Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exactly what we need. Another young, inexperienced player with the physique of a child.

And apparently according to Tim Vickery he has "filled out" too. Yikes

Just because you haven't doesn't mean it hasn't happened. As Tony said, he has had it on the supporters bus and I have heard it from people myself and the odd few in here have questioned whether he is the right man for the job.

Apparently it was trending in Liverpool on twitter Rodgers out after the weekend. I think this rubbish wanting him out all started when a photo of him wearing the newspaper t-shirt was released the other day after the paper sponsored a charity walk he done. When I say I heard it from supporters on coach its mainly one person and a few others not sure about him. Person on the coach who is tweeting his disgust towards Rodgers pays a yearly subscription to Spirit of Shankley and he didn't say anything bad about Rodgers until this photo came out and whatever spirit of shankley say he thinks its right, he has no mind of his own despite him saying he does.

He goes to all the game home and aways but gets bladdered before the game then wastes another 20 minutes during half time trying to get another pint. Jokes about Munich disaster to at one point last year I said why do you say that when their manager at the time played for us and after what we went through with Hillsborough to which he replied and I quote "they started it by singing about Hillsborough" he genuinely thought Hillsborough was before Munich disaster.

I dont mind debate on football as it's all about opinions but with some people it's just not worth discussing with. I have been old trafford a few times and they smash the seats and toilets up thinking its a laugh don't they realise the club foots the bill and less tickets will be allocated next time around. Sorry just on twitter I read so much rubbish and hear so much rubbish it just got me in a rant :D these people are a bit like Chelsea fans who will never be happy until Jose is back as manager apart from these so called Liverpool fans want Rafa or Dalglish back.

Anyway tonight I don't expect anything other than a defeat but I am still optimistic with the fixtures after Sunday we can still achieve top 6 which is a good season and we can look at improving the squad in the summer to try push on.

Who's asking though, not sure i've heard anyone suggest Rodgers out even on the regular douche fests like 606.

Im not going to hide my opinion here - i dont think rodgers is the man for the job, and havent from the beginning. the more i see and hear, the steeper the incline seems to be. Guess he should have until the start of next season anyway. One full season under his belt and another transfer window to work in and he cant go blaming the young players when it goes wrong.

think it'll be quite an open game, can see quite a few goals. hopefully henderson, lucas, gerrard and suarez can really get at them and press from the start and force them back abit. can see us setting up the same as the norwich game which'll mean walcott will get quite alot of space on the right, but it'll also mean luis should get a few one on one's when he drops into that space on the left. big game.

would be well happy to come away with a point.

i think arsenal will pass around us all night like they did at anfield and end up carving us open 2/3 times. our best hope for me would be to absorb the pressure and play some long balls over the top to get them isolated in 1v1s or 2v2s.

i predicted a score draw last night and i'd take that right now tbh.

Trying to get my head round why some people aren't happy with this signing. Very exciting young player and brings us the sort of creativity we've been badly lacking. Having a top class striker is all well and good if you don't have the players to give him the ball in the right areas.

Trying to get my head round why some people aren't happy with this signing. Very exciting young player and brings us the sort of creativity we've been badly lacking. Having a top class striker is all well and good if you don't have the players to give him the ball in the right areas.

I think people are concerned that he has only shown glimpes of his potential and not been consistent enough. Also, that his slight build might not be up for the physicality of English football. You could argue that Sterling seems to cope but he has grown up in England and knows what to expect. Might take Coutinho by surprise, I hope he is up for the challenge.

I think people are concerned that he has only shown glimpes of his potential and not been consistent enough. Also, that his slight build might not be up for the physicality of English football. You could argue that Sterling seems to cope but he has grown up in England and knows what to expect. Might take Coutinho by surprise, I hope he is up for the challenge.
tbf, Serie A is just as physical, so its dubtful it will come as a suprise

owen and walcott say hello :)

if he's good enough therell be no problem at all.

the only problem i have is his final ball is supposed to be lacking. its why i didnt fancy ramirez and its one of those traits i believe youve either got or you havent. saying that, that kind of vision is extremely hard to come by.

The summer window funds better be used to upgrade the defense

I don't think there'll be any choice really. Potentially Carragher, Coates and Reina all leaving, maybe Skrtel too. We still have problems at LB which will need resolving, so we might only see Agger and Johnson from our current line up next season. And I wouldn't be surprised to see large bids come in for either of them.

So we're possibly looking at replacing all of those, as well as blooding Wisdom and maybe Kelly at CB. Robinson and Flanagan will need to prove themselves a lot more too, but they shouldn't be relied upon as 1st choice. Who the candidates are for coming in I have no idea, but I reckon Hyypia and Carragher as defensive coaches would be a good move.

Confirmed #LFC team v #AFC: Reina, Johnson, Agger, Carragher, Wisdom, Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson, Downing, Suarez, Sturridge.

#LFC subs: Jones, Enrique, Skrtel, Shelvey, Allen, Borini and Sterling.

Indeed, thank fowler he has left allen and sterling out. it looks like a team capable of winning the game but only time will tell.

Archived