What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I TOTALLY agree with this. Morale is overwhelming the whole game. Winning 7 games in a row with Arsenal, drawing away against Man U and i couldn't win for 14 games in a row, 1 season i even got RELEGATED coz of the bad morale of my team!!!!! Getting really ridiculous.

Example : playing Barcelona atm : 14 games played : 12 won, 1 draw and 1 loss

Playing against Osasuna (8th) at home in 15th game and after 30 mins i lose with 0-4 using same team, same tactics.

Come on guys (devs). Keep it a bit realistic please, there's no way this can happen IRL. You want as much realism as possible with adding sun, rain, snow, yellow ball (which all is detoriating the visability of the 3d game) and on the other hand realism in the match game is getting worse and worse, especially when morale is overwhelming the whole game.

Look into this please for future updates.

I love the game, bought every one since it first came out, but more and more often now i'm not bothered playing it anymore for days and weeks.

ps : Barca lost 1-4 with Messi and Neymar missing 7 open chances together!!!!

I agree too. The worst part is the way it happens. I mean, the way in which that is represented in the ME. I can tell those games after the first 5 minutes when watching the full match. The team just sleep on their feet, my striker gets in front of the goal and just stops like if he got a stroke and needs to be internalized immediately and my goalkeeper instead of passing to one of the three defenders that are stationed in front of the box, free and with no pressure, ventures outside of the box, ball on feet, and passes straight to one of their attackers. Last time i had one of my players run back from the midfield to catch on an opponent that was already marked and left with no options on the byline, in the box. Penalty on minute 85 and match lost. But my rivals for the promotion have only two losses in 28 matches (against me...) and when don't win 5-1, 4-0 or so they usually score in the extra time. Is already three times that i'm sure they lost the match (following the real time updates during the match) just to discover they scored on minute 89 and 90+ to turn it in a win. That's fair, is not always like this, just this particular season. But what i wonder is: the AI never get complacent? Definitely needs to be tuned down. Players with bad form are ok but this morale avalanche is too much.

Apart from this, there's a feature i would like to ask for. The option to get updates about the AI tactical moves when watching only the highlights. Maybe is me, but when i watch the highlights i don't understand easily which changes the AI made while those same moves are evident for me when watching the full match. We already get reports like "Team X adopted 442" or "Team X went back to his usual attitude" (whatever it means). I would like the option to get reports like "Team X is playing narrower" or "Team X is pushing down the flanks". Even if i like to watch matches in full (for sure is the most rewarding and enjoyable way), time is an issue and i would like to be able to get the same feedback when watching the highlights. Now i have lot of time but i will start working again in november which means almost no time for playing.....

There should be a way to complain about referees other than to the media.

IRL, I believe managers are required to rate the referee after each game and evaluate their performance.

Having just lost a game in the 96th minute (when there was only supposed to be 3 minutes of injury time) and the referee being described as "biased towards the home team" in the post-match analysis, I would love to be able to write a strong worded letter to the FA expressing my dismay.

One of my staff just got offered another job and I wanted to wish him luck and tell him that he'll make a great manager (in the hope of improving our relationship for future interactions). No dice :/

edit: just thought of another thing: the ability to select multiple players and instruct you DoF to negotiate contract extensions

Need the ability to export and import team instruction and position specific instructions. At the moment you can only Import/Export whole tactics, however I have created a number of instructions for each position and It would be great if they weren't save specific. I have to keep creating them for every save which can be a pain when i've made 50+ specific instructions.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I have two suggestions.

1) Change attendance numbers during the season. I have played games where I took a team that was averaging 520 fans at the beginning of the season for a team facing relegation. After 4 months, we were in first place, but the attendance had only gone up by 20 people. By the end of the year, we were still in first and attendance was around 540. I would think that there would be a bigger growth for a team that is consistently overperforming or at the top of the table.

2) This is a development request. I know that when I choose the option to have my u-21 manager control my u-21 team, I cannot do things like set the lineup each game, although I can tell them to play my tactic. It would be great if somehow I could also make a few more requests to the manager, such as having the player play a certain position during the season or to make sure that a player is a key player on the squad so they are played more often.

I know the new FM has been released but I'm sick of playing on a terrible condition pitch that is causing a ton of injuries because we don't own it. Can't you just pay the owners to relay the pitch, even if it is another club.

That wouldn't be realistic. IRL that happens. You just got to put up with it. :)

It might have been suggested earlier, but i think it would be great to have a new gamemode in the next football manager. And that would be to have a gameplay with legendary football teams/players from the past 100 years.. with past europa cup 1 winners till past world cup winners/european champions (national teams), and individual outstanding players/keepers. I am wishing that since there were legendary teams available at fifa. Only at fm with a lot more teams/players.. Is there anyone else who would like something like this? I think it would be absolutely brilliant.

There should be a way to complain about referees other than to the media.

IRL, I believe managers are required to rate the referee after each game and evaluate their performance.

Having just lost a game in the 96th minute (when there was only supposed to be 3 minutes of injury time) and the referee being described as "biased towards the home team" in the post-match analysis, I would love to be able to write a strong worded letter to the FA expressing my dismay.

yeah, i totally agree with this!

As well it would be nice if suspensions after red cards are variable. It is always standard 1 match or 3 matches.. why not like in real life depending on the reason of the red card and be able to get suspensions from 1 match till i dont know how many matches. Bad tempert players for example should be able to get red cards for terrible fouls or big mouthing against the referee and serve a 6 match suspension. As well it should happen more often to be able to cancel a red card after a match when it maybe wasnt justified. Now its almost never possible to appeal against a red card and actually win the appeal. As well it would be a nice option if you could complain during a match and maybe as manager get send into the stands if you cross the line of the referee.

Another suggestion is, maybe combine the game in some ways with some of the features fifa manager has. Like getting more involved in getting sponsor deals, building better facilities at the club.

1 more nice thing would be if you can let youth players just train them with the 1st squad sometimes without having to promote them to the 1st team.

Thought SI would go along with this one, but I guess we'll have to wait for fm15:

- bench instructions affecting moral and composure;

- report from assman regarding performance from our players and possibility of chating with a player during matches about tactical instructions or performance, for instance when the match is interrupted for physio assistance;

Here we go again, for another year I repeat these suggestions.

We need this:

Number of Wins

32 Real Madrid CF 1931-32, 1932-33, 1953-54, 1954-55, 1956-57, 1957-58, 1960-61, 1961-62, 1962-63, 1963-64, 1964-65, 1966-67, 1967-68, 1968-69, 1971-72, 1974-75, 1975-76, 1977-78, 1978-79, 1979-80, 1985-86, 1986-87, 1987-88, 1988-89, 1989-90, 1994-95, 1996-97, 2000-01, 2002-03, 2006-07, 2007-08, 2011-12

22 FC Barcelona 1928-29, 1944-45, 1947-48, 1948-49, 1951-52, 1952-53, 1958-59, 1959-60, 1973-74, 1984-85, 1990-91, 1991-92, 1992-93, 1993-94, 1997-98, 1998-99, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2012-13

9 Atlético de Madrid 1939-40, 1940-41, 1949-50, 1950-51, 1965-66, 1969-70, 1972-73, 1976-77, (includes Atlético Aviación) 1995-96

8 Athletic de Bilbao 1929-30, 1930-31, 1933-34, 1935-36, 1942-43, 1955-56, 1982-83, 1983-84

6 Valencia CF 1941-42, 1943-44, 1946-47, 1970-71, 2001-02, 2003-04

2 Real Sociedad S.S 1980-81, 1981-82

1 Real Betis (Sevilla) 1934-35

Sevilla FC 1945-46

RC Deportivo de La Coruña 1999-00and also something like this, overview of how clubs from particular country are doing in Europe:

[TABLE=class: t1]

[TR=class: green, bgcolor: #CCFFCC]

[TD=colspan: 2][/TD]

[TD]Cup[/TD]

[TD]qW[/TD]

[TD]qD[/TD]

[TD]qL[/TD]

[TD]#W[/TD]

[TD]#D[/TD]

[TD]#L[/TD]

[TD]Bonus[/TD]

[TD]Points[/TD]

[TD]Average[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: yellow, bgcolor: #FFFFCC]

[TD=align: center]7[/TD]

[TD][TABLE=class: t2]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Czech Republic[/TD]

[TD=align: right]4 teams[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]12[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]20.0[/TD]

[TD]5.000[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: lgray, bgcolor: #EEEEEE]

[TD=align: left]10[/TD]

[TD=align: left]Viktoria Plzen[/TD]

[TD]CL[/TD]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]10.0[/TD]

[TD=class: blue, bgcolor: #99CCFF]not out[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=align: left]24[/TD]

[TD=align: left]Slovan Liberec[/TD]

[TD]EL[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]7.5[/TD]

[TD=class: blue, bgcolor: #99CCFF]not out[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=width: 30, align: left]111[/TD]

[TD=align: left]FK Jablonec[/TD]

[TD]EL[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]2.0[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=width: 30, align: left]169[/TD]

[TD=align: left]Sparta Praha[/TD]

[TD]EL[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0.5

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Things i would like:

1. On quick sub screen we can now set the role of the player(s) coming on - I would like to be able to change the roles of the starter at the same time without having to go into the tactics screen after the subs are made

2. More general training options - if your player is short in several physical attributes you should be able to give him more general fitness training than concentrating on one attribute at a time or developing the attributes of a set position in "Role" and also be able to set the balance like 90% fitness and 10% technique etc

A new shout something along the lines of "Hassle opponents after losing possession" would be useful to help recreate some of the pressing we see in reality.

When your team loses the ball this shout would mean that all players press and close down intensively for say 5-10 seconds in an attempt to win back the ball. If unsuccessful all players would revert to their usual team and individual closing down settings.

It might have been suggested earlier, but i think it would be great to have a new gamemode in the next football manager. And that would be to have a gameplay with legendary football teams/players from the past 100 years.. with past europa cup 1 winners till past world cup winners/european champions (national teams), and individual outstanding players/keepers. I am wishing that since there were legendary teams available at fifa. Only at fm with a lot more teams/players.. Is there anyone else who would like something like this? I think it would be absolutely brilliant.

I asked Miles about 'legendary' teams from the past on Twitter and he said they can't do it due to 'licensing issues'. Shame, but you always have the Editors Hideaway for that sort of thing.

A new shout something along the lines of "Hassle opponents after losing possession" would be useful to help recreate some of the pressing we see in reality.

When your team loses the ball this shout would mean that all players press and close down intensively for say 5-10 seconds in an attempt to win back the ball. If unsuccessful all players would revert to their usual team and individual closing down settings.

This lets me think to "The 6 Seconds Rule" of FC Barcelona.

Watch this

!

For more explantion about this rule click here.

---> The game WITHOUT the ball is as much important as the game WITH the ball, if not more!

As a player touches the ball for an average of 3 minutes per game, the question is: how should he behave during the 87 minutes when he does not have the ball? ;-)

Johan Cruyff:

"When you play a match, it is statistically proven that players actually have the ball 3 minutes on average. The best players – the Zidanes, Ronaldinhos, Gerrards – will have the ball maybe 4 minutes. Lesser players – defenders – probably 2 minutes. So, the most important thing is: what do you do those 87 minutes when you do not have the ball…. That is what determines wether you’re a good player or not."

This lets me think to "The 6 Seconds Rule" of FC Barcelona.

Watch this

!

For more explantion about this rule click here.

---> The game WITHOUT the ball is as much important as the game WITH the ball, if not more!

As a player touches the ball for an average of 3 minutes per game, the question is: how should he behave during the 87 minutes when he does not have the ball? ;-)

Johan Cruyff:

"When you play a match, it is statistically proven that players actually have the ball 3 minutes on average. The best players – the Zidanes, Ronaldinhos, Gerrards – will have the ball maybe 4 minutes. Lesser players – defenders – probably 2 minutes. So, the most important thing is: what do you do those 87 minutes when you do not have the ball…. That is what determines wether you’re a good player or not."

Well, I guess the problem with replicating Guardiola's Barcelona in FM was never when your team has the ball but when it doesn't have it. Closing Down, Pressing all players, ppm closes down in all players and still I don't think it's enough to achieve it.

Enjoying familiarising myself with changes in FM14 Beta before starting long term save.

The training Overview is great but it would be really useful if "click through" was enabled for the various pie charts. The squad Training Happiness chart currently shows that 7 of my players are unhappy - but which ones? I was hoping that you could click on the Unhappy descriptor and be shown the names of the unhappy players...Similarly for the Squad Fitness pie chart descriptors etc.

Not sure whether this is planned to be incorporated but it would be useful and save time trying to find out who the unhappy players are....

More team and player stats; for example usage, passing stats split into subcategories such as short/long and forward/sideways/back, turnovers, clearances, dribbled by other team players, blocked shots, was fouled per game, dispossessed per game and possession cycles. Pace adjusted stats would be very useful as well.

Overview is great but it would be really useful if "click through" was enabled for the various pie charts. The squad Training Happiness chart currently shows that 7 of my players are unhappy - but which ones? I was hoping that you could click on the Unhappy descriptor and be shown the names of the unhappy players...Similarly for the Squad Fitness pie chart descriptors etc.

Exactly what I thought of last night

Would really appreciate the option just to go "You only want to move to get more money" to players trying to engineer a move away to a moneybags team like PSG or Monaco. Twice this season in my Man Utd game I've had players who I'm trying to persuade to stay call my ambition of winning the Champions League 'unrealistic' and 'a false promise' when in my first season I was runner up and then won it last season.

Or give the option to call them out in the press conferances or journalist questions.

However it's done I just want a way to call a player a money grubbing whore (or maybe something more palatable like 'mercenary') rather than having to just put up with them leaving.

EDIT: Just noticed that you can now give players a parting comment in a private conversation before confirming the transfer. That would be a nice place to have a "Enjoy your cash whilst my team wins everything you greedy punk" statement.

An instruction like "hunt in packs" would be pretty good. I know we have 'hassle opponents' but I've never really noticed my team hounding players the way you'll see Barcelona, Dortmund or Bayern do where they'll double team people with the ball from the front.

It may have already been covered but; I would like more options for the Go on Holiday menu, specifically on the which jobs to apply for; maybe a nation/division selector so it won't apply for jobs that would be a step down. When I'm out of a job I always go on holiday but I then have to deal with the settings applying for jobs I don't want.

Here's something that struck me as really odd the other night. I have a manager who has been managing for 30+ years, brought through countless players, won trophies and yet still has absolutely zero ability to judge the potential of players, and is completely at the mercy of his assistant to do so. Also he has zero ability to teach even the greenest youth how to kick a ball. Seems wrong to me. I think the player manager should have stats like the other staff do, that you build up over time, and can put to use.

I'd like to see a sound track in the game like fifa, where you can play music when not in a match.

Anyone else?

Nobody is stopping you playing music in Windows Media Player.

Soundtracks just become annoying and you have to disable them in Preferences after 1 hour.

Also, they won't have a soundtrack because licensing costs a lot of money - and EA have all the money, seeing as they charge RIDICULOUS prices for their games (Battlefield 4 etc).

/

The only piece of music i'd ever want to hear in the game, is the Champions League theme, before Champions League matches as the players leave the tunnel.

Also National Anthems at the beginning of International matches. That's another one.

/

I personally think we should be allowed to position different crowd chants around our ground as well.

Like a sphere of influence and then a link to a WAV file.

Team talking that isn't conflicting turn-based system.

What I mean is, I want to tell my whole team they were lucky to get a result (because we were) but then single out the one or two players that did well. This can not happen right now, because as soon as I do the team talk first, the ones that did well get angered/confused. And when I try to address them directly to let them know they did well, they just end up more confused because they already got demoralised from the team talk. That doesn't seem very intuitive to how I need to praise and criticise varying levels of performance from the team as a whole and the players specifically within it.

Maybe allow me to apply all the conversations I want, then a "submit" button so the responses are more relevant to the considered interactions I had.

I would like to see an option that would diversify a manager's tactical ability. That option would be to swap instructions. Right now, we have the ability to swap positions. That's nice, but in the real world, managers have the ability to swap instructions as well, without swapping the player's position. For example, sometimes CM 1 will make runs forward, and sometimes CM 2 will make runs forward, but never both at the same time, and not by switching positions. Or sometimes Winger will hug the touchline while Fullback cuts inside, and at other times Winger will cut inside while Fullback hugs touchline.

I remember in one USA game, Klinsmann said that the fullback could go up whenever the CM stayed back, and the CM could go up whenever the fullback stayed back.

We currently don't have the ability to do things like this, after 20 years of simulating football in CM/FM, which is surprising because these are the kinds of dynamic tactics that are available to RL managers. The ability to swap instructions can separate many managers apart who otherwise like playing the same formation and it can provide a greater depth in a team's philosophy than just "rigid", "fluid", etc. Swapping instructions should have existed long before swapping positions.

Well, I guess the problem with replicating Guardiola's Barcelona in FM was never when your team has the ball but when it doesn't have it. Closing Down, Pressing all players, ppm closes down in all players and still I don't think it's enough to achieve it.

I think it should only be possible if SI adds a new team instructions like "the 6 seconds rule" or "the 3 pass rule" especially for possesion based tactics.

There was also a limit in FM13: defensive midfielders do not have the flexibility to drop between the DCs when the team is in possession:

Limitations

There is one serious limitation in the ME (of FM13) that prevents the tactic being exactly like the Barcelona tactic, in that defensive midfielders do not have the flexibility to drop between the DCs when the team is in possession. There is also one override required in the TC, namely the choice of Primary Playmaker.

I hope this is now possible in FM14's ME, if not in FM15.

I think it should only be possible if SI adds a new team instructions like "the 6 seconds rule" or "the 3 pass rule" especially for possesion based tactics.

There was also a limit in FM13: defensive midfielders do not have the flexibility to drop between the DCs when the team is in possession:

I think one instruction that should be able a long time ago would be to press more the man with the ball. This way our team could apply an effective zonal pressing no matter the zone over the ball, not man marking, not zonal pressing, but zonal pressing over the ball. This would allow to have 2 or 3 players from our team pressing when the ball was played into ascertain zone. It's close enough the 6 second rule :-)

It's possible in FM 14 if you select your DM as a halfback.

For LLM, a field in player search that lets you see whether players are "local" (don't need to relocate) or not. It's such an obvious tweak that I'm going to hold on to the pipe dream of seeing it added to FM14.

Search is fine, but really scouting would be good for this too. Ability to just scout a region (or limitation to only scout a region/a couple regions) until you turn professional.

I'd like to be able to watch a video of a players highlights of the season so far, e.g. all his goals and/or assists. As with matches you should also be able to save it or upload it to Youtube.Taking it further you could pick two players to watch to sees how they're combining, e.g. all the goals created and scored by your strike partnership, or goals set up by your winger for your targetman.Another thought, if it's not already there clubs should also have their own goal of the season award.

The ability to find a job.

I've been turned down by 10+ clubs despite having won the treble the previous season with Real Madrid. I have a win percentage of 88% and a reputation of 'World Class'. Why can't I find a job? It's beyond a joke that this is still an issue in FM. It was an issue back in FM12 for goodness sake.

The ability to find a job.

I've been turned down by 10+ clubs despite having won the treble the previous season with Real Madrid. I have a win percentage of 88% and a reputation of 'World Class'. Why can't I find a job? It's beyond a joke that this is still an issue in FM. It was an issue back in FM12 for goodness sake.

Is this not linked due to the high salary you would have had at RM. No one can afford u

Archived