Do you play, or do you wait for 11.3?

my 11.2 wolves games has ground to a halt, thanks primarily to the lack of transfer activity for my players. the past 2 seasons my total spend has been 3 million, and that was only because i had to replace a retiring striker.

once you have assembled a winning team the only concern is player age, which makes for a very boring long term save!

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a little annoyed (as I am every year) that we have to wait until Feb/March for the game to be at its best, maybe I should learn my lesson and buy it then. But what I will say SI without wanting to sound like an a***licker provide one of the best if not the best service in terms of patches. I don't play too many other games but from my own experience FM always has the best and most in depth patches out there. Like I said little annoyed I buy a game in November and don't feel I get into as much until Feb/March but at least we get a service that sorts out the bugs and quite quickly too.

Earlier in this thread I wanted a date so I could plan what I wanna do with my current game and next game but thats when I was on a wobble with my current game, now I am flying so I don't care lol

I just wish the bugs werent so game breaking in the first place. I like to play long term saves and most of the game breaking bugs dont start appearing till you get about 5 seasons in and by then youve already wasted your life playing.

The game should not need 3 patches every year, and still have some game breaking bugs left in.

Milnerpoint scours these forums to valiantlydefend this game. It is embarrassing the amount of threads he pops up in to defend this game. If you are enjoying it so much...what the hell are you doing in these threads all the time?. Cant you get it in your head that the bugs are game breaking for a lot of people. If it isnt game breaking for you then fine, good luck to you. But your constant defending of the game is pathetic. Simply because it makes no difference to the people not enjoying the game. Why dont you start a thread dedicated to suckers like you who are perfectly happy to pay £30 for a disgrace of a game that can only save itself after numerous patches. Your starting to annoy people and you are becoming a figure of ridicule.

your just a troll, a very good one but nothing more. Its the only plauable explanation as to why you spend so much time on here when you clearly hate the game and have no interest in helping make it better, at least try and be constructive sometimes if you are going to continue posting.

I´m waiting and despairing for the new patch! Next year i´ll only buy the game when the final patch comes out...

same here! actually after this patch is out (and assuming it will fix most of the issues and make it a good playable game) i will only check back this forum in feb. 2012!!

i will then buy the game -> install the latest patch and be a happy gamer!! lol

...only exception to being here will b for graphs and tactic talk... though i can get that someplaces else...

Have to say these threads frustrate the hell out of me. I have played FM11 since release date, through Steam, all the patches, and had 2 crashes. Thats it.

The game is playable, please dont say it isnt.

I know some people have genuine problems, but how come I don't ? I dont have a super PC. Maybe I just get on with it and play the game ? dont watch the matches , could'd care less if all my goals are lobs from 50 yard, you win / lose with all the things people moan about.

No other game / Developers give so much advice/support to a series.

SI are not the be and end all, buts lets be fair FM11 IS a playable game and was out the box !

End of rant. Going back to my 6th season at Club America.........

Have to say these threads frustrate the hell out of me. I have played FM11 since release date, through Steam, all the patches, and had 2 crashes. Thats it.

The game is playable, please dont say it isnt.

I know some people have genuine problems, but how come I don't ? I dont have a super PC. Maybe I just get on with it and play the game ? dont watch the matches , could'd care less if all my goals are lobs from 50 yard, you win / lose with all the things people moan about.

No other game / Developers give so much advice/support to a series.

SI are not the be and end all, buts lets be fair FM11 IS a playable game and was out the box !

End of rant. Going back to my 6th season at Club America.........

well said the game is more than playable

when the patch get's released, is it possible to start the game in the middle of the season in january, and not at the start of the season?

no but you can holiday until january if you want too. or you can choose a league that does not start in the summer and it will generate the first half of the season for any league you have loaded that does start in the summer.

I can't understand some of you who say the game isn't playable until the third patch.

I love getting new patches because of course it generally enhances game play but I've been hooked on this version of FM since the day I bought it and I've patched it ever time without feeling like I've lost anything.

Each version that I've played has been brilliant to play and certainly nothing that would annoy me so much to say it's not playable.

Sure, the transfer system still needs tweaking as in the real world, I'm sure that there will always be clubs willing to buy a player for more than his value when you offer him out for transfer at a few quid more.

Not a game-breaker though!

I can't wait for 11.3 though.

when the patch get's released, is it possible to start the game in the middle of the season in january, and not at the start of the season?

Yes. Load the Russian leagues, one of their start dates is in January 2011. Obviously the game will simulate all the matches up till that point, you won't have the RL results.

no but you can holiday until january if you want too. or you can choose a league that does not start in the summer and it will generate the first half of the season for any league you have loaded that does start in the summer.

good idea, thanks.

just can't wait for the patch. everything is pointless untill it arrives

I am waiting for the new patch because of the job bug that prevents you from getting other jobs when one has achieved too much success... Cannot continue my career save until this is fixed... :( Having won everything except the Champions League with Ajax I am ready for an new challenge with an other team. Let's hope it is out tomorrow!!! :)

I can't understand some of you who say the game isn't playable until the third patch.

I love getting new patches because of course it generally enhances game play but I've been hooked on this version of FM since the day I bought it and I've patched it ever time without feeling like I've lost anything.

Each version that I've played has been brilliant to play and certainly nothing that would annoy me so much to say it's not playable.

Sure, the transfer system still needs tweaking as in the real world, I'm sure that there will always be clubs willing to buy a player for more than his value when you offer him out for transfer at a few quid more.

Not a game-breaker though!

I can't wait for 11.3 though.

i take it 11.3 will be saved game compatible

I have stopped playing, but for the more prosaic reason that as a LFC fan I couldnt bear playing with Torres in the team!

I could have used an editor to get rid of him, but didnt want to break the game and it felt wrong having achieved success with him. So in the end, I just lost interest in the game.

Still, thats not to say I am not praying for some improvements. While there is nothing gamebreaking, and I'm sure many of them are my tactics, I still despair of (a) resetting set piece instructions, (b) defenders not tracking runners, © the general lack of transfer activity, (d) slight stuttering/jerkiness of the match engine. And thats without getting into the faults that seem to pass from edition to edition without ever being remedied (like backpasses going out of play, poor heading from target men, discrepancies at AI/human player transfer activitiy (where they bid higher for AI-managed players and all seem to know what value to spend on yours), or the way that other clubs wait for you to bid then bid).

Not to say the game isnt playable, but how come the engine seems to reset itself each year and needs to be fixed with patches, but the same issues crop up again and again?

I would like to play but it's impossible because of bugs in the game (right now I can't start a new game and the old one crashes every 5 minutes or so...). Currently I'm considering going back to FM10.

I don't think I'll buy FM12 even though I bought every edition since the creation of FM and a couple of CMs.

your just a troll, a very good one but nothing more. Its the only plauable explanation as to why you spend so much time on here when you clearly hate the game and have no interest in helping make it better, at least try and be constructive sometimes if you are going to continue posting.

People like you, who scour threads looking for people making points of bad points in the game to defend it are the ones doing most damage and and not helping to make it any better. And what the hell does that mean "have no interest in helping make it better". Why the hell should I ?. My involment with the game company should end as soon as I shell out my £30 for the game and not have to wait 4 months for a patch to be able to play it. You are the troll my friend, a fanboy troll. I still dont understand why you cant just accept that some people are having major problems with the game. If you aint, great, but what makes you think anyone who is having problems with the game actually gives one flying sh*** about you coming in the threads to defend a blatant problem within the game. Idiot.

Really just wanting the patch to be released for the data update, I found 11.2 quite good ..

But I have only played one game on this release so far, 5 seasons with Everton ..

Really looking forward to getting a good game going once 11.3 is out, I check the forums once a day to see

I installed 11.2, had the tactics problem, uninstalled it right away and I'm playing with 11.1 ever since.

I'm playing one of my favorite FM saves ever now, so I do like the game a lot, despite some problems I'm seeing.

Having said that, I think FM10 was much better, and I do understand the frustration of a lot of people here and on other forums.

Hope 11.3 will solve everyone's issues and not create even more!

Somebody else who have stopped playing FM, and waiting for patch 11.3? I did. I can not motivate my self to play, despite countless attempts, well aware that the patch can be very close. The reason for that is because the game, as it stands right now, is characterized by bugs which to me seems devastating for my motavation to play: "match preparation" bug, "current" save bug, unrealistic "transfer fee" bug, "defensive line and the goal kick" bug, etc. A little too much for my taste.

Thus, FM has been put on the shelf already around the new year. Have not touched it, nor should I touch it before the patch comes out. At the same time, I'm getting very tired of waiting, and I have nothing against if SI decides this time to break with normal practice and release the patch before the middle of February.

Evening chaps,

I don't often frequent the moaning posts, but this one caught my eye. Could someone provide some detail on the "bugs" discussed above?

Transfer fee

Current save

Defensive line

And while we are at it; the "selling players" bug

Evening chaps,

I don't often frequent the moaning posts, but this one caught my eye. Could someone provide some detail on the "bugs" discussed above?

Transfer fee

Current save

Defensive line

And while we are at it; the "selling players" bug

if you havent noticed them then dont search the forums for them, you will spend more time trying to see them than enjoying the game!!

If that was a bug with the game why wouldn't everyone be getting it?

Because not everyone's computer configuration is the same. Software can behave differently, depending on the environment it is operating in.

I'm not sure people who don't grasp that simple fact should really be commenting on software issues.

if you havent noticed them then dont search the forums for them, you will spend more time trying to see them than enjoying the game!!

Got to agree here! If you haven't noticed them, you aren't suffering from them.

And if you aren't suffering from them, go play the game, fella! : )

I dont think were in any doubt the game as issues here and there its to be expected me personally just think people over exaggerate them

but if people cant enjoy the game because of certain bugs i guess its there right to do so everyone entitled to there opinions. me personally have loved it since day 1 ive maybe been lucky and not witnessed half of problems mentioned but i just play and get on with it anyway :)

Archived