Football Manager 2011 blogs

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Miles, if an agent says they'll get back to you after negotiations, can you get tough and set your own deadline for them to give you an answer before you pull out of the deal, i.e tell them to think about it all they want, but that your offer expires the moment they and their client walk out the door?

Err - will I?

Only if I know by then can I say anything.

Err I think you said it yourself - 'I must admit to be being very excited about the demo release in just a few hours on this very site – details will follow at midnight for what time it will be live, and exactly where to download it from.'

lol.. um.. what?

sorry to burst your bubble mate but its 12am not 12 midnight.. haha,, thats quite hilarious though...

The abbreviations "am" and "pm" stand for "ante meridiem" and "post meridiem", i.e. "before noon" and "after noon". Midnight is equidistant from noon in both directions, so using "am" or "pm" for it is ambiguous.

hy! i must say that this manager is great but:

-attributes are unreal

-many 1 on 1 opportunities(little goals)--unreal

-i receive goals in last ten minutes from corners often

-players who played DM roles don't play what i said they play strange (i said to play defensive with little attack but they always go in attack)

-in every game i receive min. 6 yellow card but i play cautious tackling...

i can't understand have you tested this game??? to much bugs for new game...and this bugs are bigg

hy! i must say that this manager is great but:

-attributes are unreal

-many 1 on 1 opportunities(little goals)--unreal

-i receive goals in last ten minutes from corners often

-players who played DM roles don't play what i said they play strange (i said to play defensive with little attack but they always go in attack)

-in every game i receive min. 6 yellow card but i play cautious tackling...

i can't understand have you tested this game??? to much bugs for new game...and this bugs are bigg

in your opinion the attributes are unreal (people are very fickle)

tell me are you a football scout?

alot of teams concede goals from corners in real life? especially in last 20minutes if losing as they tend to send more players into the box

So it seems only some DB update to Liverpool and addition of dark skin. No fixes included in patch, will have to wait for december?

of course that they are going to fix the bugs, but for the game's imagine, they can't say that. ;) last year was the same with Stephen Carr.

yes , but are there any big game breakers atm? i have noticed minor bugs that you get with any games but nothing major

except the light skin that annoyed me

Well minor or not, I would like the game to be as flawless as it can when I start my new career..

Hoping some of the low hanging fruit sort of bugs are adressed along with DB+skin :)

Fernando Torres have concentration 12??? what with other problems i have written??

Don't know. But any issues you have with the attributes need to be taken to the appropriate thread in the database forum, not posted randomly in a thread about the blogs. Especially if you want them fixed...

Well I've never been a massive fan of FM to be honest and so far I've not seen very much in the demo to convince me that FM2011 has improved very much on 2010. OK, I know it's only a demo yet but so far all I see is the same old messy user interface, still full of pointless rubbish that has nothing to do with my team, it still takes you hours to find your way to where you want to go, there are still way too many pointless mouse clicks to find stuff you want to find and basically I'd say the UI is still over complicated, why didn't they just make a simple version with just the basic stuff on it that you need to run your team? A bit like the CM one would have been much better and easier on the eye.... I still hate this part of the game!

Once you've bumbled around the UI enough to get to start playing a match FM still hasn't improved as much as the appearance of it would suggest. First of all, the football is far too small and from some parts of the pitch it looks like they're kicking a tennis ball around. There are still far too many fouls, yellow cards and still a stupid amount of throw in's. Another thing is that, no matter what instructions you give out it still doesn't appear to have any effect on the style of how the match plays out, i.e..... No matter what I tell my centre midfielder to do he still carries on doing exactly what he was doing from the start.

Apart from looking graphically much better and the match engine runs much nicer too.... I'm sorry but I'm still not over impressed with this game, maybe the full version will be better but with only a few days to go to the release, I can't see there being much difference.

Jon T.

Well I've never been a massive fan of FM to be honest and so far I've not seen very much in the demo to convince me that FM2011 has improved very much on 2010. OK, I know it's only a demo yet but so far all I see is the same old messy user interface, still full of pointless rubbish that has nothing to do with my team, it still takes you hours to find your way to where you want to go, there are still way too many pointless mouse clicks to find stuff you want to find and basically I'd say the UI is still over complicated, why didn't they just make a simple version with just the basic stuff on it that you need to run your team? A bit like the CM one would have been much better and easier on the eye.... I still hate this part of the game!

Once you've bumbled around the UI enough to get to start playing a match FM still hasn't improved as much as the appearance of it would suggest. First of all, the football is far too small and from some parts of the pitch it looks like they're kicking a tennis ball around. There are still far too many fouls, yellow cards and still a stupid amount of throw in's. Another thing is that, no matter what instructions you give out it still doesn't appear to have any effect on the style of how the match plays out, i.e..... No matter what I tell my centre midfielder to do he still carries on doing exactly what he was doing from the start.

Apart from looking graphically much better and the match engine runs much nicer too.... I'm sorry but I'm still not over impressed with this game, maybe the full version will be better but with only a few days to go to the release, I can't see there being much difference.

Jon T.

I saw that first accidentally and didn't even bother reading your post.

So it seems only some DB update to Liverpool and addition of dark skin. No fixes included in patch, will have to wait for december?

I'm sure they'll take the opportunity with the first day patch to put in any fixes that have been tested and are ready to go, as well as the Liverpool changes and dark skin. I can't imagine why they wouldn't want to put out bug fixes as soon as they can, as it will surely make all their lives a bit easier if there are a few fewer bugs out there for people like us to complain about !

Archived