FM 2014 Pre-Release Beta - Official feedback thread.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First impressions after 4 friendlies:

Pro's

- The UI is much better than last year

- Player animations seem better

- The ME is generally pretty good looking, definitely much better than at this stage last year

- Transfer negotiations are really nice.

- The new tactics/shouts system is brilliant. Sliders going is a great change.

Con's

- Every single player that i've been offered through agents has wanted at least double what i can afford to pay even if i max out my offer. I feel that while this is something that probably happens, for it to happen every (8 times already i think) time is a bit much. Agents should know how likely it is that his player will want to join the club he's touting them to, as well as having a general idea of the budget constraints said club has.

- The black "Alternative Tactics" button on the UI is disgusting, and completely jarring to look at. It's a massive blob in the screen that diverts my attention to it all the time, which is annoying. The colour doesn't help with this either, with it being black on a screen of white and blue, with the green pitch just below. It's the one thing about the UI that's not great looking to me so far.

- The woodwork seems to be hit a lot, with me hitting it at least twice in every match so far, and the opposition a few as well.

- Goalkeepers make awkward saves. What i mean by that is that they catch the ball while moving backwards at a strange angle, it looks really odd. Doesn't seem to affect the match though, so it's probably an animation issue.

I'll come back after i play a good chunk of the season, but initial impressions are great.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but one initial thing I've noticed after playing with Chelsea is that I have 8 scouts all looking at the same area. (UK and Ireland, Scotland)

Is this something that's intended? I had my Director of Football managing the scouting assignments, but it doesn't seem to me that I should have 8 scouts all in the same area.

The whole look of the thing is just SO much better. That's the first thing that strikes me. Cleaner, MUCH easier to read. (bigger font?). Where can I report a player being given the wrong position? You have one of our (Bury) midfielders down as a full-back who can't play in midfield at all. IRL he's a ball winning midfielder type who can also as back up play full back. It's Euan Holden.

The whole look of the thing is just SO much better. That's the first thing that strikes me. Cleaner, MUCH easier to read. (bigger font?). Where can I report a player being given the wrong position? You have one of our (Bury) midfielders down as a full-back who can't play in midfield at all. IRL he's a ball winning midfielder type who can also as back up play full back. It's Euan Holden.

Data issues here please:

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/356-Football-Manager-2014-Data-Issues

What's your system resolution? If it's not high enough you'll only be able to run in full screen.
My system doesn't meet required resolution but FM13 still worked in windows mode, was always able to 'minimize/maximize' to see missing stuff on pages, gutted at this tbh :(

First impression of ME is very good, im not a 3d fan but the new ball movement and flight looks so much better in 2d classic

edit - second impression is i love it! Scoring some lovely fluid goals and my team and players are playing like ive asked them too! So far so very VERY good! Millions times better than Beta fm13

i cant find the graphic attributes option

If you're referring to the option to allow you to view attributes on a Player screen using graphical bars, then that would be because the option has been removed. It was causing layout maintenance issues and was never consistently applied throughout the game.

One slight annoyance I've found is on the matchday screen. I'm playing a lower league Scottish side who play in red, and while I'm not expectimg the stadium to look accurate, I would have expected the seat colours in the stand to be the same as the club colours. Looking at green seats is somewhat disconcerting.

Also, the 3D rating for my laptop on FM13 was 5 stars, but it's ZERO stars on this one, meaning I'm having to play at the lowest graphic level to avoid jerkiness. It still looks great, so it's not a huge issue, but it's weird how it can go from one extreme to the other in just one year.

If you're referring to the option to allow you to view attributes on a Player screen using graphical bars, then that would be because the option has been removed. It was causing layout maintenance issues and was never consistently applied throughout the game.
´

that sucks because i always play with that option . hopefully in future it gets a return

One slight annoyance I've found is on the matchday screen. I'm playing a lower league Scottish side who play in red, and while I'm not expectimg the stadium to look accurate, I would have expected the seat colours in the stand to be the same as the club colours. Looking at green seats is somewhat disconcerting.

Also, the 3D rating for my laptop on FM13 was 5 stars, but it's ZERO stars on this one, meaning I'm having to play at the lowest graphic level to avoid jerkiness. It still looks great, so it's not a huge issue, but it's weird how it can go from one extreme to the other in just one year.

Try and experiment with the Graphical Detail level, move it upwards and if the performance is still fine, let us know what fits your machine best, and if it's different, we may come back to you requesting some additional details about your particular hardware.

technique, it's also in your other screenshot.

ah, so it is, sorry

have just been looking through the database so far so all that I can talk about is the basic UI but I definitely like it even if I'd prefer a dark skin. Proper full screen on mac is great!

about to start now!!

I'll re download and if no joy will start thread there. Thanks.

Got it to work now, did loads of things at once (deleted any new files in the main steam folder since I installed) including restarting and reinstalling. Restarted again and then it ran first time. It may have been deleting the "clientregistry.blob" as i've had problems with that before in other games and deleting it always solved the issue.

Try and experiment with the Graphical Detail level, move it upwards and if the performance is still fine, let us know what fits your machine best, and if it's different, we may come back to you requesting some additional details about your particular hardware.

Thanks, tried a game on medium and it still played fine (using close cam). As I said, the graphics look great, so it's not a big issue I can't play it on very high this year.

• Administrators
As someone just pointed out in a new post, unless I'm missing it we can't see what the current wage bill is during an interview?

Sounds like it could be a bug, raise it on the bugs forum please. Thanks.

• SI Staff
I am trying to set my 3D settings to Recommended for this PC but it keeps changingf to high after I hot confirm

Recommended for PC this just recalculates the score for your PC. That is why is is setting it to High. It considers High right for your machine. Is this not working well for you?

how can i route the game to use my custom graphic files (faces etc)...... I can't find the option to specify the file location like in the previous versions.

Thanks in advance

in preferences you have this:

2mpdYgiTAAxeZgenr7nO.png

that specify's all folders for custom content...

so for instance... i just moved over my graphics folder to that location and adjusted the config files and voila

So.many.bugs.

I know this is not a bugthread, but I have to comment on the apparent return of and spawn of a huge number of bugs, I thought squashed in FM13. I can mention the widgets resetting in matches, errors with the panels in team view acting strange, this time when switching to 125% zoom and then clicking the autowidem on ex. teamposition, teams rejecting loan offers without explanation even though all demands are met...

The match engine seems off as well. The ice-capade is back and the are some strange rebounds off players in strange positions.

But I am only one match in, and this is a beta, so many of these annoyances will be gone come gold-time. All of them, I hope... for a change.

PS: Please stop writing you are downloading the game! This is for feedback, so stop being narcissistic.

• Administrators
So.many.bugs.

I know this is not a bugthread, but I have to comment on the apparent return of and spawn of a huge number of bugs, I thought squashed in FM13. I can mention the widgets resetting in matches, errors with the panels in team view acting strange, this time when switching to 125% zoom and then clicking the autowidem on ex. teamposition, teams rejecting loan offers without explanation even though all demands are met...

The match engine seems off as well. The ice-capade is back and the are some strange rebounds off players in strange positions.

But I am only one match in, and this is a beta, so many of these annoyances will be gone come gold-time. All of them, I hope... for a change.

PS: Please stop writing you are downloading the game! This is for feedback, so stop being narcissistic.

Please post any of your issues with examples in our Bugs Forum so we can look into them. Forum is here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/341-Football-Manager-2014-Pre-Release-Beta-Bugs-Forum

Thanks.

• Administrators
Has the option for the assistant manager to recommend potential loan players gone?

This needs to be done through the Transfer Targets screen now - you can ask your DOF (or if you have no DOF, ask your assistant) to suggest transfer targets. Thanks.

Archived