Football Manager 2011 blogs

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh one thing i keep meaning to ask, on FM11 will we now get a message informing us about our Parachute payments?

On FM10 i never recieved 1 single message about Parachute payments, even after being relegated from the Premier League and staying down for 2/3 seasons.

But on previous FM's we usually got a message in our Inbox at the start of the season saying " you will recieve X amount parachute payments over the following season " etc.

Also it would be a nice little cosmetic feature, if after 3 seasons your still in the Championship [with the new 4 year parachute payments] and you get a message saying:

" You will recieve X amount parachute payments over the following season.

Your assistant manager as reminded you that this will be the final season where the club will recieve parachute payments, so you may want to look at getting some of the high earners of the wage bill.. etc. " :D

Just read the blog released today about B-teams etc.

@Miles: In the end you specify a rule change for the Danish second division where no more than 8 B-teams can be represented. That's fine - except B-teams do not participate in the second division any longer. Have you not included the new reserve league structure implemented in this season in Danish Football?? That would be dissapointing :(

what Miles has to speak in next blogs:

-new contract negotiation

-new training system

-match preparation

-agents

-awards

-manager room

don't forget Specs, Trailer, DRM and activation...

Some great topics there. :thup:

@Miles: In the end you specify a rule change for the Danish second division where no more than 8 B-teams can be represented. That's fine - except B-teams do not participate in the second division any longer. Have you not included the new reserve league structure implemented in this season in Danish Football?? That would be dissapointing :(

I think that will be in the patch, as I remember him saying that some things that won't make it in out of box game will be in patch including some thing about Danish leagues IIRC.

Looking at these features it looks like I'm going to proper geek out and get really into this game in a way I haven't since FM08 (didn't really like FM09, really liked FM10 but didn't have time for it). I doubt I'll even bother with the demo tbh - just crack on with the game from the outset.

Very disappointing indeed. Seriously, are there no researchers from Denmark? This reserve league has been in place since july 2010, there have been other changes as well, more teams in 1. divisions and 2. divisions has been changed as welll. It would take 5 seconds to check that by just looking at the league standings for second divisions and notice that all the B teams are no longer there. I am also quite sure it was announced many months earlier that this change would be in effect this summer 2010. So that Miles specifically with pride mentions in his blog post a rule for danish leagues that is way outdated, is very amateurish.

Very disappointing indeed. Seriously, are there no researchers from Denmark? This reserve league has been in place since july 2010, there have been other changes as well, more teams in 1. divisions and 2. divisions has been changed as welll. It would take 5 seconds to check that by just looking at the league standings for second divisions and notice that all the B teams are no longer there. I am also quite sure it was announced many months earlier that this change would be in effect this summer 2010. So that Miles specifically with pride mentions in his blog post a rule for danish leagues that is way outdated, is very amateurish.

I think it will be fixed in the patch.

umm, hoping it's just spelling mistake/oversight, but it's *three* designated players in the MLS, not two. the first two as per normal, the third at a "luxury tax" rate of $250K which is split between all the other MLS teams in their allocation money.

While on the subject of rule changes, any news on introducing the upcoming financial fair play rules?

I can't see how they can introduce FFP until they completely remodel the financials to model the real football clubs work

(amortization on player value over the life of a contract, as opposed to a cost at time of purchase)

• SI Staff

The Danish thing was a mistake on my part - a case of taking the right thing, but out of the wrong database. The rules in the game will be as they should be in real life, and not as they were last season when that was a rule, and lead to us making some changes in the game to handle those situations.

22177736.jpg

10521728.jpg

Nice to see that Agents come to you, trying to persuade you to buy their player and even tell you the price you may be able to sign him for. :thup:

But do they only do this for Transfer listed players, or do you get a few naughty Agents, who try and set up a deal for a player to a bigger club behind his current clubs back?

I can't wait to try the Demo, time is going too slow. :D

10521728.jpg

Nice to see that Agents come to you, trying to persuade you to buy their player and even tell you the price you may be able to sign him for. :thup:

But do they only do this for Transfer listed players, or do you get a few naughty Agents, who try and set up a deal for a player to a bigger club behind his current clubs back?

I can't wait to try the Demo, time is going too slow. :D

that feature is in game since fm2005 or 2006. now is improved.

that feature is in game since fm2005 or 2006. now is improved.

Ah ok, i never noticed. :)

I remember on FM06 i think it was, where an Agent would send you a video tape of a player, but i think this was removed? I don't remember seeing it in FM08/09 and 10.

Ah ok, i never noticed. :)

I remember on FM06 i think it was, where an Agent would send you a video tape of a player, but i think this was removed? I don't remember seeing it in FM08/09 and 10.

Not removed, just more rare.

what Miles has to speak in next blogs:

-new contract negotiation

-new training system

-match preparation

-agents

-awards

-manager room

don't forget Specs, Trailer, DRM and activation...

All that you mentioned are important but I think you forgot the most important of all...match engine.

This years FM is gonna surpass any of the others by a mile.

I hope so - it will go some to be better than FM10 IMO - lot of new features means more potential bugs to a degree - or maybe from a purely theoretical basis in simple terms - or tha's how I see it. But realistically by a mile then certainly not IMO.

Archived