapes:

A) ST/AML/AMR - which is basically a forward type whose attacking abilities are better than their defensive ones.

or

B) ML/AML or MR/AMR - These are more your rounded midfield types

You need to sign the players that suit the role you want them to play, if you sign type A, play them at AML/AMR then you can't expect them to track back and do the defensive work as well as type B.

The bottom line is you are expecting too much from the players, they can't do two jobs.

Eto'o tracked back, and nobody can persuade me he is MRL/AMRL rather than ST/AMRL. That's what I'm talking about, it may not be as common, but it does happen. And can't be replicated.

They do track back but due to position/instructions/attributes not as quickly/regularly as players placed at ML/MR in a different role or with more defensive minded attributes.

God damn it, I am asking for an instruction that you don't have to use if you don't want, it would definitely improve game impression for many players if not yourself. It wouldn't hurt having extra instruction, since you are not obligated to use it.

God damn it, I am asking for an instruction that you don't have to use if you don't want, it would definitely improve game impression for many players if not yourself. It wouldn't hurt having extra instruction, since you are not obligated to use it.

As long as you don't take credit for Defensive Inside Forward. I came up with that creative name all by myself.

Hi.

I have some problems after latest patch.

My game is running very very slow now. When I click on the player it takes like 5 seconds to open his profile (just an example). The same problem is in match itself, it is very slow and lagging a lot.

Before the latest patch the game was running very smooth. Does anyone have any solution. Even deleting the latest patch would be good for me, if it's possible?

Sorry for my english...it's not perfect. :)

Someone else had a very similar problem.

Please create a thread here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/360-Crashes-Game-Launch-and-Technical-Issues

Mention your problem and that you're using a laptop.

Also, try doing this:

Try deleting your preferences - http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=38&id=218

Then delete your cache - http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=38&id=217

Once that's done, reverify your cache and try the game again - http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=38&id=221

Please report back in that thread whether any of the steps worked.

STABILITY

- Fixed rare crash when adding player to transfer target/development list

- Fixed rare crash on continue

- Fixed examples of pre-14.3.0 saves failing due to French discipline rule change

[...]

TRANSFERS

- Fixed rare cases of future transfer join dates reverting to year 1900

- Improved player interest AI after declaring interest

Do these changes require me to start a new save?

Thanks in advance.

Getting a bit frustrated with the updates. Every time I find a nice tactic, get the team working well, there's an update and it all falls apart :(

I even switched auto-updates off via Steam, and I still got the 14.3.1 - which once again led to a previously well-performing team losing 2-0 at home to a bottom of the table club in the first game. I don't even know if there were ME changes in this update, but the effects were the same.

Willing suspension is creaking ;-(

It seems to be impossible to sell any player at the beginning, literally offering people out for 0 as a test, no one interested in my whole team

Did you have first window transfer budgets disabled? If so, it is very unlikely to sell any player as the loyalty fee/agent fee comes out of the budget which is 0.

If you didn't have that option selected, that would be a surprise. I have started a new game today and have sold 4 players for their value or more, 1 for half their value and 1 for free (plus clauses).

Just conceded the worst goal I've ever seen in any version of FM, more or less.

My GK has PI 'Distribute to defenders', but for Lloris to try and find Walker (#2) with a pass when Suarez is, well I don't know, maybe one or two meters just in front of him, is so ******** it's beyond belief. Okay if Suarez had snucked up on Lloris from behind, but he was in front of him the whole time. Has Lloris no eyes in his face or no brain in his skull?

What's even worse, for some reason poor Kaboul (#25) got the blame for the goal? What?!

E15H76L.jpg

EDIT: I never play in 3D, but I enabled it just to replay this goal, and it's even greater!

"Want the ball son? Well, here you go, amusez-vous bien!"

ZE1vBYk.jpg

If he made a string of saves then he would still deserve to...

No pundit in their right mind would give him a rating of 7+ no matter how many saves he made after colluding with the oppositions striker for the opposition to score.

I'm absolutely disgusted with this game, seriously, what is the point of playing when the game can simply CHEAT to get the end result it wants?

Playing as Stoke in my 4th season and i'm way out in front in the league(11 points at one stage) we are practically unplayable home and away.

I was 18 league games unbeaten and had City at Home, Liverpool Away and Away to Norwich in our last game.

City were struggling as well as tired when we faced them, having played and lost in Europe a couple of days before.

Here are the stats from that game...

4to5s5.jpg

We missed some ridiculous chances and their winner was described as a "fluke" although it was really a gk error, as he completely ignored a looped ball that would have been a simple catch as he was only a yard away from it.

The Liverpool game i'd expected to be tough, but again we made some gilt edged chances and Liverpool as you can see in the screenshot didn't manage a single shot on target.

975r7o.jpg

Our last game of the season was against a really struggling Norwich side who were 17th in the table but safe from relegation so with nothing to play for. At half time we deservedly lead 1-0 and as i'm nervous I have it on key highlights only, there were only two in the whole of the 2nd half and both were Norwich's goals as they somehow turned it around for their first win in NINE games.

30xeliu.jpg

The equaliser was another keeper blooper and when I checked his stats it was his ONLY mistake of the league season that ended in a goal.

We ended up losing on goal difference to a Chelsea team who somehow managed 12 wins and 1 draw in their last 13 games, even though they were clearly 2nd best in at least 4 of those games.

I know that people are going to swear that the game CANNOT or DOES NOT cheat, but after what I've just had to sit through after a long arduous season, i'm going to say that it certainly does and it just has.

I feel physically sick

Look FWT, you can disagree all you want. There are a lot of users on here with years of experience with the game. There are some Beta Testers on here as well who have a lot of knowledge about the ME and game itself. Then there are people like wwfan who helped design the tactics creator and had input into how the AI uses it. We also have SI telling us that the ME cannot distinguish between human and AI. They are not all wrong.

The AI has the tactical tools available to it as we have. We have the advantage of being more creative.

Remember that toward the end of the season there will be more pressure on the players. It is possible that the pressure got the better of your players.

Look FWT, you can disagree all you want. There are a lot of users on here with years of experience with the game. There are some Beta Testers on here as well who have a lot of knowledge about the ME and game itself. Then there are people like wwfan who helped design the tactics creator and had input into how the AI uses it. We also have SI telling us that the ME cannot distinguish between human and AI. They are not all wrong.

The AI has the tactical tools available to it as we have. We have the advantage of being more creative.

Remember that toward the end of the season there will be more pressure on the players. It is possible that the pressure got the better of your players.

And now my posts are disappearing, what is that about?

That only convinces me further that something is definitely off here, you do realise that yes?

And now my posts are disappearing, what is that about?

That only convinces me further that something is definitely off here, you do realise that yes?

They were deleted by me. I asked you to remain constructive - you didn't. Kindly do so please.

Will there be any more patches? last time i asked this question i was shouted down for asking something ridiculously extraordinary and low and behold a new patch was released.

The new mini update had no match engine changes. No new patches are coming.

They were deleted by me. I asked you to remain constructive - you didn't. Kindly do so please.

Is it even possible to remain constructive based on the issue at hand?

All I can really say is that i'm convinced the game has the ability to fiddle with results and as such is cheating, some will agree some wont, it may not be constructive, but its an opinion based on what I see happening in the game, right or wrong none of us have a definitive answer, but your logic is flawed because you are simply basing your belief on what SI have said about it and as I said SI will obviously deny it.

Did this sentence slip past you?

Is it even possible to remain constructive based on the issue at hand?

All I can really say is that i'm convinced the game has the ability to fiddle with results and as such is cheating, some will agree some wont, it may not be constructive, but its an opinion based on what I see happening in the game, right or wrong none of us have a definitive answer, but your logic is flawed because you are simply basing your belief on what SI have said about it and as I said SI will obviously deny it.

Thats because you're basicially accusing SI of lying. SI have given a definitive answer. You just choose to ignore it. That's on you, and that's your choice. but then don't expect them or anyone else to give credence to your posts.

I love that the game allows Stoke to be clear top, but a poor end of the season is proof positive it is cheating against you. Finishing second as Stoke is hardly proof of anything, except perhaps the game is too easy for humans (even in season 4).

Did this sentence slip past you?

No absolutely not, I have put together a team of players with very few weaknesses and there was absolutely no indication of it being a bottle job(no nervousness OR over confidence even) just some very questionable goings on on the pitch.

The season before I finished 3rd after looking like title favourites, but a flurry of injuries late in the season(notably to ALL my wingers) had me playing out the last few games of the season with fullbacks in the winger roles. To be honest I felt cheated in this instance also(as players were being poleaxed by the opposition) but had to admit and accept it as an injury crisis.

Thats because you're basicially accusing SI of lying. SI have given a definitive answer. You just choose to ignore it. That's on you, and that's your choice. but then don't expect them or anyone else to give credence to your posts.

I'm not ignoring it, its simply a difference of opinion, but mine is made of what I've seen with my own eyes whilst yours is based on hearsay.

Not trying to be arsey or anything, but that is in fact the case in this instance is it not?

I love that the game allows Stoke to be clear top, but a poor end of the season is proof positive it is cheating against you. Finishing second as Stoke is hardly proof of anything, except perhaps the game is too easy for humans (even in season 4).

Yes, I think this may well be the crux of the problem, it is far too easy to over achieve and as such the ME must find a way to stay competitive, it makes complete sense, but is little help to the human player putting in hours of graft when it can all be taken away so cheaply.

I trust that this will put an end to this debate.

The game doesn't cheat, there is no rubber-banding or pre-programmed code to make things more interesting & the only managers capable of setting out to make use of exploits in the game are human managers.

Ok, I think what you are saying is that i'm not allowed to mention it anymore isn't it? strange decision as it tends to incriminate you by taking such a stance does it not?

Ok, I think what you are saying is that i'm not allowed to mention it anymore isn't it? strange decision as it tends to incriminate you by taking such a stance does it not?

See this what I mean. You get an answer and ignore it. We're done on this topic now because you are quite clearly not intent on listening to anyone.

Stop seeing everything as one massive conspiracy! You just had an SI employee give you an answer about the game.

Seriously, do you really think it makes good business sense to alienate customers by programming the AI to out-perform them? This is one case. Yours. I won promotion this season after the team in 2nd place lost form toward the end of the season as well. Was that you??

See this what I mean. You get an answer and ignore it. We're done on this topic now because you are quite clearly not intent on listening to anyone.

I didn't ignore it, it was basically written as an instruction to stop mentioning it, which clearly incriminates the poster, more so because he's an SI employee, surely you see that?

Stop seeing everything as one massive conspiracy! You just had an SI employee give you an answer about the game.

Seriously, do you really think it makes good business sense to alienate customers by programming the AI to out-perform them? This is one case. Yours. I won promotion this season after the team in 2nd place lost form toward the end of the season as well. Was that you??

Of course it wouldn't make good business sense, but if all they need to do is deny it and stop people even mentioning it, the issue is very easily brushed under the carpet.

I didn't ignore it, it was basically written as an instruction to stop mentioning it, which clearly incriminates the poster, more so because he's an SI employee, surely you see that?

No. He clarified that there is nothing in the game to rob you at all and the game doesn't cheat. The fact it is only you seeing it is what you should take note of.

This topic is comprehensively covered. Drop it. Yes you are now being told to.

No. He clarified that there is nothing in the game to rob you at all and the game doesn't cheat. The fact it is only you seeing it is what you should take note of.

This topic is comprehensively covered. Drop it. Yes you are now being told to.

Ok fair enough, but it just makes what is going on here all the more dubious.

You seem to regularly have a problem toward the end of the season. Your players could just be burnt out by then? Not a good enough pre-season? Over-playing them during the season? Combine that with the increased pressure and it is perfectly possible.

You'll get further here and on the game if you do and try to do something about it or seek advice as to what you're doing wrong.

You seem to regularly have a problem toward the end of the season. Your players could just be burnt out by then? Not a good enough pre-season? Over-playing them during the season? Combine that with the increased pressure and it is perfectly possible.

You'll get further here and on the game if you do and try to do something about it or seek advice as to what you're doing wrong.

I won the FA Cup, League Cup and missed out on the league because the game didn't want me to win, playing as Stoke I finished 6th, 3rd, 3rd and 2nd over 4 seasons also winning the Euro Cup, doesn't seem like much wrong at my end to be honest.

Archived