What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not normally one to point out potential new features, but I had an idea. I think it would be very beneficial, and realistic and am surprised it hasn't be implemented into Football Manager on any of the previous editions.

(Apologies if it has already been brought up)

Basically, the ability to loan a player back to the club you purchased them from, as a transfer clause.

It's something that does happen in real life, especially with Eastern European sides.

For example, say that I signed a young player from Partizan Belgrade - he had great potential, but not currently first team standard for my team. It'd be good if you could sign him for £x but he stays on loan at Partizan for the season to help is development.

It could make the side more lenient in selling player, knowing that they'd have a suitable amount of time to find a replacement, and would also be useful to you, as a manger, so you don't have the hassle of having to try and loan the player back out once he arrives at the club - as well as knowing he is going to be playing for the side, thus developing as a player.

It's only a little idea I had, thought it could become very useful, so was told to post it in here. Not sure if there's anything in it, just an idea.

For example, say that I signed a young player from Partizan Belgrade - he had great potential, but not currently first team standard for my team. It'd be good if you could sign him for £x but he stays on loan at Partizan for the season to help is development.

You can already do this to an extent. You can set a transfer to take place at the end of the season, so if you bought someone in August then it would go through the following summer.

Your idea would still be an improvement of course, as you could in theory do it summer -> summer, but thought I'd let you know in case you didn't.

Apologies if these have been posted / addressed or already in game.

Job Offers, would like to instruct the approaching club that I will accept the offer if they bring Assistant Manager and Coaches (obviously I would hard cap the amount of coaches this involves and would also be interesting how approaching club vs holding club interact)

New Attribute/Game Play - Would like to see, especially in the English league, more off the ball incidents, more talking points. Would this attribute by temperament or hotheadedness. I appreciate there is the whole licensing issue to protect and you cannot have Player A has beat ten bails of snot out of Player B (Real life players). But why not make it ambiguous. For example "Oh it looks like player A has done something unprofessional off the ball there, the referee has missed it, I am sure the FA will review that!" or "Player A has gone in too hard, the opposing team are surrounding Player demanding action, if the ref doesn't do something this could turn ugly"

Once again I am not saying I particular want my players to be in this action, as many managers wouldn't, but during game play, the amount of none ball action is rare in the extreme. Every weekend there is talking points in the paper. If this game is viewed as a simulator, it needs more explosive Oomph! If you only allow this to happen to regens, I could understand, but I would like more talking points and distractions in game.

Training - I like the sliders training, I like the new style of training, but I feel detached still. I would like more interaction with the training with the current design. So instead of choosing tactics or defense or attack. I would like to say to my coaches, right, this week, I want to concentrate on ball control, defensive positioning and passing, obviously the more choices you choose the less effective it is. During match day training I want you to concentrate on role based positions, defense positioning and attacking set pieces.

I cannot imagine Arsene Wenger telling his team that this week we are going to concentrate on one thing (balance excluded!)

Oh lastly, fining players, does this ever work. I had a player that received 19 yellow cards and 3 red cards in a season, I fined him 1 weeks wages after the 3rd dismissal (after warning him about his previous two) seems players in '13 dont take too kind to discipline after being continually warned, would like to approach the player in retrospect of the message about player being suspended that if he continues down this path, more action will be taken. A warning seems to lay no ground work and they are taken by surprise.

Oh and my favorite idea!!!!

Make the full game able to be stream over network onto tablets. I know I can RDP to my own machine via wireless, but it isnt the same. I know I can get the app to play a streamlined version too. However I would like SI Games to introduce an app that is a visual representation of what the PC is running. PC does the grunt work, tablet displays. It runs ok on some RDP applications but when it comes to matches themselves the visual lag makes it unworkable really. Many a time I have just wanted to lay on the couch and play. I am talking LAN capability not WAN. There are lots of apps out their, mostly media, that have done the stream from PC interaction, it would be amazing if you guys could do it!! I would even pay for that app (not too much tho eh ?)

- Increase in the number of instructions

- In a missing corner or something, pass instructions to a player only.

- More problems between players to be solved, ie, the complexity of egos Administration

- Could be a difference in each country as to the style of play, eg europe is different from america, here has a lot more skill and now in europe the tactical part is more important. In England for example, what prevails is physical force, in Spain already has more technique.

- Greater diversity of the player's personality, influencing it in the game. Already have "likes to play big games" but it could be more specific. Without necessarily require interactivity.

- The player who want to go for a kind of team. Example: "Robinho think you should go back to Brazil to return to his best form", "Neymar wants to go to Barcelona to reach their full potential"

IMPORTANT - greater variety in the official publisher

- Confirm whether or not the team that goes to the game, it would influence both the press and fans, as if to confirm a reserve team, in which there would be less pressure from the press and board and an audience however minor.

- Possibility to hire player even outside the financial reality of the team can afford to marketing actions.

- In relation to sponsorship would be nice to be able to choose suppliers sports, as well as sponsors masters. Without losing the already established form of FM, which is a set back to football, not finances meaningless or has in fifa manager:)

Don't know whether it would be legally possible but I would like to have the option to start with the squads from the 1st July instead of the squads from 1st September. Hence, before most of the transfers are done, so I can relive a situation of a club again and decide which players I would have bought/sold instead.

If you want to sign players on the cheap just add yourself as the other teams manager....

One thing is for a player to another club and leave wanting more pay, another clue and leave a less significant earning misery and wanting to go to a great absurdity receive a salary that is not real

Haven't been through the whole thread so I apologise if this one has been mentioned before. I'd like human managers to have coaching stats like every AI manager does. This would be extremely useful to lower league managers, where it's very hard sometimes to cover the coaching with the rubbish staff available. Maybe we could be given some points to distribute over the various categories which would help to cover gaps. If there was a way of gaining coaching badges then the number of points could go up. It would be realistic as well at that level where clubs have small budgets and limited numbers of coaches - the manager has to be more hands on. If the number of points was fairly limited it would mean that as you moved up the leagues and got more and better coaches, the manager's input would become less and less significant, which, again seems quite a realistic development - more admin and less direct involvement. Just a thought.

Human managers do have coaching stats assigned to them, as they are largely irrelevant to the user they remain hidden.

I find it needlessly confusing that your team's instructions are set both by team instructions and using shouts, which to a certain extent overlap, such as "short passing" in the team instructions and the "retain possession" shout. Also, every time you use a shout, it changes the slider settings, which may have an effect on your team's tactical familiarity. What I would like is to have the team instructions removed and replaced by shouts, either in part or completely. When you create a tactic, you could define it to include a number of shouts by default, and this is then what your team will train and become familiar with. Team instructions not covered by shouts at the moment, such as drill/float crosses or zonal/man marking, might be kept as team instructions, or they could be included as new shouts instead.

Also, I think team talks need a rethink (I know, call me captain Obvious). I'd like to have them 1) simplified, and 2) "gamified". In place of the current bajillion options and seemingly random results, the team talks might work more as intended if they were presented more as a "minigame" where you have fewer options with clear payoffs and risks. The options could be reduced to, say, simply "praise team", "criticize team", "calm team down" and "fire team up". Each option comes with a payoff, but they might also backfire. Praising will get motivation up, but it may also backfire and cause complacency. Criticizing will improve performances if your team is underachieving, but it could backfire and cause nervousness. Calming the team down will reduce nervousness, but might cause complacency, while firing the team up will increase performance, but may lead to more aggressiveness causing fouls, etc. I sort of feel that this is how team talks are supposed to work at the moment, but they just don't, because of too many options and too unpredictable and confusing outcomes.

You can already do this to an extent. You can set a transfer to take place at the end of the season, so if you bought someone in August then it would go through the following summer.

Your idea would still be an improvement of course, as you could in theory do it summer -> summer, but thought I'd let you know in case you didn't.

setting transfer at end of season is better as it allows you develop the player but not pay any wages. as an extension you could include a 2 3 4 etc year loan to the club as part of the deal

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but I would love to see the following idea implemented into youth development.

I am the type of manager who uses one set style of play through the whole game, and would love to be able to tell my board and the head of youth development to try and bring through players who suit my system. I dont use wingers, I like Centrebacks and defensive midfielders who are good in the air, I like attacking fullbacks and I like strikers with pace and movement. I want to be able to tell my academy not to bring through wingers, not to bring through target men strikers and not to bring through centrebacks who are poor in the air.

Its frustrating when your youth intake arrives and your best option is a winger when I dont even use them, or a centreback with a jumping rating of 3 comes through. In reality clubs tell their academies to bring through certain types of player (eg Barca, Liverpool, Ajax all focus on technical footballers and would never entertain bringing a player through who couldn't trap a bag of cement or had a first touch which was a tackle.

If we could get the option to tell the board what type of player the academy should look to develop that would be superb SI.

Human managers do have coaching stats assigned to them, as they are largely irrelevant to the user they remain hidden.

Well the existence of these hidden stats doesn't really help very much. I just think it would be nice if it were possible for the human manager to be able to do a bit of coaching directly. It happens in the real world so why not in FM?

Haven't been through the whole thread so I apologise if this one has been mentioned before. I'd like human managers to have coaching stats like every AI manager does. This would be extremely useful to lower league managers, where it's very hard sometimes to cover the coaching with the rubbish staff available. Maybe we could be given some points to distribute over the various categories which would help to cover gaps. If there was a way of gaining coaching badges then the number of points could go up. It would be realistic as well at that level where clubs have small budgets and limited numbers of coaches - the manager has to be more hands on. If the number of points was fairly limited it would mean that as you moved up the leagues and got more and better coaches, the manager's input would become less and less significant, which, again seems quite a realistic development - more admin and less direct involvement. Just a thought.
Well the existence of these hidden stats doesn't really help very much. I just think it would be nice if it were possible for the human manager to be able to do a bit of coaching directly. It happens in the real world so why not in FM?

Barside has misunderstood I think.

Rupal means we should have attributes like all other staff and be available for coaching assignments like our AM is.

TBH I think its a good idea and especially useful at lower league level where you can struggle for staff. Its also not unrealistic as managers do get involved more with training at lower levels.

Its just a question of how you assign the attributes, maybe something like a number of points to distribute amongst the coaching attributes based on your rep at the start and then maybe extra points earned base on number of games managed or something.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but I would love to see the following idea implemented into youth development.

I am the type of manager who uses one set style of play through the whole game, and would love to be able to tell my board and the head of youth development to try and bring through players who suit my system. I dont use wingers, I like Centrebacks and defensive midfielders who are good in the air, I like attacking fullbacks and I like strikers with pace and movement. I want to be able to tell my academy not to bring through wingers, not to bring through target men strikers and not to bring through centrebacks who are poor in the air.

Its frustrating when your youth intake arrives and your best option is a winger when I dont even use them, or a centreback with a jumping rating of 3 comes through. In reality clubs tell their academies to bring through certain types of player (eg Barca, Liverpool, Ajax all focus on technical footballers and would never entertain bringing a player through who couldn't trap a bag of cement or had a first touch which was a tackle.

If we could get the option to tell the board what type of player the academy should look to develop that would be superb SI.

I partially agree but the question needs to be asked:

If I club didn't use wingers but found a top class winger (for his age) in a local school would they ignore him on the basis they don't use wingers?

Barside has misunderstood I think.

Rupal means we should have attributes like all other staff and be available for coaching assignments like our AM is.

TBH I think its a good idea and especially useful at lower league level where you can struggle for staff. Its also not unrealistic as managers do get involved more with training at lower levels.

Its just a question of how you assign the attributes, maybe something like a number of points to distribute amongst the coaching attributes based on your rep at the start and then maybe extra points earned base on number of games managed or something.

Thanks Cougar, that was my thought exactly.

A little gamey in an xp kind of way for my tastes but I can see how some would find it to be a useful feature, personally I think the massive coaching teams that we are allowed to amass in FM negates the need for managers to have their own assignable coaching attributes.

1.At the Youth Development area from the Staff Responsibilities, the Brings youth players into the club, and informs you of their development responsibility should be split in 2:

- Brings youth players into the club ( where u can assign yourself responsible along with HOYD, DOF, U20 manager)

- Informs you of their development ( where u can assign HOYD, DOF, U20 manager but not yourself)

Or remain how it is now but with the option of assigning your self responsible, because the staff member responsible only sign youth players that have no future in my team

2. The players and/or staff that appear after a search to have the "i" icon with their snapshot because if there are many people with the same name u have to manually go to their profile until u find the one u are looking for so something like this would be very useful:

gwr.png

A little gamey in an xp kind of way for my tastes but I can see how some would find it to be a useful feature, personally I think the massive coaching teams that we are allowed to amass in FM negates the need for managers to have their own assignable coaching attributes.

Yes at higher levels but it can be a little resticted at the lower levels.

Usually you are allowed one or two coaches along with your AM. Presuming your AM can cover fitness or GKs it tends to leave you about one staff member short of feeling comfortable and it normally means you prioritise coaching attributes over teamtalk or scouting attributes on your AM.

Yep, at BSN/S level, especially with weaker clubs, it's basically almost impossible to cover the coaching adequately. Doing a search for members of staff who are not unrealistic shows that they have either terrible skills abilities or awful motivation etc or both. As for trying to find people who can motivate and coach and judge players and have some tactical sense.......:( So it would be really helpful down in the depths!

I just take it on the chin when I start my career save, it's not as if the AI sides have an advantage as their managers are not assigned coaching duties either.

Nevertheless, there is no particular reason why they should not be assigned such duties. And if we are looking for realism, Barside (and it's one of the claimed great virtues of FM), it is simply not realistic that the manager of a small club won't take a direct role in the coaching. They do in real life a lot of the time. The idea of the manager sitting God-like in the office overseeing his minions may apply in clubs in the exalted reaches of the Premiership, but it just ain't like that in the BSN. Probably the manager's wife washes the kit (and before anyone howls me down - no, I am not expecting to be taken literally but you get the drift!).

Purely as a matter of interest, Barside, what level do you normally manage at?

As a LLaMa I start wherever Frank or any other random team picker sends me & end up wherever my talent will take me, currently leading La Liga in a career that started in the Brazilian 3rd division.

From an LLM perspective my concern would be that such a system ends up as a starting boost to get a high coaching star rating in a specific area.

If the attribute values were set by the game based on the starting rep & a new option to set your tactical & coaching preference when you create the manager profile then I could see it working. What I would want is the user being given 150 points to assign as they want.

As a LLaMa I start wherever Frank or any other random team picker sends me & end up wherever my talent will take me, currently leading La Liga in a career that started in the Brazilian 3rd division.

From an LLM perspective my concern would be that such a system ends up as a starting boost to get a high coaching star rating in a specific area.

If the attribute values were set by the game based on the starting rep & a new option to set your tactical & coaching preference when you create the manager profile then I could see or working. What I would want is the user being given 150 points to assign as they want.

I can see what you mean and I think the answer would probably be an extra option when creating your manager.

Currently coaches have a preferred coaching style - defending, attacking, GK or fitness. Perhaps we could make this a choice when creating your manager that you select your coaching style and along with your selected reputation the game then randomly assigns you attributes (obviously weighted in favour of your coaching style and within set limits). Something like the way FM already does for a player if you set all his attributes to 0 in the editor.

I partially agree but the question needs to be asked:

If I club didn't use wingers but found a top class winger (for his age) in a local school would they ignore him on the basis they don't use wingers?

Well they should be at the very least trying to adapt his game to fit into the system I have brought in, so in a 4-4-2 with a narrow diamond a winger could be converted as a young player into either a AMC or a striker as he is playing in the youth side. Then by the time he is ready to step up to the u18's he can at the very least play as an AMC or a striker and not just purely as a winger.

This is on the assumption that the youth players coming we are presented with each season are ones who have spent some time in our academy system and have not just been plucked off the streets that week.

Youth players populate the game at a very early age, 14 or 15 in some cases so the onus is on the manager to train these young prospects into the type of player that they need.

Anyone else wishing that you could creatve a little bit of management\coaching background for your manager?

The idea that someone with absolutely no coaching experience, even someone who was an international footballer, just wakes up one morning and is given a job at a level any higher than 3rd or 4th division is highly unrealistic and a hurdle on the way to buy into the suspension of disbelief.

It would be nice if we could choose to have been the (now former) reserves or U18s manager, or the former assisstant manager, or maybe just part of the club's coaching staff. Anything to give some degree of context to your appointment as manager.

Obviously with the option to have no background at all for those who like it for the BSS\BSN etc or starting unemployed and seeing what comes your way.

I always liked the idea of a journeyman save, starting low and building my way up which is how most managers reach prominence obviously, but fear that by the time you get a top job the squads aren't recognizeable anymore which takes a lot of the fun out.

So it would be nice for the game to let you have background and history prior to the start of the game.

Shouldn't be at all difficult to implement, it's already kind of there with choosing playing history, but this doesn't really have to affect reputation or do anything practical at all.

Hi, I have been playing CM/FM for 20 years but this is my first post here!

Anyway, I often find it difficult to identify individual players in the 3D view (when off the ball) since the player models are very generic and shirt numbers are not visible. I wish there was an opition to "mark" single or multiple player(s) to be watched. There could be the shirt number or some other symbol hovering above the "marked" player in the 3d view and maybe even a special real time statistics tab for the player being watched. This function could be used for scouting or even for keeping an eye on the most threatening player in the opposing team.

I would love to have the 'men behind ball' feature once again. I know by playing defensive tends to do this by default, but I still believe it should be added.

I also want my wingers to defend but even when I play defensive, they always seem to just 'observe' the opposition players and very rarely engage in DEFENSIVE TRANSITION

The ability to pre-set 'situation' tactics.

If I go into the last ten minutes of an important match 1-0 up, why do I need to go into the tactics screen to make defensive changes, or even have to select a defensive tactic and wait for the next break in play for it to take effect? Why can't I tell my players beforehand that if we're a goal up in the last ten I want these instructions, or if we're a goal down I want these instructions etc.

Would you like to expand on how a job interview feature would work?

Instead of being offered a job straight away you would instead be invited to an interview with the chairman. He would ask you questions of which you choose the answer relevant to you. He would then decide whether you are the right manager for his club or someone else is a better candidate.

There has to be better interaction between manager and board. Bring back the 'ultimatum' option which as far as I see from playing barely even shows up anymore. Bring in interaction with the board making steps to keep you from signing for a club that makes an offer for you to manage them, bring in more respect from the board to the manager, e.g if I have bought the club from league 1 to the premiership, my opinion in club matters and in requests should carry more weight with the board. I have bought clubs from lower leagues and given them success they've never previously had and I've still felt as if the board couldn't care less about what I think.

Instead of being offered a job straight away you would instead be invited to an interview with the chairman. He would ask you questions of which you choose the answer relevant to you. He would then decide whether you are the right manager for his club or someone else is a better candidate.
Do you think people would find that as frustrating & tedious as press conferences?

1. Please make clubs build their squads just like real life counter-parts. BASED ON REPUTATION. Barcelona and Real madrid should be making BIG NAME SIGNINGS every season just like they do in real life. (In my save they make no signings at all)

2. The AI manager at a particular club should influence the signings he is gonna make. The signings should be based on the style of play of manager, Brendan rodgers is more likely to buy technically gifted players where as sam allardyce would prefer having a Andy Carroll..

3. Give us players some info about game tactics and pro's and cons of formations and information about having the right balance in the tactic.

4. Classic and modern tactic sliders seem to have a different effect on the match engine? Classical tactical sliders are extremely efficient at creating killer tactics where as the newer versions behave differently?

5. More guides on the MatchEngine and AI behavior and also Football tactics in general ...! There were plenty of guides and how-to's on a site called fm-britain, But now that site is defunct...I haven't found any website that discusses FM as a game in as much depth as that website...I read SI threatened fm-britains owners with legal action?? Why?

Archived