What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot more transfer activity in the transfer window

Right, when the live active window was introduced and especially the "deadline day take part feature" I welcomed it with open arms

Managing Birmingham City being in the precarious financial state were in, and at least 7 of my first team being on an ave of 7.40 and over, running away with the league you'd think I'd be fighting off bids for my players in question but not one bid was made in the whole window!

I've mentioned this before in many previous FM's suggestions it's just the lack of any activity whatsoever (especially bids made for my players) and thus bringing this in (even if it men't me losing players who'd I'd would rather keep) would bring a vastly new dimension and realistic approach to the game to a whole new level.

So to conclude .... I would love to see bids flying in everywhere, chairmen accepting bids without your consent, players pushing for moves etc etc, again as said before its just seems the the window comes and goes with nothing really happening

:thup:

Just the sorta excitement I would love to see in FM14 for example......

Liverpool have rejected Arsenal's improved offer of just over £40m for Uruguayan striker Luis Suarez.

The unusual bid, understood to be £40,000,001, was designed to trigger a clause in the player's contract, but Liverpool have turned it down.

Under the terms of Suarez's deal, the club are duty bound to consider any offer for him in excess of £40m and then inform the 26-year-old of it.

It is just an example from an irl situation of which I'd love to see implemented, would be a joy :applause:

This may have been posted (I'm not going to read through the entire thread to see), but I'd like to see expanded leagues. When I play the game, I like taking one of the lowest tier leagues possible and getting them promoted as high as possible. Even if this means having amateur teams in the game. I don't even know if amateur teams are playable. I've never seen it, but maybe there are some somewhere. For example, according to Wikipedia, there are 10 levels in the Swedish football system. Football Manager contains four of them. Four is pretty good, but I think it'd be sweet to go as low as the 10th and make a career to see how far up I could take an amateur team. I suppose this is slightly realistic, but I always like a challenge.

This may have been posted (I'm not going to read through the entire thread to see), but I'd like to see expanded leagues. When I play the game, I like taking one of the lowest tier leagues possible and getting them promoted as high as possible. Even if this means having amateur teams in the game. I don't even know if amateur teams are playable. I've never seen it, but maybe there are some somewhere. For example, according to Wikipedia, there are 10 levels in the Swedish football system. Football Manager contains four of them. Four is pretty good, but I think it'd be sweet to go as low as the 10th and make a career to see how far up I could take an amateur team. I suppose this is slightly realistic, but I always like a challenge.

Whilst having them included in the game from the start is a perfectly reasonable request, it may increase the size of the game too much for the average user.

Thankfully SI have made the league systems editable, and it should be possible to find community-made downloads that go far down the league pyramids for most countries. I know there is England right down a long way, and there could well be Sweden too.

Try the editors hideaway of this website, or google.

If any league edits aren't well enough made for you they are very easily removed from your game, you have the option to select edt. files when you begin a new game

What I'd love is a role whereby you are a DoF and you can leave the day to day tactics and training to the manager.

Your role would be to oversee all aspects of the club - from hiring/firing of the coaching staff and team management, scouting, contract negotiations with players, sponsors, looking at ground expansion/relocation, youth teams, dealing with press....

SI - has this ever been looked into or would it require a completely different engine? I find the day to day variation in outcomes frustrating, but it would be amazing to managing at a wider, strategic level.

Strategy is after all much more interesting than tactics!

I think that there should be 2 different reputation ratings for each club; historical and current. Clubs can be doing poorly in the present day but still retain a cache far above other clubs who are performing similarly, because of their past. For example Real Madrid haven't won the champions's league for over a decade yet they remain arguably the most prestigious club in football. Likewise, say Milan, pretty average at the moment (by their standards) in a division which has lost its former lustre, but for many it is still the club of Shevchenko, Van Basten, Baresi etc and so carries a far greater level of prestige than, say, Udinese do.

Liverpool are a good English example, their name carries far more clout than their performances would normally warrant over the last 20 years, though I would say that that is starting to diminish as players nowadays are mostly too young to remember Liverpool's glory days. So historical performance can only sustain you so far, but it can never completely go - take even a much smaller club, say Bari and I still think of Zvonimr Boban and David Platt (bit random I know!), Napoli and Maradona, Crystal Palace and the final of 1990, Ian Wright, Mark Bright, Salako and Thomas.

So my suggestion would be for there to be a historical reputation attached to clubs, which can fade away or grow, but is much slower to change than the current reputation we have now. In the game I would imagine there is not much to choose between Man City and Utd, but the latter would carry a larger historically derived cache from a more storied history (imo).

Even in America, Notre Dame haven't won a National Championship for 25 years, but they're still the biggest name in College football, maybe all of football (american). Tiger Woods hasn't won a Major in half a decade but he's still the favourite for every major and the biggest star. I think that should be in FM.

History matters, the players you sign matter, you the manager matter. And your decisions and achievements from the past should echo down the ages still to come.

Not sure if this has been mentioned guys as I havn't looked through every suggestion.

Season Tickets

How about an option to offer season tickets at a reduced price to encourage more sales?

Sounds like a boardroom decision, but it would be a great addition to the boardroom requests for sure in my opinion.

I would also like to see what I just made a new thread for. I'd like to see the "dirty" side of the game implemented. Perhaps the he option to tell individual players to attempt to injure opposing players with the risk that you will either get caught (if doing it too much) or that your player will turn you in if he's got a good heart or if he has no loyalty to you or the team. Maybe a pep talk option to "tackle hard; don't worry about the consequences." I know that may be controversial to some since many find football to be about professionalism, but there could be an option to disable it. Would be great for people like me who enjoy dirty tactics in sport video games.

One of the previous versions (poss FM2010?) you could nominate the upcomming match "Game of the Season" - would be good for that to be re-introduced and the associated board, squad and media messages about it

make available for U-18/19/20 etc I have a fair number of promising players per postion and some don't get time even in reservesI I use a mix of youths and backups-ie subs in reserves) so a make available for u18(or whatever it is for your club) would allow your 16/17 year old to train with your first team but still get games games at u-18 etc level is better then none at all

Id love to see more position centric player preferred moves. For example I'd like to be able to tell wingers to tuck inside when defending, train specific full backs to look to overlap (without using the touchline instructions) and, one that is prevalent in European football these days - a defensive midfielder to drop back to act as a third centre back ala Javi Martinez or Javier Mascherano to give license to the wing backs to bomb forward.

Id also like to see PPMs that should be easy to unlearn ACTUALLY BE UNLEARNED. Having James Rodriguez waste opportunity after opportunity by rifling efforts from 30yds 10 times a match because my coaches can't apparently teach him not be an idiot was easily the most frustrating experience of this years game.

Tactics:

So it seems to me that the tactics system could yet be more flexible and more realistic.

I'd propose a "with ball" and "without ball" for each tactic.

So the team could change shape with or without the ball much like teams do in real life. (4-2-3-1/4-3-3 with, 4-4-1-1 without), you could extend this to tempo, width, how high up the pitch you're playing. For example I may want to sit back, be compact and only press in my own half. Then as soon as I win the ball I want to get players forward at a high tempo and play wide and high up the pitch.

Alternatively I may want to press really high up the pitch without the ball, have players try and win the ball back as soon as possible. Then slow down play with the ball and focus on keeping possession to try and starve a game out.

If you try and change a shape too much with or without then a tactic might fail. Plus if you try and change more then a tactic takes a lot longer to get used to.

I also think there should be way more notches on the sliders when changing how much a team presses or how short their passes are. Even how much freedom you give the players.

Scouting:

So rather than just having scouts randomly looking for talent, why not have your head scout ask you what positions you would like to strengthen?

Whether you need a back up goalkeeper, a first choice striker.

If you wanted to go into more detail you could say "I need a young backup goalkeeper" or "I need an older backup goalkeeper". This would enable you to find players not expecting to play every week, plus scouting updates would be more relevant to your team and what you want.

You could set how often your chief scout asks you what you're looking for. Or you could say "use your own judgement" for good chief scouts and the scouts will look for what he thinks you need.

Scouting:

So rather than just having scouts randomly looking for talent, why not have your head scout ask you what positions you would like to strengthen?

I'm fairly certain you can already issue your scouts with filters for positions, although the rest of your scouting suggestions would be quite good

My biggest gripe with the game is how difficult and time consuming it is to do massive database changes. I would love if SI included other databases with the game, or maybe as an expansion. A legends database, or the option to play any season. For instance, Out of the Park Baseball is a game somewhat similar to FM and it has the option to play any season dating back to 1900. I would love to go back and play the late 1990s, for instance. Another popular database would be a world league, or a method to set up our own leagues with our own rules. SI could use their old CA/PAs from each release and implement them into the new databases. Another database I would love to see is where every player is released from their contract and becomes a free agent. Or just make it much easier for the average player to manipulate the database and create our own.

My second suggestion is for online. It would be cool if online were quicker and easier to use. One mode that seems cool is a quick league where a set number of teams take turns drafting from a certain player pool, say all EPL players, or all players in the world, all U21 players, etc. The game would then simulate the matches based on the tactics that a player pre-loads, or loads within a few minutes of the draft ending.

To elaborate a bit on my previous post:

It would be awesome if the game included some kind of league creation wizard which was a mode when starting a game. It would give us the freedom to set up a league however we wanted it, with whatever teams and players we wanted. If we wanted all fictional teams with real players, we could do it. If we wanted real teams with fictional players, or real teams with real players, we could. We could set up whatever homegrown rules, relegation rules, cup rules, etc. We could easily assign players to specific teams, or have the players selected in snake-style drafts, or have them all be free agents.

I realize people like LFMmarshall put a ton of work into their custom databases, and those efforts are very much appreciated, but what about making it easier for the average person, and the expert alike, to set up their own databases?

To elaborate a bit on my previous post:

It would be awesome if the game included some kind of league creation wizard which was a mode when starting a game. It would give us the freedom to set up a league however we wanted it, with whatever teams and players we wanted. If we wanted all fictional teams with real players, we could do it. If we wanted real teams with fictional players, or real teams with real players, we could. We could set up whatever homegrown rules, relegation rules, cup rules, etc. We could easily assign players to specific teams, or have the players selected in snake-style drafts, or have them all be free agents.

I realize people like LFMmarshall put a ton of work into their custom databases, and those efforts are very much appreciated, but what about making it easier for the average person, and the expert alike, to set up their own databases?

I see where you're coming from, but I don't think there would be an easy way to do that. The editor is a massively powerful tool, but I don't think it's that tough to use after an initial learning curve. However, I do agree that it's time consuming. Even so, I don't think there would be a way to make it any quicker, aside from providing extra databases like you mention. The problem then comes in maintaining multiple databases - they have a hard enough time as it is.

At least we can take solace in the editor even existing.

hi i just wanted to give a few suggestions.

1. Mario Sampirisi (in the winter update of FM13 plays on loan at Chievo (serie a) from Genoa (serie A), but this summer irl came back to genoa) is not a natural DC/accomplished DR, but the opposite: a natural DR and an accomplished DC.

2. Being able to pick more than one favourite club, for example 3, and a minimum choice of 1.

3. when you ask for a parent/feeder team, you should be able to be given a choice of the team (so that the chairman can try, not neccesserally make it) or at least of the country you'd like.

4. Historical and Current reputations: as i read on this thread some teams (eg: Wigan) have a terrible history but a great present and other teams (Leeds utd) have a great history but not so great present.

5. managing reserves and under 18: so that you could grow youngsters or start a realistic career, and if you see any good players mention it to the first team manager or the DofF.

6. History of players: when i look at the goals scored i can only see the goals in the league, but it makes more sense to show even all other competitions.

7. shirt sales: when you sign a high profile players your shirt sale increases, but it would be nice to see all the shirt sales and the decreases and increases of a perdiod of time (eg 1 month). Like if you have a player who is overperforming the next month his shirt sales will increase, which gives you more money.

I'm fairly certain you can already issue your scouts with filters for positions, although the rest of your scouting suggestions would be quite good

You can - You can also set to how many talent stars the player should have. Unfortunately this doesn't work very well whenever I've used it.

Just a few suggestions which would personally make the game a bit better for me!

• When signing a player from the club there should be a clause where you can loan that player back to them. This would be ideal for younger players when you buy them from a lower league side, this would allow that player to gain some first-team experience and develop a bit more before you take him on fully. Exactly like what Stoke did with Jack Butland.
  • When making an offer for a player you can offer a player in exchange, sadly this is only on a permanent basis, you should be allowed to offer a player to go on loan to that club as part of the deal.
  • When searching for feeder/parent club and you're given a choice to pick a team then the chairman/board should try and find one based on your recommendation, if this is unsuccessful then the chairman/board should look for an alternative.
  • More youth team and the ability to create youth academies around the country/in different continents or countries. This would allow you to find talent elsewhere and develop them to become world class players.
  • The ability to set up testimonial matches for long time players would be amazing, this would allow fans to say goodbye to the player or to pay their respect to the player. The player should also have the opportunity of picking who plays in this match.

Apologies of this has already been suggested (very rarely venture on here and 24 pages is a lot!)

Technical Director:

These are fastly growing in the modern game so here is what I suggest:

1) Bring them into the game and let them control the scouting for you, or not as an option. So you have no direct contact with the scouts but all of your contact is through one man - the Technical Director.

2) have the ability to tell them what you want through the use of a filter eg.

I want a central midfielder, who can play as a ball winner, he must be X tall, strength of x, passing of y etc etc (have the ability to add what you want into a list like the wanted or unwanted list in FM13)

He'll go away and instruct the scouts to find you what you want and bring some suggestions of signings with scout ratings for you to go forwards. They also befriend agents and contacts at clubs and could possibly pre-agree fees with clubs and agents/wages etc. eg. I've found you Jon Obi Mikel, he earns 60k a week and Chelsea will let him go for XM etc. His agent tells me he is midly interested in joining. etc

Thanks for reading.

:thup:

Apologies of this has already been suggested (very rarely venture on here and 24 pages is a lot!)

Technical Director:

These are fastly growing in the modern game so here is what I suggest:

1) Bring them into the game and let them control the scouting for you, or not as an option. So you have no direct contact with the scouts but all of your contact is through one man - the Technical Director.

2) have the ability to tell them what you want through the use of a filter eg.

I want a central midfielder, who can play as a ball winner, he must be X tall, strength of x, passing of y etc etc (have the ability to add what you want into a list like the wanted or unwanted list in FM13)

He'll go away and instruct the scouts to find you what you want and bring some suggestions of signings with scout ratings for you to go forwards. They also befriend agents and contacts at clubs and could possibly pre-agree fees with clubs and agents/wages etc. eg. I've found you Jon Obi Mikel, he earns 60k a week and Chelsea will let him go for XM etc. His agent tells me he is midly interested in joining. etc

Thanks for reading.

Nice idea

I have two things that have been bugging me for longer than I can remember.

1) Change the way the ball is returned after putting it out of play when an opponent gets injured. Right now, your player will throw the ball back into play straight into the opponent's feet, who will generally just pump it into the box. Since you were in possession up until that point, the opponent's strikers will not be marked and you'll give away a chance that in real life wouldn't have occurred. It would be a lot easier if you'd throw the ball into play to a team mate who would then play it long towards the opposing GK or CD.

2) I'd like a tactical option for when players need treatment on the sidelines. In real life, someone would fall back to cover their spot (for example a DM would fall back into the CD slot, or a winger would fall back to the full back position). Ingame, this isn't happening. I just got knocked out of the CL because my CD, who was at the sidelines for treatment, his position wasn't covered. This left a huge gap in my central defense which, again, in real life never would have been there.

other ideas:

8. like FM Classic was the big news in this years game...why not have a chairman mode, where you can be the chairman of a team and sign players and such. there are lots of chairmen games online but i think it woud be easier just to put it in the game.

9. Make the press conferences a bit more personal, and maybe use real journalists and photos of the front (or article) pages of real newspapers.

10. I think FM shoud be a bit more personal. for example, if you win the Champions Cup you dont get much applause, and have special interviews and stuff like that. but also if you're the revelation of the year you should have special interviews. In the other case if you're playing badly you should be questined and stuff in the media. What i mean is that the media should become a big part of Fm, like it is in football irl.

11. If the aim of Fm is to be realistic then Im against the using your wages for the club. that's just stupid.

12. when a club legend/big player retires, having a testimonial match for him and like special interviews and stuff.

13. when players want more/less training workload being able to tell the coach to sort it out would be great.

14. also when you apply for a job (unless they offer a contract immediatly) you have to go through a sort of interview where the chairman asks you your views on football, and stuff like that. For example barcelona have a style of football that they want also in the manager. that means that barcelona would never hire mourinho. so if you have a job interview at barcelona you have to convince their chairman that you're perfect for their style of football.

15. I (as a manager) should have attributes (like all the other managers) to which my new clubs can grade me and check if im good enough for them.

16. this is a thing lots of people complain about. when a player asks for game time and you make him play 30-20 minutes per game, it should count as game time. i think there should be a difference from starting games to actual game time. for example rotation players should asks for game time while an old senator who lost his place to a youngster should ask for starting games.

17. Clubs don't tend to put new youth regens up for loan. This would happen in real life as usual (the likes of Wilshere, Welbeck, Sturridge etc all went on loan when they were young even though they were seen as having amazing potential).

18. being able to target a player. if for example pepe gets booked early on, you can make you're team provoke him and stuff, and hope he reacts and so he gets (but also your player) a booking, making him come off. so there should be high tempered players and calm players, with it being easier to wind up the high tempered players.

19. tell your club the transfer and wage budgets are too big and they should be used somewhere else would be realistic and intelligent.

20. being able to change ticket prices. for example if you're man city and youre playing corby town in the fa cup, you know you wont have a big attendance so you can lower your ticket price which gives you a higher attendane/income. then for big games (for example vs united) you can raise your ticket price and stuff.

21. also being able to suggest to a young player with dual nationality which to choose. So for instance you could suggest to Emre Can that he should wait for a chance with Germany rather than commit to Turkey, and if he agrees he'll then like you more once he gets called up for Germany, but if after a few years they haven't called him up he'll get pissed off with you.

22. if I take over a big club as my first job, regardless of my reputation I shouldn't immediately be the best-paid manager in the division. Make my initial contract on a lower wage to show that I'm unproven.

23. i wouldn't take away the agents as they are an important part of real football and without them the game would be unrealistic.

24. if you're a national team manager you should be able to talk to your players and tell them that they should change clubs, or to go to europe, or to go off on loan to recover from a bad injury.

Evening all. Haven't been on these forums for some time, so I'll explain my sudden return:-

For Football Manager 2014, the developers have to review the 'average rating' system. I've found that it certainly favours defenders, in particular centre-halves. It may not seem much, but I'm in my third season on my Arsenal save. I've just been asked by a journalist who my choice for the PFA Player of the Year is and all the options were, as previously alluded to, centre-backs: Per Mertesacker, Vincent Kompany, Raphaël Varane, Fabricio Coloccini, James Tomkins and Jonny Evans.

I decided to do a bit of digging, checking the league's highest average ratings. Here's what I found:-

j90o.png

If you aren't familiar with the majority of these players' positions, a whopping 20 out of 25 players with the highest average rating in the league are centre-backs! This isn't an anomaly, too - it happened last season and the season before that. The apparent flaws in the average rating system is reflected in the league's 'Man of the Match' awards too. 15 of the top 25 'Man of the Match' winners are, you guessed it, centre-backs - the highest being Brede Hangeland and Iván Ramis, both on 9. The closest midfielder or forward is Luís Suárez, on 5 Man of the Match awards. The number on the right-hand side of the player names are their respective average ratings.

It'd be great to see if anyone else has encountered the same, frustrating issue as me. If so, I hope it's something which you admins will note down and take up with the Football Manager hierarchy.

Okay here are my wishes for FM2014 and future versions:

1. More visibility on some of our key decisions

FM in its current state lacks the (visible) depth that investing in the professional structure of a club can really result in achieving long term success.

For instance in FM we are able to invest in the training grounds/facilities but we hardly get any real feedback on how it has effected the club. We just receive a message that the upgrade has been done. We are not actually experiencing a noticeable difference of the upgraded facilities having effects on the personal attributes of players. Poor facilities have an impact on players reaching their potential. I would be nice to get (visual) return on investment.

Same goes for investing in youth academy. What exactly has been changed and what are the benefits? A good example would be that the next season we are able to attract better regens because they have choosen our club mainly on the good youth set up we have. And of course again, we should see a slightly quicker development of those youth players.

In modern football there are a more or less three ways to have success:

1. Instant success: by buying players who can have an immediate impact

2. By carefully laying a structure underneath a club based on good facilities, great youth development and superb training programmes. This could be a way for less big teams to compete with the clubs who have the most money (and usually only care for Instant Success).

3. A combination of both 1 & 2 which usually is only possible when you’re managing the biggest clubs in the world.

To be honest the overall FM experience usually leans towards the first method (apart from buying all young new regens against bargains fees), mainly because we do not see how the second method really results in success. It would be a fantastic addition if Si manages to make it a lot more visible and therefore rewardable to invest more in the structure of the club (instead of only buying players) which gives us the opportunity to become managers who set out real long term policy at a club.

2. Club Philosophy

Adding to number 1. It would be great if clubs are given a club philosophy and see the club act accordingly, for example:

What I would like to see more in FM is the real identity of clubs being represented more. What defines Arsenal as Arsenal? Why is Ajax such a different club compared to most. I think what I would like to see is for a group of well known clubs to have a clear club philosophy and see them act accordingly in football manager.

For example:

Ajax:

- Invests heavily on youth set up and training facilities

- brings in the most talented players between 15-18

- Scouting is formidable in Denmark & Serbia

- Does not spend more than 10 million on a single player

- All teams from youth to 1st team play in a 4-3-3 formation

3. Adding to number 2, negotiations between us and a new club we want to manage are enhanced. It should not always be us at the driver’s seat. I would love to see a club’s philosophy being translated in the contract negotiations for example:

The board wants you to play 4-3-3

The board wants you to work with the current staff and will not let you bring in your own assistant managerThe board is investing a lot in the structure with better training facilities for you to work with, this however implies that for the next two seasons your transfer budget will be limited to ……

These points also reflect my desire for a pro active board. It should not always be me who asks something of the board. It should also work the other way around during the game. If the club philosophy is endangered the board needs to step in. Or if the club philosophy is based on player development, we should see the board invest without our request in facilities and we should see the result of it.

4. Enhance and vastly improve the rol of the DoF linked with the scouting at the club

If we become manager at a club with a DoF it usually means in real life that the manager only has a small say in the technical aspects of the game. In future FM games we should not be able to start as a manager and run all the transfer activity if there is a DoF at the club. That could well be part of the club philosophy I already talked about.

The DoF is in charge of the scouting & negotiations. In FM2013 I would not rely on my DoF to find me any spectacular signings or have him actually strengthen my squad in the necessary positions.

Therefore in FM2014 I’d love to see a way better DoF. And for us as manager to be able to give the DoF specific requests, through the search filters for instance, what kind of player he and the scouting should be looking for.

I guess what I am looking for is a DoF who can surprise me, who can really help bringing the club to a higher level.

5. TV deals & Sponsoring & Merchandising

These three parts are almost in order of importance the fundaments under a club. In FM they feel unflexible and out of our control. I would love to see TV Deals become better for a club/competition when the performances are good over a periode of time. I would also love to see our clubs attract bigger sponsors & actually merchandise more when we perform well or attract great players. Again the visibility/return on investment is not reflected well in enough in FM.

Example: when buying Neymar we usually see a message that says something in the likes of “we should see an increase in shirt sales”. In future FM’s it would be nice to actually get the visual feedback of how the merchandising has performed. Or perhaps which sponsors were added because of this.

One of the main themes in all these points is: I’d like to see more visibility of our decisions (whether with a poor or a great outcome), more visible action-reaction. Football Manager has soooo many features but with a whole bunch of them they seem to be there for the sake of it. I know there is a lot going on under the hood, but I just want to see more decision – consequence – result feedback in the game, especially in the areas: training, upgrading facilities, development of players, transfer activity.

6. A better visual representation of the stadiums & clubs we manage and visit

A few examples:

I would love to get a tour/sightseeing around the club that I am in negotiation with. What do the facilities look like, the stadium etcetera. If we visually see the representation of poor or superb facilities, we’d be a lot better informed and get a lot more feeling with a club we are managing in FM.

Pre-match it would be awesome if we could see a “satellite” kind of zoom in of the town and stadium we are visiting. Again I think it adds to the feel of managing a club by getting the sense of travelling and visiting other cities

7. AI/ Match Engine shows differences in sort of football per country

It would be great if Si games could manage to make the difference in football interpretation between countries/teams be shown a lot more in terms of tempo, possession based football, defensive/attacking sort of football. For instance: dutch teams usually play with a lot more closing down and pressure without the ball and tend to rely a lot on positional possession play with the ball. Italian teams usally sit back a lot more and react on the opponent, English teams play in a much higher tempo and often play with a lot more directness. Even though it has become better over the years, I have hardly seen AI teams play football that you’d expect from it. I know it is tough to get it right but there are noticeable differences in how teams play and I would love to see it more in FM.

Go On Holiday - It would help if the 'Return Date' options were broadened. Currently we have the option to return after 'x' specified days, on a specifically chosen date (next week, month or match) or to holiday indefinitely. I'd like to see a filter or something like that added which allows you to customize when you return from holiday - you could have a long list of check boxes with a number of different options (e.g. Press Conference, Squad Registration, Squad Bonuses, Transfer Bid, Job Offer, Next Match etc) and you select the options which would then trigger your return from holiday.

It will be nice if we can choose the possibility to play the game without the CA and PA stars. Just with the atributes, and when we scout a young player, the scout report for us the possibility of the player be a star or not. How better the atributes of the Scout, more certain it will be the report.

This will do of the game more realistic, in the hour of buy some player, we have to search for a player with good rating in the games and good atributes.

Sorry my bad english, I'm brazilian.

FM in its current state lacks the (visible) depth that investing in the professional structure of a club can really result in achieving long term success.

For instance in FM we are able to invest in the training grounds/facilities but we hardly get any real feedback on how it has effected the club. We just receive a message that the upgrade has been done. We are not actually experiencing a noticeable difference of the upgraded facilities having effects on the personal attributes of players. Poor facilities have an impact on players reaching their potential. I would be nice to get (visual) return on investment.

Same goes for investing in youth academy. What exactly has been changed and what are the benefits? A good example would be that the next season we are able to attract better regens because they have choosen our club mainly on the good youth set up we have. And of course again, we should see a slightly quicker development of those youth players.

2. By carefully laying a structure underneath a club based on good facilities, great youth development and superb training programmes. This could be a way for less big teams to compete with the clubs who have the most money (and usually only care for Instant Success).

3. A combination of both 1 & 2 which usually is only possible when you’re managing the biggest clubs in the world.

To be honest the overall FM experience usually leans towards the first method (apart from buying all young new regens against bargains fees), mainly because we do not see how the second method really results in success. It would be a fantastic addition if Si manages to make it a lot more visible and therefore rewardable to invest more in the structure of the club (instead of only buying players) which gives us the opportunity to become managers who set out real long term policy at a club.

2. Club Philosophy

Adding to number 1. It would be great if clubs are given a club philosophy and see the club act accordingly, for example:

What I would like to see more in FM is the real identity of clubs being represented more. What defines Arsenal as Arsenal? Why is Ajax such a different club compared to most. I think what I would like to see is for a group of well known clubs to have a clear club philosophy and see them act accordingly in football manager.

For example:

Ajax:

3. Adding to number 2, negotiations between us and a new club we want to manage are enhanced. It should not always be us at the driver’s seat. I would love to see a club’s philosophy being translated in the contract negotiations for example:

The board wants you to work with the current staff and will not let you bring in your own assistant managerThe board is investing a lot in the structure with better training facilities for you to work with, this however implies that for the next two seasons your transfer budget will be limited to ……

These points also reflect my desire for a pro active board. It should not always be me who asks something of the board. It should also work the other way around during the game. If the club philosophy is endangered the board needs to step in. Or if the club philosophy is based on player development, we should see the board invest without our request in facilities and we should see the result of it.

4. Enhance and vastly improve the rol of the DoF linked with the scouting at the club

If we become manager at a club with a DoF it usually means in real life that the manager only has a small say in the technical aspects of the game. In future FM games we should not be able to start as a manager and run all the transfer activity if there is a DoF at the club. That could well be part of the club philosophy I already talked about.

The DoF is in charge of the scouting & negotiations. In FM2013 I would not rely on my DoF to find me any spectacular signings or have him actually strengthen my squad in the necessary positions.

Therefore in FM2014 I’d love to see a way better DoF. And for us as manager to be able to give the DoF specific requests, through the search filters for instance, what kind of player he and the scouting should be looking for.

I guess what I am looking for is a DoF who can surprise me, who can really help bringing the club to a higher level.

These three parts are almost in order of importance the fundaments under a club. In FM they feel unflexible and out of our control. I would love to see TV Deals become better for a club/competition when the performances are good over a periode of time. I would also love to see our clubs attract bigger sponsors & actually merchandise more when we perform well or attract great players. Again the visibility/return on investment is not reflected well in enough in FM.

Example: when buying Neymar we usually see a message that says something in the likes of “we should see an increase in shirt sales”. In future FM’s it would be nice to actually get the visual feedback of how the merchandising has performed. Or perhaps which sponsors were added because of this.

One of the main themes in all these points is: I’d like to see more visibility of our decisions (whether with a poor or a great outcome), more visible action-reaction. Football Manager has soooo many features but with a whole bunch of them they seem to be there for the sake of it. I know there is a lot going on under the hood, but I just want to see more decision – consequence – result feedback in the game, especially in the areas: training, upgrading facilities, development of players, transfer activity.

A few examples:

I would love to get a tour/sightseeing around the club that I am in negotiation with. What do the facilities look like, the stadium etcetera. If we visually see the representation of poor or superb facilities, we’d be a lot better informed and get a lot more feeling with a club we are managing in FM.

Pre-match it would be awesome if we could see a “satellite” kind of zoom in of the town and stadium we are visiting. Again I think it adds to the feel of managing a club by getting the sense of travelling and visiting other cities

It would be great if Si games could manage to make the difference in football interpretation between countries/teams be shown a lot more in terms of tempo, possession based football, defensive/attacking sort of football. For instance: dutch teams usually play with a lot more closing down and pressure without the ball and tend to rely a lot on positional possession play with the ball. Italian teams usally sit back a lot more and react on the opponent, English teams play in a much higher tempo and often play with a lot more directness. Even though it has become better over the years, I have hardly seen AI teams play football that you’d expect from it. I know it is tough to get it right but there are noticeable differences in how teams play and I would love to see it more in FM.

2: what about when you have a board takeover would philosophy change?

I think it would be nice to see a few more roles or maybe even duties.

The one's I can think of would be to have a duty for a CB in a back 3 so the outside CB's would spread out wide into a more FB position when you have the ball. I guess that would be a wide play setting perhaps? Another is making a DM drop in CB position when WB's bomb forward in the manner of Barcelona.

The ability to delegate tasks to your staff in more detail would be good. For example, you could have a staff meeting with your Ass Man, DoF, Chief Scout, Head of Youth. Your AM says "Stephenson at RB is past his best. We need to be looking to phase him out of the team". You ask HOYD if there's anyone who he thinks will be able to step up to the first team in the next year or two. HOYD - "Jenkins is the best we have in the youth team in that position. Unfortunately he's not developing well enough in my opinion to hold down a first team place."

You then ask CS is he's aware of anyone who we could look into. CS - "Walker at Spurs would be an excellent addition to the team"

Ask DoF to enquire about Walker and set him a budget for the player. Ask CS to send some scouts out to look for alternatives to Walker and also a young RB as the one we have in the youth team isn't good enough.

You get the picture. I'm sure there are more scenarios where you could utilise your staff more efficiently if you wished.

Hi, football manager ruined my life (or a big chunk) by making me ridiculously addicted to it, I had to leave it alone for a long time. I recently came back to it (had to try the 3D match engine finally!) but would feel much more comfortable about buying future version if it had some feature that could be switched on for people like me who can't resist "just one more game" but really should!

This could work in several ways:

• Every time the game saves, it asks if you want to quit
  • An option where the game only allows you to play a certain number of matches every 24 hour period (variables adjustable!)
  • Give me some guddamn willpower!

Would be great to see!

2. Club Philosophy

For example:

Ajax:

A few examples:

I have mentioned before that Maps should be implemented. Would add so much more detail to the build up to games, Cup Draws, and would certainly help when managing abroad in a league you arent too familiar with and not sure of the local teams etc. Then you can have a map for your affiliated clubs to show where in the world your links are, one for scouting knowledge and so on. They just need to be pinned on with 'Pins/Flags' and you click for more details, so it doesnt have to be a detailed map, similar to the map on Facebook for your 'check-ins and places visited'.

Match Engine - Not broken this time.

Contract Negotations - Also fix, they are broken.

Sale Value for Young Players- These too are broken.

Also revert to your previous formula for the sale value of players since we cannot use Genie Scout or FMRTE this year in that regard.

That would be great.

Multiple Screen Compatibility

Would be great if the game was Multiple Screen compatible! I have 2 monitors in a dual-screen set up as do many people I know and secondary one goes off as soon as the game is loaded. Think SI should add some features first to make the game compatible with the screens and secondly some features to make use of the other screens available. e.g. tactics on second screen during matches etc.

Hope this gets some serious thought as it would be a great addition!

Thanks

Multiple Screen Compatibility

Would be great if the game was Multiple Screen compatible! I have 2 monitors in a dual-screen set up as do many people I know and secondary one goes off as soon as the game is loaded. Think SI should add some features first to make the game compatible with the screens and secondly some features to make use of the other screens available. e.g. tactics on second screen during matches etc.

Hope this gets some serious thought as it would be a great addition!

Thanks

If you play windowed you can still use the second screen for other things, but it's true there's no support for the game over both monitors. It would be a nice one to have, depends on what they do with it though.

If you play windowed you can still use the second screen for other things, but it's true there's no support for the game over both monitors. It would be a nice one to have, depends on what they do with it though.

Sky's the limit i.m.o. In real life football we have seen with several take overs that a whole new club philosophy was shaped. Perhaps the random take over parties that exist in FM can be given specific philosophies as well. A club philosophy would give clubs more character and would add more feeling to the game. There are some institutes in football that have become and maintained the way they present themselves over years or even decades. I would like to see that translated into the game.

Next to that it could limit our choices in becoming a manager of a club as well, I for instance would not manage a club that has a specific philosophy on tactics because I would choose my tactics based on the sort of players and the way I think the qualities would fit a club the best. Nor would I manage a club that does not invest in youth development. If I would know upfront that the club will not invest in youth facilities and development I will stay clear. What I am aiming at is a much clearer view of a club's character, the possibilities, the board's view on football and investing in it and the demands the board has towards me etc.

Not sure whether this has already been adjusted in FM13 as I play more in FM12 and can't remember whether it happens in 13. I found in FM12 that the 'reminder' date on a notebook item simply doesn't work - in previous versions, setting a note with a reminder date would have it pop into your inbox on that date, but it simply clears to zero as soon as you save the note in 12. Also wherever you form the note, it wants to attach itself to an item in-game (such as a player, club or manager) to have the little gold star next to it. I for one just want some general notes that don't look stupid in news articles - I had one reminding me to arrange reserve friendlies set for the first of every month, as my reserve league is quite small so the league games are only once every 2/3 weeks.

Basically I'd like note reminders to actually work, and "general" notes that I don't make about a specific player or club, to not have the icon next to it. Or alternatively, have a tick box enabling or disabling the little gold star, depending on if people actually like having it there.

Hi,

Since Football Manager is first arriving on Linux ( Ububtu to be precise ) I believe it would be great to see an Ubuntu skin celebrating this. At least I am an Ubuntu user and would love to see an Ubuntu skin :)

Best Regards,

Attilio

Hi,Greece

I have 2 features that I think can change the overall experience of the FMC and why not FM.

Make it more challenge,competitive ,addictive,fun and rewarding.

The good thing is that these features can be added very easily.

The inspiration came from two very good turn based strategy games.

1) Xcom:*Enemy Unknown in this game you have IRONMODE

what is that?

''autosaves after every action and turns off the ability to reload earlier progress''

So no more save-load before important games ex. Semi-final cup

One feature that I never understood why SI not add-it so far.

I'm not saying that it should be mandatory but let me SI have this option.

2)Civilization series.

In this game at the end of the game you have an overall score depending on how well you did it

ex.80.456

In FM you could have a same score for every season ex 2013-2014.

I wont say what factors and how to to count exp. teams strenght,goals,players rating,wins,titles

its up to you SI to deside how will get this total score.

Now combine this two features and whe have a GEAT new game.

Example: 2 Real Madrid fans .can compete with each other

George : I got in ironmode with Real 50.567 in 2013-2014

Alan : Well George I got 65.003 I won *La Liga, and got to the semi finals in CL.

Even SI could organize monthly challenges like take Barcelona for 13-14 season and

try to make in ironmode the best score.

The player with the best score will win a Barcelona T-shirt with outograph from a barca player at the and of December.

Probably been mentioned before, a tiny thing.

When using the editor, I can have staff members that I can choose their gender, female or male.

But, i can't do the same with players.

It would be really nice to have the choice to enter female players as well for a whole bundle of reasons e.g. making female player databases that then use the word "she" in commentary, press conferences etc. FWIW my awareness of this just came from me using the editor to tweak a clubs finances and create some fantasy players. I decided to make a female player superstar and its annoying that "she" gets referred to as "he" everytime she scores a goal!

Archived