35% off FM13 pre-order- extended offer :)

Ackter

NOTE: Original code expired, new code included:

Hi All,

The good folks over at greenmangaming are running a limited time offer for pre-purchasing Football Manager 13.

The first 500 people to redeem the code GMGFM-C7BEY-U0PMY when pre-purchasing FM13 will get 35% off the current price.

The link can be found here: www.greenmangaming.com/football-manager-2013/

Note: Game cannot be sold to the following countries due to external restrictions: China, Hong Kong, North Korea, Taiwan, Germany

Enjoy! :)

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but hey.. boxes are cool :)

My wife would disagree.

I have bags and bags of old games sitting in the attic which she often complains about and God forbid she stubs her toe against them.

All my games from the last few years are all on Steam,makes life that little bit easier ;)

And would we have to download it from that site and not steam as there is a download buttong?!

From their FAQ:

STEAM is Valves client, you can activate Steam keys purchased on Green Man Gaming within the Steam client. http://store.steampowered.com.

3. Run the Steam client software and log in with your Steam account details.

4. In the bottom left hand corner of the client is a "+ Add a game..." button. Click it.

5. Select "Activate a product on Steam".

6. Paste in the product activation key.

7. After a couple of minutes Steam will authenticate the code.

8. Click on "Library". You should see you game in the Library.

9. Click on your game to start downloading it.

Got it, much appreciated Ackter. :)

Exactly :D

And I dunno if I can be bothered to wait for it to download. That sounds even more painful when your itching to get started!

With Steam locking the game until release date, there isn't a real difference in when you get to start playing between a boxed copy and a digital copy.

Got it, much appreciated Ackter. :)

With Steam locking the game until release date, there isn't a real difference in when you get to start playing between a boxed copy and a digital copy.

I don't know if they will do it with FM13 but with some big game releases Steam allows a pre-download so your game is ready to play the minute it releases.

In these cases people are actually quicker using the download as you are playing straight at the release rather than having to wait for the disk and then install the game.

Of course this is pretty petty and does not exactly save you days and days,although it is nice to have the game already downloaded and ready to go around a week before release so hopefully they may allow this and companies like GmG release the codes quicker,doubtful though.

Aww its only a download. Think I want the actual box!

I did the same thing thinking I would get a box since I prefer to have a disk. Unfortunately I couldn't find an option to cancel the order. Never mind since I doubt you'd be able to find an offer that includes the disk for less than £20. Just this once I'll accept a download only game.

I did the same thing thinking I would get a box since I prefer to have a disk. Unfortunately I couldn't find an option to cancel the order. Never mind since I doubt you'd be able to find an offer that includes the disk for less than £20. Just this once I'll accept a download only game.

Welcome to the 21st century :D You can open a support ticket and cancel it, but I wouldn't, the box/disc is useless.

I've registered on Green Man Gaming just to get this offer (I like boxes too, I'm a sentimental old fool).

It won't accept any payment method though - I've tried PayPal, two bank cards and a friend's card. Just says "please contact your payment provider".

Is this because the voucher has expired? In which case, should it not just... Reject the code?

Help...

I've registered on Green Man Gaming just to get this offer (I like boxes too, I'm a sentimental old fool).

It won't accept any payment method though - I've tried PayPal, two bank cards and a friend's card. Just says "please contact your payment provider".

Is this because the voucher has expired? In which case, should it not just... Reject the code?

Help...

Nah the code is still active, it's most likely a problem with some of your details. If you raise a support ticket they'll look into it for you.

Welcome to the 21st century :D You can open a support ticket and cancel it, but I wouldn't, the box/disc is useless.

I guess I am a bit old fashioned. I am over 40 after all :lol: Anyway I suppose not having a disk means less clutter on the desk

Thanks Ackter for that code, much appreciated! Unfortunately i had the Order not complete error also but i think thats an issue with GmG so have raised a ticket with them. I know they have had issues in the past with that.

Anyway, thanks again, very good of you! Excited now :)

I went through the support ticket process and within ten minutes they'd reset my account, which magically enabled me to pay using my PayPal account first time of trying.

WOOHOO! Thank you Ackter, I was looking forward to the game as it was but I'm looking forward to it that little bit extra now!

would have gotten it too at this price but don't want a PC download... have the box of every game since forever, I'm not letting technology ruin my wall of FM :)

P.S: I hope they won't let PC downloads be the only means of acquiring the game. Some people don't have decent internet connections

Anyone know if you will still be able to pre-download the game a couple of days early, to be ready to play at once the steam unlocks the game, if you pre-purchase it from GMG? How quick are they to give the activation key?

Archived