Football Manager 2011 blogs

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i fail to see how that addresses the question

if you can play in offline mode (ie: without the internet connected) it stands to reason that you do not need to log into steam at any point

so it seems logical to me then that steam would have no idea if two people are playing at the same time , in offline mode, using one copy of the game but installed on several PC's

I have the answer ! :p

In fact it's simple : when you play on a PC, you have validated the game at your first play when you download it or launch it if you install from a box (need to be online at this time).

You want to play on another PC, you download/install the game another time and so validate the game in this PC (because you need to be online even if after that you play offline), so the game is no more validated on the first PC (and you can't no more play the game in the first PC).

If you want to play on your first PC, you need to validate the game again, and you guess it, the game is no more validated on the second PC.

:)

I have the answer ! :p

In fact it's simple : when you play on a PC, you have validated the game at your first play when you download it or launch it if you install from a box (need to be online at this time).

You want to play on another PC, you download/install the game another time and so validate the game in this PC (because you need to be online even if after that you play offline), so the game is no more validated on the first PC (and you can't no more play the game in the first PC).

If you want to play on your first PC, you need to validate the game again, and you guess it, the game is no more validated on the second PC.

:)

What about the feature that you can install steam on any no of computers. Thats the point of steam cloud (which isn't supported by FM).

Lets call these PC1 and PC2, the obvious way round.

Let PC1 be online for validation, but then disconnected forever. Steam is put into offline mode, and FM11 works.

Then PC2 is connected to the internet, and you sign in to Steam. How does PC1 know PC2 is now using the same account? Do you have to reconnect with Steam everytime you restart your PC or something?

(Also, I know most computers these days are connected to the internet for most of the time, I'm just talking hypothetically).

Since the Trophy Room feature is going to be hosted on the official FM site, it would be nice if everyone's forum profile (<<<< left side of message <<<<) would contain a direct link to that manager's Trophy Room. Obviously, if that manager didn't have a Steam account & Trophy Room, it wouldn't appear. Another option would be a real clickable HTML link in each forum user's signature line. Being able to one-click from the forums to that manager's achievements would be a slick bit of interface.

I have russina version and I want to know: does this (11.1 patch) work on russian version????????????? and is there any responsibility to change language??????? in game settings there is only rusiian language option

I have russina version and I want to know: does this (11.1 patch) work on russian version????????????? and is there any responsibility to change language??????? in game settings there is only rusiian language option

Also if you have purchased the game in Russia, please DO NOT install these patches. We are currently finalising a specific patch for Russian users and this will be made available soon.

Also if you have purchased the game in Russia, please DO NOT install these patches. We are currently finalising a specific patch for Russian users and this will be made available soon.

I just installed 11.1 patch on russian version :( :( Now I have to uninstal game?? and one more question, in this patch that will be available soon for russin versins, will there be option for languages???? i want inglish interface and cant get it (

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

me and a mate have been playing fm 2010 for ages via hamatchi and never had a problem, loaded up fm 2011 and cant connect to server, we know what to do but its just not working, does anyone have any ideas as we have been trying everynight for 3-4 hours and were so frustrated. we have firewalls off and know ip addresses???

• 3 weeks later...

Archived