What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

And the most controversial thing...

I would like the abolition of the filter and visible stats to an extent. In real life, do clubs/scouts filter players based on numerical stats? No, of course not. They are heavily scouted and get reported on by scouts/the HoYD or whoever. You don't get given a numerical figure as to how good their dribbling or whatever is. They are simply told 'decent', 'good', 'exceptional' or whatever. I want scouting a player to actually mean something, because right now all you find out is whether he's consistent, injury prone or good in big matches.

Your scouts scout different players, they get added to the filter and then you can filter your known players by adjective which perhaps could represent any of 3 numbers. ie. Exceptional is 18-20, very good is 15-17, good is 12-14, decent is 9-11, bad is 5-8, very bad is 2-5 and abysmal is 1. That way you never actually know who is better just by looking at the stats - if you've got 2 players you're looking at in the same position whose dribbling is both 'very good', you should actually have to watch them play if you're going to make a decision on who to go for because that is what happens in real life. It's so boring in FM as it is. Look at the stats on screen, maybe add them to the shortlist for a while to look at his form and then buy. How many people here watch those players live before they buy?

Not only that but different scouts should come up with different reports based on the games they saw and based on how good the scouts are. A JA20JP20 scout will obviously give a more accurate reading of a player, but a JA12JP13 scout will obviously give a less accurate and detailed report. Doesn't matter what scout you have in this, you can still see every single stat a player has after he's been scouted. I want far more realism. I don't want to discover players I've never heard of just because I've filtered my database for players with certain stats. I want to find them through proper scouting and through me watching games. How often do you see managers turning up to watch games at other grounds? Pellegrini was at Man Utd-Chelsea last night.

Yup, the more I think about this the more I love it. Look at Man Utd in 2003 for example. Kleberson, Djemba-Djemba, David Bellion, Alan Smith. Their scouts thought they were top class players because they made misjudgements but there are no misjudgements by scouts in this game. It's difficult for experienced players to make a misjudgement because all they need to do is look at the various stats in the key areas.

More ambiguity is what's needed. Give us terms that could mean 1 of 3 or 4 things. Don't give us specific values. Or at least give us the option to do that if other people would prefer numbers. I want to thoroughly scout a player over the course of a year. I want to watch his matches. I want to send different scouts to watch him over the course of a year or two. I want my bad scouts to make misjudgements which could cost me money if I'm lazy or not thorough enough. I want to be more engaged with the whole buying player process. I want transfer rumours flying around because I've been watching a player 7 or 8 times a season. What's the flight time to Brazil, about 10 hours from the UK? Because right now I can play a friendly and attend a game in Brazil the same day. You should have situations where it's mid-season for us, my scouts have found a good player but there's a lot of interest and I don't have time to watch him live because we've got training/matches. Therefore you're forced to trust your scouts if you want to get the player. And isn't that the point of hiring the best scouts? And then of course there's the possibility they'll have made a misjudgement, exactly like Man Utd did 4 times in 2003. Make it more life-like! Give us (me) ambiguous terms, not specific numbers!

I do not just want to do a quick filter, get a scout report, find out if he'll adapt/play well in big matches/play well consistently/get injured a lot and then buy him. How boring, lazy, meaningless and unsatisfying is that?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about scandals arising whereby an international manager uses their position to speak to a player privately and tell them they would like to sign them? Right now I'm the Spain boss and I'd love to sign both Javi Martinez and Azpilicueta. What if, in FM, I could speak to them and try and tempt them into joining? But if the player is outraged by this, they could tell the media resulting in the manager almost being forced to resign through embarrassment?

I'm positively sure that these suggestions mentioned before, but I see no harm to mention them again. For those which haven't been mentioned, please consider them because I believe, as a dedicated player, they'll increase the reality of the game.

1 - A footballer does not want to enter contract negotiations with my club. That's perfectly understandable, but I am ready to offer him a great offer, at least game can let me throw my offer to agent or footballer. Also maybe our scouts or footballer's agent can tell us, why the footballer does not want to join our side. For example, "he might feel too young to leave his home country", "he plays for his favourite team", "he does not want to relocate" or maybe he is not keen on haggis or shepherd's pie. In real life generally media or clubs finds out why the footballer does not want to join a football club, beside money and reputation of the team.

2 - Realistic press conferences/interviews. I mean, really? I am saying that we will crush ABCD United in next match, and only question I get asked is, "How do you get on with ABCD's manager?". How is that related anyway? Do they ask any manager, anywhere in the world that? No. They ask which formation, which player, how and why? Media staff has special approaches like "deceitful", "indifferent", etc. So? They always print what I say. I can't see any indifference or deceit there.

3 - Board Room Feedback. My current side, Cambridge United, was "disappointed" in Board Room Feedback, because I sold a reserve-team goalkeeper, interestingly for money, about three-four months. And believe me, I followed that player? You know what he did in his new team? Went straight to reserve team. It's been three seasons since I sold him, and he stays there, in reserve team with no senior squad appearances at all. Oh, but when I sold my senior goalkeeper for 160,000 £ to QPR, they don't mention a thing. Please, please improve Board Room Feedback. They are delighted with my leadership but they are disappointed about an useless, talentless goalkeeper...

4 - Media Prediction. I get that, we just got promoted and by nature of football we are likely to be relegated. I really get that. And I also understand that media prediction is mixture of reputation, budget and performance of previous season. But come on... At least few press members could come to friendlies and track my transfers.

5 - Manager Character. I mean we do "create-a-manager". For example we "add" that our character was a Sunday-League-Footballer and had a massive injury so that's why he tries to manage lower-league-teams when he is 30 odd years old. And maybe choose which teams he played on. Maybe a regen-face for our manager? Maybe our birthplace? Those simple things will add to the spirit. And most importantly, I feel, and agree to a point, we wouldn't be able to spend our earnings in anyway. Fine. What about language courses? Or maybe we can start with couple of languages at the beginning.

Hi there!

Just an idea that's sprung to mind as I've just been playing.

I'd really love to see some sort of option that allows you to view what a player's attributes looked like when you first signed them so you can compare them to their current attributes.

Sort of like a more advanced "view recent attribute changes" page where you can see further back what their attributes used to be when you first bought them!

I've, on others versions, screenshotted a few potential "wonderkids" when they first joined so I could see how much in what areas they've grown under my training guidance. It's just a little thought, and could maybe go in the "history" tab.

What do you guys think?

Cheers

Hi there!

I'd really love to see some sort of option that allows you to view what a player's attributes looked like when you first signed them so you can compare them to their current attributes.

Sort of like a more advanced "view recent attribute changes" page where you can see further back what their attributes used to be when you first bought them!

I've, on others versions, screenshotted a few potential "wonderkids" when they first joined so I could see how much in what areas they've grown under my training guidance. It's just a little thought, and could maybe go in the "history" tab.

What do you guys think?

Cheers

Great idea.

I'd also love an option where you can request that teams train up a certain attribute while they have a player on-loan. I don't really like sending out players on loan if there's a certain stat I want to build up, because it won't get built up as much as I'd like.

Hey guys! This might have been suggested before (apologies if that is the case) but I'm getting quite bored of the poor sound effects. I've been playing CM/FM since 1999 and back then, the sound effects (i.e. crowd singing and all) were just fantastic! I really miss those to the point that when I play, I mute all and play such video:

. Are there any plans to amend this soon?

Cheers,

Ben

With all the recent rival to rival transfers in the Premier League in the past few seasons (eg. Van Persie from Arsenal to Man Utd) I have tried to do this in FM13 but to no avail, and would find it impossible to buy a player from Arsenal who a few seasons in had not qualified for Champions League football.

My wish is that key players would request to play higher levels of football, like they request to be played when not in first team.

For example in contract negotiations and press talks about the player, you should be able to tempt the player to your team with the promise of European football as your team qualified for the Champions Cup, and not just with a higher wage!

Hello, scouts should have a history of players that you have signed to the club - They can use this as a way of negotiating a higher pay packet.

Perhaps the history can include other players that have made the biggest increase/ success of their career compared with where and when they were scouted. A kind of 'I told you so!'

In future versions I want to see an end of this trend toward "psychological realism". I want to play a game, not some attempt at coding psychology. I'm sick of the game being about managing complacency and morale. I don't mind if they have an affect but it's starting to feel like it's become by far the most important determinant of results. I would not shed a tear at all if team talks and pre-game speeches were taken out entirely.

In some respects I like how the mental attributes matter, the tutoring of players to raise professionalism and determination and having that play a role in the results is a great feature. But it seems like even if you have a squad of professionals with determination over 15 it still doesn't matter all that much if certain scenarios arise, the most common being winning streaks or facing inferior opposition.

For example:

I'm Man United playing away against Hull in the second leg of a cup semi-final. We're on a massive unbeaten streak in all competitions. I played the game 4 times and watched most of each game. We lost all of them by 1 goal. Obviously we had better players, the reason we lost is because the ME decided to nerf the abilities (and hearts) of all my players and give all of Hull a boost. To the point where my players are guaranteed to make crucial mistakes that cost goals, refuse to go claim a ball that is right in front of them (I had Kagawa run a way from a loose ball that would have given him a breakaway, he literally ran away from it so the defender could reach it first.) So many times players would do the equivalent of this, slowing down to let the opposition get the ball first despite having a clear headstart. It was literally a theme throughout each and every game. Also, during every one of Hull's goals there was a whole sequence of 3-4 plays where players should have made the challenge, pass, clearance, interception or whatever and just didn't make the play. It would be the kind of play that they were capable of making and had been making all season long, Vidic missing tackles against a no-name striker to give him a chance, that of course he rockets past De Gea from 30 yards despite having 11 finishing and 8 long shots....

Or Carrick missing interceptions he could make in his sleep otherwise, Rooney sleepwalking through the game, Van Persie getting the ball and standing there waiting to be tackled...and on and on.

Fine, you will tell me it's "realistic" that this is how teams get complacent and the opposition gets jacked up because they're at home and so on. And fine, I agree there must be something like this, or it won't be fun (sarcasm) but what I'm not happy with is both the degree (which seems to get more pronounced with each new release) and the way it gets implemented in the ME with players running away from the ball or conversely getting temporary superhuman abilities.

But the thing I hate the most is how it all seems so formulaic. It's like you get punished for winning games, because a winning streak = complacency. And every time you play a small team you will under-perform. I know it happens, but not every time. Human beings are too complicated to say if condition x occurs then player will respond with y. Reality isn't that tidy and in my opinion you should stop trying to code psychology. This is a game, and all this psuedo-pychological manipulation that is becoming a major part of the gameplay is for me, just taking away from the parts that are actually fun, like scouting players, buying players and watching them perform according to their abilities and your tactics, and not according to psycho-babble and coded scenarios.

I mean when I played ball I never took a minute off, never became complacent, never underestimated anybody, it wasn't the way I was built, when I got on the field I gave it everything. And I was never being paid, these guys are pros. Are there players who do buckle under pressure or take games off, yes. Are there times when players play above themselves? Yes. But when you see the likes of Vidic, Carrick, Rooney and Van Persie sleepwalking through a cup semi-final because it happens to be against a small club on the road (and because apparently I didn't find the magic psychological button to push pre-game, I told them I expect a performance, what else am I supposed to say?) or you see a mediocre player pulling off a 30 yard rocket with regularity (like there's an attempt to code-in those "special" moments where something like this happens, forgetting that they are really freaking rare and shouldn't occur 4 games out of 4), then something is unbalanced in the approach. It needs to be toned down please, and in my opinion when it does manifest, make it massively dependent on the determination and professionalism of the player, and only slightly on the talks, thanks for listening.

I'm playing as Chelsea in FM13 and after three league wins, I decide we could expand the stadium. The board approve after some persuasion but name it "Zola Park". Although I agree, Zola was a great player. He is on par with many other Chelsea greats from Didier Drogba to Frank Lampard. Realism is something a simulation needs and I feel the name Zola Park is very unrealistic.

My wish is to be able to name new stadiums. In fact more stadium options all together, for example - indoor/outdoor, roof/no roof, seat colours, ticket prices

Thanks,

@ibecharlie

I'm positively sure that these suggestions mentioned before, but I see no harm to mention them again. For those which haven't been mentioned, please consider them because I believe, as a dedicated player, they'll increase the reality of the game.

1 - A footballer does not want to enter contract negotiations with my club. That's perfectly understandable, but I am ready to offer him a great offer, at least game can let me throw my offer to agent or footballer. Also maybe our scouts or footballer's agent can tell us, why the footballer does not want to join our side. For example, "he might feel too young to leave his home country", "he plays for his favourite team", "he does not want to relocate" or maybe he is not keen on haggis or shepherd's pie. In real life generally media or clubs finds out why the footballer does not want to join a football club, beside money and reputation of the team.

2 - Realistic press conferences/interviews. I mean, really? I am saying that we will crush ABCD United in next match, and only question I get asked is, "How do you get on with ABCD's manager?". How is that related anyway? Do they ask any manager, anywhere in the world that? No. They ask which formation, which player, how and why? Media staff has special approaches like "deceitful", "indifferent", etc. So? They always print what I say. I can't see any indifference or deceit there.

3 - Board Room Feedback. My current side, Cambridge United, was "disappointed" in Board Room Feedback, because I sold a reserve-team goalkeeper, interestingly for money, about three-four months. And believe me, I followed that player? You know what he did in his new team? Went straight to reserve team. It's been three seasons since I sold him, and he stays there, in reserve team with no senior squad appearances at all. Oh, but when I sold my senior goalkeeper for 160,000 £ to QPR, they don't mention a thing. Please, please improve Board Room Feedback. They are delighted with my leadership but they are disappointed about an useless, talentless goalkeeper...

I'm in complete agreement with your suggestions above. 1 & 3, in particular, would be fantastic additions.

Hi there!

What do you guys think?

Cheers

Great idea. I tend to take screenshots as well, as I like to see how my youngsters develop.

Great idea.

I'd also love an option where you can request that teams train up a certain attribute while they have a player on-loan. I don't really like sending out players on loan if there's a certain stat I want to build up, because it won't get built up as much as I'd like.

Another great idea. I have players I want to loan out, but I want them to be trained in a new position.

Hi, i play this fantastic game since 2000 or so and i every year notice the same issue: the players price. It always is very different from the value wrote in the player profile and i find this "non sense". Nowadays, the cost of the TOP PLAYERS around the world is about 50/60M € (except Bale and a few other players) than, i find unreal when a club wants 240 for Neymar, 90 for Papadopoulos or Corchia, 150 for Yarmolenko and many more examples. Would be a great fix if the club ask you a proper price.

Now another suggestion that could improve the experience and make the game more real: the introduction of "micro-tactics"..a sort of tactic inside the tactic! Would be possible adding a new creator for this purpose where you can shape your game, create schemes (and train them), drawing all the moves and all the passes the players must do in that scheme, split the offensive phase from the defence phase and other thing.

I think this 2 fixes are the greatest changes you can make. :)

Dynamic ticket prices!

Based on own reputation, opponent reputation and tournament prestige. A small bulgarian team shouldn't be stuck with those ticket prices if they win CL 5x times in a row. People would be flocking in to see them and this is without regards to the country's economy.

When players return from holiday their fitness rest at 95% for all of them. Wouldn't it be more realistic if it varied a bit more? Some players do work out in their holiday to try and stay fit and some relaxes with lots of beers and cigars. Perhaps their attitude, some other hidden attribute and some randomness could make it a bit more realistic. The fitness levels of players could span from 92% - 97%.

Goodbye

I am actually surprised that so many FMs have been released without the option to simulate a match. I've been waiting and waiting. Please include an option to just simulate a match and see the result, without having to watch through it. It is really a must have. I apologize if this has been already suggested.

I would like to see a more realistic approach in buying players. But this can be very hard to do as it would require probably an overhaul of the entire transfer system.

In real life, managers do not do the bidding or the contract offering to players. It is done by the finance director and the higher-ups at the club. The managers usually submit a list of players to the board, and they will have a discussion on who is realistic and viable for the club and then the finance/accountant takes over and does what is required to get them over the line. Eg. What david gill used to do at Manchester United.

Thus, i would like to see a system where the manager and the chief scout will have an option to finalize a list of their preferred targets(about 5-10 players) and have a meeting with the board. The board and the manager will then have a discussion on who is their primary target. In the conversation option you have the finance/accountant in charge who will tell you what they are willing to pay for a certain players. If they are not willing to pursue your top target, you can instruct them to get the next in line over.

There's plenty of ways to approach this idea. But this is about how it's done in real life. Managers don't do what the finance chief is supposed to do as we are doing right now.

How about having the option to instruct your youth team manager to rest a youth player from matches when he becomes jaded? I can rest a player from training but my youth team manager keeps playing him and running him into the ground. Also when re-training a youth player to play in a new position, it would be useful to be able to instruct your under 18s manager to play the player exclusively in his new position.

One more suggestion;

when requesting the board to upgrade the youth facilities/training facilities, at the moment they go from eg. poor to average, and average to good and good to excellent etc. If you have a lot of cash in the bank, it would be good to be given the option by the board of spending more money on facility upgrades.

Upon requesting this, the board could ask how much you want to spend on the upgrade, so you could ask to spend double the amount and go from average to excellent in one go, which would drain the bank balance but give you the option of deciding how good you want your facilities to be.

I am actually surprised that so many FMs have been released without the option to simulate a match. I've been waiting and waiting. Please include an option to just simulate a match and see the result, without having to watch through it. It is really a must have. I apologize if this has been already suggested.

I agree with this.

Doesn't that defeat the whole point of playing the game?

Plus managers can go on holiday.

It would be nice if your assistant manager could give you a heads up when a player on your shortlist is likely to get a work permit. It bothers me when you bid for a player and he doesn't get a work permit, and then another team bids for the same player a couple of weeks later and he gets a work permit right away. AI teams always seems to know.

Thought of a way to speed up getting through agent offers 50% more quickly.

The current system is that you get the offer, then you have to scout the player to ge his stats, so you're looking at two emails/actions minimum.

Instead of this, why not auto-scout players offered by agents, or have a option where this could be chosen, so the offer email comes directly with the report attached? Speeds up the process and would halve the number of inbox items of this type.

Thought of a way to speed up getting through agent offers 50% more quickly.

The current system is that you get the offer' date=' then you have to scout the player to ge his stats, so you're looking at two emails/actions minimum.

Instead of this, why not auto-scout players offered by agents, or have a option where this could be chosen, so the offer email comes directly with the report attached? Speeds up the process and would halve the number of inbox items of this type.[/quote']

no don't want auto-scout I might already have enough players in that position if you have very limited number of scouts it would be a waste of time in which they colud scout players for positions you actually need

I know coaching staff can leave a club when a manager is sacked/resigned etc.. but it'd be realistic to see AI managers that get appointed at a new club bring their preferred staff along with them also.

Think Redknapp he seems to have preferred coaching staff members and he always tends to take Joe Jordan, Kevin Bond wherever he goes next.

Ok, idk if this has been mentioned.

Does any one else feel that there isn´t enough difference in "feel" when managing a club like Man Utd, Juventus, Barcelona, compared to lower level teams? Sure, the players and (number of) staff are different, but I feel that that's about it. You get the same press conferences, the same match day routine, looking for players is different sure but it is still the same way of searching and trying to poach players from your rivals.

Idk, just thinking out loud and wondering if it was a possibility to incorporate all the surroundings of those big clubs into FM, that aren't there in those smaller clubs.

1. more tutoring options:

1.1 let say you have a player with high crossing. you can ask him to tutor a teammate (not just youngsters) and to work on crossing.

1.2 same thing with PPM. when you're teaching a player PPM, you can ask another player who already familiar with the same PPM to tutor him.

1.3 tutoring history: how many times i asked X to tutor Y again and again. the problem is that i can't remember if it had a bad effect on a positive.

2. transfers and contracts: are the biggest drawback of FM. you can check my thread at http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/360220-players-wage-demands-irrational.

basically, the players/teams ask you for more money/wage than from the computer. or a 17 years old thinks i'm a oil tycoon and ask me for £15k a week.

3. bigger fonts, especially the attributes.

3.1 the player screen should be more like windows where you can drag and change the size of all the information window there

With the transfer window recently closed and football manager recently introducing the option of participating in deadlinebe ay here are a few quick ideas to really make this cuttwhen edge:

1) Hijacking players - if a player agrees to sign for man united as an example, you as manager as Chelsea for example can be apprached by the players agent who reveals the contract offer and gives you the opportunity to match the contract and then enable negotions with selling club. In the same instance you could accept / confirm a transfer for a player only to be gazumped yourself.

2) Media Statements - being able to claim a player is currently having a medical at the club, this could put pressure on rivals interested in the player to effectively spend more money than needed, this could also turn a players head as in real life.

3) interact with agent - when making offers for players there is an 'interact with board' option, on deadline day there could be an 'interact with agent' option. This can be used when struggling to agree a fee with a club and time is running out. You could encourage the agent to ask the player to hand in a transfer request in an attempt to force a late deal through. Real life instances of this would be Torres to Chelsea, Meireles to Chelsea and Fellaini to Man United. All of these players signed hours after handing in transfer requests on deadline day.

Moving away from deadline day and onto transfers in general. There could be an option to make an enquiry to club and an enquiry to agent. This would be useful to get a very accurate idea of player interest and any contractual clauses. This could be developed further to the point where certain agents reveal certain amounts of info, for example an agent who you have paid higher fees to and have more players at the club would be a lot more willing to talk and construct a deal.

I know this is very agent related and not very spirited of the game but we are in an age now where things like this happen and is a major part in football and the above are only initial ideas that could be carefuly worked on for more realism in what is now described as a volatile transfer market

ok these suggestions are a little bit long so bear with me please..I have 4 suggestions.1) option to send coaches on courses, not wait for them to attend.2)option to go on a language course so your players get to grips with your tactics faster 3) sponsorship contract negotiations just as you negotiate a players contract..you should be able to negotiate higher sponsorship income if your club is more successful..also maybe the ability to look for new sponsors if you are not happy with your current deal..just though of this like when city signed a new deal with nike instead of umbro or when chelsea signed a 300 mil pound deal for 10 years with adidas..4)when building a new stadium, option to ask board if they would like to search for sponsorship for the name of the new stadium..as this can bring in additional funds..5) Director of football can be given an advanced criteria to search for specific type of player whereby you can add conditions to this search such as player role, position, age, current and potential ability..so as to make your dof more effective in searching for what you want..lastly regarding this sponsorship negotiations, i believe it is very important as i get the feeling you are going to implement financial fair play rules and therefore you need to have improvements made in how you can make more income from sponsors or from anywhere else

Regarding regens..I find this happens every now and then and is rather weird..i sign a regen say with potential ability of 5 stars..i then go to class and log out of the game..i come back to my save later and his potential ability has decreased by half a star..although he is still a very good future prospect..it grinds me so such that he randomly drops half a star

okay, so I've started playing FM since 2012 and have properly a copy for each FM13 version there is (iOS, Android and PC) and been playing quite a lot as sort of either a primary game or something to do in between games.

one thing I like about football are the transfers which causes me to make a lot of saves. however, I feel persuaded to avoid lower league clubs because of their lack of budget. sadly, this is understandable as club IRL purchased players that season and lala lala.

here's my idea, how about have an option to change rhe squad back to before the summer transfer had begun and teams started with a higher transfer / wage budget? like, the transfer money yoi received was from the transfers that won't put through since they didnt "happen". so if I started it on the new game, I'd have about £42m more with Arsenal with the additions of Gervinho and co. but notOzil. just a suggestion so that lower teams in higher leagues can have a little fun in the market without selling.

quick note; more interview options. you just get asked the same things but with names exchanged and things. I don't want it immersive, just different options and possibly the order mixed up as you can tell what are the good responses and what are the bad responses.

I always play without real life players as I find it more interesting. What I find disappointing is that each time I generate a new game the same old teams are available for jobs, when I start unemployed. Surely we can randomize this also to some degree (obviously the top 10 managers in a 20 team league are unlikely to lose their jobs, but there's a fair argument that the bottom 3-4 in any league are 'fair game' when it comes to possibly needing a new manager ?)

here's my idea, how about have an option to change rhe squad back to before the summer transfer had begun and teams started with a higher transfer / wage budget? like, the transfer money yoi received was from the transfers that won't put through since they didnt "happen". so if I started it on the new game, I'd have about £42m more with Arsenal with the additions of Gervinho and co. but notOzil. just a suggestion so that lower teams in higher leagues can have a little fun in the market without selling.

This is one of the things that I haven't thought of, because it's just a change in the initial database. And fairly insignificant as such in the long run.

It's still a wonderful idea in my opinion. The detail is just as important as anything.

What FM really really needs is for the game to implement the creation of new nations better. For example when adding teams to Europe, they may partake in qualification campaigns and the like, but always at the expense of a national team already in the game, in most cases Montenegro. This simply isn't good enough and I'm sure there is a way to allow extra qualification places with newly created nations in mind.

Furthermore I think the ability to edit default competitions without recreating them is an absolute necessity, along with more rules for newly created competitions, for example cross-border leagues and the ability to set MLS/A-League style rules.

Ive been playing football manager since the days of championship manager and every year the game has got better and more challenging but I do feel we still can explore a few departments. Over the next few weeks I will be posting some ideas for future editions

IDEA 1

New way to get a job.

You have to talk your way into the job.

If your interested in a job and you are considered worthy of an interview then you will be invited by the club to discuss the position. During this process you will discuss the following

° The club reputation and where the owner/chairman expects to see the club in the future both short & long term. Financial situations such as transfer and wage funds and investment into the infstructure of the club such training facilities and youth development

° The club owners will ask for your ideas on how you will go about improving the financial status of the club and how you will improve the club reputation and status both short term and long term. Talk about potential targets both staff and players.

Depending on your responses the owner can then invite you for a second interview and in the second interview you will discuss your wage and contract length but also iron out any issues you would like to address.

If successful you will be announced as the new manager in a press conference within a matter of days.

During the process of first and second interview you will have to deal with newspaper rumours concerning your status with that potential club. Depending on how you address the rumours could also have an impact on your whether you get the job.

Doesn't that defeat the whole point of playing the game?

Plus managers can go on holiday.

What's the purpose of the game? I love to sometimes play "holiday"-games where I don't manage the matches. I know many others who likes to do the same when the motivation for spending hours on the game is low but where there's motivation to spend 30 minutes a day but still see some fast progression. Unfortunately it's very limited as it is now. The assistant are rarely using the squad as I want to. So yes, you can holiday through the matches but then you will have very little control over the team. And if you've made a bid for a player earlier and they accept later that evening, your head of football/assistant/chairman will give him an contract offer which you cannot influence.

I would like us to be able to set up guidelines for the assistant to go after in games where I don't want to watch it, just get a quick result. Who to use, who to not use. Who to sub on if we lead. Who to sub off if we're losing.

I'm sick of the crazy amount of woodwork and red cards (not occurring to my team only). I'm sure, after 27 pages, it was mentioned alread, but it is worth a shout again maybe. I wish press conferences to be kicked out of the universe, but an option to enable/disable them would be nice as well. I don't want my assistant to suggest me stupid stuff like "Cavani status is wrong, he shouldn't be a key player but useless" when he is first team squad regular and top striker, or suggesting me to congratulate for his shape after an horrible performance.

Repetita iuvant.

Hi there I am from New Zealand and would love to be able to adjust the Asian Champions League qualification rules to allow the Wellington Phoenix a possibility of qualifying. I have had a great time/challenge managing Gold Coast Utd through the A-league and then to the top of Asia but would really love to take New Zealand's only professional club to the top (and my favorite team).

I think that the rules that exclude the Wellington Phoenix from Asian Champions League qualification would have to change if 'Nix' were to win a title in real life. Maybe even putting in an extra story line in to the game about the Hyundai A-League chairman reconsidering the exclusion of Wellington Phoenix after the Phoenix winning the title. Even a game (programmed) rule about 1 season title (with the Phoenix) to change the exclusion rule and then you have the opportunity to qualify the following season, would be realistic in my opinion. This way you could keep the legit rules but if someone has a game with the Phoenix they can keep progressing rather than getting over it after 2-3 seasons because of the lack of opportunity (win or lose) to qualify into bigger and better Leagues.

I also think it would be nice to have the ability to manage in the ASB Premiership, New Zealand's semi-professional league so that managers from NZ might be able to start unemployed and start locally instead of having to go into bottom division European Leagues, it would be epic for me as I could then develop my in game local player knowledge before progressing onto the Wellington Phoenix. There is also an Oceania Champions League that normally one of the ASB Premiership win and then qualify for the Club World Cup so for me and a lot of other kiwis being able to start at the bottom locally would be a very fun challenge. This OCL is where the A-League ACL rules stem from because technically New Zealand teams can qualify for the OCL, except Wellington Phoenix is part of an Australian Competition just based in New Zealand, very frustrating.

Thanks for reading my response and keep up the good work FM is getting better and better. :)

Another idea just sprung to mind.

Scouting Targets

The idea popped in my head when, in my current save, I realised that I'd missed scouting on the U21 Finals. I'd known they were coming up, but when I went to assign a scout, it was too early and I didn't have the option to select it. I then forgot about it while I was caught up in doing transfer deals in close season.

I think a handy ability would be to set scouting targets via your head scout.

I.e In Season X, you would like to scout the Copa Libertadores, the African Cup of Nations and the Belgian Cup. You give these as targets to your Head Scout and he ensures that a scout is sent to target that competition at the appropriate time.

Another idea just sprung to mind.

Scouting Targets

The idea popped in my head when, in my current save, I realised that I'd missed scouting on the U21 Finals. I'd known they were coming up, but when I went to assign a scout, it was too early and I didn't have the option to select it. I then forgot about it while I was caught up in doing transfer deals in close season.

I think a handy ability would be to set scouting targets via your head scout.

I.e In Season X, you would like to scout the Copa Libertadores, the African Cup of Nations and the Belgian Cup. You give these as targets to your Head Scout and he ensures that a scout is sent to target that competition at the appropriate time.

On this, a even better feature, imo, would be, at start of the season your head scout would come to you and say..."this season there is these international competitions, would you like to scout any of them?" something like that.

Love the idea of starting the season with a meeting with the scout(s), assigning them to certain tournaments early on!

Also, how about incorporating taxes? Just heard recently that the tax system in Spain made it harder for Man Utd to sign Herrera because Herrera himself had to give his club the sum in his min tr. fee clausul, and this would cost Man Utd a lot more because of the Spanish tax system.

Secondly, how about a option to play as a sports director? You handle the transfers and some of the backroom stuff, and the team manager ( or your assistant ) takes care of the matches and more day to day stuff. Your job would then be to get the best players for a given system. Before each season you, the board and the (assistant) manager negotiate a playing system, where you need players, the budget etc.

Archived