Internet memes - Football Manager Edition!

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

32264859.jpg

:o

I had this happen to me once... went to a friend's bachelor party, came home and decided to play some FM. I was amazed that I was finding all these cheap players with such amazing stats. Then I woke up the next morning and realised that I was seeing 1s in front of stats that weren't really there. 4 pace, 4 acc, etc. :o

32265686.jpg

The number of times this used to happen to me in the older FMs... especially when the other club was in Ligue 1 for some reason. Just before the January transfer window some mid-table Ligue 1 club would lowball me an offer for a player. I'd reject the offer and the player would throw a fit.

32266028.jpg

I couldn't decide whether to use scumbag steve or this kid for that one lol. The 18 y/o keeper I loaned out went on an absolute tear and started putting out clean sheet after clean sheet (in League 2 no less!) I realised the loan had been a freebie,recalled him and put him in the first team. :o

32203686.jpg

I had that with the chairman for Oxford in fm 2007! I took them over when they were in what is now the Blue Square Premier and was told essentially "no no we're far too big a club to have a parent club". Um... our seats are half empty every match, our wage budget is crap and we owe money. How about swallowing that pride and getting us some money?! hehe

Archived