Do you play, or do you wait for 11.3?

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He didn't comment on how good or bad the game was. He said it was full of bugs. This is a fact backed up by a forum full of evidence.

The problem is that the bugs affect some people more than others (some not at all). I would not be aware of any bugs if it was not for this forum and I certainly dont see any of them as game breakers but understand that depending on how you play the game, they can become more apparent. As for not playing it until the last patch it just feels like some people are cutting off their nose to spite their face.

The problem is that the bugs affect some people more than others (some not at all). I would not be aware of any bugs if it was not for this forum and I certainly dont see any of them as game breakers but understand that depending on how you play the game, they can become more apparent. As for not playing it until the last patch it just feels like some people are cutting off their nose to spite their face.

thats my point, how do you know what wil affect your or not unless you actually play the game and find out, as you say i am only made aware of issues by reading about them on here and even then i dont really notice them at all when playing the game.

As for not playing it until the last patch it just feels like some people are cutting off their nose to spite their face.

Why?

I've played 2011 for a while, and whilst some of the new stuff is quite good, the game is not such a significant improvement over 2010 that it should be an immediate replacement, especially if someone already has a save they are enjoying on 2010.

I'll be honest, I don't really think there's enough new content to be releasing a new version of the game every year.

Why?

I've played 2011 for a while, and whilst some of the new stuff is quite good, the game is not such a significant improvement over 2010 that it should be an immediate replacement, especially if someone already has a save they are enjoying on 2010.

thats a different case tho, thats not what was said, playing FM10 because you have a good save going is completely different from avoiding FM11 because of what you have read on the forums.

im a few seasons in and dont need data update, but would like the fixes for the game, only problem is im using rtc level 10 build do u think the game will crash with the new patch and this data base

no there is no reason it should crash your game i dont think even with an edited database.

I play. I don't see the point in holding off when I can enjoy the game for what it is now. I'm sure the patch will address the main bugs and various niggles, but I don't really expect it to change the game in a major way.

Wait for 11.3 - the final game. I know this every year and I still dip in after .2 and then regret it. I should re-adjust my playing of FM versions from March to February and just miss out release dates as they don't really bring much joy.

As for 11.2 it's generally playable but there are little things that annoy me that I can't get over, and I probably can't get over them because I know 11.3 is imminent and that's why I'm back on FM10 for the rest of Feb continuing my long game.

I love fm11. This is the first time i got into a long "career" type of game since fm08. The bugs though.. oh the bugs. Game would be perfect without them. :) I still think fm11 is the best fm released to date, but the bugs really take its toll after a while, especially the "current" bug which drives me absolutely nuts. haha. Still play fm10.3 when i get a chance though, that patch/game was almost perfect.

I played a couple of seasons of FM11 and, quite honestly, found it a very difficult game to enjoy in the same way I did FM10. Consequently I found myself reverting back to my FM10 saved game, which I have taken through as far as 2045 and have spent a ridiculous amount of time playing. I'll certainly give FM11 another try when 11.3 is released, but I don't expect to suddenly be won over.

One thing I would add is that forming any opinion based solely on the bugs forum seems a little naive, because every year you could browse that area of the boards and find hundreds of reasons not to play the latest version of the game.

Please explain? If you dont want to contribute to the discussion with something constructive, dont bother

I have made a constructive input before this post just posted a thought. People who deny there is even a problem with the game and argue every possible reason it isn't a fault.

I have made a constructive input before this post just posted a thought. People who deny there is even a problem with the game and argue every possible reason it isn't a fault.

Is this what you call "constructive input"?

I got bored 6 seasons in with spurs and im now bored because the quality of regens is terrible.

Perhaps next time you would do better to keep your thoughts to yourself :)

In this forum, in the Portugal Translations issues, one researcher said the patch is almost coming out... I'll wait, to start 2 saves, Liverpool (They will have a fantastic midfield + attack) and Benfica, at the same time (Although I may start one in a small team, like MK Dons)

Well, if you read only this thread you will find a whole lot of different bugs that people here have mentioned. The list is long, and it's very subjective what some perceive as bugs. You may not perceive much of this as bugs, but many others do. I do not have any intentions to collect all proposed bugs in this thread, but there is no doubt that by reading through the forum you will find many of them.

Oh my god, Oh my god!! I don't care..... 11.2 is perfectly playable.

I am also waiting for the patch. A dead laptop ended my long term FM10 game, so I decided to take a few months off and wait for the patch to come out then buy and play FM11. it will help that it should happen about the same time my son is born, so the game can be played during feeds and sleepless nights.

This is a change from my normal policy of buying the game at launch and playing through the patches. I think I will be adopting the wait for 10.3 patch from now on, although to be fair I have never suffered from any major bugs in previous versions.

The game has always essentially come out in February for me.

However, the impression I get from the forums and reviews is that it's not really that much of an improvement over FM10 and certainly not worth shelling out money for because I have it, except perhaps for the squad updates (but I prefer regen squads anyway). So I think I'll wait for FM12, patch 427.

Wait for 11.3 - the final game. I know this every year and I still dip in after .2 and then regret it. I should re-adjust my playing of FM versions from March to February and just miss out release dates as they don't really bring much joy.

As for 11.2 it's generally playable but there are little things that annoy me that I can't get over, and I probably can't get over them because I know 11.3 is imminent and that's why I'm back on FM10 for the rest of Feb continuing my long game.

This. I'm also waiting for patch 11.3 and playing my long term FM10 save at the moment until the new patch comes out.

Sticking with 10.2 for the foreseeable future. Those saying "Just look at the bugs forum" though obviously haven't been on the forum for very long. Its been like that for every single patch of every single version since I've been here, you'd never have played any CM or FM game at all if you'd used that to make up your mind.

would be nice to hear some timeframe plans for 11.3 from SI... afterall we are all paying customers.

How many times do people need to be told?

Its being worked & will be out, as usual, between middle of Feb & early March when its finished.

They won't give a fixed date as 1,000,001 things could go wrong which would change that date.

Archived