FMC Wishlist Thread #1

• Administrators

Got ideas for Football Manager Classic in future versions? Even think you miss something in FMC that's in FM and want to let us know about it?

Then post in here!

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please make it so we can add more countries/leagues.

3 leagues is boring.

I know the point of it is to make FMC faster, but some people like me we got a fast PC and rather have a bit longer loading times and have more leagues.

Or make it a option in preferences with "Add 6/9/12 leagues to FMC instead of 3".

• Administrators

We're always looking for ways to improve, even if it meant just improving current areas in FMC, rather than adding extra features (or 'bloat', depending on your perspective). It will still be very useful to gather ideas on improving the FMC experience going forward, and we'd love to hear your ideas. That's not to say anything 'new' wouldn't be added either, it would all be discussed and decided when planning future versions.

Please make it so we can add more countries/leagues.

3 leagues is boring.

I know the point of it is to make FMC faster, but some people like me we got a fast PC and rather have a bit longer loading times and have more leagues.

Or make it a option in preferences with "Add 6/9/12 leagues to FMC instead of 3".

Rather than that, maybe the 'Game Speed star rating' while creating a full FM Career could be used while setting up a FMC savegame, but possibly restricting it to a 3 or 4 star rating, in order to ensure it's going to be fast

I have the feeling contracts should be simplified, too... maybe up to the level they were before FM11 (But 'real-time', much like agents do now)

The Player Attributes screen should be in FMC... or the Profile Screen could show which attributes have improved or decreased. As of now, we can only see through Reports which attribute has increased or decreased the most

Something else that could be simplified (Or made easier) is setting up player roles on tactics. There could be an option to have the Assistant Manager set up the best roles for your starting eleven automatically, but there could be the option to do that manually, if one desires. This option could also be available in the Full FM mode

I'd definitely like to see basic team talks added.

And scouting is a bit too simple for me. I'd rather be able to give the scouting team some instructions about what to look for and where.

You can set up the Known Talent and New Talent searched with conditions like look for strikers or players under 21.

You have no control about where they go for the New talent search, they'll go to the highest reputation nation in your scouting range that they don't have 100% knowledge of.

On the Split screen during the match, being able to split one of the side panels in two. I'd like to have my team stats on the left, and then on the right have the match overview + match stats (and the right side being the one to show key highlights).

Team talks would also be good and being able to give a team talk just before instant result which would match the style/approach for the win.

I would prefer it if the player attributes didn't have boxes around them - makes it hard to distinguish standout (good or bad) stats.

Also would prefer to be able to have the option to remove leagues from loaded nations instead of loading every single league.

Apart from that - Love FMC!

• Administrators
my wish would be to bring back to madeira as unlockable superstar note: unlock to madeira by signing a player worth £100million or purchase for £4.99 :)

Not Ton Ton? ;)

For me, classic goes back to the days of real players being regenerated. I used to love trying to find the next Zidane etc when he retired and hence why I love the handheld version as that does precisely that. I thought this would be a bigger & better PC version of the handheld with players coming back but with different names, but alas the regens are fresh. I was really looking forward to playing it for a bit of nostalgia trying to find Steven Gerrard's 16-year old reincarnation so I'd love a regen option tick-box to allow current players to be regened.

1) Wish we can choose which options (on/off) to manage our-self (such as training, manage team talk, handle media, player interaction, etc)..

2) Wish we can buy to scout the hidden attribute.

3) Wish to have option to search player which is only newly regen...

4) Watching the highlight of the game while the auto match plans is active...

A couple off the top of my head having just played for a bit last night:

1) Perhaps it is illogical to want to play a simplified version of FM but play in the MLS :) but that is what I tried to do last night and found that the MLS in FMC seemed to lose most of its flavor because things like player trading/DP contracts/ etc. were all gone. It basically seemed to operate as a "normal" world league where you just got a transfer/wage budget and signed players from other teams for transfer fees. It would be nice to simplify some of the rules while still maintaining the things that make the MLS unique. I would imagine the same is probably true for the A-league (is that in the game?) but I didn't try it.

2) In "normal" FM we can raise a players Determination attribute through tutoring but so far as I can tell there is no tutoring in FMC. So does this attribute ever change? Some sort of simplified tutoring feature for altering player personality/PPMs might be nice. Think a simple drop-down menu or setting on the "training" page for "Tutor".

3) Even if we can't affect it, it would be nice to be able to SEE the U18/U21 squad. I see you have access to the Senior and Reserve Squads - what happens to the U18 players? Are they removed from the game or do they just progress as normal and "show up" one day in your reserve squad? I don't see a reason why we can't still have the U18/21 squads with the same simplified FMC squad management, with the option to give your AM or DOF full reign over these squads if you can't be bothered.

Please let us choose which players we want to load, same as "main" game does. I don't mind 3 league limit, but custom database would be great.

Please let us use classic tactics in FMC, or at least give us an option to convert classic to TC.

Basically only two things I'd like to see added.

Close to perfect for me, a couple of minor things that I think would make a nice positive change.

1. Ability to use Editor / database changes files.

2. Tutoring, or a slightly developed training module.

Please no team talks or press conferences, it's near perfect now...

Maybe this is in somehow and I just haven't been clever enough to figure it out, but I'd love to at least be able to train a player in a new position.

Is there any way to develop a players position? For instance, I have an awesome AMC who would be great as a DPL but he's only natural at AMC, he's competent I believe in MC. Will just constantly playing him at MC develop him there?

I'd definitely like to see basic team talks added.

And scouting is a bit too simple for me. I'd rather be able to give the scouting team some instructions about what to look for and where.

Surely any kind of team talks would be a problems. In FMC mosts surely would not want them and as in FFFM Ass Man delegation causes issues that non existance overcomes. Please, no team talks.

I would prefer it if the player attributes didn't have boxes around them - makes it hard to distinguish standout (good or bad) stats.

Also would prefer to be able to have the option to remove leagues from loaded nations instead of loading every single league.

Apart from that - Love FMC!

It must be a personal choice thing but I love the attribute boxes! However for un-scouted (blank) attributes I believe a different neutral colour should be used. At present when I glance at unscouted players I perceive the unknown stats as "poor" at a glance whereas they could when scouted be low or high or in between.

I see the AFCW Fans stadium photo has sneaked into the game. Am loving the "News screen graphics" but please more or the same (cannot believe if AFCW's stadium pics can be included that it is impossible for others to be added - surely not all are locked in image rights issues?, and if they are then surely an extrenal view cannot be image protected? At least lets have more images of floodlights, stanchions & nets etc.

Please can we have more detailed financial reporting. To properly plan expediture on salaries it is essential in my FM world to at least know accurate monthly profit/loss/turnover figs. And the new "financial projections" (in FFFM) is something I really regret not being able to use as FMC is my choice of preference. I know SI perceive the accounts as "fluff" in terms of FMC but really it is not, it is essential and it can easily be ignored by the fans of minimalism.

It must be a personal choice thing but I love the attribute boxes! However for un-scouted (blank) attributes I believe a different neutral colour should be used. At present when I glance at unscouted players I perceive the unknown stats as "poor" at a glance whereas they could when scouted be low or high or in between.

Completely agree with this....

One thing I would like to see added is an option to "proceed to the next match" at the click of just one button (perhaps right clicking on the continue button) because at times mid season you have to click continue several times when in reality not alot has really happened that warrants you having to click continue again.

I would also like to see a more detailed breakdown of the finances as others have highlighted above. It's nice to know where the money is coming from and going to, even if you do have limited control over most of it. Whilst I'm sure most football managers don't spend all night analysing their clubs financial performance it is a quick way of adding to the immersion for the sake of one screen.

The main things I would like to see added are basic team-talks and improved scouting (choosing what countries / leagues to scout etc).

Also is there a way to ask to get your club an affiliated club? If not then I would like to see this, it was useful. Can't find an option to ask the board so do they do it themselves after a while or not at all?

FMC is great...havn't got into a career like this since FM07.

I see the AFCW Fans stadium photo has sneaked into the game. Am loving the "News screen graphics" but please more or the same (cannot believe if AFCW's stadium pics can be included that it is impossible for others to be added - surely not all are locked in image rights issues?, and if they are then surely an extrenal view cannot be image protected? At least lets have more images of floodlights, stanchions & nets etc.

The stadium pics are customisable, I'll be posting up a big (well only 140mb) pack tomorrow in the skinning hideout for anyone who's interested.

The main things I would like to see added are basic team-talks and improved scouting (choosing what countries / leagues to scout etc).

Also is there a way to ask to get your club an affiliated club? If not then I would like to see this, it was useful. Can't find an option to ask the board so do they do it themselves after a while or not at all?

FMC is great...havn't got into a career like this since FM07.

Just finished my first season and the board have got us a feeder club.. guess that answers my question :thup:

I would like a bit of flexibility in the number of leagues you can have.

In my game I've gone for England, Spain and Italy, this is a total of 13 leagues.

I would like to have say up to 5 nations but choose what leagues to have like the full game.

If my nations were England, Spain, Italy, Germany and France and I had the top 4 leagues in England, top 3 in Spain and top 2 in the others this still comes to 13 leagues playable.

Surely regardless of the fact I've now got 5 nations instead of 3 both with 13 leagues playable the speed should still be the same?

If yes then why restrict us to 3 nations why not a maximum amount of leagues instead?

Being able to choose whatever leagues and nations I want to play!!! Not stick to only 3!!! Really, this is the main reason I am still not playing FM this year once again.

I would not mind to have BASIC team talks if that can help work out the motivation of the players.

But I think we should behave more like a real coach. The coach should not have the duties of buying players and offer/renew contracts. The coach should have the staff doing that duties for him, giving him options and ultimately the coach will accept or reject and he will also indicate to the staff/board what players he would like to buy/loan, to keep or to sell/loan.

I think playing FM should be more like a simulation of a real coach (obviously without all the details as in the real life because that is just not possible, nor make sense in a recreational game!). In FM today the player behaves like the president/manager/director/coach, taking all the decisions and that just adds time wasting and takes out some of the fun that I believe we would have if we didn't have those duties, just like a real coach does not have in real life.

I would like to see better 3d engine - graphics and mostly players AI. I am a little bit disappointed about what I saw in the demo.

FMC mode for me is the right direction to convince me buy this game eventually. At some point I liked FM (FM10 was the last I played) because of the simulation it tries to bring into the game, but it just got to a point where I feel overwhelmed about what I need to take care as a coach, which does not even happen in real life.

Edit: Forgot to mention: REMOVE THE UNLOCKABLES. That is just noob, and it does not make any sense, it is like allowing people to cheat!! REMOVE IT. If you guys want, you can add achievements, but please remove those stupid UNLOCKABLES. I am waiting for FM14 now. :)

I agree about taking the unlockable thing away.

I've been playing the game since the original was released on the Amiga in 1992 and pretty much every version after that. I stopped buying it because it became so time consuming and so difficult with team talks and the intense training. So the classic feature has brought me back to the game and have to say I've fallen in love with the game again and spent allot of time this weekend playing it.

2 features I think would improve this version of the game would be the ability to praise players and unsettle them at other clubs as well as praising your own players . Second feature for me would be the ability to have more than 1 staff member for scouting and allowing you to have more assignments. I always used to love scouting for unknowns and young players and spend allot if time scouting but it seems limited in this version of the game.

However despite this I think the latest version of the game is probably the best since 00/01

One thing that annoys me a lot in both this and FM, is that when you use auto continue it marks the current news item dispalying as read, so if you leave it to go from one match to another it often means there are quite a few news items that have been marked as read that haven't been, so i have to go and the report of my last game and work my way up from them. maybe this needs bringing up in the FM forum though/

in addition to fixing that:

more league options, in terms of how far down divisions wise and selecting more than 3 countries.

ability to block transfers in the first window as in FM

more finacial information, on the level of what was in CM01/02, 03/04

a bit more scouting options, it appears I can't even choose what country to send my guy too? might be wrong on that but i couldn't figure it out

in the full version you can see analysis screens after a game and it shows you your team or individuals passes/shots etc, this would be great in FMC, and doesn't affect anything for those taht wouldn't want to use it.

retrain position for players, as opposed to just playing them there and hoping they change over eventually.

First of all a huge thumps up for FMC. It was the reason for me to buy the game and it did not disappoint. Im in my 5th season and right now in top10 of the leaderboard ^^.

There are a few things i would like to see. There are several places in the game where i think there could be added information availible for the player, as long as it does not require attention form the player. People might have different opinions about what they would like to see but here are what information i miss, that do not require players to look at them

Youth Squad - No options avalible just so that you can se the players

Finansial information - As other have mentioned its nice to see from where money come and where they go. Still no actions required from the player

Uefa koeificients for both teams and country - Its just information, you can look at them or you may not

On a sidenote i cant see any reason why the instant result option is not avalible in the full FM. Sooo many times you just want to skip the match and get on with the game.

a bit more scouting options, it appears I can't even choose what country to send my guy too? might be wrong on that but i couldn't figure it out.

Yeah I noticed this too... does anybody know the answer to this? My scout seems to insist on scouting countries that I don't have "loaded" in the game such as France and Holland so I would expect this is going to affect the results... :p

I rarely post, but feel compelled to regarding FMC. Its a great addition, but I feel in some aspects it has been stripped back too far. I would advise putting the following in next time or with a patch?

Database size & league options - give us the full range of database options and league settings as in the full version. Let the player decide what is best for his/her game

Scouting - let the player decide where to send scouts, even if its only regions

As has been mentioned above, there is no need to cut out information that doesnt need any actions on it. What most people(who wanted this version) wanted to see the back of were the excessive media interaction, the detailed and complex training and the massively detailed match experience. On the whole this is back to how it was about 10 years ago which in many peoples eyes is when the series was at its best(CM99/00 through to FM05 were the heyday in my opinion) But I think scouting and league/database options have been stripped back a little bit too far

Have to agree with Owl83. I have been playing FMC since the beta and am so glad to see the back of the excessive media interaction and teamtalks. On top of that i'm glad to see the back of the match prep. The new normal FM training sounds (i havent tried it yet) to be actually sufficiently stripped back for me. FMC training is pretty much non existant.

I would like to be able to choose database size, where to send scouts, and maybe choose more scouts/coaches for my backroom staff. Also want a say in affiliate/feeder clubs - as loans are so important.

So overall i'm very much enjoying it - think it just needs a little more.

I would agree with what many have said regarding reintroducing the following: 1. A bit more financial info2. Choice of db size and number of nations3. Tutoring (but a more simplified approach)4. Retraining positions (hadn't realised this wasn't in)5. A bit more control over scouting locationI disagree with reintroducing anything like team talks and press conferences and also the painful private chats. (Apologies for lack of formatting, for some reason it gets lost when I post from my phone)

Apart from more leagues I would like to see more emphasis on Text only commentary. I dont have time for highlights many times I play. I know text only is there already but its down the bottom and hard to read at times. I would prefer it in the middle of the screen like the old CM games.

Also, if I'm being honest i'd prefer FMC to be a full stand alone game, not some Football Manager appendix. I'd pay £15-£20 for a standalone FMC.

The abilty to save Touchline Shouts would be nice rather than having to manually select them once the match has started

Yeah, this. I want my players to 'play through defence' by default and it seems a bit strange that I'd only tell them to once we've kicked off!

I would like to be able to employ a full coaching staff again and assign them to different training areas. I used to load my schedules and hire coaches when I first joined a club and then rarely do anything with them after that, so it didn't take up much time. The current system in FMC is good for people who just want to let their pre-existing scout, physio and youth director just get on with it, though.

I wouldn't recommend adding many new features to FMC, though. The experience is quite slick now and the game plays much faster. SI should focus on refining that without sacrificing too much depth. If we just start adding features to FMC, it'll lose its audience within a few versions.

I'd like to be able to see whether attributes are increasing as you could in FM12, and presumably in FM13 full fat.

Would also like to be able see more stats; as yet I haven't been able to find heat maps for passing, assist location maps etc. and I consider them critical tools for developing a tactic.

Archived