Football Manager 2011 blogs

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why would it be? It's not even confirmed IRL IIRC.

They were approved in May;

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/aboutuefa/organisation/executivecommittee/news/newsid=1493078.html

and you can read them here;

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/uefaorg/Clublicensing/01/50/09/12/1500912_DOWNLOAD.pdf

If they're including the 25 man squad rule this year, I would expect the FFP rules to be in place too.

They were approved in May;

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/aboutuefa/organisation/executivecommittee/news/newsid=1493078.html

and you can read them here;

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/uefaorg/Clublicensing/01/50/09/12/1500912_DOWNLOAD.pdf

If they're including the 25 man squad rule this year, I would expect the FFP rules to be in place too.

I thought we had thread on that topic and someone said it's not been approved yet so, that's from i got that info. Anyway, thanks for clearing that up. Cheers. :thup:

Regarding the Financial Fair Play rules, even though they have been passed into law there is still much discussion on how vigorously UEFA will enforce them, if at all. Everyone knows Barca's debt level but are you seriously going to tell me that UEFA would ban them from the CL? No I don't think so.

I therefore think its best if SI wait and see exactly how much these rules are used, if at all, before coding it into the game.

Regarding the Financial Fair Play rules, even though they have been passed into law there is still much discussion on how vigorously UEFA will enforce them, if at all. Everyone knows Barca's debt level but are you seriously going to tell me that UEFA would ban them from the CL? No I don't think so.

I therefore think its best if SI wait and see exactly how much these rules are used, if at all, before coding it into the game.

I agree there. Better not to rush anything.

I think that the financial fair play rules in real life will only be applicable for English clubs, ie Man City and United, Liverpool and Chelsea. UEFA love continental clubs and hate English clubs. I think Platini has already made this obvious.

What exactly are these rules? Are they the ones which could mean Man City miss out on Europe even if they qualify (in terms of league position)?

Those exactly, I personally think SI should wait, see how it works and then implement it, this is a hard thing to do and think considering it would be 'hard coded' and harder to remove, it should be looked at over a period before its implemented.

Those exactly, I personally think SI should wait, see how it works and then implement it, this is a hard thing to do and think considering it would be 'hard coded' and harder to remove, it should be looked at over a period before its implemented.

Yeah, that's why I asked. As pointed out above I don't think these rules and their implementation have been tested yet, so I doubt we will see them in FM until they have. I can't imagine Man City taking just taking it without a fight.

Yeah, that's why I asked. As pointed out above I don't think these rules and their implementation have been tested yet, so I doubt we will see them in FM until they have. I can't imagine Man City taking just taking it without a fight.

Exactly that, its too complicated at the moment - it would be stupid to put it in the game at this point.

Sorry if its been posted somewhere else but i have looked and cant find it,but will we be able to play '11 without the disc in it once we have loaded it?.

I have ordered the game as a disc as i prefer the hard version.

If you install it with Steam you don't, else you do.

Cheers Wonky!!! The demo will not come out before the last blog IMO - as then Miles doing the last few blogs if the demo had been released would be a waste of his time to an extent. I think Football Manager Wiki had a set number of blogs that Miles would do for FM11 - but the site is down so I cannot see.

the new training improvements announced in the last two blogs are sensational

for too long this major part of managing a team (training) was simply a set and forget thing with little to no thought needed

this is quite possibly the biggest addition of the year for mine

a huge step forward

There is still quite a lot of things to get through. Miles hasn't talked about any of this yet:

- Social me

- Live contracts negotiations

- Dynamic League Rep

- Set Piece creator

- Newgen generation revamp

If each one takes through all of next week, regarding there will be a blog everyday.

There is still quite a lot of things to get through. Miles hasn't talked about any of this yet:

- Social me

- Live contracts negotiations

- Dynamic League Rep

- Set Piece creator

- Newgen generation revamp

If each one takes through all of next week, regarding there will be a blog everyday.

i think that he will talk about agents, live contracts negotiations and DLR. and stop. Set piece creator, he talked when they posted screens. i don't think that newgens are talked in blogs

You have obviously misunderstood me. I mean that I would think about sticking with FM10 if the rain is as unrealistic in the released game as it is in the two videos mentioned. I am not that bothered about how often it rains so long as it it is realistic which I think it is in FM10

I think you should play Heavy Rain.

Archived