*Official* Football Manager 2013 Announced!

I wish I knew what these meaningless "video game" releases had to do with FM.......I guess I'm not a "gamer" and do not understand the ramifications of video games being released at the same time as FM. FM is a completely different animal in my opinion. I could care less what movie , video game, community ritual or religious holiday occurs during the release of FM since it is about FM and nothing else.

So SI....please release as soon as we're ready as I am looking forward to FM13!!

I'm guessing he's talking about people not wanting / being able to to spend money on 2-3 big game titles at once and if FM came around the same time people would choose Halo and Black Ops before FM..

For me there is only ONE big yearly release.. You guessed it.. FM :)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wish I knew what these meaningless "video game" releases had to do with FM.......I guess I'm not a "gamer" and do not understand the ramifications of video games being released at the same time as FM. FM is a completely different animal in my opinion. I could care less what movie , video game, community ritual or religious holiday occurs during the release of FM since it is about FM and nothing else.

So SI....please release as soon as we're ready as I am looking forward to FM13!!

This time of year is a tough time for gamers.

You find yourself in the situation where you have the balancing act of what games to buy and how you're going to find the free time to play them all.

It becomes even worse when you literally have a AAA game released each week.

FM is no different. It is a video game.

So you have a difficult decision to make if you own a PC + 360/PS3.

As a big FM fan, I will still find the time somehow, but I just hope it's either released around the end of October, or if not, then towards the end of November so it can get the attention it deserves.

Miles Jacobson ‏@milesSI

It's not just you who wants a release date for #FM13 it's SEGA too. Decision has to be made today, so will be announced tomorrow I expect.

Miles Jacobson ‏@milesSI

This year we also have what I believe to be a brilliant pre-order incentive. Just finalising that, so will announce tomorrow too.

Oh yes :D

Miles Jacobson ‏@milesSI

It's not just you who wants a release date for #FM13 it's SEGA too. Decision has to be made today, so will be announced tomorrow I expect.

Miles Jacobson ‏@milesSI

This year we also have what I believe to be a brilliant pre-order incentive. Just finalising that, so will announce tomorrow too.

Just been on twitter and cant see where Miles has said either quotes, listened to podcast 2 and he mentioned release date is to be announced in 2 weeks time (week tomorrow now) via podcast so on that basis and on previous version timings release date is likely to be November 2nd

Miles Jacobson ‏@milesSI

Miles Jacobson ‏@milesSI

If this turns out to be a Miles cuddly toy I might just have to buy it. :lol:

"Miles Jacobson ‏@milesSI

This year we also have what I believe to be a brilliant pre-order incentive. Just finalising that, so will announce tomorrow too."

Bummer already pre-ordered at GmG with the 35% off,hopefully does not bite me in the ass,I would take it to be a pre-order from Steam only type of thing?

Will the Topklasse be added to the Dutch leagues as a standard? (The Dutch 3rd league). With the previous versions you always had to add them in the editor, and that was a bit of a pain. Also because I'm not quite sure what all their rules are with award money or subs etc. It's a very normal league now and should be part of the basic setup.

I've asked this question last year when FM2012 was going to come out, but I never received an answer and it ended up not being a standardized league. :(

Miles Jacobson ‏@milesSI

#FM13 release date is November 2nd at 00.01 GMT. Pre-order to play the game 2 weeks ahead of release date!

Conflicted.

On one hand I'd love to play the game two weeks early but on the other hand my university exams end on the 1st of November.

This post hopes (probably in vain!) to defuse the debate for a week or two.

Assuming the schedules are similar to FM12 with the Demo released approx 2 weeks before the game release date, and last year the announcement of game release date was approx 4 weeks and 2 days before release date. FM13 release date is unlikely to be announced much be before 28th Sept (see last podcast for Miles alluding to this) so game release date is unlikely to be before 26th October (meaning demo unlikely to be released much before 12th Oct). For what it is worth I suspect game release 2/11/12, but really is pointless speculating anyway.....

Phew!....time could prove all this to be nonsense of course but any "when will....." questions asked much prior to 28th Sept will just clog up the forum.

Yey me! LOL

Not sure if this has been answered yet, or if this is the right thread to ask in, but here goes:

One of the things I've been wanting in FM is the option to at least offer a player a contract even if he don't want to join me. If a player is at a bigger club, I can see that he would not want to leave, but what if I can triple his wage and offer guaranteed first team football? It's ok if he still does not want to join my club, but in reality, how often do a club accept a transfer proposal and the buying club does not even have the chance to offer a contract? Seems unrealistic too me.

Any word on if this is changed in FM 13?

Not sure if this has been answered yet, or if this is the right thread to ask in, but here goes:

One of the things I've been wanting in FM is the option to at least offer a player a contract even if he don't want to join me. If a player is at a bigger club, I can see that he would not want to leave, but what if I can triple his wage and offer guaranteed first team football? It's ok if he still does not want to join my club, but in reality, how often do a club accept a transfer proposal and the buying club does not even have the chance to offer a contract? Seems unrealistic too me.

Any word on if this is changed in FM 13?

Yes this is a FM feature to prevent the customer to exploit the game.

Many times it happened also to me offering 6-8 times more the salary to a player and he refused, even if it was playing in the same league. That's not real at all.

Can someone tell me if the editor on 2013 will be going back to the 2010 version in the sense of when creating a league all the teams involved have to be changed to the same nationality as the league, as A its really annoying and B it stops people like me from having restrictions on the amount of foreign players each team can play in the squads.

I was so looking forward to the idea of Classic mode and then I realised what I had actually read.....

"Classic and Challenge Modes

Football Manager Classic is a less time-consuming way to enjoy Football Manager. The essence of the game is exactly the same – the manager still takes charge of a squad of players and competes at whatever level he or she chooses – but they will now find that a number of their responsibilities have either been taken over by their support staff or have disappeared completely.

For example, while the player still takes charge of training in FMC, this is carried out at a 'full team' level only – there's no individual player training. And when it gets to matches themselves, there are no team talks or opposition reports... you just go straight to a game using the same 3D match engine as Career Mode. The games are played out in a quicker 'highlights only' fashion, but you can even speed this up by going straight to ‘Instant Result’."

My concern is this, from all that I have learnt about the game from FM12 and prior versions it seems Morale has a significant effect on team performance, possibly too much. By "saying the right things" it would seem that overall results can be given a very positive spin by prudent Team talking. Leaving this to the Ass Man has resulted in severe deterioration of morale. Maybe this is due to the Ass Man's abilities (especially in motivation?) but I love managing at lower league levels and good Ass Men do not seem realistic at that level. So with the FM Classic restrictions removing Team talks altogether surely the Classic mode will be more "difficult" than usual mode as a result? I hope I am wrong....

Will the Topklasse be added to the Dutch leagues as a standard? (The Dutch 3rd league). With the previous versions you always had to add them in the editor, and that was a bit of a pain. Also because I'm not quite sure what all their rules are with award money or subs etc. It's a very normal league now and should be part of the basic setup.

I've asked this question last year when FM2012 was going to come out, but I never received an answer and it ended up not being a standardized league. :(

This year again my question will probably not be answered will it?

EDIT: I've just found out in this thread (from last year) that the Topklasse won't be added as they won't be adding anymore leagues to FM.

I really hope they change their mind, as the Topklasse is a proper league in the Netherlands, and I dislike playing in any of the Dutch leagues if the entire setup isn't implemented correctly. And I would love to play a Topklasse club, like the other club from Amsterdam: AFC, and try and promote them through the ranks.

The English FA has got 6 playable leagues levels and even the Belgian FA has got 3 leagues. I really feel the Dutch are being left behind here in this decision not to add all the normal leagues. And I'm sure that a Dutch 3rd division is at least as good as the Belgian 3rd division.

Does anyone maybe have the right settings I should use if I try to create and add it in the FM2012 Editor? Maybe even a copy of the editor data file itself?

as they won't be adding anymore leagues to FM.

I really hope they change their mind

They have to eventually. We're currently in the ridiculous situation that FM officially supports, say, 10 leagues across four divisions in Sweden, amateur leagues in Belgium and Denmark, but not leagues with a higher "reputation" like the fourth division in Germany. I understand and accept SI's UK + Ireland bias, which is only natural, but their choice of leagues in the rest of Europe doesn't make a lot of sense.

They have to eventually. We're currently in the ridiculous situation that FM officially supports, say, 10 leagues across four divisions in Sweden, amateur leagues in Belgium and Denmark, but not leagues with a higher "reputation" like the fourth division in Germany. I understand and accept SI's UK + Ireland bias, which is only natural, but their choice of leagues in the rest of Europe doesn't make a lot of sense.

To add more leagues they need more researchers in these countries able to research at lower levels, if more people volunteer to do research then more leagues may be possible in the future.

If one of you guys wants to take up the mantle of researching the german 4th division then you could take your data to the head german researcher who could then push for it to be be added. But i think you will quickly find the level of work required will put you off.

To add more leagues they need more researchers in these countries able to research at lower levels, if more people volunteer to do research then more leagues may be possible in the future.
If one of you guys wants to take up the mantle of researching the german 4th division then you could take your data to the head german researcher who could then push for it to be be added. But i think you will quickly find the level of work required will put you off.

Taking the Dutch Topklasse: What kind of extra research is needed? All the clubs and players are already in the database. And if you need more definite information than you can find that in the Seizoensgids (Seasonsguide) that the Voetbal International magazine brings out each year. Or whereever they get their information from. (The KNVB)? The only rest that you need to know are all the competition's rules. Like how many substitutes per match, is there any prizemoney and how much, carding rules, etc. I think SI already have those? Otherwise maybe a letter to the KNVB will sort that out? I'm sure they would love to help out in giving the Topklasse more attention.

Taking the Dutch Topklasse: What kind of extra research is needed? All the clubs and players are already in the database. And if you need more definite information than you can find that in the Seizoensgids (Seasonsguide) that the Voetbal International magazine brings out each year. Or whereever they get their information from. (The KNVB)? The only rest that you need to know are all the competition's rules. Like how many substitutes per match, is there any prizemoney and how much, carding rules, etc. I think SI already have those? Otherwise maybe a letter to the KNVB will sort that out? I'm sure they would love to help out in giving the Topklasse more attention.

Why dont you do exactly what your write about here yourself? - You write as if you expect SI has employee ready to take on this task.. they dont.. the data is done by volunteers.. i.e. non-employees of SI like you and me.. so if you want this to be done then why dont you contact the dutch head researcher and volunteer yourself as a researcher?

Dont automatically expect other people to do this as it can (and prob. will be) a massive task which will take you HOURS and HOURS.. its not just buying a magazine and copying the info....

Why dont you do exactly what your write about here yourself? - You write as if you expect SI has employee ready to take on this task.. they dont.. the data is done by volunteers.. i.e. non-employees of SI like you and me.. so if you want this to be done then why dont you contact the dutch head researcher and volunteer yourself as a researcher?

Dont automatically expect other people to do this as it can (and prob. will be) a massive task which will take you HOURS and HOURS.. its not just buying a magazine and copying the info....

You may have misread my post. Because I wrote that I don't know what information they still require of the Dutch Topklasse. Most of the info is already in the database. If you use the editor you can add the Topklasse with all the right clubs and players. You can also add the promotion/degradation rules to the Dutch Jupiler league. That is all already in place. All SI/SEGA have to do is add this ladder to the normal game so that you don't have to do it manually in the editor. The only information that is missing as far as I can tell is: what's the prize money, how many subs are used, how many yellow cards lead to a ban, and maybe some more. Because they already have so much info about the Topklasse available in the database I guess that they already have researchers that gather this information. Now if we're talking about that they won't add the league because they DO still miss some of the mentioned info (or other) and they don't have the resources to get it, than I'll be glad to volunteer to try and get that information. But I wouldn't be surprised if SI/SEGA, through their current researchers or contacts, have far more easier access to the needed missing data than I do.

You may have misread my post. Because I wrote that I don't know what information they still require of the Dutch Topklasse. Most of the info is already in the database. If you use the editor you can add the Topklasse with all the right clubs and players. You can also add the promotion/degradation rules to the Dutch Jupiler league. That is all already in place. All SI/SEGA have to do is add this ladder to the normal game so that you don't have to do it manually in the editor. The only information that is missing as far as I can tell is: what's the prize money, how many subs are used, how many yellow cards lead to a ban, and maybe some more. Because they already have so much info about the Topklasse available in the database I guess that they already have researchers that gather this information. Now if we're talking about that they won't add the league because they DO still miss some of the mentioned info (or other) and they don't have the resources to get it, than I'll be glad to volunteer to try and get that information. But I wouldn't be surprised if SI/SEGA, through their current researchers or contacts, have far more easier access to the needed missing data than I do.

Why not ask the dutch head researcher? It definiately couldnt hurt and he will probably be able to explain why it could or couldnt happen.

Its worth remember that its not always as simple as just adding the data and letting the game get on with it, the league has to be fully tested to make sure everything works as it should, that includes a lot more than just league rules, they have to make sure the league is balanced for the level it is at, its not always a quick and simple thing, and they have to balance that against the likely hood of it generating revenue compared to the outlay, if the latter is greater than the former then its unlikely they will include it.

@Snaus: For what it's worth, but I'm already preparing to realise the a Dutch competition database in FM13. It will not be as big as my db FM12 (which didn't work, btw) and I have to make some compromises to the structure, but I believe I can pull this one off.

It will contain all the Dutch clubs with kit colours, all the cities they play in, and all the venues. I will not add players or managers to the game, it will be a club database only.

If it's possible to work with the advanced editor I can add prizemoney, sub-rules, disciplinary rules, the use of periods, etc. Too much to mention. If I can only work with the basic editor the database will be a lot more basic.

I started playing FM12 a while back but lost interest after a few months. There was some family issues that took my attention away, but when I came back to the game I found I just couldn't get into it (mainly because of the immense depth of the game and the amount of options before me). So I have to say I'm extremely interested in this FMC mode. I just want to play the game quickly and this sounds perfect.

Just wondering if in FM2013 our manager profile will be, finally, the same way as the AI managers profile, with values for attacking, defensive, tactical coaching etc, etc

Or, as in FM2012, we will get those bars.

We don't physically do coaching, so how it would it give us attributes?

We don't physically do coaching, so how it would it give us attributes?

It would be nice, to have something to compare us with the others AI managers.

And anyway, i think the game already calculate the values for human players. Anyone that ever checked his profile with the help of GenieScout could see this. In the begin of the save all the values are 10, but after a few season they change, i believe depending on you sucess and tactical aproach.

So i think the game already have this information, but SI decide not to show, giving us the bar system.

It would be nice, to have something to compare us with the others AI managers.

And anyway, i think the game already calculate the values for human players. Anyone that ever checked his profile with the help of GenieScout could see this. In the begin of the save all the values are 10, but after a few season they change, i believe depending on you sucess and tactical aproach.

So i think the game already have this information, but SI decide not to show, giving us the bar system.

I remember older FMs had the manager profile with values, and they decided to drop it, so I don't think the numbers will return soon.

I'm not very enthused with the latest video blog. All the chats with the board and the ass man just make simple things take more time.

Archived