Football Manager 2011 blogs

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff

Firstly, just to say that I'm not going to be around the next couple of evenings to update the thread when the blogs go live - they'll both be up just after midnight at Mirrorfootball.co.uk - I'll then update the thread at some point the next day with a direct link.

Anyone notice that in the video for FM11 there are players wearing four different kits on the field?. o_0

And there's a guy sliding around knee deep!

I understand that's probably a video of an earlier build, but it's not really a great way to publicise the game is it?

The four kit thing was due to a bug with the YouTube uploading system, which is fixed for the release.

The reason it's a video from an earlier build is because it takes a long time to get these videos approved by legal. So we went with a video that had already been approved some time ago.

I just find it funny that the weather effects is what it comes down to, when you are to decide whether to buy the game or not. If the game was about being a Football Grounds Keeper I would understand how the weather effect would play an important part, but other then the visual part it doesnt really matter that much does it? You can also turn off weather effects in the display settings if the look of it is that big of a problem.

I fully take your point Bjaart, however if you are trying to improve the match experience by including better stadiums, houses, streets etc I just feel it would be a pity if something such as the rain effects which wre pretty good in FM10 is actually worse in FM11 and because it rains in approaching 50% of my matches seeing those large white streaks whould take away some of the enjoyment of watching the matches rather than enhancing it

All i am asking for is for Miles or someone else from SI to say it won't be like that in the released game or that is a bug that might be fixed in a future patch or that they are happy with it.

Miles should be sacked for not including rainbows tbh

I agree with you, the game without rainbows is unplayable out of the box, and it is no excuse that they will include them in a patch after all that beta testing that has been done to the game..why are those guys paid for then??? Unless they try to mend their mistake including also animations of little ponies riding the rainbows, I am off to Fifa manager, THAT is a football simulation.

Only thing missing is rainbows?.. So I assume there is lightning then? :D

I don't know whether lightnings will be in the game, maybe as an easter egg where you type a secret code on your keyboard and you can strike your opponents' goalkeeper or your striker after the 10th time he misses a chance, letting out your frustration on him

No rainbows? Thats crap.

I'll give this year a miss. I knew there would be something missing.

I'll just carry on playing FM10 - and hopefully rainbows be included in FM12.

i seriously hope that was sarcasm :D

if it wasn't you'll buy fm 11 when 1000's on the forum start talking about how great it is :cool:

I fully take your point Bjaart, however if you are trying to improve the match experience by including better stadiums, houses, streets etc I just feel it would be a pity if something such as the rain effects which wre pretty good in FM10 is actually worse in FM11 and because it rains in approaching 50% of my matches seeing those large white streaks whould take away some of the enjoyment of watching the matches rather than enhancing it

All i am asking for is for Miles or someone else from SI to say it won't be like that in the released game or that is a bug that might be fixed in a future patch or that they are happy with it.

The best thing for you to do is to download the demo and give it a try. The videos are not as sharp or as clear as when playing on your machine, but there are also different intensities of rain now as well, so there is no one level of intensity throughout an entire match, the rain get get lighter or heavier depending on how the weather is. I personally feel it looks better than last year, but you can be the judge of that in the demo.

The best thing for you to do is to download the demo and give it a try. The videos are not as sharp or as clear as when playing on your machine, but there are also different intensities of rain now as well, so there is no one level of intensity throughout an entire match, the rain get get lighter or heavier depending on how the weather is. I personally feel it looks better than last year, but you can be the judge of that in the demo.

Thanks for you opinion Neil, much appreciated

Why? Does FIFA Manager have rainbows?

the pure annoyance of the stupid gimmicks in that game made me not even get to my 1st match, why do i as a manager have an option to play effing golf?

rainbows are over-rated it's this double rainbow you want

the excitement of the guy is enough to convince me it was amazing

I think that we´re all forgetting the essential and that is match engine. I really like the effort that the SI team as put in improving 3D animations but personally I don´t care if it has a rainbow or if rains more or less. The game will always be about football management. I simply want SI to fixe some problems in the game such as odd subs, narrow formations dominance and the lack of goals from crosses.The rest is a bonus to all of us.

Oh my god! Love some of the stuff from today!

Split screen not confined to half the screen = awesome!

Weather changeable during game = brilliant, hard to believe this hasnt happened before now I come to think about it!

Minimize all widgets = handy little feature, that did annoy me last year

Offside lines = i know we heard about this in the podcast but it is truly awesome!

Argh there's just so much! Cannot express my excitement! **Goes into FM-related swoon**

Archived