The most you've ever spend on a player

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The most I've ever spent on any CM/FM game was £45,000,000 for Ronaldo (the fat one) in CM 00/01, since then I've had to become more coy in the transfer market in my seasons as Forest. I usually buy players on frees like Mido and watch them score loads but I'll occasionally open my chequebook and sign players on the cheap like Drogba in FM07 who led me to several league titles and 3 champions leagues and all for £9 million!

Playing a network game at the mo. Real Madrid and Barca both receive ridiculous transfer budgets after just one season. Real manager bought Kaka for £55 and David Silva for his release clause (about £62 million I think). Barca just bought Bendtner for £55 million...

well i was wigan and i'd created myself on the editor and i got hired by arsenal in 2009 and obviously there was only one player i was going to sign....me! So i made an enquiry and they dismissed it and then I made an outrageous bid of 50M and they dismissed that as well, so i sold Denilson Gilberto Silva Bendtner Eduardo Traore Senderos and gathered some funds together and requested more from the board which they gave me, i had about 350M to spend, so i offered 100M for myself and they demanded 250M so i thort forget that i offered 195M and they accepted. I also signed two of my other "tweaked" wigan players. Joe Holt for 75M and Tommy Amos for 181M. Now I'm skint.

I was unfortunate enough the witness Juventus splurge £40.5 million on Aaron Lennon i nearly imploded with shock and awe.

The most i have paid for a player myself was £61 million(his release clause) for Messi as Liverpool and he certainly lived up to his price tag.

now i rarely ever spend more than £12.75m (arsenal's transfer record and i dont like breaking it) - however on FM07 on separate games i signed david villa for £100m (it became an obsession buying him, cos valencia were being hard in negotiations) and messi £65m - on FM08 the only signing over £16m was Micah Richards and thats cos William Gallas was getting on a bit and i needed a quality replacement

I paid 60million for C. Ronaldo on my old BVB save once.... I bought this Mexican regen for 22mill once the most i've spent on a regen good buy though... More like a Mexican Maradona than an actual out and out striker...

On FM08 I paid £57 million for Cristiano Ronaldo to bring him to AC Milan. On FM07 got to a point where money was no problem and spend £91 million on Fabregas and £96 million on Kaka. Fabregas was not that good but Kaka was awesome.

120K for Dominic Shimmin (centre back came from a Blue square prem team) for my Cowdenbeath team or 9 million for Dario Srna (Croatian winger/full back) for Notts Forest (I also think I spent 3million on a Dutch midfielder but those were the only money transfers I made for Forest), arguably Shimmin was the better signing based on the effect he had on the team.

Edit, on FM 2007 with Napoli I bought Ronaldinho for 30 odd mil when he was 30 odd :) his first half season he averaged a 5.7 or soemthing in 20 games in a team that won Seria A, the next season he averaged 8.3 (best average I've ever seen on any FM) over 50 odd games (he won us one of the Italian cups single handedly) so all of you who spent big money and think the player flopped....give them soem time.

Most I payed is Asomoah Gyan for £40m, Tottenham only had him for a season. ( I am Chelsea ).

Don't regret it, he was top scorer and world player of the year.

Arsenal have just this summer on my game brought Messi for £60m trying to steal the title from me. he played **** on his debut, good in his second, and **** again on his third game. So I am happy.

Call it ridiculous, but I was being given ridiculous transfer fees in an old game as Liverpool and when you've got such a strong squad I felt it was better to buy one awesome player than buying pretty good players for areas where you won't be making huge strides forward. Anyway, I found myself spending 100m on a centre mid from Newcastle in about 2015 (he rose through the youth ranks at Fiorentina, went to Newcastle for about £30 at 21 and drove them to a 2nd place finish only behind me with 20+ goals). I splashed the cash on him at the age of 22 and he filled the hole that Gerrard left upon his retirement a few years earlier. I don't see a problem with it, he most certainly wasn't a flop and he added a great deal to my squad, and became my vice-captain in his second season.

A few seasons before that I aquired Pato for 80m and the season before that I got Aguero for his release clause at Real Madrid for 70m.

The most I have ever spent on a player on any FM was £7.5m on a Dutch striker for Kings Lynn. He scored 25+ goals in a season and requested a transfer at the end of the season, got £20m for him which I couldn't spend as no one wanted to join me even after 4 seasons in the EPL. I've sold players for much more then him though.

• 4 weeks later...

I think i beat all of you!! 203 million rising to 265 million for a 17 year old regen striker from spurs, who in his first 6 games has 21 goals. and this is in ligue 1 orange with Angers SCO, finally i might topple the mighty PSG from their perch!!

i try not to spend too much in my games...

the most i spend is about the 35mil mark... anything above that is just ridiculous (even more so than 35mil!!)

the players i brought for 35mil were chiellini and robinho in one year and then ramos for 37.5mil the next (min release clause owned lol)

not sure of the conversion, but in my fav Liverpool game that died with my damn laptop I made ManCity a very rich club. In the first transfer window I brought in Micah Richards for $58M, then in January Michael Johnson joined him for $50M. Never regretted it though, the combination of Richards/Veloso/Johnson/Gerrard/Torres led Liverpool to over 150 games unbeaten and the greatest team in the world!

Archived