FM 2014 Pre-Release Beta - Official feedback thread.

• Administrators
is there any possibility left to mod this in a way it was before or in a way to replace the numbers with some other characters/symbols ?

Not officially though, although someone may be able to do it with a custom made skin. I'd suggest asking around in the Skinning Hideout forum. Thanks.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding graphical performance, what is the most amount of stars possible? My computer is rated 5 stars, and the 'recommended' settings revert to 'very high', yet the 3D matches are very choppy and stuttering (I didn't have this at 'high' in FM13) at anything above Medium graphics.

Ah gotcha, thanks for getting back to me.

This isn't a demo, it's a pre-release beta, which yes can only be accessed if you've pre-ordered.

Details on the demo will be announced in due course, but normally it's released a few days prior to the official release of the game. Thanks.

• Administrators
I saw this when going to sign my first free agent (this on the full game)

Ipswichtransfer_zps7f546040.jpg

Why, when signing a free agent, should my transfer budget be affected? It's little enough as it is.

Agent fees are deducted from your transfer budget.

Oh for the love of god why do things that get fixed in one version get broken again in the new one.

Widgets do not remember their location.

In FM13 you had to move them everygame, now you have to move them several times during a game!

Rest assured, this is an issue that is being reviewed closely. We know how annoying this can be for anyone who plays with them.

Not being able to play on windowed mode is incredibly frustrating. If it's not fixed for release day then I'm going to be bitterly disappointed.

It will be as long as the size of the text and images is set to 0.75. This was to ensure that there's no issues with the layout as it's not optimised for less than 768 vertical pixels.

• Administrators
Has this always been the case? I've never noticed that in all my years of playing FM.
New feature for this year, as this is more realistic to how things work in real life and FFP.

I'm quite particular about my in game widgets and where that are positioned. Every time you go to half time or finish a match and start your next game all the widgets have moved from where I placed them.

I always like to view the opposition formation in a widget. I set this when playing at home, next game away this widget had swapped to my formation.

We're reviewing this at the moment. Unfortunately, there are a number of technical factors that affect the stability of widgets.

Not a bug, just an annoyance.

Playing matches I always have it ticked so I can see my players ratings, but it keeps changing to the other teams ratings at the start of each match.

Other than that, no issues (so far).

We're looking at this issue too. This isn't happening consistently and so we're trying to narrow down the exact factors that may trigger this issue.

Has this always been the case? I've never noticed that in all my years of playing FM.

I don't think so, I just bought a player for 3.8 million and 4.4 was taken out my kitty.

Edit: Answered above. This will manage managing funds difficult if you have multiple transfers on the go at once

Im really liking the new tactic setup, feels very intuitive.

One question in regards to this:

When I set up team and specific role/player instructions, will these be saved when I save the overall tactic at the "Overview" tab, or will I have to set these up again if I import the tactic to a new game?

When you save a tactic, it will save the team and player instructions you had setup for it.

Is cloud saving enabled in this version? When I select to save to cloud, the game saves but STEAM gives no indication of uploading any files, and if I go to properties for FM14 in my STEAM library it says 0/9xx mb synched.

Don't know if this is a bug but normaly u could have a private chat with the player (right click on them) now i have to click on the player and pick this option next to 'information' to talk with him.

There's the "Speak About" menu to talk about something specific. However, if you want to have a general chat, you'll need to go to their Player screen and click "Private Chat".

Has anyone else noticed corners being scored in really unrealistic ways?

I haven't scored on e yet, but i reckon i've conceded a good 8 or so in 12 matches, two in my current one. A lot of them just float into the box and a player smacks it on the first time volley and into the net, without so much as a challenge from any defender.

• Administrators
Is cloud saving enabled in this version? When I select to save to cloud, the game saves but STEAM gives no indication of uploading any files, and if I go to properties for FM14 in my STEAM library it says 0/9xx mb synched.

Cloud details here - http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=38&id=239

Just started playing and the first impressions are good.

Just one issue I've come across so far; On my squad page, I want it sorted by player postion, so I click on position and then it is correct but when I come back later, it is sorted by selected players (Pkd). How can I get it to stay sorted by Position?

Thanks

Just played about 2 hours, still in Pre-Season.

I REALLY miss the "Talk about player" option, with the press. The option to use endorsements for players and such was really useful to unsettle them at their clubs.

I can't see any way to talk about the player, to the press, except stating my interest in him, through the transfer options, which is not nearly good enough.

Why did they remove the 'extensive' options for commenting on players and managers to the press?

New feature for this year, as this is more realistic to how things work in real life and FFP.

Might be more 'realistic', but this has killed the game for me. Most lower league clubs have zero transfer budget (in fact, some bigger clubs also do). The amount of frees you can sign is limited enough, now you won't be able to sign a single free who has an agent. Poor show.

Also, nowhere on the transfer confirmation screen does it inform you what this fee is for.

Been impressed so far, but this is a gamebreaker for me.

Just played a couple of pre-season friendlies. My first impressions are good. The interface looks good and it's pretty intuitive to find my way round. Matches look sharper and clearer: definitely a step up in realism there. The new player roles seem to offer more flexibility in tactics but I'll have to play around with them to give a more considered verdict. It may be me being dim but options to set the defensive line & ask players to push up or drop deeper weren't obvious to me which could restrict player choice, but maybe those options are there and I missed them.

And those odds for the Premier League are silly: Man Utd 16-1, Chelsea 20-1, Spurs 40-1. there would be some broke bookies if they really offered such long odds.

Generally very impressed on a quick look.

There's the "Speak About" menu to talk about something specific. However, if you want to have a general chat, you'll need to go to their Player screen and click "Private Chat".
I noticed the 'speak about' but for me private chat is more important then the options i have with 'speak about' . I have to adapt to this then :)

Yea counting the agent fee against the transfer budget might be realistic but it creates a lot of problems for the player. Transfer budgets in FM are "hard" (i.e. a transfer gets canceled if you go £1 over budget) so it makes financial planning pretty difficult to not know the potential agent fee when you're making a transfer offer to another club.

Also it does screw lower league managers who don't have transfer budgets.

Just started playing and the first impressions are good.

Just one issue I've come across so far; On my squad page, I want it sorted by player postion, so I click on position and then it is correct but when I come back later, it is sorted by selected players (Pkd). How can I get it to stay sorted by Position?

Thanks

The sort order sticks inconsistently at the moment. This is a bug that we're aware of and are looking into.

Could you try verifying your cache for me see if it makes a difference? How to do that can be found here http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=38&id=221

Just tried lowering the graphics to medium and it has solved the issue.

I have a 2013 iMac with a Nvidia GeForce GT 660M graphics card. The game gives me a high graphical star rating but seems I can't play with anything above medium detail. Does that sound right?

I actually do not mind the new feature to take away funds when signing players.

I always start of in the lowest league in England, the game is not very challenging until you hit the 2nd division, normally you can go out and sign basically a whole new team and they will charge to the title no problem and again the next year with a few additions.

I am only going through pre-season at the moment and it is quite difficult to get a good balance in the team and I am searching more for loan players than I did in the past, it could be a good challenge this year to even get out of the North division at the first go let alone do back to back promotions, seems lower league management just got a whole lot more difficult..... and more realistic!

basque search filter seams to be bugged and not turning up any hits at all, could this have to do with the secoundary nationality change from basque to pays basque? would assume that since this was changed the search filters was not updated at all to work with this change

Played for a couple of hours. Just into September now.

From what i've seen so far, I'm really enjoying it. Penalties are ridiculous though. Had 6. Missed 6. Either that's REALLY bad luck or the keepers are overpowered in penalty shootouts.

• SI Staff
Playing on 2d mode. Every time I score a goal the whole screen flickers (almost like a flash similar to when you take a screenshot on an iphone) is this supposed to happen?

Are you playing 2D or 2D classic? If 2D what is your system graphics capability in preferences? If you lower this does is stop this happening?

basque search filter seams to be bugged and not turning up any hits at all, could this have to do with the secoundary nationality change from basque to pays basque? would assume that since this was changed the search filters was not updated at all to work with this change

Can you please post this in the UI forums (http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/350-User-Interface) so to ensure it's definitely reviewed?

Archived