Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

Butland won't come to sit on the bench, he already turned down Chelsea. Looks like Stoke are signing him and loaning him back to Brum for the remainder of the season. Perhaps a clue they are resigned to losing Begovic in the summer. I'd happily take Begovic to replace Reina but sadly I think he's off to that other team in red.

seriously hope not, i like begovic.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Window closed, let's get back to football. Any chance of us getting something from City on Sunday? I know they usually spank us there in the league but with Kompany injured they look vulnerable at the back. I'll go for another 2-2.

ah, sorry the report said 'semi-retired', my bad, whatever that means

This below is from someone else, elsewhere:

Paraphrasing what I got from chucking the original article into Google Translate:

Doni had a pre-existing arrhythmia (irregular heart rhythm), detected during his time at Roma and known to us when he joined. This had never been a problem or stopped him from playing.

On July 3, 2012, while undergoing tests conducted by the medical staff at Liverpool (possibly a stress test?), he suffered a heart attack of 30 seconds duration, but then recovered.

In the aftermath of Muamba's heart attack and the death of Morosini last year, regulations in English clubs regarding cardiac events and conditions had become much stricter.

Doni went through further tests in Italy, particularly the Monzino Hospital of Milan, but the results stated that his situation was under control, but athletic activity was not recommended.

Doni: "I'll miss the games and the atmosphere of playing on that stage, but to live close to family and home is important. I thank Liverpool - they did extremely well"

so might be just that he doesnt want to be away from his family incase anything happens? who knows.

Watching the Arsenal game and seeing Suarez on the edge of our 18 yard box just doesn't look right i am a little concerned that this may hamper his game, I don't consider him a goal poacher and no where near as good as finisher as RVP etc but seeing him having to track back don't look right, are we not able to play the passing game that Rodgers want with a 4-4-2 or Using Suarez behind the striker in a 4-2-3-1 with Lucas sitting deeper and Gerrard moving forward when needed? Granted this would mean no place for Allen or Henderson unless he played out wide cutting in?

That had better have just been a one-off. Poor guy looked knackered after an hour, and was utterly ineffective as a result when he was put back up top.

Edit: BTW, that "poor guy" was the first time any compassion has been shown towards Suarez on these forums. ;)

kompany out for sunday, good news. feel pretty confident for some reason, would be made up with a point though.

same team i reckon, skrtel may come in but i hope not, carraghers been playing better than him tbh.

vital games after city, would hate to put all this effort into getting points away at arsenal and city only to **** it up against swansea or west brom at home.

Archived