Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if as a fan you feel the team desperately needs more experience in certain areas then it's not really an issue to expect that to be resolved. we've only got 4 players aged 23-27, one of whom has hardly played and 2 of which I wouldn't be overly surprised to see leave in the summer. that is a massive gap for me, there should ideally probably be around a third of our squad in that group, and may cause transitional problems further down the line. i mean, it already is, no Gerrard and no Lucas and the midfield looks a bit of a mess. Signing someone like Diame is a bit of a no brainer for me.

It's all okay trying to develop the kids but they will develop much faster and to a better level if they have better plays around them playing winning football. I'd rather develop 3 or 4 of them in a team that's getting CL football, and developing them to a CL level, than develop 6 or 7 of them but only getting them Europa and mid table experience. if you can bring through them in groups of 3 or 4 every 3 or 4 years then that's half the first team squad or more coming up through the ranks. We're basically trying to bring through too big a batch in one go. Now I'm not sure if that's really BR's intention (though he obviously went out and got Borini, Allen and now looking like Coutinho), or if he's hoping in the summer to bring in more experience, but it's definitely something that needs to be looked at.

I hope BR ships skirts out in the summer. I never rated him. Had one decent season and hes supposidly a great CB. Problem is with the window closing in 2 days, no time to bring in a suitable replacement.

How are we gonna line up tomorrow then? What do you guys consider to be a reasonable expectation for the next 2 games?

For the Arsenal game we'll need players with mobility and high concentration. I think if we get off to a good start and can be pretty direct we'll have a chance. Obviously we'll need to be stout at the back and Lucas back in midfield will be key. Against City it's possible we'll catch them on an off day, and we could possibly stalemate the game and nick a winner. But we'll need to take the chances that come our way instead of being wasteful.

Overall, I'd be happy with draws for both.

Really not expecting anything from these 2 games unless they both have bad days or we play especially well. We might nick a point at Arsenal but won't get anything in Manchester.

I'll settle for a couple of decent performances in which we don't get spanked too badly.

I don't think Skrtel has been that bad tbh.

The defence has a whole has looked shaky without Lucas in-front of them. Skrtel is a solid defender and I would rather have him for the reminder of the season and bring in Diame/other holding player to help Lucas than sell him and bring in a replacement and not strengthen the middle.

Reina

Wisdom - Skrtel - Agger - Johnson

Lucas

Henderson - Gerrard

Suarez - Sturridge - Downing

Probably something like that tomorrow?

I'd say that's our strongest line-up atm. Should suit Henderson well as good midfield pressing will be important. Not convinced Downing will be able to produce anything really, but he'll be our wide option as the rest of the team lends itself to pretty narrow play. And as someone said earlier Sterling really needs resting.

Btw you are likely to face: Woj; Sagna, Mertesacker, TV, Gibbs; Ramsey, Wilshere, Cazorla; Theo, Giroud, Podolski

If we play like we did in that spell against West Ham we'll win comfortably but we're also going to need the first half to warm up.

Just seen on some message forum that we've put in a £9.6m offer for Ashley Williams. Anyone seen anything else on this?

This is the only message forum you should be listening to! ;) Were at least sensible with our non sense

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=width: 166]Thomas Vermaelen[/TD]

[TD=width: 105]£10,000,000.00[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Sol Campbell[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Marouane Chamakh[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Laurent Koscielny[/TD]

[TD]£9,700,000.00[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Sebastien Squillaci[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Carl Jenkinson[/TD]

[TD]£1,000,000.00[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Gervinho[/TD]

[TD]£10,500,000.00[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain[/TD]

[TD]£12,000,000.00[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Joel Campbell[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Park Chu-Young[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Mikel Arteta[/TD]

[TD]£10,000,000.00[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Andre Santos[/TD]

[TD]£6,800,000.00[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Per Mertesacker[/TD]

[TD]£8,000,000.00[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Thomas Eisfeld[/TD]

[TD]£420,000.00[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Olivier Giroud[/TD]

[TD]£13,000,000.00[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Lukas Podolski[/TD]

[TD]£11,000,000.00[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Hector Bellerin[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Santi Cazorla[/TD]

[TD]£15,000,000.00[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Some of those prices are awful and the list is incomplete.

The awful ones are Chamakh, Park, Santos, Squillaci, Gervinho. Of the rest Campbell was a cheap emergency who performed well. Joel Campbell, Bellerin and Eisfeld are all youngster s,the latter two could make it and their cost is negligible. I have no problem with any of the rest of them as signings.

I cant believe some people from supporters coach I go on want Brendan sacked some want Rafa. Great replace a manager beaten by Oldham and replace him with a manager who drew with Brentford with a more expensive assembled squad. BR has seen his side drop 9 points against the bottom 9 sides. I think Dalglish only beat 4 of the bottom sides at Anfield and the form the club were in after Christmas was relegation form yet nobody would say anything bad because it was King Kenny.

I dont think we will get anything from our next two away games but as I keep saying after Sunday we dont play any of the current top 13 away from home so hopefully we can accumulate a fair amount of points.

I think we play good football under BR as a whole. Oldham, Arsenal and West Brom are the only times we have been outplayed. I rather judge a manager after a season rather than 1 defeat to Oldham. Dont forget he lost Kuyt, Maxi, Bellemay, Spearing, Adam and Aqualauni ok I dont rate all of them but they are senior players. BR had to play a right back at left back as we didnt have cover, a teenage rookie at right back whose natural position is centre half, 2 teenagers in midfield and only had 1 fit striker until January yet we are still about 5 points off 4th place.

Start of the season our aim should have been top 6 give the youngsters a chance and see progress with a few decent signings anything else is a bonus.

Who's asking though, not sure i've heard anyone suggest Rodgers out even on the regular douche fests like 606.

Just because you haven't doesn't mean it hasn't happened. As Tony said, he has had it on the supporters bus and I have heard it from people myself and the odd few in here have questioned whether he is the right man for the job.

Archived