FM 2014 Pre-Release Beta - Official feedback thread.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A minor issue, but the in game currency is based on US $ instead of the pound. When I went to change it int the preferences, it still said that my currency was in pounds, but the data on my players doesn't reflect that. Would this happen because I selected Canada as my nationality?

Is an issue with Steam. You need to update your client. Within Steam, go to the upper left hand corner of the Steam window, click "Steam" and then "Check for Steam client updates."

This should update your client. Once this is done you should be able to install and run the game. Let me know how you get on, thanks.

Mcafee was blocking connection to Steam for some Reason, anyway i Updated and everything is Fine, thanks.

Yep, as they are managed by a different staff member though they work a bit differently in game, so you won't have quite the same control over squad selection I'm afraid.

Yes, and that isn't the main issue. The main and serious problem is that B team work as an affiliated club, so if we want them to play for B team, we need to sent them to there every time and not just tick on "Available for B Squad". Furthermore, the players doesn't develop any attributes while playing for B teams.

Isn't possible to correct this? This is really annoying!

both it seems to many crosses are coming in

Won't argue with that. However, I don't think the number of crosses correlates with the number of headed goals, which look fine to me. The core issue is there are too many wild crosses. I think the ME would be a step better if crosses went down, but if headed goals stayed the same.

• Administrators
A minor issue, but the in game currency is based on US $ instead of the pound. When I went to change it int the preferences, it still said that my currency was in pounds, but the data on my players doesn't reflect that. Would this happen because I selected Canada as my nationality?

Can you post that here please; http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/350-User-Interface

• Administrators
Just a little thing, at the end of the match when the league table comes up, my team isnt highlighted in blue as it used to be and is just the same as the other teams. Just takes a bit longer to spot your teams position

If you're playing FMC this is a known issue and one we're looking into. Thanks for raising.

Yes, and that isn't the main issue. The main and serious problem is that B team work as an affiliated club, so if we want them to play for B team, we need to sent them to there every time and not just tick on "Available for B Squad". Furthermore, the players doesn't develop any attributes while playing for B teams.

Isn't possible to correct this? This is really annoying!

I think that the only way to rectify this is to create a new category of "teams". The ideal way is to have a mix of rules of "reserve squad" with "B team", a kind of "hybrid" from both situations.

You need to allow the relationship that exists in "Main Squad and Reserve Squad", regardling to the freely interaction and players exchange, and need to have the competition rules of "B Teams", that allow them to participate in professional leagues (second league of Portugal in this case), without being promoted or participate in the national and league cups (like it happens in Spain).

Do you understand what i'm saying?

Still in pre-season so far, but liking it so far.

3D matches looking very good so far and game is running very nicely with the same number of leagues/countries that I was running on FM13. Don't know if it's just me though, but when a player is dribbling with the ball it reminds me of that Harry Enfield sketch with the black and white Arsenal. :p

Won't argue with that. However, I don't think the number of crosses correlates with the number of headed goals, which look fine to me. The core issue is there are too many wild crosses. I think the ME would be a step better if crosses went down, but if headed goals stayed the same.

In my save (in January right now) i concede a lot of headed goals, mostly back post, whereas i've only scored two or three direct from a cross. I have seen a hec of a lot of wild, skewed crosses flying all over the place though, with a couple of them going in the net already. The opposition tend to force play down the flanks a lot, which probably doesn't help matters either, and maybe takes advantage of some poor fullback /positioning/closing down in the current build. The fullback issue isn't helping when it comes to defending those back post headers either.

Really liking the new UI, and the match engine seems fine too (for a beta) however on my game (mac) premier teams don't have a reserve team, just U21 and U18 like the national team - so that will need putting right.

But generally, really impressed. Now I just need to find a tactic that works well on FM14. :D

Really liking the new UI, and the match engine seems fine too (for a beta) however on my game (mac) premier teams don't have a reserve team, just U21 and U18 like the national team - so that will need putting right.

But generally, really impressed. Now I just need to find a tactic that works well on FM14. :D

That's how the Premier league is now

Hugely enjoying the beta, or at least my first 3 friendlies and a pair of signings. The UI is brilliant particularly the tactics side - clean, simple and effective. I have no confusion about what the roles do at all - the player instructions with the greyed out options make it very clear. The ability to zoom in 125% is such a crucial feature as well for my full HD 15" laptop.

Only bugs I've found so far, related to the UI:

- the match UI constantly forgets my positioning of every widget except the match stats one, and even maximizes/minimizes them at random.

- adding/adjusting columns of info for players in the pre-match selection screen is unworkable, because as soon as you try to resize one column to make things fit better, all hell breaks loose and you cannot make it go back to where it was. It was already dodgy in FM13 but it looks like it's worse. Not sure if it's related to the 125% zoom thing.

Those are just 2 minor annoyances and do not ruin the game. Admitedly this is early days and I may find glaring game-breaking bugs yet, not so far.

• Administrators
Just something with Rangers you cannot play Nicky Law and Jon Daly as trailists which they did in real life

Can you post that in here please?: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363246-Scotland-(Official)-League-Specific-Issues

• Administrators
Hugely enjoying the beta, or at least my first 3 friendlies and a pair of signings. The UI is brilliant particularly the tactics side - clean, simple and effective. I have no confusion about what the roles do at all - the player instructions with the greyed out options make it very clear. The ability to zoom in 125% is such a crucial feature as well for my full HD 15" laptop.

Only bugs I've found so far, related to the UI:

- the match UI constantly forgets my positioning of every widget except the match stats one, and even maximizes/minimizes them at random.

- adding/adjusting columns of info for players in the pre-match selection screen is unworkable, because as soon as you try to resize one column to make things fit better, all hell breaks loose and you cannot make it go back to where it was. It was already dodgy in FM13 but it looks like it's worse. Not sure if it's related to the 125% zoom thing.

Those are just 2 minor annoyances and do not ruin the game. Admitedly this is early days and I may find glaring game-breaking bugs yet, not so far.

We're aware of these issues with the widgets and the column resiznig and are currently reviewing them to be fixed.

Thanks for raising.

Absolutely loving it so far, especially the slider-less tactics. Great work!

Seconded. The increased range of instructions, with conflicts made clear, is very much a step in the right direction.

The job interview thing is a nice little feature, too. Though, being interviewed for the Stockport job, this happened:

Stockport_BoardroomBoardMeeting_zps59468b34.png

In real life, the Premier League doesn't have "Reserve" teams anymore.

Used the search option but didn't see anything related, so sorry if this has been brought up already.

Player names on the pitch is not easily readable. Depending on the pitch color, the chosen font and coloring is not suitable even in my 24" screen. Here's what I talk about:

http://i42.tinypic.com/2mcdmvm.png

Edit: URL doesn't show the in-game size, of course, but it's not any better even when it's in its original size.

• Administrators
Used the search option but didn't see anything related, so sorry if this has been brought up already.

Player names on the pitch is not easily readable. Depending on the pitch color, the chosen font and coloring is not suitable even in my 24" screen. Here's what I talk about:

http://i42.tinypic.com/2mcdmvm.png

Edit: URL doesn't show the in-game size, of course, but it's not any better even when it's in its original size.

Is it just a case in that camera option?

Are you using a zoom option at all?

I really like the look of the new game, but on top of those which have been addressed above (the need to sort every time I return to a team page & mu team name not being highlighted in fixture lists, league tables etc) I have a couple of other issues.

1) When I select a filter from the team selection menu (to include reserves etc), I can no longer scroll with the filter page open. This means having to click out of the filter and back in, which is a bit annoying.

2) If I play a match with just text commentary, my team line-up is now included on the left hand panel if I'm at home and the right hand panel if I'm the away team. In FM13 my team line-up was always on the left-hand panel, which was more intuitive in terms of not having to change where you looked depending on whether you were home or away. I can't see an option to fix that.

The World Cup qualification groups are different than they where at the start of the season, Scotland are top of Group A

We cannot include real life results from the past due to legal issues.

Cheers.

Is it just a case in that camera option?

Are you using a zoom option at all?

Hi Lucas,

Really appreciate you're awake and listening to the community at this hour :)

The camera option I use is "Main Stand" (I guess it's the English name for it, I play the game in Norwegian). No, I'm not using any zoom option. Of course as the camera comes closer it gets easier to read. But I think it's more of a coloring/shading issue than distance.

Here is another screenshot from a different game with less issue:

http://tinypic.com/r/mkbps9/5

As you see when the pitch color is brighter (http://i42.tinypic.com/2mcdmvm.png) and if the game is played in bright daylight, the names become harder to read.

Edit: Just noticed that the player names font doesn't get any bigger/smaller with different camera angles.

One last screenshot from a different angle: http://oi39.tinypic.com/rwo3uc.jpg

The player who has the ball is called Bojkovsky, I think. And the Monaco player who's closest to his own goal must be Borja.

They can't use real fixtures/results apparently, so it's randomised each time you start a new game I think.

Edit: Stu Ninja'd me... ;_;

I thought that but when Scotland, and Northern Ireland top there group it is a bit weird, You could set up a fake set of results to broadly match the tables

• Administrators
Hi Lucas,

Really appreciate you're awake and listening to the community at this hour :)

The camera option I use is "Main Stand" (I guess it's the English name for it, I play the game in Norwegian). No, I'm not using any zoom option. Of course as the camera comes closer it gets easier to read. But I think it's more of a coloring/shading issue than distance.

Here is another screenshot from a different game with less issue:

http://tinypic.com/r/mkbps9/5

As you see when the pitch color is brighter (http://i42.tinypic.com/2mcdmvm.png) and if the game is played in bright daylight, the names become harder to read.

Can you raise the issue here please? - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/347-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

Thanks.

Come on... Daniel Sturridge, 14 finishing, 13 composure? Come on... No one at SI seen him play over the last 10 months? And Papiss Cisse got 20 finishing for 5 months of playing just as well... Come on, don't take the ****. I'll forgive the complete lack of control I feel with the sliders being replaced by vague roles, tactics and instructions if you just rectify this one issue. And Suarez? How many goals does a player have to score in a season to get more than 15 finishing? And Jordan Henderson... how many miles does the lad have to run to get higher determination and work rate? It's like none of the attributes have been updated at all.

I thought that but when Scotland, and Northern Ireland top there group it is a bit weird, You could set up a fake set of results to broadly match the tables

If the randomization of this is a bit too far fetched feel free to raise it here as a bug: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/351-All-Other-Issues

Cheers.

• Administrators
Come on... Daniel Sturridge, 14 finishing, 13 composure? Come on... No one at SI seen him play over the last 10 months? And Papiss Cisse got 20 finishing for 5 months of playing just as well... Come on, don't take the ****. I'll forgive the complete lack of control I feel with the sliders being replaced by vague roles, tactics and instructions if you just rectify this one issue. And Suarez? How many goals does a player have to score in a season to get more than 15 finishing? And Jordan Henderson... how many miles does the lad have to run to get higher determination and work rate? It's like none of the attributes have been updated at all.

If you have strong objective evidence of a data issue then please raise in the data forum: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/356-Football-Manager-2014-Data-Issues

Thanks

Love the game so far BUT:

The widget that I choose are not saved for the next game.

The defence still cant press or do any reasonable tacle when the opposition are going for gol.

I am loving the new layout but the add tattics button on top of that is a sore eyes really make it smaller.

BIG improvement from 2013.

Archived