Do you play, or do you wait for 11.3?

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was excited when I bought it, but the bugs stopped me playing it pretty quickly. Have done my bit in the bug reporting section to get the things sorted that are annoying me, and I'll be playing 2010 till they're fixed.

It's not really a big deal... 2010 didn't suddenly become a rubbish game. I like some of the improvements in 2011, and I don't use real player names, so the updated database doesn't affect me at all.

got a brand new laptop.... and havent even installed the game.......... deinstalled from my older laptop and havent played since....... so..... waiting for 11.3 .... unpatientelly!! :D maybe this weekend who knows! lol

btw. FM10 was a much bigger game in terms ocf getting me hooked than 2011 i must say....

im the same as most of you on here..... waiting for the patch, havnt played it this year.... couldnt get into a save without getting bored after like 15 mins into it. want the patch soon as lol coz i love football but this game isnt what i was expecting it to be at this moment of time.

Too many goals from In-direct free kicks (I score between 20-30 goals per season with these, as Arsenal with a small team that's mostly rubbish in the air)

Too many goals from corners

Crossing is very, very poor

Not enough headed goals from open play (because of the above)

AI managers hardly signing new players

AI managers playing with star players until they 36 with no pace (Because of the above)

Regens/Newgen quality and quantity totally lacking leading to very poor quality long term saves

In the last 2 FM's and hundreds of hours worth of play I have never had a keeper sent off or seen one take a player down giving away a penalty

Target Men do not work as they should

Selling players to AI team's isn't realistic (A good thread on the forum is where a guy couldn't get a good fee for his star striker, yet as soon as he resigned a team paid about 10x his value)

I've stayed away from the forums for the most part. The only reason I know about bugs is from reading them on here, and even then I haven't really noticed the issues myself. The game is certainly not unplayable. I haven't had a game ruined by any of the issues mentioned above.

had enough of it, im waiting now, tried to play again but just got bored and angry, most of the game is fine for me, but the fact that the strikers score 3% of their chances ruined this game for me

this is the worst fm i ever played so far, lets see if patch 3 can fix it or i will uninstall

actually, on fm09 i got into 2044 in a save, in fm10 i got in 2036, but on this one, i only played 2 seasons, its pathetic

Mu current save is in 2016-17, I don't see the point in starting a new game when 11.3 comes out as most of the players who will be changed are getting on a bit and will make next to no difference to my transfers: I tend to sign players who are under-24 so all the 'real' players are older than that now.

Afaik the ME changes do not need a new game to take effect so its just a waste of what hard work I've put in to construct the team I have.

I think an announcement would be nice now...even if the patch is not gonna be out til late Feb/early March at least we can all plan what we want to do with our current games or next games. I personally hope it will be out by next week but don't mind if its later as long as we know its gonna be later. Most of us I imagine are just waiting now but we could be waiting for weeks, we just don't know it.

Waiting on 11.3.1 ( hotfix anyone? ;D ), playing a friend's save, getting familiar with the new features in FM11. Loving the new features but the bugs are.. too much. Yesterday I got a goal from a deflection of a defender at their net. The ball came to my goalkeeper, he saved it and put it to his foot and then just sat there for their striker to come and take the ball from his feet and score. Even thou' it's a bug, the sad thing is that this **** happens in real life too! Goalkeepers trying to look pro, making he opposing striker's to run some more only for the goalkeeper to take the ball in his hands. Still' a bug. Nuff' said.

I purchased FM2011 2 weeks after the release date and absolutely hated it. I found it to be a lot less flexible than FM2011 and the graphics weren't much of an improvement.

On top of that I found the 3D match engine to be a lot worse than the previous year and bad defending was back.

I took the game back to the store and got a refund and that was 4 months ago.

Recently I have been getting that FM itch and having the urge to play it again - but its like a relationship that you know may be dead but you just want to try it again for the sake of not being alone ( :p )

I was tempted to buy it again, but I am waiting for the patch to come out and to see what people say for the first 2-3 weeks of it.

I think however, I will just stick to FM2010 - even though I haven't played it much and just try to get back into it.

So this means another 12 months without FM (as I certainly wont be buying it on release date and wait till 12.3 or whatever the patch will be called).

I just wanted to add that SI still need to add better celebrations for winning a title, more news articles and a more "fun" aspect to the game. Year after year when I do play the game, getting a one liner "congratulations" in the news after winning the title is just a killer for me. I won a title on the last day, and my players just walked off the pitch. Absurd!

No complaints on my part since the 11.2.1 patch. The only thing that bothers me is trying to sell players and only able to sell them at either face value or lower price. I'm currently in 2016/2017 season and still enjoying it but I cant wait til the 11.3 patch so I can edit the U.S. league and start a new save.

No complaints on my part since the 11.2.1 patch. The only thing that bothers me is trying to sell players and only able to sell them at either face value or lower price. I'm currently in 2016/2017 season and still enjoying it but I cant wait til the 11.3 patch so I can edit the U.S. league and start a new save.

This. Enjoying now but will start new game once patch is released. I can wait :)

I'm waiting for 11.3 and I haven't played FM in the last month. If I wait any longer I might even give up on this whole game. I don't enjoy it as much I did in past years anymore and I don't like the direction it has taken. Too many useless additions, but the core of the game (ME) is still very dodgy and training has been a let-down.

I didnt knew about all this bugs until i readed this thread... seriously guys, football in real life is not perfect therefore a simulator shouldnt be perfect either! Poor croossing? well try making individual training schedules and improve the crossing of your players, poor finishing? then improve your players! goalkeepers never getting a red card? try playing with an offensive GK, adler got 4 red cards in one season of my bayern munich save hahaaha not enough headed goals? you should say that to babacar, dzeko, pazzini, torres, llorente, drogba, hernandez or some other really good strikers! Not enough good regens? oh come one, you dont need players with 190PA to enjoy a game, you just need to make good tactics and think outside the box and outside the tactics/training schedules/player threads of this forum :)

I've not started a game of this years FM yet, despite getting it on release date. Far far too many bugs this time around. I doubt I will buy next years version until the 3rd patch has been released.

I'm right with you. Based on previous games not being truly finalized until the final patch, I have waited to buy the 2011 game until this 3rd patch comes out.

Somebody else who have stopped playing FM, and waiting for patch 11.3? I did. I can not motivate my self to play, despite countless attempts, well aware that the patch can be very close. The reason for that is because the game, as it stands right now, is characterized by bugs which to me seems devastating for my motavation to play: "match preparation" bug, "curent" save bug, unrealistic "transfer fee" bug, "defensive line and the goal kick" bug, etc. A little too much for my taste.

Thus, FM has been put on the shelf already around the new year. Have not touched it, nor should I touch it before the patch comes out. At the same time, I'm getting very tired of waiting, and I have nothing against if SI decides this time to break with normal practice and release the patch before the middle of February.

What are all these bugs?

What are all these bugs?

Well, if you read only this thread you will find a whole lot of different bugs that people here have mentioned. The list is long, and it's very subjective what some perceive as bugs. You may not perceive much of this as bugs, but many others do. I do not have any intentions to collect all proposed bugs in this thread, but there is no doubt that by reading through the forum you will find many of them.

Been playing 10.3 as I still have a good save going. I love 11 but It just can't keep my attention like the other versions. I can't wait til 11.3 comes out but 10.3 was so good imo 11.3 won't be able to do anything for me. I hope I get proven wrong but who knows, last year 10.2 to 10.3 was like night and day.

All I know for sure is that SI will get most of their sales in the month of Feb. from now on. ;)

I've not started a game of this years FM yet, despite getting it on release date. Far far too many bugs this time around. I doubt I will buy next years version until the 3rd patch has been released.

Took the words out of my mouth.

I sometimes go play FM10 but haven't touched FM11 for a long time

so are people incapable of making up their own minds now a days? Seems kinda sad to buy a game then not play it because of you read a forum and are unable to form your own opinion.

It's not sad. It's common sense. You don't play such a time consuming game when you know that it's full of bugs and that you won't properly enjoy it until the 3rd patch.

What is sad is people accepting to play such a bugged game and being so easily satisfied.

To each his own though.

It's not sad. It's common sense. You don't play such a time consuming game when you know that it's full of bugs and that you won't properly enjoy it until the 3rd patch.

What is sad is people accepting to play such a bugged game and being so easily satisfied.

To each his own though.

Do you base your decisions in life based on what other people say? Id rather make my own mind up, but as you say each to their own, I prefer not to be a Lemming tho.

so are people incapable of making up their own minds now a days? Seems kinda sad to buy a game then not play it because of you read a forum and are unable to form your own opinion.

Your point is completely absurd?

Where has he been force fed an opinion? He's made his own mind up through viewing the evidence presented by other players. As it stands, it is a documented fact that the game is riddled with bugs, many of which have been accepted as bugs by SI, and have fixes being worked on. You don't have to experience something first hand to have an opinion on it. What you think of someone buying the game and not playing it is entirely irrelevant.

Archived