What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

1. The ability to differentiate free kick takers between direct and indirect. I have one central midfielder with great long shots and free kicks, and a winger with great crossing and free kicks. I want the winger to whip in crosses from wide positions and the centre mid to be taking them around the box with a view to a shot.

I like this...

Also would like to be able to look at player/league stats for previous seasons. At the moment you can only look at the stats if the season is in progress, and it refreshes to '0' for everything once the new season starts (understandably) but there doesn't seem to be a way of looking at their stats last season, the season before etc to a) see how they've improved and b) scout them for a potential transfer in the off-season/when the new season has technically started.

Also more interaction with managers would be nice - telling them where they can stick it if they comment on your players or make a silly offer for them!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A crazy idea for a new mode in FM - a kind of a LLM/Crap (Lower League Management) mode. The idea is that this mode will make us play maximum to the reality of football management. Player and Staff Search? Not possible and not no buttons for them in this mode - we have Scouts and Job Center. Want to sign a player you know nothing about? Invite him for a trial, not just give a straight contract with the risk of sgning rubbish. The idea is to disable all non-reality features in FM.

Some ideas from FMFan.ru website users:

• 1. A revamp of the youth recruitment - have more youth teams like U16, U14, U12 that play in national youth tournaments and have players recruited. Smth like the Ajax system of youth recruitment. Such should be possible for bigger teams with high rep. Lower team should have more limited ways of recruitment bu still have at least U16s.
  • 2. Build youth academies around the world (like Man Utd in Asia etc.) with a chance to recruit talented players for the team from the region where the academy is based
  • 3. A tactical revamp. Lots of ideas here - connect the old and new way of creating tactics (player roles, positions, duties and arrows (left, right, down, up, diagonal)). A way to make a tactical scheme (if we attack - play 3-4-3, if we defend - play 4-4-2, without changing the formation). A better tactics creator, especially for set pieces - a way to create pre-defined moves and attacks from free kicks, corners etc.
  • 4. Smarter AI in every department - smarter managers, scouts, transfer activity (especially in weaker nations where teams like Dynamo Kyiv IRL sign a couple of players for 7-10m each but FM transfer activity is often based on free agents, rubbish players of same nationality as the club or even zero transfers in)
  • 5. New press conference questions and answers.
  • 6. A meeting with the fans (for example, when the team plays bad) - to answer their questions and reassure that the team will achieve what was planned.
  • 7. Talk to Board to change deffierent expectations - if the Board wants Europa League spot and national Cup semi-final then I want to talk to the board and suggest we fight for Champions League but thus the Cup run will suffer. And vice versa.
  • 8. Talk to the Board to ask the Football Association to move a game in the league a day earlier or later (depending on the fixture conjestion) so the team could prepare better for a clash in European tournaments.
  • 9. Yellow card for time delaying (for example, if the goalie doesn't kick the ball in 6 seconds).
  • 10. A revamp of scouting reports and agent offers by adding videos of players scouted/offered - what the player can do etc.
  • 11. Give the Director of Football a clear assignment - for example, I need a Poacher or a Wing Back. He will look through scout reports and suggest me a couple of players for that position. Those who I choose - he will sign for me.
  • 12. A way to edit the staff members the way Budgets are edited. If I can have 7 coaches and 1 goalkeeping coach - I want to remove a coach slot in favour of another goalie coach. Same for other staff members. This should be edited the same way the Transfer/Wage budget is edited. If not possible this way - the ask the Board to add 1 GK coach in favour of a coach.
  • 13. A possibility to manage Reserves and Youth teams. I am an unknown manager. I apply for all manager jobs. The chairman of a team invites me to manage their U18 team. I agree. A Youth of Reserves team is just like any other team in FM. Otherwise the game should be called Football Main Team Manager. If I manage the Youth/Reserves well - the chairman may decide to give me the Main Team job.
  • 14. Suggest a name for the new stadium.
  • 15. A possibility to play as a real manager with his real history. For example, to play as the real Guardiola with his previous history.
  • 16. A simple way to add all leagues from a continent at one click.
  • 17. More contract bonuses - for an assist, for PoM etc.
  • 18. A possibility to send a scout to a country permanently. He shouldn't return back after scouting the country once. Players appear during regen days, teams make transfers... A way to make the scout return from his duty only when the manager asks him to get back to the club.
  • 19. "Farewell games" for team icons and legends who served the club well (for example, Giggs for ManUtd when he'll retire as player).
  • 20. Even more stats, especially "all time best stats" based on the leagues loaded. For example, quickest goal was scored on the 5th second in Turkish superleague on 01.03.1998. The record was broken? OK, the stats are edited by the game and now the quickest goal was scored on the 4th second in the English Premier League on 04.10.2017.
  • 21. Ask player to learn a language. IRL example - Dynamo Kyiv signed a player from abroad, he has to learn Russian in three months, it was in his contract.
  • 22. A large press review of a team's season with the best and worst moments, who played well, who played awful, what transfers were great and helped achieve the tam's aim etc.
  • 23. Much harder scouting if player attributes are hidden. The scout with lower JPA/JPP can make wrong reports for different masked skills. For example, he is scouting some striker called Mark Clarkson from Blyth in 2022 for one game. He comes back and says - hey, he has a finishing of 15 and off the ball of 13 (based on the game the scout watched where Mark scored two goals). But after scouting three more games the scout understands that Mark is a poor player and his real Finishing is 10 and of the ball is 8. Just an example.
  • 24. Different team reputations within their country and within the world. Sometimes there are possibilities when Blackpool and Neftchi Baku had same reputations - a bit impossible. Maybe prestige of the league should also help differ the reputation. There are also probabilities when a team like Zenith St.Petersburg play awful in Europe (maximum 3rd place in Champions League) for a couple of years in a row but are the only team with Continental rep in the country. Reputations should be more flexible to the way the team plays in different competitions.
  • 25. More different interaction between the manager and staff/board/journalists. For example, the press may ask me what am I going to do (if my team underperforms), the board may criticize my transfers, player that I use or don't use etc. This should add more nerves for the manager to succeed.
  • 26. If a new team wants to sign me - the current chairman may want to invite me for a Board Meeting and ask to stay.
  • 27. Lesser wage appetites for players in lower divisions, especially during contract renewals, especially for players that are loyal to the club.
  • 28. Discipline player for unsportsmanship conduct - drawing a fake penalty and getting a yellow card for that.

Contract negotiations should be managed in a couple of "rounds". For example, a manager wants to sign player X. He suggests a contract to player's agent, the agent discusses the contract with player X. The next day (or a couple of days) the agent and player X come back for the next round of negotiations. And so on. IRL we often read that a player's contract was negotiated between him, his agent and the club for a couple of days, not just "I send an offer to the club - the club agrees to sell the player - I suggest a contract to the player - bingo, the player is mine in just a day after the offer was accepted".

* I would like the ability to create a manager face in game. It could be done in a similar style to regen faces, but you get to pick some specifics.

* In real life, club representatives can meet up to discuss transfers. I think this option would be good in FM, the ability to go into a negotiation screen with another club and build on your transfer offers. This recently happened in real life with Carlos Tevez to Juventus. It would be like contract negotiations.

* Testimonials! You ask a player who's been at the club for a long time if they would like a testimonial match. If so, you can ask if they would have any team preferences.

* Ability to loan a player back as part of the transfer

Long time observer of the SI forums, first time poster. There are many things I would like to see implemented in the next version of FM, however I have just decided to post about the main 3. These 3 relate to each other and effect each other in certain ways.

1 - TRAINING

Like many of you i want to see a training overhaul. Currently in FM2013 you can set the intensity and percentage of regular training and match specific training, which is then split into days. Which I would like to keep myself. However I want to implement actual training drills into the days of training. a wide variety of technical and physical drills that effect players stats. You would only be able to implement a certain amount of drills per day, (say 10). Either applying them to the whole team or to just the defence/midfield/strikers/wingers etc. So all areas of your team do 10 drills a day, some as a team some as smaller groups. Say you play a Stoke FC long ball game, you might want to focus all your regular training day drills (for the strikers only) on ones that focus on headers and first touch and either passing or finishing. Stoke are a physical team so also applying across the board weight drill training to all players would be beneficial. Or you could heavily focus your team drills to play a Barcelona style short quick passing game. Boosting the effectiveness of your respective tactics, due to stats and familiarity respectively. Obviously the larger and better coaching staff you have, the better results your training will yield.

2 - USER MANAGER STATS AND THEIR IMPLEMENTATION

Secondly i want to see my manager profile have stats the same as the real and AI staff and managers. Which can rise and fall, due to a variety of reasons. This in turn links in with the TRAINING in point 1. Say all your stats start at 10, attack, defence, fitness, motivation etc. etc. Now as you delegate training drills you might heavily focus on ball control and finishing. To make your trainings more effective you can attend seminars to boost certain stats. Also UEFA A/B/PRO LICENSE’S which will give your stats a little lift and increase your determination stat. Say you tactical focus is defensive and control focused. You might want to go to seminars that focus on ball control and defensive systems. Now SI could make you answer questions like press interviews to see if you pass or fail a test, after learning. If you pass, your respective stats may rise by a point, if you fail they remain the same or go down. These stats could also rise and fall through in game events. Have the best defensive record or clean sheet numbers, your defensive stat would rise. Score most goals over a season, Attack stats will rise by 1 or 2. These stats will rise and fall over your career helping you train talent for better or worse. Motivation stat could rise over time the better you are at giving team talks and squad interaction. Discipline stat could rise if you are better at squad interaction and dishing out punishment. Good at producing youth talent, then working with youngster and judging player potential ability stats will improve etc. So all of these stats show how effective your trainings are and how players and staff see you in the game. Max out your stats, you will be regarded as a world class coach and manager, more players will want to train under you regardless of your background or club currently managing. Got basic stats and are managing Man Utd with no other experience, then less players are going to want to sign for you etc.

3 - YOUTH ACADEMIES

A lot of people have been asking for this, so here is my idea. At the moment youth academy and youth recruitment are a bit pointless, you have no control over them, apart of asking your board to improve them. Instead of having 15/16 year old players magically appear in your under 18 squad once a year. Your youth academy (if you have one) has under 12, under 14 and under 16 squads. So your regens come into your academy at age 10/11 say. Which along with the TRAINING mentioned in point 1 are fully customisable. Do you want to copy Barcelona or Ajax’s youth system focusing on ball control, technique, acceleration and agility etc. Or do you want to produce physically excellent powerhouses through your academy like the premier league of old. Now you can play the short or long game in producing youth its fully up to you. You could have a more hands on or hands off approach in producing teams of the future I feel that this would add more realism to the game making your head of youth development work a lot harder for his wage. They could be set up as the under 18 squad is now playing leagues and friendlies every week or so. Gaining match experience domestically or by being selected for national youth squads and play in the under 14 EURO’s for example. Giving your scouts far more options to look at for the future. Think you’ve found a 13 year old Messi, can you nurture him enough and not burn him out before offering him a spot in the under 18 youth squad or a full time contract. This might in tow then have to look at a CA and PA rethink by SI. PA should be relative not completely capped at a certain level.

One time i had an age 17 wonder kid, great stats across the board. Got him to join me at my club with top training and youth facilities. Turned him into a model professional at 18 and by age 20 he had barely changed stats wise. So i used a scout tool to see what was up, he had maxed himself out at age 20 with 120 CA. Now I know this can happen in real life, but surely if i turned him into a Model Pro he could of improved further than 120 CA. CA should still be hidden but relative and flexable not completely fixed. As at current your player can fail or succeed to reach his max PA but surely some can improve beyond their max PA. For example Pirlo IRL has got better with age bettering his PA say in previous versions of FM. when he was at his “peak” at age 28?

Okay so there are numerous extra features i'd like to see on the new release of FM14, however i have decided to post on the two main features i'd like to see included.

1. Become a TV pundit

When you start the game as unemployed, or after a time at a club you resign or get sacked i feel the time it takes for you to find a new job can be quite

tedious and boring sometimes taking full seasons before you land a new job. I feel a great way to combat this is to have an option were you can comment on matches/players throughout your unemployment spell. To give it a better realistic feel you could view the game and comment on the game in general, players/goals and the management staff before the kick off, at half time and at full time. This would depend on your game reputation of course, as it would be just silly if having spent 5 years at a non league or lower league team to be invited to be a pundit on a international game or a massive fixture depending on which league(s) you have running. Which brings me onto my next point.....

2. Previous playing history

Since when has a Sunday league footballer ever taken over a premier league or any professional football team at the age of 26?.. NEVER that's right.

All i'm suggesting is to be able to set minimum experience as pro footballer, this doesn't need to affect the in game difficulty that should be determined by the team you choose AND past playing experience. For example if i take control of Man City firstly the minimum age should be no younger than 36, the player should then be taken to a additional information screen were he/she can add teams that they would of liked to have played for thus enhancing in game reputation etc etc also along with an international career should you want one, SI would need to be sensible about this again, since when has a world class player or any professional player ever played for 20 teams in 20 season scoring 60 goals whilst playing in every position each and every season season etc etc. But allowing the person playing to sensibly create a past playing profile would again add to the hole realism of the game. On the opposite side however if i the player was to take control of an non or lower league club than you can adjust the playing history accordingly to make the game harder/more realistic or give them self a good playing career with lots of honors to make the game easier at lower levels. Just like the system uses now in FM13 i.e take control of Hyde United with past international exp. It would take a better mind than mine to put this into practice but if achieved could be a really fantastic feature to the game.

I don't know if this belongs here or the Steam forums.

When the game crashes, many times it's restarted automatically. I don't want that. More often than not, when it crashes I don't want to play it again (more so when for me it crashes when I'm closing it) and makes me waste a couple of minutes to wait to load the start screen to close it again.

It may already have changed for FM13, but one thing I have to be very careful of in FM12 is not exiting by mistake.

If I miss the "Continue" button and hit the close window X in the corner, it comes up with "The current game is not saved, do you wish to save before you exit? (YES / NO / CANCEL)". However, if you've hit that close window X by accident, your instinct is to press "NO" to the question that pops up, since so many other games (and other software) would ask the question "Are you sure you want to quit without saving?"- it is almost hardwired in your brain that pressing NO by default would bring you back to where you are. In FM, however, it's not a popup confirming the action you've just taken, and pressing NO to the question is clearly the worst idea, as it then exits the game without saving.

Rewording that question to bring it in line with pretty much every other piece of software would strike me as a useful, albeit minor, improvement.

1. Let the Board suggest where to go on a Training Camp (for example, Real Madrid - USA, East Asia or South America. Swansea - Slovenia, Spain or Greece). After the arrival I can see a list of other teams that are at this Training Camp and I can choose what friendlies to play there.

2. Better overview of a player's career in FM. More stats, better look. Maybe Wikipedia style - http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/447/gnkh.jpg

3. A menu in the Preferences to choose Monday or Sunday as the start of a new week.

4. Better info in the Finances, for exampple, what player shirts are being sold the most. Maybe even creating a Financial Director who can suggest the Manager how to improve the financial stability of the club.

I do not see a reason why it cannot be coded into the game, it would probably require a huge amount of testing & re-coding to ensure that it is balanced so the numbers of man hours that could be required to get it right might be what's holding SI back from introducing it into FM.

Would it be possible to implement a "conversation" with players you are trying to sign (along the lines of the player interaction when unhappy etc.) There are obvious straight rebuttles i.e. messi to pretty much anyone but in the main players will have the conversation before any terms are discussed. Conversations would likely be about your ambitions (and for most clubs you need to include year on year improvements rather than just the trophies/titles as that's unrealistic) but your ambition might give them confidence to discuss - plus you could link to demands i.e. more realistic demands if they believe you, higher "pay me over the top and I'll buy in" for times when you're stretching.

I also think you should include discussion points on location (cant do anything about but a nice touch), their future ambitions i.e. we're a good spring board for international ambitions because you'll be playing all the time not sat on a bench / do well for us and get a bigger team interested. And facilities which should then link to board discussions i.e. we're getting rejected because x,y,z isn't up to scratch

Little thing. In FM, senior and youth staff are entirely separate (although some staff can be hired for both). But in real life, especially at lower levels, a lot of staff that are primarily engaged with the youth team also work with the seniors.

For example, at York, the Academy Manager also does all the fitness work with the seniors. The head youth coach also does work with the first team.

So, is it possible to replicate this in the game in future?

Well without acknowledging that this topic was here, i made a video earlier on today regarding what i feel to be the most important but realistic ideas and wishes for the release of football manager 2014.

In this video you can expect to see everything listed below but going into much finer detail:

[video=youtube_share;RMJZI2pJtS8]http://youtu.be/RMJZI2pJtS8

Team/Squad:

- Generalising the Indicator

- Team Chemistry

- Testimonials

- Team Bonding (Morale)

- Charity Work

Players:

- Player Behaviour

- Player/Player & Staff Clashes

- Demanding Players

Pre-Season:

- Establishing actually the pre season instead of just random friendlies.

- More in-depth training choices over pre-season

- A different interface than normal during PS in regards to going through the rest of the season

- In-depth conversations with coaches

- Establishing where would be the best place to go for the club (E.g. MUFC would go Asia due to their large fan base)

Team Business:

- Establish the team business side of things

- Choose sponsorships

- Ticket sales etc

- A business stat to the managers profile

- Team membership

- Tv channels

- Merchandise

Training:

- Pick WHEN & by how much you want to train your coaches

- Projected improvements for players from coaches

- More in-depth training reports

In Game:

- Individual shouts instructions to players

- Dugout camera view

- MUCH improved 3D engine

Transfer:

- Have the ability to loan back the player during the purchase of him within the same agreement

- Offer cash & loaned player instead of cash & exchange

- Much more involvement from the press regarding transfer talk. Skysports goes bananas everyday during pre season over transfer talk, this should be reflected within the game.

Storyline:

- Establish yourself legitimately

- Have the abilty to take change of an U18's/U21's team, reserve manager, assistant manager. Build your rep up

- Undergo interviews (like normal board conversations) to get your job.

- Choose your difficulty rating by how experienced you are. Easy = UEFA Pro License/Very Hard = FA Level 2.

News & Media:

- Have a much wider question bank, it is the same questions regardless of team week in week out

- Have the media respect or disrespect you due to your managerial efforts

- Have the media like or dislike you based on previous press conferences etc

I would like a quicker way to send a senior-level player back to the U19s while also keeping their 'available for reserve team' status. Now, I have to click into the player, right click-send them to U19, right click-mark as available.

If the reserve availability stayed with the player, that would be great.

offering staff to various management vacancies - this will enable better relationships and sending players on loan. If the club with no manager cant afford the buyout price then u can talk about a transfer fee with add on as in the same way as players.

Be good to see a player come through the youth ranks, be a club legend and then become a manager - sure Ferguson was delighted with some of his ex players coming managers and would like to see this added onto the game

I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned but I think there should be a feature whereby when you're targeting a player from another team, you can use your own squad members to unsettle the player. Like recently we've seen Wayne Rooney linked with a move away from Manchester United to Chelsea because he's unsettled. But in the media we've seen Petr Cech, Eden Hazard and some of the other Chelsea squad members talking about him and how great an addition he would be to the Chelsea squad. It would be a great feature and a feature that would help you further unsettle players at other clubs and be able to purchase them.

I have always managed more then one team (i.e. - an EPL team, a Championship team, a League One team and a League Two team). Once again, I will ask if games that are scheduled for the same date and time (i.e. - Saturday August17 @ 1500) allow for the user to play one game at a time.

As the game is presently set up, I would have to allow myself the time to play 4 games in one sitting (I watch the full games, so 4hrs would be needed??). That's a large window of time to set aside for playing a game. If each game could be played "one at a time" with the capability of saving after each game, I would not need to sit there for 4 hrs to play one match day. Presently I create two games (two teams managed in each game) to avoid this issue.

Also, a long time wish was to have a "Commissioner Mode" of sorts. I would like to control all player transfers within my game to mirror the real life transfers. As a solitary player it would enhance the experience. Could be a check box in the Preferences for those that would prefer this.

Oh....and will we ever get the "Football Manager" on the field/in the dugout? Maybe we could choose our avatar (choices of wearing a business suit, track suit, blue jeans, etc)?

Thanks

More realistic training camp - when my team is in New-York and I sign a player - he can't be put in the first team for a game immediately, it's impossible. At least he needs a couple of days to get to New-York or even miss the Camp. Another idea is for the Press to make overviews of our training camp - "Team X arrived in New-York for the USA tour. Media and journalists, as well as the fans bla-bla-bla" (just figure out smth here).

Awarding the title trophy after the final game.

Meeting the Board of a player's team during transfer negotiations.

Much was said about a transfer revamp for AI teams. The game surely has to be much harder in FM14.

Staff search - there is a problem with filtering staff. For example, if I search a Coach - I receive a list of staff but not always all of them WANT to be a Coach, some of them may want to be Youth Coaches, Under 18 Managers etc. There should be a clear filter. Ticking unrealistic transfers doesn't help so this should be sorted out.

Another idea with Training - add Groups for players. For example, a Group for Defenders, wingbacks, wingers, midfielders, attackers. Now how this should work... I have a central Defender. I add him to a training group for Defenders. This Group would have its own training programme that I choose (for example, first week - Defence, second week - Fitness, third week - Tactics, fourth week - Team Cohesion). This should work for every group.

Another idea with scouting - depending on the number of scouted games, a scout can edit his report on a player by adding some key info - is the player injury prone (30-40 games)? Can the player get homesick? Is he a dirty player (scouting hidden attribute)? Is he a consistent player (25-30 scouted games)? How well does he play in key/derby/finals? For Under-21 players a scout may add this info - "The player's level of Ambition and Professionalism won't allow him to develop to his best" - means he these hidden attributes at a low level and this may only change after a good Tutoring etc. Also, scouts can use the word "think/believe/confident/very confident" about different player skills/level/attributes when making a scout report - this should differ depending on the JPA/JPP of the scout.

Please, for the love of dear god, sensible contract negotiations.

I am actually sick to the bone of negotiating contracts with players I want to sign. The reality in FM13 is that there is no real negotiating at all, you absolutely have to accept something extremely close to the initial demands or the deal breaks down.

I want to sign a player, he's extremely interested in the move.

But if you're oh so damn interested, why are you making ridiculous demands?

Why demand a 12k Appearance fee which is more than double your current one and be completely unwilling to budge?

And then we get to the clauses which for me are now infamous.

The yearly wage rise and the doubling of wages after 10 league games is now the norm for me, mostly for young players. If I wouldn't agree to that I wouldn't be able to sign any decent regen.

But the real frustrating ones are clauses like the "Wage after international appearance". They usually set this at 1 appearance and demand around a 20k a week wage hike. So that would be around 70k a week now for a rotation player. Nice.

So you think you're clever and you offer them some bonuses or extra clauses, or raise the agent fee\loyalty bonus. What do you get?

The exact same demands as before only now with everything you added. They got a taste you see - offer a man a finger and watch him take the whole effing hand.

I guess it's better than FM12's "Yeah i really want to sign for you but I want a release clause the exact value you signed me for so I can play the best football in my career and leave you for no profit" routine, but it's still incredibly frustrating and more importantly incredibly stupid and nonsensical.

If you're a player desperate for a move IRL you're going to budge on your demands a little bit.

Not sure if this has been requested before, but have always wanted to see some sort of stat screen showing good link ups between players. e.g. the amount of assists my CM playmaker has laid on for my poacher, or the amount of assists my AMR has made for my target man etc.

Please, for the love of dear god, sensible contract negotiations..

What you wrote isn't true for FM 13 if you know how to negotiate properly.

Try making concessions in areas where you are willing to and making sensible use of the lock button. It is your best friend.

What you wrote isn't true for FM 13 if you know how to negotiate properly.

Try making concessions in areas where you are willing to and making sensible use of the lock button. It is your best friend.

I do agree with you slightly, with regards to the lock button helping in some of the issues with contracts and that you can bully players down a bit, or take a little along as you give a little (lower wage, better bonus etc). I still have some problems with contracts:

1st is signing of youth players from outside of your team, now I understand if you sign a 16yr old for £10-15mil that they(or their agent) might be full of themselves and demand a high wage, but I find when buying in young players compared to offering your own regens new deals, the difference in what players are paid vs what they expect form you is off. In my current save (Ajax 2020), I had a few good regens come though the system one in particular is now 19 4*CA (worth £13.5mil and my 5th most expensive player) and first team regular maybe even a key-player, and I got him on a £925p/w contract for the next 4 years, he has started talking about getting a better deal but I can get him to back down when I point out the length, so in maybe a season or two I will give him his new deal, currently if I offer one he is asking for £8k so say I lower that too £6k, then in another 2-4 seasons when he is 23-24 depending on how he progresses I'll get him on a new one estimated £30k+ that in my opinion is a realistic natural progression of a youth player. Where as I have signed in youth players for maybe £100-800k just to bolster the reserve/youth team, players who I believe might become OK but never make it as a first team regular, players who even at the age of 18-20 I can see my self selling on when they hit 22 or a suitable value, Its these guys who when on their at max £300p/w as low as £25p/w contracts straight off the bat ask for £10k+ as well as asking for the bonuses bar333 was complaining about wage rises after "x" reasons.

2nd Is Logic, or rather the lack there of for pay as you play and reward based contracts. If I sign a older player say a SC for rotation/back up who is confidant enough to demand first team football, and is looking for say £50kp/w but I'm not willing/cant afford to pay that but I do offer him £20kp/w and £40k app fee and £25k goal bonus, which means if he plays and scores he gets £85k a week, which is a lot more that what he was looking for. Surely If he is confidant of first team football then he would snap at this deal, same goes fully pay as you play deals where you offer them £0p/w but maybe twice or 3 times that wage in appearance fees ,but they never do.

3rd is Agents and the lack of players firing, them. You have a player that really wants to stay/move to you, media interactions, come and get me pleas the works, but you can work out a deal with the agent, especially on big transfer deals for example in one of my hot-seat games I manage Dynamo Kyiv, had a deal set up for Bernard, we had agreed on everything, but the agent was looking for a fee of £3.5mil which I could only afford to pay £1.9mil so I up'ed the players fee from £500k too the max of £1.9mil even added some on to the other bonus/wages, but the agent just kept countering me to his fee. I didn't particularly want him at the time, had lots of players where hew would have played, and the only deal i could get accepted was offering double the wages which I wasn't about to do Now if this was me as that player knowing that the only reason that I wasn't getting the move I wanted, was that my greedy agent was looking out for more money I would not hesitate to have words if not sack him. At the very least let there be an option for your only players to talk to them and explain its your agent that the problem is here.

There was more but tis late and I'm ranting.

I'd love to see the option to subscribe to a 'live update'. THis would update all transfers/staff moves/injuries and allow you to start a new game live with the real world.

Obviously this wouldn't be applicable to save games, but it would keep things realistic when the db is horrendously out of date. Even if there was a small charge for this, I'm sure lots of people would use it (although many wouldn't). It couldn't cost SI much to have someone updating the db regularly.

I still have some problems with contracts:

1st is signing of youth players from outside of your team,

Why would a young player who isn't a guaranteed superstar want to join your presumably already sizeable young team if he isn't paid well or given a good squad status? Why not continue his development where he is rather than become one out of 30 or 40 at yours? I have found if your club is much bigger and the player doesn't already know he is great then they will come for little wages. If the two clubs are similar rep then he wants paid a lot to justify the move. Nothing out of the ordinary there.

Miles has maintained a consistent view on not adding any more playable leagues or nations to FM, it's not a position that I agree with.

I'd LOVE to see tabs introduced to the game. Something that may seem so simple but when it takes an age to reload the player search screen (my fault perhaps for having a game with so many players) it'd be nice to open tabs for 6 or 7 players and quickly flick through them. It'd also be good for training, player interaction and backroom advice - rather than needing to have all the information on one page you simply open another tab to check the info and go back to the original tab for a response.

Why would a young player who isn't a guaranteed superstar want to join your presumably already sizeable young team if he isn't paid well or given a good squad status? Why not continue his development where he is rather than become one out of 30 or 40 at yours? I have found if your club is much bigger and the player doesn't already know he is great then they will come for little wages. If the two clubs are similar rep then he wants paid a lot to justify the move. Nothing out of the ordinary there.

I'm afraid you presume wrong, I run a tight shift and not many of my home grown regens even make it past the first "trial" period, so in fact my youth team (u19) is always quite small. If I take out the players who regularly play/make the bench for my first team, currently my u19 team has less than 18 players in it. About the bigger club point you make, I am currently the Champions cup holder's, won the Eredivisie at least the last 5 years running and I think in the top 7 best teams in the world so there are only a few clubs bigger than me. I also give most youngsters I sign the "hot prospect" no different form any home grown regens that I sign up. But my complaint being and I'm sorry if I didn't make this clear last night is the difference in wages demanded from home grown regens and signed in regens. I feel no matter what, players that are signed in demand far too much, I realize it should be more, tempt them away form home, move to a different country etc etc. But Its far too high, I can offer a current youth player of mine, who came though my ranks is potential to be a leading star, a new deal and he asks for £450p/w now if I go into my player search and approach to sign a few youngsters to test out:

First there is an 1* 18yr Croatian CB still on a £55p/w youth deal at Werder Bremen going into his 5th season never made an appearance, the compensation is £550k and he is looking for £5.5k.

Second there is a 1* 16yr Russian SW on a £10p/w youth deal at CSKA going into his 2nd season, the compensation is £39k and he is looking for £3.5k and £9k after 10 games.

3rd there is a 1/2* 19yr Irish DL on a £75p/w youth deal at Sligo going into his 4th season made 2 starts and a few subs, the compensation is £277k and he is looking for £1.5k and £3.5k after 10 games.

This too me is much too high a wage to be expected, especially when players would jump at the chance to join a team like mine IRL. Can you imagine IRL a 18yr old Irish youngster turning down Barcelona due to the fact they only offered tipple his wages rather giving him 10x his current wage. Or if a young unknown English prospect turning down Man U/City, Liverpool as they only offered him wages on par with the rest of there youth players. I understand if its a big media circus and a lot of hype around a young player, say for example Rooney.

Can we have the option to take the team in ''ritiro'' when we, the manager, or the managing directer/president demands.

Also, I understand the game is supposed to be as realistic as possible, so why when you take over at big continental club like say, Milan or Juventus, do you immediately have full control over transfers; I don't think a real life Milan manager for example has full say over transfers and conducts the enitre transfer business. In FM what does someone like Galliani or Moggi do?

What about presidential signings, election promises etc, pressure to play a certain player, where are these very important, realistic features?

You should have to earn the right at some clubs to conduct transfer business, and that should be a consideration over which club you decide to join - how much control you a handed, total, partial or well, none.

Fixing potential ability, by changing from the word "potential" and using real development.

Potential ability is inherently flawed in that it’s exactly that, a players’ potential. Irrespective of anything else that happens to the player in the game, this it the value that ultimately defines them, defines how he could possibly turn out, and his worth to whatever team he is in. I understand that people view this as the “most realistic” solution, in that a player has a maximum potential in real life, that he cannot exceed regardless of how hard he works and how much he practices. And that’s true, so it’s pointless debating it - that’s where the problem lies; it shouldn’t be called “potential”. Your potential defines you in pretty much every aspect of life. However, potential is impossible to predict. Football Manager is first and foremost football management simulation game. So it occurred to me that something needed to be done to change the way it works, for the progression of the series if nothing else, and to get even closer to realism. The first thing I thought of whilst on the thinking throne, immersing myself in the details on the back of a Tresemme shampoo bottle, was that it would be more realistic to completely remove the concept of PA in the game, putting every bit of change in a player's stats down to experience, training and personal development. This would mean every single player in the game, given the time, could improve equally as much as everybody else. However, this isn't realistic. It would result in people buying players from Hungarian 8th tier clubs because they have stats in the right areas for FM, and developing them into world beaters. The players that everybody knows are going to become top players in real life would not develop as much, simply down to them being left at their clubs stagnating in favour of buying cheaper players and improving them to a much higher level. In that system, it's cheaper and easier to do it that way. So **** that.

Now, the second thing i thought of, and this is what i'm going to ramble on about and try to explain to you now, is that SI stick with a PA system, in a sense - but a variable system which changes depending on a player's development. It would mean better players are still capable of becoming better players, given they do the right things. The "right things" being training, playing, and not having career slowing injuries. Basically anything that doesn't model itself after Ben Foster or Tomasz Kusczack's career. So my proposal is to get rid of the old system in favour of a system that varies throughout the game for every player, and change the way Current Ability works too.

Current FM Mechanics

At the moment the way it works is that a player is born with a PA. If this player plays enough games in a team with the right facilities (I’m not saying top facilities, a player with League 2 potential doesn’t need to be playing for Barca to achieve his potential), good coaches, and playing with/against better players, then he will work steadily towards and even achieve his PA. Conversely however, a player's CA will not reach their PA for many reasons. They could be left rotting in a youth team, rarely play games for their club, have an injury which delays their development or simply be the fact that they weren’t by a club which could help them reach their potential at the right time, with better training, coaches, and better competition. At the moment this hinders a players’ development in a way which will make it impossible for them to reach their potential, but regardless, according to the game, that’s their potential. To give an example, and I’m sure there are lots of different players applicable, and probably even more fitting ones, I’m going to use Zlatan Ibrahimovic. I’m using him because he was the first name i thought of, and as of writing these last two sentences I’m thinking I can apply his story to show both sides of my point. Assume while at Malmo, he was “born” (in FM terms, think of him as a newgen or something) with a CA of 90, and a PA of 135 (it’s massively unrealistic for people to expect a young player playing at a team in the Swedish league to have abilities up there with the best in the world) at 18 years old. He then moved to Ajax, where his development was sped up drastically thanks to the famed Ajax youth academy, facilities, coaches, and players all playing a big part in his development. Over the course of his time in Ajax he developed into one of the most technically gifted players in the world. Obviously, his PA should have changed. In FM however, it wouldn’t have. He would have reached his maximum potential very quickly, and he’d be stuck as good as he could get, unable to improve further. [i’m going to gnore the rest of his history and his real life development for now, this is probably enough to get the point across.]

The other side of the coin however, would be for a young Zlatan back at Malmo to be rated with a CA of 90, and a PA of 180 (assuming the FM people recognised a little (big) Swedish guy had the ability to become one of the best players in the world). In this story, young Zlatan has a good first season, banging in a lot of goals in the league all whilst blindfolded. Loads of bids start coming in for the new superstar, but his club refuse to sell, instead believing he can lead them to becoming the best club on the planet. [One missed opportunity to enhance his development and abilities as a player, by going training at a Ajax with their youth/training setup and everything they have to offer] The start of next season, Zlatan gets injured for 8 months of it. He never regains his form, and his development is massively slowed. He stays in Malmo for a few years, with their not-so-good coaches, their not-so-good facilities, and playing with players far poorer than his potential. A few seasons later, Inter Milan buy Zlatan from Malmo, when he’s 24 because his potential ability is high enough for a team of their calibre. Throughout all of this, his CA would have changed little, thanks to poorer development opportunities, but his PA would still be amongst the highest in the world. Obviously being 24 and having not developed well at his previous club, it's going to be nigh on impossible for him to achieve his potential - given that he will typically start to deteriorate when he hits 30-ish anyway.

Solution

My solution would be to completely remove Potential Ability from the game. Well, in name anyway. For now, let’s say everybody has a Maximum Ability Value (or whatever you want to call it - just not potential ability). This MAV will always be a variable value in the editor, defined each time you start a game, and then something which changes dynamically within the game, depending on the original MAV. It would work in the same way a negative value works a the moment in FM. According to forum threads, as of now, a -10 value will give a person a potential ability of between 170-200, and a -9 will be between 150-180. Both being decided each time a new game is created. What i propose however is to simply increase the maximum ability to 400 (for more precision basically), and give EVERY player an MAV value of between 0 and -20; as an example, 20 would give an MAV of between 400 and 380. The way this changes from the current system of PA however, is that it changes. Every player under this system would have his MAV value change depending on his career and how your game goes for that individual, whether he gets the transfer at the right time or is left ignored and never given his shot to play. Of course, when the game is created every player is given a specific integer for his MAV within the parameters of his MAV in the database. Let’s call this Actual Maximum Ability. This number is constantly changing depending on the circumstances in the game. The difference though is this, the players’ MAV range can change by a value of 2, in either direction of the initial MAV it is tied to. Now back to Zlatan; - Zlatan at Malmo, MAV in the editor gives him a value of -17. This means his AMA (Actual Max Ability) will lie somewhere between 340 and 320, at that moment. Now, depending on the course of his career, his MAV could increase (lower) to -19, or fall (increase) to -15. So in reality, depending on how you manage him, or how the game goes if it’s down to the CPU, he could finish his career with a current ability of anything between 380 and 280. Obviously this is a large difference, and so it’s more realistic as to how players develop/fail to develop as expected in the real world.

So, if Zlatan had the perfect career, started at Ajax at the right time, his MAV would increase as the facilities, coaches, players, and competition also increased, aiding his development. His MAV would change as the circumstances do, and so after a while at Ajax his AMA could be in the range of -18’s, rather than the initial -17. And so on and so forth. If he gets an injury, and slows his development, or goes to a big team and gets left in reserves for 2 seasons, his MAV could drop and his AMA would be into the -16 range. By the end of his career, after just not having his chance to shine, he could be playing for Real Betis reserves with an AMA right at the lower end of the -15 MAV range.

Bear in mind that i've not actually done any maths whatsoever, to show any specific change. This is just to explain the basic concept behind the model. If it's any easier, think of the given MAV per player as x, and the AMA given as y. The MAV value could deviate by 2 in either direction, so by the end of the game a player's AMA could be in the range of values decided by (x-2), (x+2), or anything in between. The change makes every development in the game important, and actually matter.

With this system, it would mean that one way or another, a person’s current ability will eventually MEET, so to speak, with his Actual Maximum Ability. It would be down to you or the CPU to decide whether you raise his initial MAV and spend longer developing a player into the monster he could become, depending on how your game goes. It would also change how Current Ability works, in that eventually, a player’s CA will match his Actual Maximum Ability, whether that is as low down on the spectrum as the player could possibly have developed, or higher than initially expected down to good management, and decent loan placements to enhance his MAV. It would probably need a complete revamp of Current Ability, as it wouldn’t work in the same way as it does now. It would be worth looking at CA as simply an indicator of a player’s development, and how far away from his AMA he is.

Conclusion

With the MAV and AMA system, it would mean more people looking at the players’ stats, and imagining what they could become with proper training, and proper development. As CA and PA wouldn’t matter so to speak, only how they are developed within the game. The MAV value is far less deciding of a player's game career than the current PA system. If a player has stats in the “right places” at the moment, he will always be crippled by a low CA and low PA, and be unable to be effective at the higher levels. It still gives players limits, so you can’t train everybody into Batistuta, but also gives a manager more of a say and more input over who becomes what in the game.

Essentially, if you stop dealing with CA as CA and having it only as an indicator of development in relation to the players AMA, and simply deal with the player's stats, it’s like someone saying “here is how good he is now, it’s up to you how much he improves” with only a rough guideline, the rest is down to you. It would lead to a lot more people “taking a punt” on a few lesser known players, and believing they can turn them into something bigger, much like managers do in real life.

Every game would be different following this model, and as far as I'm concerned that would enhance the game tenfold, and increase the immersion/satisfaction level. If anybody's bothered to read any of this rambling, well done. It was probably a struggle.

http://therainbowflick.blogspot.com/ <- I got it from here.

Person place/Board issues/Transfer deals

• add player location for all players and staff, this to prevent a person to manage two games in short time (if he have an international job) or ask the assistant in club to manage the team in the match (this should upset the board/fans sometimes).
  • this should play it's rule in your offers/deals, Chairman or DoF outside the country, because i think we in FM we are able to make Many offers and many deals in short time. This is unrealistic really. So I think this should be limited, so whatever if they free agent or belongs to clubs, we should have maximum of 5 offers per day ( for example ) ..
  • each deal should be lead by Chairman or DoF, usually Transfer fees can be agreed without travelling, personal terms should optional (if it's by meeting, then it's more likely the player impress) , so if the chairman or DoF travelled, you could be unlikly to finalize deals while both are out.
  • when you receive an offer for one of your players, you should be able to ask for delay to response in certain number of days ( 2 days -3 days -5 days - 1 week ) to respond. Same about confirmation to the deal, you ask for a delay ( 1 week or two ) in case you want a replacement first. This also should be made about other non-human teams.
  • after transfer bid accepted, a contract offer should be made in next day, and when a contract accepted by the player agent, medical test should done by head physio, could take further day.
    apart from transfer deadline deals.

Talk with Players/Fines

• First team player, who is complaining about lack of games, i've many choices how to respond to him, i don't want to say I'll give you a loan out or i decide who should stay or leave etc.. there is just no option to tell we've long season and he had to patient? OR he is backup and still needed for the squad. I think i should be able to say that even if he isn't in that status, and his status changes automatically.
  • sometimes players go to the media and attack your team-talk in dressing room, no action can be taken about this issue, i think i should be able to talk with him and tell him he is fined. same about players reacts badly or repeated it within 12 months or absent from training etc.. and we should have fines around 4-6 weeks too.

Resignation/New Jobs:

• I think each player should have an agent in the game, and he gives you an alert if certain job become available in certain 'country' or 'league' or 'club' (from a list you picked before).. and when you apply for jobs, i think it should be kept secret. The board and media can't know about it until if you were interviewd by the club in their shortlist. When you were interviewed by rival team, it's hurt your position quickly from the fans even if you are doing well (quickly=interviewed from the first time)
  • ability to apply and take U18 jobs in clubs, Here you've certain transfer budget, you can sign players for free but no transfer funds, if a player belongs to a club, you just recoomend him to first team manager or director of football.
  • when you want to resign, this should be via talks with the board, you give your reasons: ( you feel it's the best for the team to leave due to form / took the club as far as I can / not full backing by board over form and media keep suggesting they are about to me / not enough transfer funds / accepting an offer for X player without my approve / wants to leave to bigger club / wants new challenge / the club in finicial trouble ) .. and perhaps it should be a chance for them to offer you reconsider such matter, if the manager complains about lack of support, the announce vote of confidence for him for example. And if the resignation confirmed as final decision, this should be known by the media.

DoF and Staff titles:

• the club should be run by either, a) Director of football system // 2) Claasic Manager, this should be clear when you offered the job.
  • English clubs/managers are less open to director of football system.
  • Success and failure in past 3 head-coaches/managers play it's part from the club changing the system.
  • you can Negotiates your title when an approach made for you, even from a club like Real Madrid. If your reputation was strong enough to force your 'Manager' title like Mourinho or Redknapp, the club either to sack the director of football ( as happened with Comolli at Spurs ) or the board tell you they can't sack the current DoF due to compensation or relations with the boad, but he won't get a saying in 1st team signing (so the club could have DoF and manager in one time but run in classic manage mode ) . This main if certain club forced 'head-coach' title for you, then DoF could sign players for you, and sometimes the DoF ask you to sell a player before you approve your new arrival. If you make agreed terms with player, DoF confirms it and you decline it, this could upset him as he put hard work for nothing, this could develop to conversation with him asking for the reason. If a repeat done in the season trasnfer window, he won't approve your next signing.
  • rename 'Reserves Manager' and 'U18 Manager' to 'reserve Head-coach' and 'U18 head coach' , and their Assistant head coaches.

Training/Tours

• Training, we should place 2 type of sessions in training program weekly or leave it to Assistant. Added to current sessions 'Training match' and an option to select teams and watch it (also when your assistant ask you about this in your 1st day at the club, i wonder why it's appear in the main fixture since it's just training game.
  • Tours, each region should provide special features: like Spain and SA (Ball Control/Morale) East Asia (Stamina) Germany (Tactics/Aerobic) and Italy (Tactics/Defence) UK (Strength/Shooting) others (nothing) .

set piece tactics could be included again in coaches training, also with option of letting the coach be responsible for set pieces.

none of this 100m player business....I signed a player for 116m last week.... a player either max 75m or unavailable.....I know all players "have their price" but it is very unrealistic to be higher than 75m.

should be able to see a coaches potential somehow.... whether is the number or just says high/low/medium potential... be nice to have an indication of a coaches training ability too...... trying to get all coaching ratings to 5 stars is pathetically hard.... the number should indicate the training along with man management/motivating. it is so annoyin to have an attribute at 20 and looks good but then only 4 star training.... ive got a coach with only 18 attacking but has 5 star attacking training..... just doesn't add up

set piece tactics could be included again in coaches training, also with option of letting the coach be responsible for set pieces.

none of this 100m player business....I signed a player for 116m last week.... a player either max 75m or unavailable.....I know all players "have their price" but it is very unrealistic to be higher than 75m.

should be able to see a coaches potential somehow.... whether is the number or just says high/low/medium potential... be nice to have an indication of a coaches training ability too...... trying to get all coaching ratings to 5 stars is pathetically hard.... the number should indicate the training along with man management/motivating. it is so annoyin to have an attribute at 20 and looks good but then only 4 star training.... ive got a coach with only 18 attacking but has 5 star attacking training..... just doesn't add up

Out of interest, how far into the game are you? If it's anything past the next five years or so, who is to say whether it is realistic or not? With the new EPL TV deal, there'll be more money floating around, and as they snap up players, the money will float around the world. Who is to say that the 100 million mark won't be broken in the next few years? As soon as you tick past day 1 of the save, it ceases to become comparable to reality, especially when you reach the 20's. By the time it gets to 40, 50 and beyond, the infrastructure and money is so far from realism it's unreal, literally.

• SI Staff

Don't change everything....just keep improving what we have. ;)

This game really needs more an official user tactical guide more than plenty of new options, new interface.

Keep improving the 3D views. Tons have been done from my beginning in FM ( 2003 season)....but sure could do better. Improve the biggest bugs from this opus...And keep it on the good work about database.

More league maybe...more lowest leagues in the main countries. Don't forget Asia or Africa.

So don't make this game a kikoo game....You get advantage on concurrence....not because of kikoos stuff.:)

I don't care about new options, paying for them....I don't care about being the best, being in the online hall of fame.Plenty of the top players just reload and reload their game in order to have the biggest score.

All I wait from this game "keep the best and improve the worst."

Have a nice day all of you.

How about making 14 years default for all regens in all countries? I doubt that there are many countries that have only 16yo boys coming into the club academy, looks unrealistic.This way we could have more time to develop them the way we want. Currently I remember only Germany to have 14yo coming into Youth Candidate Day.

I wish clubs would not make offers at the same time-it completley defeats the object of stalling on a bid-which is to see if any betters offers come in

I like to set different acceptable values for you players based on clubs bidding eg you accept a bid of 20m from a foreign club but from a club in the same league it would be 27m further if it was a title rival/rival (totten-arsenal) you could say you wanted 33 mill

also when listing a foreign youth for loan being able to set only accept loan offers from same country as club -so an a german youth at arsenal could only be loaned to english clubs

Hopefully people see this on page 24 but here goes...

I've been playing Out of the Park Baseball 14 recently. It's by far my favorite sports sim despite my bigger passion for soccer. The reason? Online leagues. There are tons of leagues out there, not just against the computer. Instead of playing against just a few people like in FM... There are full leagues of teams with great websites, utilities, report, forums, etc. It creates a much more immersive experince. You download a league file and export your sim in game. The commissioner imports and then u update your game. No one ever needs to be online at the same time either. Any chance of something like happening in FM? No idea about the technical aspects but it would be a really cool feature. Guaranteed more people would play online leagues. FMLive also wouldn't be talked about as much.

Thoughts?

Please, please, for the love of all that is dear and holy, let me control where players play in the reserves and U-18s without having to take control of the side. If I tell the reserves manager that I want that right-back from the U18s playing as a defensive winger because that's where I want him to take over in a couple of years, it should.just.get.done. Right now he plays some super mysterious combination of my actual reserves and under 18s, with positions seemingly decided on a whim. As the focus of the game for me is always creating a system from scratch, and then developing my players into that system, this one thing just ruins the immersion for me.

The whole reserve and U-18 module could use further improvements to be honest. I know it's not a huge focus in England but the amount of people on these forums who are always asking for better B-team, reserves and under age management should be a give away that it's how a lot of people play the game.

I would like to be able to search for staff based on whether they have played at international level as players (as you can do when searching for players). It seems particularly odd to me that when you sign a member of staff for an international side that the game comments on whether they have played at international level or not, yet you can't set that as a search parameter when trying to find staff (unless you can and i've missed it in which case please ignore the above!).

I would also like it so as to be able to more easily find ex high profile players who are now coaches.

Also I know it's been mentioned before, but when managing in Italy nearly all the clubs have so so so many rival clubs, which makes it very hard in my experience to make transfers between clubs, could the effect of rival clubs be toned down somewhat when deciding if a player will move or not?

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet as I haven't scrolled through all 24 pages but it would be nice if at the end of the season, if a team avoids relegation or wins the league or a big cup upset, then some of the crowd should run onto the pitch. Also, after winning a trophy it should show the team lifting the trophy

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet as I haven't scrolled through all 24 pages but it would be nice if at the end of the season, if a team avoids relegation or wins the league or a big cup upset, then some of the crowd should run onto the pitch. Also, after winning a trophy it should show the team lifting the trophy

Probably wouldn't be allowed legally. Pitch invasions are usually frowned upon by the leagues

Hi Everyone,

My suggestions would be:

1. How about displaying not just the birthplace of a player, but also displaying the region he is from? It would be fun searching for players being born in Your region by just one filter. Domestic player orientation would gain a new meaning!

2. Possibility to pick 2 or 3 favourite teams at the start of the game, if the reputations/regions of these teams are very different. ( Lower league vs. Champions League as well as UK versus Easter Europe)

3. Licenses or special editions for a major club:

I know. Premier League is licensed by EA, while clubs have partnerships like Manchester United with Konami, and Arsenal, Aston Villa, Chelsea, Everton, Fulham, Newcastle, Manchester City, Tottenham Hotspur with EA. Still it would be nice to see either a special edition for any of the remaining teams, or having one of them licensed per year only for one FM. (Remaining teams are: Liverpool, Crystal Palace, Cardiff, Swansea, Hull, Norwich, Southampton, Stoke, Sunderland, WBA, West Ham)

4. Larger media role when managing a national team.

5. Third partner ownerships simulation in Latin-America, Mediterraneum

6. Retro mode: Possibility to start 5 or 10 seasons earlier than the start date of the edition based on the database created 5 years ago.

7. Possibility to try the mobile handheld demo on PC in order the player may judge if the handheld version worth it.

8. Possbility to set birthplace of human managers. ( Would be useful for determining the birthplace of possible in-game sons!)

9. Retro skin with a CM01-02 feeling, disabling ALL player pictures, competition and club logos, and all kits!

10. Deeper possibility to advise special moves for offensive players to break up the defense

11. Maybe a possibility to suggest to build an affiliated academy abroad and picking a lower reputaion club for it.

Archived