Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.3.1 Update FEEDBACK THREAD

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
people like you are the reason SI acts like this , they know they can getway with things because costumers will keep buying it

of course how could i miss the classic doesn't affect me don't care

play on lower leagues then we talk , but again general attitude here its that it doesn't affect me don't care

Deary me...you're having a nightmare here.

I know, my opinion must absolutely not matter because I'm playing in the glittering ivory tower that is the Gibraltan Premier League. "The reason SI acts like this"...like what? Like a bog standard developer working on their next product? Call Ofcom, someone's going to get a boot in the hawmaws! As I said before, which clearly you're just ignoring, is that SI have said they will be happy to fix anything critical in the FM14 life-cycle, otherwise it gets pushed into the pot for the next game. Which is absolutely the correct attitude and business practice to have.

Your bug is not game-breaking. It is not critical. It is not even massively affecting everyone. People have mentioned workarounds for it. Why don't you get that? It's not going to get fixed, and stamping your feet and declaring everyone who disagrees with you to be part of the problem isn't going to help.

Realism? :confused:

Would you mind telling me what sort of % of youth players at professional clubs in England go on to make it as professional footballers at any level?

Just do the maths? There are only a certain number of positions available at professional clubs. Each season, each professional team will have a whole squad of youth players maturing and looking for pro terms. At the other end of the scale you will have players retiring or dropping down to non-league. How are all these young playees going to be offered pro terms? That's right. They're not.

[Edit]

Just digging for some stats to back this up.

90% of players at Premiership academies will not make it as Pro footballers. (dated 2009)

1% of all players offered youth contracts at English Pro clubs will ever sign pro terms. (from PFA dated July 2013).

What do you think happens to these players that don't make it?

Someones is saying something about them not playing professional footaball? No. The problem is that all of them retire instead of going into lower divisions.

I don't know nor care about english players actually, but in Italy the majority of young players released go into lega pro/serie D or below, they still play football. If it was only an issue regarding not-so-great youngster i wouldn't care that much. But when you release Sergio Romero due to the contract expired and he retired (argentina's national) the very next year, along with a few players (still at their peak age) i released that irl and game-stats-wise would have no issues find clubs in Serie B and below retire then you know something is wrong. And don't even try to negate it.

Part of the problem is that those leagues do not exist in game, in a playable & active sense that is so a vast majority of released youth players have very limited options for their next career move. We cannot keep the players for too long while unattached as the active player pool will increase to a size that is not manageable so those that are not picked up have to go somewhere & that means retirement.

As I've mentioned in your bug forum thread it is an aspect of the game that we are investigating & hope to make improvements for future versions.

Meh in the previous fm that worked without problems. Also if i decide to have a big database is also to have a large number of players avaible. Also it's not only an issue of non-playable leagues. Italian's serie b and lega pro, which are fully playable, have the same issue where the teams don't sign out of contract players. I even created a new league with the serie d playable, yet the same issue arise, no team will contract any released players. I think it's a problem due to way too high demand of players (and that is not only a issue of lower level leagues, i noticed too that a lot of players ask me for ridicolous wadges and key team player when they are hardly decent backup players).

Someones is saying something about them not playing professional footaball? No. The problem is that all of them retire instead of going into lower divisions.

I don't know nor care about english players actually, but in Italy the majority of young players released go into lega pro/serie D or below, they still play football. If it was only an issue regarding not-so-great youngster i wouldn't care that much. But when you release Sergio Romero due to the contract expired and he retired (argentina's national) the very next year, along with a few players (still at their peak age) i released that irl and game-stats-wise would have no issues find clubs in Serie B and above retire then you know something is wrong. And don't even try to negate it.

So let me get this right.....

You are complaining that players are not being signed by clubs that are not even playable?

I mentioned the Premiership because I am English. As it happens I am actually managing San Marino in the Italian structure, (they start of in Serie C). SI seem to have commented that it's happening too often with players who are good enough to continue playing, (especially GK's). I honestly haven't experienced this, (although I did notice strange goings on at FC Bayern. I'm still not understanding at all how this is game breaking. If you can't sign one of these players, then move on and sign someone else. All teams are in the same boat. Why is this particular player an issue.

Have you ever heard of any of the following players in real life?

Eric Cantona. (retired aged 30).

George Best. (retired aged 28).

Carlos Roa. (retired aged 29).

Nakata. (aged 29).

Curtis Woodhouse. (aged 26).

Rory Allen. (aged 25).

Espen Baardsen. (aged 25).

Shane Supple. (aged 22).

None of these players retired because of injury. There are a few different reasons but the crux of it is that they just didn't want to do it anymore.

Also it's not only an issue of non-playable leagues. Italian's serie b and lega pro, which are fully playable, have the same issue where the teams don't sign out of contract players.

Had never noticed that before. While it is a bug, I still don't understand what makes it game-breaking. There are no problems with them signing players on a free before they are released.

I wonder if this is limited to the FFP regulations?

Contrary to what Alex suggests, in my opinion it definitely isn't limited to non-playable league, all 4 levels of the Scottish structure suffer, in the sense that it happens to an extent which is slightly higher than realistic. It definitely isn't game-breaking though.

You are correct. I have just checked my game and as DMaster2 suggests Serie B clubs never ever sign free agents.

Serie C clubs do however. Very strange.

[Edit]

If Alex things it is non-playable leagues only, has it been reported properly? I'm guessing it would be a higher priority with playable leagues.

So let me get this right.....

You are complaining that players are not being signed by clubs that are not even playable?

I mentioned the Premiership because I am English. As it happens I am actually managing San Marino in the Italian structure, (they start of in Serie C). SI seem to have commented that it's happening too often with players who are good enough to continue playing, (especially GK's). I honestly haven't experienced this, (although I did notice strange goings on at FC Bayern. I'm still not understanding at all how this is game breaking. If you can't sign one of these players, then move on and sign someone else. All teams are in the same boat. Why is this particular player an issue.

Have you ever heard of any of the following players in real life?

Eric Cantona. (retired aged 30).

George Best. (retired aged 28).

Carlos Roa. (retired aged 29).

Nakata. (aged 29).

Curtis Woodhouse. (aged 26).

Rory Allen. (aged 25).

Espen Baardsen. (aged 25).

Shane Supple. (aged 22).

None of these players retired because of injury. There are a few different reasons but the crux of it is that they just didn't want to do it anymore.

Like half of the players you mentioned i don't even heard of them once. Those are exceptions. You put like 10+ years of football history to find those. I can show you more players after a couple of year of fm 2014, only counting one nation. So stop playing the devil's advocate. There is a bug, plain and simple.

And yeah i complain because non-active league don't sign any players for free. They did last FM. The did in the one before last year. Etc... But no, that is not all of the issue. The issue is that even active clubs DON'T sign any players for free. How realistic is that. Try to load the italian League up to the lowest division, and go on a vacation for 2-3 years. You'll find ton of players retired, because teams on lower divisions won't sign one to save their mother. Just tell me how realistic is that.

Like half of the players you mentioned i don't even heard of them once. Those are exceptions. You put like 10+ years of football history to find those. I can show you more players after a couple of year of fm 2014, only counting one nation. So stop playing the devil's advocate. There is a bug, plain and simple.

And yeah i complain because non-active league don't sign any players for free. They did last FM. The did in the one before last year. Etc... But no, that is not all of the issue. The issue is that even active clubs DON'T sign any players for free. How realistic is that. Try to load the italian League up to the lowest division, and go on a vacation for 2-3 years. You'll find ton of players retired, because teams on lower divisions won't sign one to save their mother. Just tell me how realistic is that.

Maybe the answer is to just play the game rather than holiday it then?

How does this break your game?

Maybe the answer is to just play the game rather than holiday it then?

How does this break your game?

1) Even if you play it the result is the same. Unless you sign them all yourself, to prevent them from retiring. Which would be very stupid imho

2) It break my game because it take the realism away from the game. It's dreadful when you check the transfer history of mine and other clubs only to find that half of the players (including good/decent players) retired after 1 year.

3) I paid full price so i expect a game that simulate irl. Irl what happen on fm2014 don't happen. Lower League teams survive picking released Young players from big clubs on a free (and from loans ofc). The first don't happen in fm2014 though.

1) Even if you play it the result is the same. Unless you sign them all, to prevent them from retiring. Which would be very stupid imho

2) It beak my game because it take the realism away from the game. It's dreadful when you check the transfer history of mine and other clubs only to find that half of the players (including good/decent players) retired after 1 year.

3) I paid full price so i expect a game that simulate irl. Irl what happen on fm2014 don't happen. Lower League teams survive picking released Young players from big clubs on a free (and from loans ofc). The first don't happen in fm2014 though.

Realism?

DMaster2. How old are you and what do you do for a living? What experience do you have in the World of Professional football, (other than being a Sampdoria supporter)?

You see you only want a certain amount of realism.

Getting back to the issue though, it's ok as long as it's a level playing field and is the same for everyone. It seems to me that it's ALL Serie B clubs this happens to so nobody is at a disadvantage. Look, I can understand that it's not right, but how does it stop you playing the game? How does it make it "game-breaking?" Stop fannying about in the lower leagues and get promoted to Serie A and you will soon forget about all the players not being signed by clubs you have no interest in.

I did say part of the problem, there are a number of factors at work which is why significant changes to this aspect of the game could not be made for this version.

I already tried to edit my wording once (although it doesn't show as edited), to try and make it less like I was telling SI staff how the game works, but I didn't do a good job, sorry

Realism?

DMaster2. How old are you and what do you do for a living? What experience do you have in the World of Professional football, (other than being a Sampdoria supporter)?

Getting back to the issue though, it's ok as long as it's a level playing field and is the same for everyone. It seems to me that it's ALL Serie B clubs this happens to so nobody is at a disadvantage. Look, I can understand that it's not right, but how does it stop you playing the game? How does it make it "game-breaking?" Stop fannying about in the lower leagues and get promoted to Serie A and you will soon forget about all the players not being signed by clubs you have no interest in.

It probably happens in Serie B because of the budget restrictions tbh.

I think it might be linked to finances and the introduction of FFP, but if that was the only issue then I would expect Serie C teams to be affected too, (and they're not). The budget could be an issue, but I think this would work the other way.

In an ideal World we would see lots of AI managed clubs trial players. I would love SI to introduce that. I would even expect it to be included as a manager/DoF trait in the future. Some would use it a lot, Some not at all.

Realism?

I never said i stopped to play the game, only that it's very frustating. And no, i don't have any experience other than being a supporter, but i follow the transfer market (including lower Leagues ones since my local club is in lega pro) and that is why i say that this is very far from reality. I don't know about the english League, maybe in fm2014 your League don't have this issue. But playing in Italy is annoying with that problem.

Btw i'm not in a lower League right now, since my club is the current holder of the serie A title and last year (fm wise) i arrived at the cl semi-finals.

Anyway can we agree that it's an issue and it has to be resolved? Good.

Nah i assure you it's not. I even tried to create a new italian League and see if that resolved the issues (yeah i thought it was a salary cap issue too). Unfortunately even without restrictions the issue is still present. I didn't find out any difference whatsoever. I even doubt it's a financial issue. Even with clubs with stable finance situation there is very scarce free agents market. Imho the problem rely on the ridicolous expectations of players both in wage and reputation.

and they're not)

To be fair Jimbokac, despite the great depth at which you have clearly been playing your San Marino save, I still find it highly possible that the mass retirements have been going on without you noticing. Do you trawl through every team in every league on July 1st looking at their transfers out tab? I do, and this in my Scottish save is how I noticed that a huge amount of players were retiring within 6 months of being released. For Scottish League 1 and 2 players it makes perfect sense they should be retiring, especially the weaker ones. For SP and SC players, some of the weaker ones should retire, some should sign for lower league clubs. However, the majority of the ones retiring should be the weaker ones (as well as one or two Rory Allens or Shane Supples. In game however, it is very often strong players who retire, because they can't agree terms anywhere. E.g. as Ayr in Scottish league 1, I could offer a guy £250 a week and he wanted £325. Could not get him to budge below using all the other contract options and my by-now experienced use of the lock system. By christmas he was gone.

This would be fine if an isolated example but it is too common, although certainly some players do drop their demands signifantly and and do drop down leagues.

For me, the balance is slightly too much towards retirements of higher quality players, when there should be some kind of trickle-down system. The balance is only slightly off though, and I don't at all see how it can be considered game-breaking.

Further, fixing it must be a nightmare, as the lower leagues will surely end up with players of too high a quality without mass retirement

I still find it highly possible that the mass retirements have been going on without you noticing.

Absolutely. Agreed. :thup:

I'm playing in Italy and I hadn't noticed the issue with Serie B despite spending 3 seasons playing in it.

While this is obviously an area that requires improvement, it certainly isn;t a "game-breaking" bug which was what spurred me on to respond initially. It's strange that, (just for example), Serie B is suffering, but Serie C isn't. Cougar2010 might be right and this might be linked to the wage cap operating there, but either way it's frustrating. I agree that it must especially be an issue if, (using Scotland as the example you gave), all levels suffer the same problem.

I did say part of the problem, there are a number of factors at work which is why significant changes to this aspect of the game could not be made for this version.

what about the bug were players ignore that promises were kept. why wasn't it fixed ?

DMaster2. Apologies. My comment was meant to be funny rather than disparaging but I see that's not how it reads. Glad you are progressing well with your game. It would seem that this issue is not "game-breaking" after all.

No probs.

One of the things i love the most about fm is to check how the players i release go on with their career. That Young will be able to go play in a pro club after many years in various serie d or lower clubs (since their contracts are usually annual)? Will that player i jugded not good enough reach serie A with it's new club? Etc...

That is something i can't do in this version, since out of 10 players i (and ai clubs) release on a free, 9 retire after a year.

Do take note that if and when a fix is implemented i'm more than willing to scrap this save and redo everything from scratch, that should show you how game-breaking it is for me. Not enough to stop play, but enough to redo everything if the issue get fixed.

No probs.

One of the things i love the most about fm is to check how the players i release go on with their career. That Young will be able to go play in a pro club after many years in various serie d or lower clubs (since their contracts are usually annual)? Will that player i jugded not good enough reach serie A with it's new club? Etc...

That is something i can't do in this version, since out of 10 players i (and ai clubs) release on a free, 9 retire after a year.

Do take note that if and when a fix is implemented i'm more than willing to scrap this save and redo everything from scratch, that should show you how game-breaking it is for me. Not enough to stop play, but enough to redo everything if the issue get fixed.

I can completely understand that. I am of a similar mind, (although there is absolutely no way I would start again). Because I am managing San Marino, (both teams), I now have 110 players on my books. :lol:

this is hopeless ,info i was give its that it was reproduced , and it was too late to fix it , why it was too late when there were a few days before the patch was released and there was no effort to include the fix on the patch

this is hopeless ,info i was give its that it was reproduced , and it was too late to fix it , why it was too late when there were a few days before the patch was released and there was no effort to include the fix on the patch

Maybe the few days before was not enough time to fix it?

So then there's your answer. :thup:

FM14 overall is a nice game and has made ​​some steps forward compared to previous editions; and after the last big fix is ​​sufficiently playable.

the game must be a simulation, first of all, but not something that provides real results or life situations. or that everything that happens has to be seen with a fact. we need to understand if it's just a matter set wrong or a bug.

maybe, the thing of free/retired players, would have to point out a few months ago on the bugs-forum.

I think it is now too late to act and we need to take this product as it is.

having fun, of course.

There may not have been any ME changes listed. However, I test tactics in single player mode for a network game I play in and there is definitely a change. I went through an entire season unbeaten with my tactic. Then post patch I played with the same tactic and the same season yet I couldn't beat -15th placed teams at home comfortably anymore.

Now I have a theory as to why this is...what if...they have made the tactics that work settings, easier for PS Vista noobs? for instance they make simple 442 shapes and such work better. Maybe the SI tactics are as simple as the 1-20 system they use for the editor? So perhaps when houghs counter tactic before the last patch was working so well, SI had counter set to 20? now with a new basic audience about to play on PS Vista they have 442 and attacking ticked to 20? (the claims on 1-20 don't have to be accurate for the concept to still be applicable)

Just a conspiracy theory but I am now looking at basic shapes and settings in my tactics. xxx all my love (the invincible) Skeletor.

There may not have been any ME changes listed. However, I test tactics in single player mode for a network game I play in and there is definitely a change. I went through an entire season unbeaten with my tactic. Then post patch I played with the same tactic and the same season yet I couldn't beat -15th placed teams at home comfortably anymore.

Now I have a theory as to why this is...what if...they have made the tactics that work settings, easier for PS Vista noobs? for instance they make simple 442 shapes and such work better. Maybe the SI tactics are as simple as the 1-20 system they use for the editor? So perhaps when houghs counter tactic before the last patch was working so well, SI had counter set to 20? now with a new basic audience about to play on PS Vista they have 442 and attacking ticked to 20? (the claims on 1-20 don't have to be accurate for the concept to still be applicable)

Just a conspiracy theory but I am now looking at basic shapes and settings in my tactics. xxx all my love (the invincible) Skeletor.

Oh dear... prepare yourself for a barrage of slap downs because 'they' haven't experienced it. :-)

I think one of the main issues of the game is the rating skills, the threshold 0-20 is way way too low, that's way at higher levels the players looks almost the same on the ptch, you often see unrealistic results and transfers .

That problem is reflecting on the stats too where very hardly you see high scores (let alone the un-patched game, but thats another story), or many goals scored by big teams, big players tends to have a very low scoring rate, just look at Messi or Ronaldo's score rate , very very low if compared to rel life statistics; look also at lower divisions where in just few months you will see all the main players replaced by 16 years old kids, just because there's not enough skill "space" in order to let them grow .

If the rating is 0-20, messi and ronaldo should have at least 30 or 40 in finishing pace and acceleration in order to perform the way they do in reality.

In other words there's not enough space to really differentiate weak, medium, good ,very good, and champion players.

My ideal should be a 0-200 , so big teams would have a real lead to the goods , the goods to mediums and so on, and you obviously won't see your york city winning the champion league in 5 years.

Fairy football game or a real simulation?

Oh dear... prepare yourself for a barrage of slap downs because 'they' haven't experienced it. :-)

More because it has already been stated by SI as not true. There are no ME changes, you can see this by comparing the ME build number - it is identical. Unless you believe you are being deliberately lied to by the only people who can know for sure, you can't get more comprehensive than that.

I agree there aren't ME changes, I said the game has been NOOBIFIED!!! for the PS VISTA crowd. I speculated how...but the concept would alter tactics. Get your head round the conspiracy.

This isn't the conspiracy or speculation thread. ANY changes (and I do mean any small insignificant change) to the ME would have resulted in a different ME build number. SI have said that already as well. Cut it out.

I agree there aren't ME changes, I said the game has been NOOBIFIED!!! for the PS VISTA crowd. I speculated how...but the concept would alter tactics. Get your head round the conspiracy.

I properly love you. :lol:

Are you on twitter Mr SKELETOR? There are days when I could really do with some humour in my life, (intended or not), and I think you are just the person I have been looking for to brighten my dreary day.

I have followed @Real_Skeletor but he's clearly an imposter and not in your league at all. (Plus, he's so stupid he doesn't spell his name in capitals).

This isn't the conspiracy or speculation thread. ANY changes (and I do mean any small insignificant change) to the ME would have resulted in a different ME build number. SI have said that already as well. Cut it out.

so how comes the tactic I had before the last patch stopped working after the last patch then the next tactic I had was working well then another patch and it didn't work then I went back to my original tactic before the 3rd patch and now it works well! are you sure they didn't make it a bit dumber for the ps vista noobs..all 10 of them to play...I am the greatest tactitan ever ive had to adapt to all your fiddling. just call me jimmy.

I didn't fiddle with anything or anyone, jimmy. If you're having tactical problems, then I'll say this for the last time: Take llama3's advice and post in the tactics forum about the problems you have and show the tactic you're using.

Attributes are already rated on a 1-200 scale, the game scales the value down to 1.0 to 20.0 with the decimal value being hidden to provide a little uncertainty as to the absolute ability value.

It's a statistical coincidence, there is a probability of 1 that a user will experience a dip in form because they would have experience that same dip regardless of whether an update was released or not.

yeh I think my statement was a lot clearer alex:-D too many long words in your and overuse of the DIP word :-P

Attributes are already rated on a 1-200 scale, the game scales the value down to 1.0 to 20.0 with the decimal value being hidden to provide a little uncertainty as to the absolute ability value.

It's a statistical coincidence, there is a probability of 1 that a user will experience a dip in form because they would have experience that same dip regardless of whether an update was released or not.

if its rated 1-200 i can't really see it in the game, minnow teams winning against big ones, unrealistic results, and so little difference between high and low rated players.I think you should let those ratings count much more in match outcomes, player performances, transfers, and even player costs.

Why not adding an option like the show/hide attributes to the decimal values too?

Anyway seeing arsenal 10 in premire league with 43 goals scored the first season, and many other not so possible situations expecially in the stats: messi 14 goals in one season, my edited competitions ( and i passed hours doing that) like estonian meistriliiga,latvian virsliiga, and other "obscure" leagues (in which two or three teams dominate the competition year after year with plenty of goal scored) with copletely twisted results and league tables keeps preventing me to play the game furthermore.

Plus i think it would be nice to add an option to every country with the game style to choose, for example italy more defensive and tactical, spain with a more attacking approach, netherlands less defensive play and more attacking, england more physical and pacey and so on...

what do you think?

Guest El Payaso

Has anyone actually seen midfielders breaking down attacking moves in midfield? In my games loads of chances come from slow build-ups where the attacking side combine 10-15 short passes in midfield/flank-area and those moves often end up in a shot even inside the penalty area. Seems like that midfielders aren't doing anything when they should be doing the defensive job. And this happens both to me and the AI teams. I almost always have three midfielders on the pitch that have good attributes to break these passing moves (anticipating, work rate, teamwork, off the ball...) and also one "destroyer" but still nothing. Ramires has done some dispossessions for me (maybe because of his high CA, he sometimes even performs) but in Boreham Wood I don't remember seeing any good defending from midfielders.

Please, SI, fix moronic player behaviour for FM15. I can't stand flukes from touchline getting in and 100% chances constantly being missed. The number of CCCs missed is frustrating, both mine and AI's. My defence does play bad, but goalkeeper saves most of the chances, but still manages to concede from 25m from opponent's full-back's "never meant" shot. It wasn't like this in beta engine, which was almost perfect and needed just a little tweaking, all patches in FM14 made certain areas of ME much worse than they were before. That wasn't the case in the previous years.

Also, I would like to see an option (instruction) to suggest (or order) AMR and AML not to behave like forwards, but to track back opposition players. AMC line doesn't mean they are classic forwards, they should still play defence if instructed. Guardiola and Mourinho are examples.

Also, I would like to see an option (instruction) to suggest (or order) AMR and AML not to behave like forwards, but to track back opposition players. AMC line doesn't mean they are classic forwards, they should still play defence if instructed. Guardiola and Mourinho are examples.

Defensive winger?

Archived