Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.3.1 Update FEEDBACK THREAD

Guest El Payaso
Yep, but the absence of sliders has zero to do with the fact that people may or may not be gravitating towards certain formations.

EDIT - to elaborate: Whilst people adapt from the slider era to the current UI, it may be that there is increased reliance on downloaded tactics.

If those tactics tend to operate from the same formation base, then that may explain the apparent prevalence of particular formations being used.

It's not just formations it's also that the whole style of plays are looking more and more the same for everyone. For example: I've played with 4-5-1, 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-1-1 in several versions of FM but with sliders I made even those highly popular formations look like my own with unique style of play. It's much harder for anyone to replicate my tactics completely when I'm doing everything by myself with sliders. Of course it is possible with FM14's system also but I could almost bet that there are loads of people who are using exactly same style of plays that I am. And believe it or not, it 'annoys' me... Maybe I'm taking the game too seriously, I blame my competitive instinct for that. :D

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's not just formations it's also that the whole style of plays are looking more and more the same for everyone. For example: I've played with 4-5-1, 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-1-1 in several versions of FM but with sliders I made even those highly popular formations look like my own with unique style of play. It's much harder for anyone to replicate my tactics completely when I'm doing everything by myself with sliders. Of course it is possible with FM14's system also but I could almost bet that there are loads of people who are using exactly same style of plays that I am. And believe it or not, it 'annoys' me... Maybe I'm taking the game too seriously, I blame my competitive instinct for that. :D
Sorry, but apart from illogical gamer-ish settings, I can still do the same things as before. Many single notches on the sliders weren't actually doing anything and illogical player settings are gone. If there's still something missing, like the aforementioned bigger arsenal of specific tactical instructions or eventually a few more player roles, then I feel the same way - but that's not something which was possible with sliders either.

I think much of it is perception, instead of billions of setups (sliders) with many of them useless, we're still talking millions (FM14) of different tactical setups with a lesser percentage of useless ones. The math is a wild guess to illustrate things, if anyone wants to calculate better approximations, be my guest. ;)

Why is it that AI can do some rediculous zonal marking on the six yard box from every corner and long throw which makes long shot pointless coz they block everything or the keeper makes a casual save from one side of the goal to the other But you have to put up with crappy man marking and players don't even mark their man properly????????

Why is it that AI can do some rediculous zonal marking on the six yard box from every corner and long throw which makes long shot pointless coz they block everything or the keeper makes a casual save from one side of the goal to the other But you have to put up with crappy man marking and players don't even mark their man properly????????

It is covered in detail here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/386248-14.3-Corners

After investigation it seems that the current set piece creator will not allow the User to set more than one player to carry out the same role when defending (or indeed attacking) corners. We will obviously look at this as a priority for FM15.
That is correct RTH. Unfortunately this would be possible for a human manager to set (it's not a limitation of the ME at all), but as some set piece instructions are restricted to one player only and this one has slipped under the radar. There are many instructions currently restricted to just one player (e.g. Lurk Outside Area on Attacking corners or Edge of Area for Defending corners) that we will re-consider in future to give the User greater flexibility when setting up their set pieces. A re-appraisal of all instructions is underway, though one specific thing I can promise is that this discrepency with zonal marking will be fixed for FM15.

In the meantime I've found that the method of zonal marking is actually quite susceptible to attack from corners and even if I could select it myself I would probably choose not to use it (though I'm sure Rafa Benitez would probably disagree with me!)

You don't have to settle for man marking. You can tell all of your players to "Go Back" and they'll mark space. They won't all crowd the six yard box, but I've found it's more effective than the AI's corner set-up.

T.H.O.G

I have tried this but the guys i tell to go back just linger on the edge of the area

I use a mix of go back and marking specific areas. The block runners sometimes start from the edge of the area then move into position before the kick is taken. It usually ends up looking like this though:

mkOPIqY.png

Guest El Payaso
Sorry, but apart from illogical gamer-ish settings, I can still do the same things as before.
Well, I can't. I used to fix errors in style of play with small tweaks. For example if I saw that we're allowing chances because one of my players is a bit too high up the pitch, the solution was to drop his mentality few notches lower and most of the times problem solved. Also if I saw my formation breaking up because one of my players starts closing down too early: few notches of from his closing down and problem solved. Both of those options now almost completely gone from the game. And you could do those adjustments in real life if you saw that kind of errors in your style of play.
I think much of it is perception, instead of billions of setups (sliders) with many of them useless, we're still talking millions (FM14) of different tactical setups with a lesser percentage of useless ones. The math is a wild guess to illustrate things, if anyone wants to calculate better approximations, be my guest. ;)
What is the point in tactical side if it isn't possible to make tactical mistakes? Tactical mistakes are one of the key part in football tactics and you could think that things like this are even highlighted in a game.

And I really don't get it why everything must be pre-made these days as there are loads of us people who like to do things by themselves? I've played football since kid and never heard anyone of our coaches talking about ball winning midfielders or deep lying playmakers. IMO those concepts belong to analysing of football in Sky Sports' studio at half time if even there..

There is a workaround so can use the AI's zonal marking trick for corners.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/386248-14.3-Corners?p=9487002&viewfull=1#post9487002

I have three men in the six yard box, one near post, one marking tall player, two others man marking, one edge of the area and the rest forward. Can't remember when I last conceded from a corner.

What is the point in tactical side if it isn't possible to make tactical mistakes? Tactical mistakes are one of the key part in football tactics and you could think that things like this are even highlighted in a game.

And I really don't get it why everything must be pre-made these days as there are loads of us people who like to do things by themselves? I've played football since kid and never heard anyone of our coaches talking about ball winning midfielders or deep lying playmakers. IMO those concepts belong to analysing of football in Sky Sports' studio at half time if even there..

You missed my point completely, I'm not talking tactical mistakes, rather illogical things that aren't anywhere near anything but a gamer's mind, which kinda isn't the point when trying to recreate a simulation. Why you still talk about pre-made or that it's not possible to make tactical mistakes is beyond me - do the math of all possible different tactical setups. You do know there are player instructions, which resemble the same thing as with sliders, but without the aforementioned illogical "i'm adjusting abstract slider notches to min-max my (not yours, just generally speaking) gamer experience"-stuff?

Actually, due to fewer and less impactful exploits, download/static tactics aren't as viable as in earlier FM iterations, I'd actually expect much more tactical variety if one could really peek over the shoulders of every FM player...

Don't want this to sound like a rant, but these kinds of results are why I haven't had a long term save since the final patch :(

21cbd76.jpg

dzuik8.jpg

Don't want to sound like a moaner, but results like these seem to be 99% in favour of the AI :(

I tend to over achieve, so its almost like the ME is plotting against me in an attempt to stop me winning at any cost, paranoid? yes maybe, but I can't help thinking that foul play is the reason for such results.

Don't want to sound like a moaner, but results like these seem to be 99% in favour of the AI :(

I tend to over achieve, so its almost like the ME is plotting against me in an attempt to stop me winning at any cost, paranoid? yes maybe, but I can't help thinking that foul play is the reason for such results.

These type of results can only occur when one team dominates, if you are the team that regularly dominates the stats then its always going to be in the AI's teams favour when it happens.

How many times a season are you the team getting hammered in the stats?

These type of results can only occur when one team dominates, if you are the team that regularly dominates the stats then its always going to be in the AI's teams favour when it happens.

How many times a season are you the team getting hammered in the stats?

Very rarely if i'm honest, but I think that is down to my three pronged approach tactically. I tend to respond to the AI's mentality which usually gives me the edge.

In normal circumstances I would be willing to accept the old adage of "its your tactics" but what i'm seeing here looks very different.

Totally fed up with this rubbish now.

Players that blast the ball into oppositions body and then it trickles into the goal. Players that run into each other. Players that cant pass to one another from 5 years.

Every single one of the oppositions goal so far in my new season has come from some strange individual mistake that would genuinely NEVER happen in a real game of professional footballers. It is absurd. The game both looks and plays terribly.

Full backs are totally ineffectual unless a winger leathers the ball at them and it cannons off for an inevitable corner. My Centre Backs always play terribly. Without fail.

The whole of the tactical set up is poorly conceived and executed, with loads of different ways to contradict itself. I have been playing the games since 01/02, i'm not an imbecile. The 'it's your tactics' argument doesn't weigh up i'm afraid when there is so much wrong with the basics - my goalkeeper will boot the ball to an opponent even though I have the instruction 'pass to defenders' on. My players will kick the ball into each other or an opponent when a very simple pass is on.

My biggest criticism is that this game in it's current form is just plain dull. For a variety of reasons, but the main one is that there is so much emphasis on the confusing and unintuitive tactical set up. There is no fun left in the game and it all feels more like a trial that good fun. It's a shame because it was a brilliant series 5 years ago. Maybe i've just got older and grown out of it. Who knows eh?

The whole of the tactical set up is poorly conceived and executed, with loads of different ways to contradict itself.

Seriously? There are far fewer opportunities for contradicting instructions in this version than there has been in any version of the game since the sliders were implemented.

In fact, on the team instructions section, contradicting instructions are greyed out (well, er, redded out) so you can't choose them.

Now while you can argue that the system isn't perfect, to have a go at this version in particular regarding conflicting instructions is as wide of the mark as you can get.

Guest El Payaso
You missed my point completely, I'm not talking tactical mistakes, rather illogical things that aren't anywhere near anything but a gamer's mind, which kinda isn't the point when trying to recreate a simulation.
Sorry about that, must be something to do with my bad English. :)
Why you still talk about pre-made or that it's not possible to make tactical mistakes is beyond me - do the math of all possible different tactical setups. You do know there are player instructions, which resemble the same thing as with sliders, but without the aforementioned illogical "i'm adjusting abstract slider notches to min-max my (not yours, just generally speaking) gamer experience"-stuff?
Well isn't it pre-made then? The current system with all the guides available is a 2-3 minutes job per style of play. There are of course options but with clear guides available how many of these options are used and how many of available options are actually working... All these guide things are making tactics more and more the same and for those who want to create own style of plays it is kinda 'boring'. You create your 'own' style of play yet hundreds and even thousands of other users are using exactly same tactics. Like I've said, I believe that this will be improved in the future but the current one... well it's not for me.

If players' attributes are displayed in between 1-20 in the game, then I wouldn't see it illogical to use sliders with 20 different notches. It was quite logical way to do create tactics actually. IRL I would be able to instruct players like "okay centre back drop just a little bit deeper because if you position yourself like that, we will be leaking because of the gap between you and the centre back." or to a midfielder I could say that "you're doing the closing down wrong, your timing isn't right there. You need to do it either when the opponent receives the ball or not do it all because if you go there after he has received the ball and turned, he has no trouble in using that space that opens up when you go close him down."

It is very easy to contradict yourself if you put Team instructions and Player instructions on if you want to. However I take your point.

I don't mind seeing mistakes, when every goal comes from one though, it makes you think that Tactically, there is just no point. Especially when it happens to just your team and never the opposition.

It is very easy to contradict yourself if you put Team instructions and Player instructions on if you want to. However I take your point.

I don't mind seeing mistakes, when every goal comes from one though, it makes you think that Tactically, there is just no point. Especially when it happens to just your team and never the opposition.

Arsene Wenger once said every goal is a result of a mistake somewhere ;)

Which is exactly the reason why it WILL be tactical.

Incidentally, AI players make heaps of mistakes too. People don't tend to notice them as much as they generally concentrate more on their own team. Watch an AI vs AI game now and again, plenty of mistakes there.

That's fine mate, but I fail to see how at a corner, my defender on the line blasting the ball at the opponent for him to score is tactical. I fail to see how two central midfielders running into each other and the ball just running in between them is tactical. I really don't know how you can say Centre Backs just not going in for headers and standing there is tactical. I fail to see how my GK catching the ball and then running out of play is tactical, nor how my CB has given off to pens in two games even after the ball has been played out by a completely separate player. I'm either the unluckiest manager in the world or there are still massive problems in the game. You could say that there's a reason for these things, but then something else would invariably go wrong and it would be down to something else.

Or here's the point - maybe it is tactical, but the translation from the ME to the actual viewed game is so bad that it is very difficult to tell what's going wrong and why.

Maybe everyone has read 'Inverting the pyramid' and loved it. I haven't and doubt I would, despite playing these games and football my whole adult life. I just knew these games used to be about fun, and this isn't it really.

In describing all the ways in which it isn't tactical you have, if correct, essentially proven that you have a selective memory when it comes to saying it only happens to you. It's one or the other

That's the problem with the FM paradigm, it is indefatigable from within. (and in my opinion often correctly so)

That's fine mate, but I fail to see how at a corner, my defender on the line blasting the ball at the opponent for him to score is tactical. I fail to see how two central midfielders running into each other and the ball just running in between them is tactical. I really don't know how you can say Centre Backs just not going in for headers and standing there is tactical

It's not a black/white scenario though, is it? Mistakes happen in the game as much as they happen in real life. Actually strike that, there are FAR fewer mistakes shown in the visual representation of this engine than you'll ever see in real life.

Regardless of amounts, mistakes happen. Are they always the result of a tactical deficiency somewhere? No. Can these mistakes be reduced by tactically tweaking various parts of your set up? Yes, but they'll still exist.

If you want an error-free representation of football, go and play FIFA. Otherwise just accept that your players will make blunders, and sometimes there's nothing you can do about it. That's a huge part of the frustration of being a football manager.

Well isn't it pre-made then? The current system with all the guides available is a 2-3 minutes job per style of play. There are of course options but with clear guides available how many of these options are used and how many of available options are actually working... All these guide things are making tactics more and more the same and for those who want to create own style of plays it is kinda 'boring'. You create your 'own' style of play yet hundreds and even thousands of other users are using exactly same tactics. Like I've said, I believe that this will be improved in the future but the current one... well it's not for me.

I have no idea why you keep claiming this pre-made stuff with thousands playing with the same tactics. It's absolute nonsense - the strategies or ideas those mentioned guides try to explain have absolutely nothing to do with the changed interface from sliders to something more realistic. It's basically more football logic that can be applied than game logic - try reading some of the better footy blogs and off you go tinkering. Simple math contradicts your theories about only a few different tactics being played, as well as the worse viability of download tactics due to fewer and less impactful exploits.

I'm not mentioning again more constructive criticism towards the new tactical UI, I don't think that's the issue here.

Maybe for a different thread, but here's your challenge: Try to find something realistic that could be replicated with sliders, but not with the new UI.

in general the 14.3 ME is not a bad one, even in LLM (i mean REALLY LLM, level 10 of english pyramid) it is enjoyable and quite realistic. there are however some annoying issues: 1) penalties...i'm suffering and average of 0.90 pen per match (when i say average, i mean that in some matches also 2 pens have been awarded to the opposite)...at the other end, i've to win a penalty yet (how sounds the classic refrain that ME is the same for us and for the AI???); 2) set pieces goal...when it is not a penalty, it's a set piece...the two sum around 80% of the goals conceded...as above, it's not the same on the other side, i score a reasonable number of set piece but I'm under 40%... these two issues really hurt in a ME otherwise quite good...

how sounds the classic refrain that ME is the same for us and for the AI???);

just as good as always

2) set pieces goal...when it is not a penalty, it's a set piece...the two sum around 80% of the goals conceded...as above, it's not the same on the other side, i score a reasonable number of set piece but I'm under 40%... these two issues really hurt in a ME otherwise quite good...

% of goals is useless. If you are uber defensive then it could be they can only score from set pieces as you are too good at keeping everything else out. If you only score from them it could be because you can't create any other chances. It is too subjective a statistic, where your tactics influence it too much.

penalties...i'm suffering and average of 0.90 pen per match (when i say average, i mean that in some matches also 2 pens have been awarded to the opposite)...at the other end, i've to win a penalty yet (how sounds the classic refrain that ME is the same for us and for the AI???)

Penalties are not some coincidental occurrences that are supposed to be happening with similar regularity for all teams. If your team concedes more than the AI then that means your players commit more fouls in the box than theirs. The ME is the same for you and the AI but your tactics are obviously different.

The issue I have with penalties is how often they get given for seemingly random fouls as opposed to actual tackles on a player with the ball. Most are just high balls into the box where supposedly something happens between the two players trying to win the header or something completely off ball (like the one mentioned in one of the above posts where the ball is already going out but a penalty gets given for a foul miles away).

just as good as always

% of goals is useless. If you are uber defensive then it could be they can only score from set pieces as you are too good at keeping everything else out. If you only score from them it could be because you can't create any other chances. It is too subjective a statistic, where your tactics influence it too much.

another absurd point...the number of Yellow and red cards for my fullbacks...around 1 red per match, how can it be possible, without any special instructions to tackle hard??? just the fullbacks, quite strange isn't it???

another absurd point...the number of Yellow and red cards for my fullbacks...around 1 red per match, how can it be possible, without any special instructions to tackle hard??? just the fullbacks, quite strange isn't it???

Its almost as if full-backs are the position most often trying to deal with tricky wingers

Its almost as if full-backs are the position most often trying to deal with tricky wingers

i really appreciate your effort to put into perspective the flaws of the ME, as if it were real life...but please, the mad tackles that result in a red card have nothing to do with the trying to stop 'Tricky wingers'...

i really appreciate your effort to put into perspective the flaws of the ME, as if it were real life...but please, the mad tackles that result in a red card have nothing to do with the trying to stop 'Tricky wingers'...

Have your full backs got any aggressive PPMs? High attributes relating to Aggression?

What are your Team and Player Instructions?

I can't recall many (any) people complaining about excessive numbers of red cards for wide defenders.

Maybe it's precisely why they are "mad tackles"? They are trying to stop the wingers and struggling, so frustration sets in and... mad tackle, red card.

Have your full backs got any aggressive PPMs? High attributes relating to Aggression?

I can't recall many (any) people complaining about excessive numbers of red cards for wide defenders.

nothing special, i've also checked they foul-proness through RTE and they've nothing different than the Others...they just like to be week in week out like the old norman hunter

In game currently I'm seeing a fair few interceptions/tackles that seem to run through to give the opposing team a 1v1 with my keeper, is anyone else seeing these?

I'm not saying every other goal I concede is like this and they do happen in real life, but I'm just wondering if anyone else see's goals like this? Personally I think maybe it's happening a little too much but I might just be unlucky. It's usually my full backs who do this and they are set to ease off tackles.

Well it's hard to get sent off by standing on the spot.

I tried going back to FM14, but don't think I can play this game anymore due to the lack of bite in closing down and tackling opponents. It is difficult to implement a robust defence which is capable of keeping clean sheets.

Whether you are the attacking or defending side, it seems way too easy to 'walk' through the defending team as the defenders all have a tendency to stand around like lemons.

Back in FM11 and FM12, players instructed to 'hassle opponents' and 'get stuck in' actually do hassle opponents and get stuck in, sometimes sliding in, tripping the opponent and committing a foul. That's what I want to see in a proper match engine.

I hope that this is sorted out in FM15.

Guest El Payaso
I tried going back to FM14, but don't think I can play this game anymore due to the lack of bite in closing down and tackling opponents. It is difficult to implement a robust defence which is capable of keeping clean sheets.

I've also started to think that there is something seriously wrong in defending in this version. Especially my FA Cup run where I played against a few Premier league sides was awful to watch. I had something like 6 players under the ball and tried to play narrow, get stuck in and still saw loads of those slow short passing moves which ended up in a scoring chance against defence that had all the time in the world to organize themselves. It's really just awful to watch this current version: players who don't have any abilities to be threat inside penalty areas, are just that, loads of free shots inside penalty areas after slow build-ups as defenders that suddenly decide to leave one player open, dribbling still far too effective and crossing doing huge damage even if you have small players in the penalty area and the opponents have big and brave centre backs.

It's the worst ME in terms of defending since FM 2010.

Well I'm done as well. Let the close minded yap about how great the game is, despite the immense number of complaints shown in this forum. I'm managing Bayern and just beat Arsenal 4-0 only to lose 4-0 against Urawa Red Diamonds, who?? A Japanese team. Same players with the same tactics, how can you explain that? I then went on to beat Zenit 5-0 and then Chelsea 2-0. Okay.....

I agree with the common complaints I saw above, just to reiterate some of the points mentioned above:

Player collision is garbage you can see it game after game, your player runs into his teammate and loses the ball, come on...

Long shots is the cancer of FM14.

Not so much difference between strong teams and weak teams, it's all about getting your tactic PERFECT, not right, not semi right but PERFECT

It doesn't matter how strong or weak your players are, it's all about the tactics, because this year it's Tactics Manager 2014.

The game hasn't evolved much since 4 years, same boring ME with same boring game play, I really hope this game evolves in terms of experience but that is hard for an indie company to do, to be honest there are multiple examples of companies making great games but falling short later due to their lack of creativity or proper execution (S2 Games anyone?). Sadly for SI there is no Valve to create a monster competition (like Dota2). I guess, I really miss the magic this game gave me back in the days, good ol days ahhh :)

Well I'm done as well. Let the close minded yap about how great the game is, despite the immense number of complaints shown in this forum. I'm managing Bayern and just beat Arsenal 4-0 only to lose 4-0 against Urawa Red Diamonds, who?? A Japanese team. Same players with the same tactics, how can you explain that? I then went on to beat Zenit 5-0 and then Chelsea 2-0. Okay.....

I agree with the common complaints I saw above, just to reiterate some of the points mentioned above:

Player collision is garbage you can see it game after game, your player runs into his teammate and loses the ball, come on...

Long shots is the cancer of FM14.

Not so much difference between strong teams and weak teams, it's all about getting your tactic PERFECT, not right, not semi right but PERFECT

It doesn't matter how strong or weak your players are, it's all about the tactics, because this year it's Tactics Manager 2014.

The game hasn't evolved much since 4 years, same boring ME with same boring game play, I really hope this game evolves in terms of experience but that is hard for an indie company to do, to be honest there are multiple examples of companies making great games but falling short later due to their lack of creativity or proper execution (S2 Games anyone?). Sadly for SI there is no Valve to create a monster competition (like Dota2). I guess, I really miss the magic this game gave me back in the days, good ol days ahhh :)

Funny how you mention closed-mindedness, then exhibit the exact same.

If you did really use the same players and tactics against the Diamonds, then it's clear that their gameplan is something you aren't set up well to defend against. Let me guess, they parked the bus? That not tell you something?

Guest El Payaso
I have no idea why you keep claiming this pre-made stuff
First of all: sorry that I didn't notice your reply earlier. But anyway: with pre-made I mean that with sliders we used to make our own roles: like for example this midfielder is El Payaso's opinion on how deep lying playmaker plays and it is customly made for the player that is in my team, based on his attributes and weaknesses and strenghts. The current system is pre-made as you don't have to create your own vision of roles which I think that every manager in real life has...
with thousands playing with the same tactics. It's absolute nonsense
In the tactics forum I've seen many people using exactly same tactics that I am so I wouldn't call it a nonsence.
the strategies or ideas those mentioned guides try to explain have absolutely nothing to do with the changed interface from sliders to something more realistic. It's basically more football logic that can be applied than game logic - try reading some of the better footy blogs and off you go tinkering. Simple math contradicts your theories about only a few different tactics being played, as well as the worse viability of download tactics due to fewer and less impactful exploits.
I'm not going to even comment on that 'realism'-thing. A friend of mine who has done coaching for years once said about FM's tactics that they don't have anything to do with real football and I agree. They may be realistic when you take that analysing point of view and analyze how a certain manager plays his team but you're never going to know how they really do it unless you are allowed to actually get inside the organisation and to the training ground and actually see how for example Guardiola manages his team. If the football tactics are so simple: why would for example Maradona be so keen to learn from Guardiola's style of management as he would be able to do the same things Pep does in 2-3 minutes.

And what comes to 'exploits' I've never been looking for those to be succesful but I think that there are quite obvious ones in the current game also. Full-backs are unable to mark in-cutting wingers and that can be hugely exploited. Also with two strikers up-front you can break most of the defences with simple combination where one of the strikers is dropping back more and by that draws the whole defence line apart, the more advanced one through on goal several times in one game... I'd also see wingers' dribbling exploit as you can't rely your style of play on just running with the ball down the flank but in the game you can. Wingers are one of the main performers in this current game and far too effective... maybe not an exploit though as basically everyone is using wingers and that's just basic football.

Complete wingbacks and false nines seem to be the most 'exploiting' roles.

Try to find something realistic that could be replicated with sliders, but not with the new UI.
For example that positioning thing that was possible with mentality settings with sliders. Also centre backs getting forward: David Luiz, John Terry and Gary Cahill are getting forward at times from centre back's position when there is a chance opening. You can't do that with the new UI can you? I think that there are loads of other limitations too...

Tactically I think that the game is at a huge intermediate stage and unfinished. Lots of tactical illogicalities are shown in the ME and I'm scoring lots of goals that I shouldn't score with players I have. Most of the goals are scored just because of defensive weaknesses, individual mistakes and individual efforts from attacking players. I don't think that there's nothing like 'being tactically good as a team' in that.

We've just released an FM14 update to incorporate cross-platform play with the PS Vita. All details and that all important change list can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/389113-Football-Manager-2014-14.3.1-Update-Released

Thanks.

Great that you're still looking at fixing the crashes etc, but I await the torrent of "is this fixed" and "what about this" and the wild gnashing of teeth with trepidation :p

Archived