No dark skin confirmed

Miles just tweeted there will be no dark skin. What a shocking decision this is, I personally can't use the white skin as it gives me migraines. I'm sure many other people will be equality disappointed with this news. Guess I'm gonna have to wait for a new skin. Poor decision si!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Miles just tweeted there will be no dark skin. What a shocking decision this is, I personally can't use the white skin as it gives me migraines. I'm sure many other people will be equality disappointed with this news. Guess I'm gonna have to wait for a new skin. Poor decision si!

Agreed, there goes my background pics as if its the same type of white skin as FM12 I couldnt read alot of the text

Well, it's a new design, so maybe it won't have quite the lack of contrast as the last few bright skins. I think it looks a tad better in this regard actually, judging by the screenshots. I assume you're okay browsing Google, this forum, and such that are also white? Give the demo a go I guess. See how it works out for you.

QUOTE=Scab;8152100]Well, a new design, so maybe it won't have quite the lack of contrast as the last few bright skins. I think it looks a tad better in this regard actually, judging by the screenshots. I assume you're okay browsing Google, this forum, and such that are also white? Give the demo a go I guess. See how it works out for you.

Browsing is fine, sitting in front of it for 4 hrs impossible. Clearly I'm going to buy it but will have to wait for someone to make a dark skin.

There are other ways to help until SI either relent and give those of us with sensitive eyes a dark skin or some one makes a darker skin.

I use a program called F.lux that mutes the brightness and can be set so the brightness is muted more at night then during the day. I started using it a year or two agao, partly because there wasn't a dark skin in FM at the time (SI soon released one IIRC) and they made changes to the forum so it was even brighter then the FM skin.

What a bizarre decision to leave out the dark skin. It's forgivable due to the fact the community will produce umpteen versions of darker skins but I still find it really odd that SI chose to omit it. As a colourblind person I find the white skin very hard to deal with and found the dark skin far more accessible. Very strange.

• Administrators

The skin and layout has changed this version, the 'white' factor isn't a prevalent due to the way the GUI and backgrounds have been modified. Bear in mind a lot of work has gone into the FMC skin so there just wasn't time to do another skin on top of that.

Well, it's a new design, so maybe it won't have quite the lack of contrast as the last few bright skins. I think it looks a tad better in this regard actually, judging by the screenshots. I assume you're okay browsing Google, this forum, and such that are also white? Give the demo a go I guess. See how it works out for you.

It looks better than before, but then i found the FM12 painfully unusable for sustained use, will give it a go in the demo though . Can't say I'm not pretty disappointed, but on the bright side there are some fantastic skin makers out there and a good dark one will pop up pretty soon.

The skin and layout has changed this version, the 'white' factor isn't a prevalent due to the way the GUI and backgrounds have been modified. Bear in mind a lot of work has gone into the FMC skin so there just wasn't time to do another skin on top of that.

are you serious? no one is asking for another skin, we want the same skin in a different color. surely that shouldnt take more than a weeks work for someone who is an expert at such stuff.

Surely it wouldn't be difficult to hire an extra person who is capable of changing the colours of a skin. I once threw a skin together for FM and it took a few days of altering graphics in Photoshop and editing an XML file

shocking decision.. fm has always looked better in a dark skin.. that said, I think many people are overreacting.. Talking about headaches and such.. sure this might be the case for some, but ffs thousands og webpages are a bright white and yet I havent heard of a riot against the white internet, yet with FM its almost unplayable for some as it has some bright colors? give me a break..

And it'll just be a matter of days before someone in the community creates a dark skin for FM so just relax guys.. this isnt the end of the world (although I think this is a bad decision as my impression is that MANY people prefer the dark skin)

Just tweeted again and told me to turn down my monitor brightness! Great work si!

dude.. you stated that you got migraines from the brightness... then you should turn down the brightness,.. its actually a good advice.. you're just looking for things to complain about.. stop acting like a child

dude.. you stated that you got migraines from the brightness... then you should turn down the brightness,.. its actually a good advice.. you're just looking for things to complain about.. stop acting like a child

Dude, you have no idea what you're talking about!

Seems crazy that they have all these planning meetings about new features etc but at a whim of "we ran out of time" ditch one of the more popular "new features" from previous years. Sometimes I find it hard to defend SI when the moaners are banging on about DLC and poor AI = SI going in the wrong direction, when they do something like this. I hope the new GUI does make white the acceptable new black.

Seems crazy that they have all these planning meetings about new features etc but at a whim of "we ran out of time" ditch one of the more popular "new features" from previous years. Sometimes I find it hard to defend SI when the moaners are banging on about DLC and poor AI = SI going in the wrong direction, when they do something like this. I hope the new GUI does make white the acceptable new black.

900 new features.....the removal of the dark skin is clearly one of those.

What a bizarre decision to leave out the dark skin. It's forgivable due to the fact the community will produce umpteen versions of darker skins but I still find it really odd that SI chose to omit it. As a colourblind person I find the white skin very hard to deal with and found the dark skin far more accessible. Very strange.

I'm also colourblind and found the light skin very difficult to use. The assman/scouting stars were very difficult for me to see and there was no function for changing those colours like there is for players positions. Hoping there are some new skins released by the community very soon after release.

A bit disappointing, yes, but I'll give the new UI/skin a chance before making any strong complaints. Like many here, I find the default skin induces considerable eye-strain and have always played with the dark skin. If there isn't a good community developed option, then at least there are some ability to tweak the default background colours for different elements in preferences. (Current in-game skin preferences only have options for foreground text).

shocking decision.. fm has always looked better in a dark skin.. that said, I think many people are overreacting.. Talking about headaches and such.. sure this might be the case for some, but ffs thousands og webpages are a bright white and yet I havent heard of a riot against the white internet, yet with FM its almost unplayable for some as it has some bright colors? give me a break..

And it'll just be a matter of days before someone in the community creates a dark skin for FM so just relax guys.. this isnt the end of the world (although I think this is a bad decision as my impression is that MANY people prefer the dark skin)

You don't adjust the brightness for every game, though. It should be comfortable on the eyes for the default settings.

The default brightness for everyone's monitors results in a skin that is too bright for some in Football Manager. Is that not a concern?

We're talking headaches and issues for colour-blind people here - these are not "looking for things to complain about". Things these are rare (look at the incidence of colour-blindness) but definitely exist. The text and background gave people headaches for FM12, which is why they are annoyed this year. It's not so much seeking complaints as annoyance at being ignored.

It's good that you don't experience these problems, but other people do.

Archived