FM 2014 Pre-Release Beta - Official feedback thread.

Nothing to do with most people having 20"+ monitors that large blocks of white look a bit rubbish on, then.

Fair enough point that the forums don't represent the whole , it represents enough of a slice though, and you still choose to let 3rd parties sort the issue for you while you focus on more important things , like paid for In Game Editors.

The UI seems to be very functional this year , once the 3rd party skins are out it's going to be pretty awesome.

Didnt read this? http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363568-FM-2014-Pre-Release-Beta-Official-feedback-thread.?p=9088012&viewfull=1#post9088012

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is not feedback per se but I would like to ask a question that might be a deal maker for me to go out and buy the game

If you are losing a game or struggling to play well, has the assistants advice been improved so that you can actually tell what you've done wrong. I dont mean a "change this to win" exactly but is it more friendly for those of us who arent able to grasp advanced tactical concepts?

Can't get my middle mouse button to cause things to scroll... BOO!

Looks sexier for sure though. I'm stuck on the tactics screen trying to figure out what to do... Sliders being gone makes me go 'hmm'. Lots of chin stroking. Been there two hours, haven't actually started a game yet.

An oddity. No reserves or reserve leagues? Curious, maybe I missed the news that it's a u21 league but... hmm.

Having a cup of tea and some chocolate to mull over this tactic thing...

Im really liking the new tactic setup, feels very intuitive.

One question in regards to this:

When I set up team and specific role/player instructions, will these be saved when I save the overall tactic at the "Overview" tab, or will I have to set these up again if I import the tactic to a new game?

I think the teams in lower leagues play a bit too well. I enjoyed FM13 playing with players with lesser abillities which showed on the ME. A more rugged style of play, more messy. Seems to be a bit too fluid.

IMO you need to be able to see the difference between the top teams and the lower league teams in the ME.

Nothing to do with most people having 20"+ monitors that large blocks of white look a bit rubbish on, then.

Fair enough point that the forums don't represent the whole , it represents enough of a slice though, and you still choose to let 3rd parties sort the issue for you while you focus on more important things , like paid for In Game Editors.

The UI seems to be very functional this year , once the 3rd party skins are out it's going to be pretty awesome.

You're entitled to your point of view, but at the end of the day you're making an assumption there, regarding most people having 20"+ monitors, whereas we have extensive data to make informed decisions on the direction and evolution of many aspects and areas of the game.

We're comfortable with the decisions we make and that they are the right ones for us and the user base, and yes, we've enjoyed many of the skins over the years ourselves, some of us in the office even prefer to use the work done by those in the community and we want to see a vibrant modding community too and see that as a great thing. The three artists who work on skins here at SI were all cherry picked directly from the community as well.

I also lost a Star from my Graphic Performance. I had 5 stars in FM13 and now only 4. I tried the best resolution and the 3d game is running slow. will this change when the full version comes out?

I have a mac 2.5 Ghz Intel Core 5, 8 GB, 1333Mhz DDR3

We changed that side of things slightly so the graphics stars should be a better representation of your machine capabilities this year. What graphics card do you have?

Are salaries correct?? Does CR7 earns £575.000 per week i real life?!! Bale, Falcao £300.000??

The Bale and Falcao numbers seem possible, but £575k/wk seems ludicrous. That's like $50 million per year which is over 50% more than what the Yankees pay Alex Rodriguez.

To anyone lucky enough to be playing the game on the beta ( I wait for a box copy), is it more realistic when selling players? i.e the AI recognising players form and clubs finances, it's the one thing I hope they've fixed, thanx in advance :thup:

Just had a bug with my first Liverpool save. Just did my first media conference and, during it, clicked out on a player they were asking me about. I then went back, answered their questions and it hung on the final one. After clicking out and clicking into the media conference again, it said it was completed but I was unable to continue as it had an ! next to it, despite me not being able to respond. Had to go on holiday for a day to sort it.

You're entitled to your point of view, but at the end of the day you're making an assumption there, regarding most people having 20"+ monitors, whereas we have extensive data to make informed decisions on the direction and evolution of many aspects and areas of the game.

We're comfortable with the decisions we make and that they are the right ones for us and the user base, and yes, we've enjoyed many of the skins over the years ourselves, some of us in the office even prefer to use the work done by those in the community and we want to see a vibrant modding community too and see that as a great thing. The three artists who work on skins here at SI were all cherry picked directly from the community as well.

Surely a lot of people have 22" + 1080p screens these days?

Im running on a 27" at 2560x1440 and whilst I accept thats bigger than most it does mean the text is very spread out.

Overall impressed with what i've seen so far, UI is great and the game feels really smooth when going day to day. Only played one game but ME looks good although I have two anoyances so far, one is the text above the players heads in the ME is very difficult to read even on close cam and with my glasses on. Would also much prefer a dark skin, last years was great.

I'm quite particular about my in game widgets and where that are positioned. Every time you go to half time or finish a match and start your next game all the widgets have moved from where I placed them.

I always like to view the opposition formation in a widget. I set this when playing at home, next game away this widget had swapped to my formation.

Fantastic so far! Though I'm getting noticeable slowdowns whenever I try to access backroom advice. The game appears to hang for about half a minute (perhaps slightly less) before continuing on.

I have this issue too, although not quite as bad, it's only hanging for about 5-10 seconds when i try to access that page.

Still annoying though.

Daily Mail as a source?? You kill me. :D If they told me to expect monsoons and a nationwide deep freeze I'd pack only sunscreen. Seriously.

That aside, apart from the white only skin, I'm liking it so far. Sceptical about taking the plunge this time round, but so far, so impressed. Thanks.

• Administrators
Just had a bug with my first Liverpool save. Just did my first media conference and, during it, clicked out on a player they were asking me about. I then went back, answered their questions and it hung on the final one. After clicking out and clicking into the media conference again, it said it was completed but I was unable to continue as it had an ! next to it, despite me not being able to respond. Had to go on holiday for a day to sort it.

Can you please raise this on our bugs forum please? - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/341-Football-Manager-2014-Pre-Release-Beta-Bugs-Forum

Many thanks.

• Administrators
Not a bug, just an annoyance.

Playing matches I always have it ticked so I can see my players ratings, but it keeps changing to the other teams ratings at the start of each match.

Other than that, no issues (so far).

Yeah that's a known issue. Doesn't happen every match but agree it can be annoying. Thanks.

• Administrators
Has the option to display player attributes graphically (bar chart) been removed? I can't find it anywhere.

Yes it has. Caused a lot of issues with the design of the game and it was felt due to the limited number of people that used it, it has now been removed. Sorry about that.

I'm not sure if this is a fault, or if FM has reached a new level of realism: I'm Newcastle and I got a transfer budget of 8m. I sold Santon and Obertan for 19mil and then spent 15m on Rodrigo and Bertrand, slightly increasing my wage bill. I now have no money left to spend. Has Ashley just pocketed the 12mil, or is this a glitch?

My only complain so far is I am playing with Hearts who are in administration. My administrator in the game is accepting all offers including loans leaving me with a lack of players to fill my first team bench plus I'm continuing to pay the players wages which all seems pointless to me.

That is pretty staggering, but even if we accept the idea that he makes a net 288k/wk which before taxes is 575k/wk, that's in euros, not pounds. So assuming FM uses a semi-realistic conversion rate, it should only be about £480-490k/wk.

I'm not sure if this is a fault, or if FM has reached a new level of realism: I'm Newcastle and I got a transfer budget of 8m. I sold Santon and Obertan for 19mil and then spent 15m on Rodrigo and Bertrand, slightly increasing my wage bill. I now have no money left to spend. Has Ashley just pocketed the 12mil, or is this a glitch?

Could happen in other FMs, often you don`t get 100% of the transfer fee for yourself.

Lucky you got 7mil and Ashley didn`t pocket all of it.

• Administrators

If you check your finances it states '% of transfer revenue made available' - I'd imagine with Newcastle this wasn't 100%.

Also bear in mind some agent fees and player loyalty bonuses come out of your transfer budget. Thanks.

You usually don't get the full amount for a sale added back to your transfer budget.

• Administrators
I'm sure this may have been asked previously (apologies) but is it not possible to play the demo if you haven't pre-ordered it?

This isn't a demo, it's a pre-release beta, which yes can only be accessed if you've pre-ordered.

Details on the demo will be announced in due course, but normally it's released a few days prior to the official release of the game. Thanks.

Archived