Who have/do you manage in the game?

2009-2010 managing Luton Town finished 4th in the BSP lost in the play off semi final losing on penaltys to Cambridge

2010-2011 won the BSP with 1 game to go on 99 pst 2 pst ahead of barnet on 97

2011-2012 in Coca Cola League 2 finished 17th hanging around the top 10 untill and awful last 2/3 months which just made it go down hill

2012-2013 in Coca Cola League 2 finished 12th in the play-offs untill the last month which went without a win and ended 6 pts behind 7th

2013-2014 in Coca Cola League 2 finished 2nd 4 pts behind the winners plymouth but before the season i tightened up in defence and until october/november they didnt gell and then a half time team talk they wont forget any time soon where we was 3-0 down and came back to win 6-3 and after that it went well

2014-2015 in Coca Cola League 1 finished 20th joint on points with 21st and 22nd put a better goal difference by +1 after a 6-0 win over tranmere (bottom) and a 89th minute equaliser by doncaster over shrewsbury (21st) kept me up on the final day of the season

2015-2016 in Coca Cola League 1 in november had a steady start in 10th and into the JPT semi final after a 2-0 win over Oxford and looking for a mid table/top half finish and promotion next season

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On FM2010 i've managed:

Arsenal - my default first game to get used to the new stuff in the game, which i will quit after a while.

Bdin - Started a big career game as unemployed and Bdin (Bulgaria) was my first club. Got them relegated in the 2nd season.

Sampaio Corrêa - Brazil was my next stop. Started there in 2010 and got them up from Serié C to the top division, where we levelled around mid-table.

Roma - After i felt i couldn't achieve more with Sampaio i joined Roma. I'm still there in 2030, but i don't really play that save anymore. Maybe after the 3rd patch comes out.

Resende - Now i've started a new career game and Resende (Brazil) is my team, after starting unemployed. Doing better than expected in Serié C, but still a long way to go. 400k in the red and no players wants

to join me, at the moment.

My career so far:

2009/10 - Burnley. Finished 14th in first season, got to the semi-final of the FA Cup and lost to Chelsea.

2010/11 - Burnley. Finished 8th in the league and won the League Cup, beating Arsenal 1-0 at Wembley.

2011/12 - Burnley. Finished 8th again, won the League Cup again, beating Arsenal 1-0 AGAIN :D

At the end of the season, Everton sacked Moyes and offered me the job. I left my beloved Burnley to join Everton.

2012/13 - Everton. Finished 4th in the league, won the FA Cup, beating Bristol City 4-0 in the final.

2013/14 - Everton. Finished 1st in the league to collect my first league title. Got knocked out of the Champions league at the first knockout stage, losing 3-1 on aggregate against Valencia.

2014/15 - Everton. Won the league again, won the FA Cup and the League Cup by beating Liverpool in both finals. Lost in the Champions League final against Barcelona.

2015/16 - Everton. Won everything (League, League Cup, FA Cup, Champions League) :)

Resigned as manager of Everton... rejoined Burnley :D (Who have just been promoted to the Premiership after being relegated 2 years ago.) Currently 2nd in the league after 12 games!

• 2 weeks later...

After failing to qualify I left to manage Chelsea. I finished 3rd in the league and got to the FA Cup Semi-Final losing to Spurs. I got to the Champions League Final. Here are the results from the Last 16 onwards:

L16) Lyon (H) 1-0, Won

L16) Lyon (A) 2et-1, Lost (2-2, Won on Away Goals)

QF) Werder Bremen (H) 3-0, Won

QF) Werder Bremen (A) 4-2, Lost (Won 5-4 on Aggregate)

SF) Barcelona (H) 3-0, Won

SF) Barcelona (A) 3-2, Lost (Won 5-3 on Aggregate)

F) Internazionale (N) 0-1, Lost :(

Most recently

Scotland: Took them on, going unbeaten against Holland, Norway and Macadonia picking up 7 points and getting a playoff place. Lost to Japan and then 1-1 to Greece and a 2-1 defeat at Hampden seen us fail to qualify for the world cup. I quickly resigned and started a new game.

AS Monaco: Slightly modified database for story purposes, first season and havent kicked a ball yet, completely re-built the first team, mainly through talent all costing less than £15M and sold the entire old first team and reserves bar a few i could only loan out on a loan to buy basis. Have a team that looks strong but then ive never managed in France so im not 100% sure on what strong for a French team is, but certainly one i would have as a SPL or EPL team, one that i believe will compete.

im currently trying to follow mourinho somewhat, starting out in portugal with a high level team (sporting right now) then, after i win a champions league, i hope to move on to an english team and when i win the epl twice, hopefully move on to italia! :)

Started:

Semi-Pro, American

2009-2010: York City

Blue Square Premier Champions

FA Trophy Winners

2010-2011: York City

Coca-Cola League Two Champions

2011-2012: York City

2nd in Coca-Cola League One

Runner up in Johnstone's Paint Trophy

2012: York City

Resigned in December to take charge at a failing Bolton side :cool:

I was ****ed because I wasn't even favored personnel at York ! :mad:

2012-2013: Bolton Wanderers

Steer Bolton from 20th in the Premier League to 15th.

2013-2014: Bolton Wanderers

6th in Barclays Premier League

FA Cup runner-up

2014-2015: Bolton Wanderers

4th in Barclays Premier League

UEFA Europa League Winners

2015-present: AFC Ajax

Having a really enjoyable time at the moment with Ajax, they have some quality young talent and I'm walking away with the league. Decided to walk from Bolton, never did really fancy that club.

My current goal is European success with my current club as they seem to be well sorted domestically!

• 1 month later...

I left Chelsea to take the job as Liverpool manager. In my first season I finished 5th getting to the Champions League Semi-Final, losing to Internazionale. In my 2nd season I finished 11th :( and got to the Europa League Q-F, losing to Bayern.

I got Sacked and went to West Ham, (In the Championship) finished 9th and got sacked again. Then I went to Wigan (In the Championship), again finished 9th and was sacked again. I'm now currently Reading manager in The Championship. After 13 games, I'm 24th with 6 points.

I think I've probably managed every single club in the Premiership, Football League, and BSP, BSS/N.

Most recently though, AFC Telford, Swindon Supermarine and at the moment managing Cardiff.

First save: Cambridge United BSS to Championship, then got stuck/bored.

Globetrotting mega-save: (up to 2021)

Valladolid (Spain)

Rubin Kazan (Russia) - recommended

Fiorentina (Italy)

Russia (world cup)

Metalist (Ukraine)

Vasco (Brazil) - excellent

Gençlerbirliği (Turkey)

Lillestrøm (Norway)

Tottenham (England)

Mlada Boleslav (Czech)

10 teams in eleven years, loyalty? What's that?

Downloaded a game in 2020

In 2021 summer, joined Liverpool, who had been off the boil for years, finished 8th last season.

Since then, I've won the league and FA cup every year, won the CL almost every year I've been in it (apart from one where Everton beat me in the final), the league cup all but 1 year, and the Community shield, CWC, Supercup every year I've been in it. I'm in January 2027 now.

I've also made England the major world force. Took over from Stuart Pearce in 2022 after he led them to the World cup title. Have since won the Euro's, Confederations cup, and the World cup.

I'll probably stay with England till I win them all again, while I'll stay with Liverpool till we get a new stadium, then I'll let my contract run out.

So far in FM10 I've managed:

Granada C.F. (Spanish Segunda B4)

Runcorn Linnets (Modified DB game with lower English tiers available)

Manchester United

Nigeria (Won WC, one of my proudest FM achievements)

Dundee United (Just started)

FM10:

Derry City (promoted to top level, stopped playing)

Donegal Celtic (won intermediate treble, won 2 cups, in my sixth season I won the domestic title and knocked AIK out of CL quals, stopped playing)

Celtic (won like a dozen games first season with ridiculous GD, stopped playing)

Swansea (top of Championship after 30 games, stopped playing a month ago)

I just don't play that much anymore.

Two of my best achievements though, in past versions, have been career saves with Dungannon Swifts and Derry. Won over 15 domestic titles and 3 CLs with Dungannon on CM3, and won 6 titles and an UEFA Cup with Derry on FM08.

Currently managing Mohun Bagan in India

2009/10 - Won the Indian National Football League, The Indian Federation Cup and The Indian Durand Cup.

2010/11 - Had over £1,000,000 to spend and took advantage signing a lot of the top clubs key players.

My current journey man save;

• Started Unemployed
  • November 2009: Appointed Wrexham Manager
  • October 2010: Sacked as Wrexham Manager due to a poor Start
  • October 2010: Appointed Mansfield Manager
  • May 2011: Resigned as Masnfield Manager after missing out on the Playoffs by 1 point
  • June 2011: Appointed Bournemouth Manager
  • May 2012: Won Promotion to League 1 Via the play offs after finishing 4th on 91 points
  • May 2013: Won League 1 and the Johnstones Paint trophy
  • October 2013: Currently 18th in the Championship

I've rejected a few job offers in my time at Borunemouth.

I was gutted when Wrexham sacked me, took over mid season and they were 19th & had a awful team but i got them to 8th.

2nd season built my own team up, but the minimum expectation was "Winner", and after a poor start with my new players still geling they sacked me. Felt let down as i had alot more to offer them but oh well.

I never really enjoyed my time at Mansfield, didn't bother with training or bringing in any new players or anything, often let my assistant pick the team. Only went their because it was the only available job at the time i was sacked by Wrexham.

Got Mansfield from 16th to 6th then resigned.

I think the Mansfield job was just a rebound job to help me get over the Wrexham job haha. :D

Then i got the Bournemouth job and i've never looked back, i'm loving it and i have no intention of leaving here for a long long time. :D

Save 1- Everton from the start... now in year 2023... made CL 4 times... haven't done anything great in CL, but I've won FA cup 3 times and League Cup 4 times.... Been in Europe every year. Rodwell is a beast...

Save 2- Real Madrid... third year trying to only use Spanish, Portuguese, Brazilian and Argentine players. I know, it's real tough that way, limiting myself to just 4 stinky countries... anyhow. Did well 1st year, despite the mass exits of players not of the right nationality. Finished 2nd and made quarters of CL. Then in year 2 I started to gel, made CL final, lost to Chelsea, and 2nd in league again... so far in year 3, I'm top of league by 8 points in Feb, and Ronaldo as a ST set to Poacher is going off... he's had 24 and 28 goals the first two years, but this year already he has 29... He seemingly scores in the first 5 minutes of every game. CL is going well...

My next save will be a National Team one. Deciding between England, Belgium and Portugal. England because of my Rodwell experiences, Belgium with Fellaini, and Portugal with Ronaldo as a ST... they have a few wingers I've liked and I have Veloso on RM, so I like him too.

Gateshead...took them from BSS to League 2 and still there.....1 year in BSS 4 years in League 2......deleted the save game because I wanted to play the new patch...

Top player : Benjamin Martha - 3 times 2nd placed in overall score chart(30+ goals every time...someone with sh't attributes got the 1st place award)

starting again with gateshead in new patch but couldnt get Benjamin Martha back :-S damn it...

not been a journey man in any of my save..in any fm game of date..have stick to one job and build a dominating squads.hehe..

1st season (middle) to 4th season - thurrock..League two is underway.Relegation is not an option this season.

I never change clubs in my saves. Don't know why actually. Currently I have 3 saves going:

Beroe (Stara Zagora): Beroe are a Bulgarian club and they are newly promoted to the top flight when the game begins. Managed to finish 6th in my 1st season, mainly thanks to a great target man that I got on a free before the season. Won the league in my 2nd season. Still average attendance is low and thus I didn't have much money to improve the squad. Changed formation from 4-4-2 to 3-5-2 due to a shortage of good full backs. Now the challenge in my 3rd season is to qualify for the Champions League group stage (tough task because I'm going up against Anderlecht in the final qualifying round) and to not crash and burn in the league because my good target man striker is getting old and only scored 3 goals in the final 14 games of last season. This game is currently on hold as I didn't really feel like continuing the save after a break from the game so started a new save. I will get back to it at some point though.

Almería: Almería are in the Spanish Primera Division and I actually managed to finish 4th in the first season, much to my own surprise. Now I'm in my second season and I'm 2nd in my group (behind Inter who have already qualified and who I'm playing in the final game). After 15 games I'm 4th n the league, especially with the help of my last-minute signing in the summer transfer window: Deco. This is my primary save on my computer at home.

Youth Academy United: Now this is the most interesting save. I created a club in the English lower leagues called Youth Academy United. They have state of the art training and youth facilities, a great stadium for the stature and David Dein backing them financially :D I have to see how far I can get the club by only using players from the club's own youth academy. This save is very recent because I've tried it twice before and it crashed both times, both times on the same date (couldn't holiday past it either). In both of those saves I had put the club in the Isthmian First Division. In this one I put them in the Isthmian Premier to see if this helps avoiding the crash. Currently I have a squad of only 18 players (I have a rule that I can't use grey players on the bench) and after my first game I had three players out injured. But if this save doesn't crash it will be interesting to see how it goes this time. In FM2009 I created them as well and I put them in the Blue Square South. I reached League 2 in three seasons but them FM10 came out. This is my only save on my laptop.

I'm Managing Gateshead and have just beat the drop which is a great for the club. Just have to build on this and try and finish mid table, then playoffs or even winners of the Conference

I finished 4th with Cardiff. The play-off Semi-Final went as follows;

Derby 1-1 Cardiff

Cardiff 3-0 Derby

In the Final I met Man City. The game was goaless until I took the lead in the 67th minute another one followed three minutes later and I was promoted.

I didn't at Cardiff though as Chelsea offered me the managerial job again.

Just playing as Luton. I walked the BSP and now after a shaky start I'm top of League Two after around about 30 games. I'm guessing I'll probably just have to consolidate next season assuming I do go up but you never know...

I've never moved teams - my last proper game I built up was CM 03/04 and I stuck with Luton for 20 or so seasons - in this one I don't think I'll move either, journeyman just doesn't suit my style =o

In this edition of FM, I re-made the United States league system, and put a team from my hometown in the third division. That kicked off my career, which has gone like...

2009-2012: Elmira City S.C.

- 2009: US Cup winners

- 2009: American Third Division champions

- 2010: US Super Cup winners

- 2010: US Cup winners

- 2010: American Second Division champions

- 2011: US Super Cup winners

- 2011: Lost in NACL semi-final

- 2011: American Premier League champions

- 2012: US Super Cup winneres

- 2012: North American Champions League winners

Resigned a day after the NACL win. While I was there, I also managed Belarus for 7 months, leaving to take over Nigeria.

In June, A.C. Milan sacked Marco van Basten after a 7th place finish in Serie A. I took them over on June 28, and the rest is history:

- 2013: Serie A champions

- 2013: Italian Super Cup winners

- 2014: Serie A champions

- 2015: Serie A champions

- 2015: European Champions Cup winners

- 2015: Italian Super Cup winners

In late 2013, however, I was presented with the opportunity of a lifetime. I had brought Nigeria to the brink of the World Cup, but needed to beat Libya at home and Cameroon away to make the finals. About a week before this, Argentina sacks their manager, and I get the job, winning their final two qualifying matches to get them to the World Cup. Once there, Sergio Aguero unleashes his talents, bagging 8 goals on the way to another Argentine World Cup title. After the World Cup, I took over the United States, and I'm hoping to take them to glory in Mexico 2018.

So, in short, in FM10, I've managed:

- Elmira City S.C.

- A.C. Milan

- Belarus

- Nigeria

- Argentina

- United States

Everton 2009-2017

- 09/10 - 3rd in Premier League, Europa League Winners, League Cup Winners

- 10/11 - 2nd in Premier League, FA Cup Winners, Super Cup Winners

- 11/12 - 1st in Premier League, League Cup Winners

- 12/13 - 1st in Premier League, FA Cup Winners, League Cup Winners

- 13/14 - 2nd in Premier League

- 14/15 - 1st in Premier League, Champions League Winners, FA Cup Winners

- 15/16 - 1st in Premier League, Champions League Winners, World Club Championship Winners, Super Cup Winners

- 16/17 - 1st in Premier League, Champions League Winners, World Club Championship Winners, Super Cup Winners

Ukraine 2016-2017 (took over as they had loads of great regens and thought I could build a great team)

- 2016 - Won 5 from 5

- 2017 - Clinched qualification to the world cup

I'm getting bored with Everton but I have a new stadium coming so I'll wait and play a season in that. Also I'm in November of 17/18 and I've had an awful start to the season, miles behind in the league. Perhaps the AI has finnaly figured me out! THe 3 Chapions League wins were eacha iricle with me having at least one last minute comeback in all 3. My favourite being 2 injury time goals against Lazio for me to win on away goals :)

playing on deus legends DB, made myself a team of classic superstars for a "fun" game at accrington stanley (who are they?) currently just got to the premiership in 2012 after winning the europa league last season and the fa cup in 2010 and 2012, and the league cup in 2010 and 2011

started off with the England Job until I resigned in 2012. In that time I managed to win both the world cup and the European Championships but I left because it was boring.

I then joined Wolves who were still quite a poor side but with buying Darren Bent who scored about 30 league goals, i manged to finish 5th in the league. I had no success in the cups.

In my second season I was doing relatively well by being 4th in the league and still in all the cup competitions including Europe when I did the stupid thing as to take the Liverpool job- the team I support. They were a fantastic side but I resigned before the end of the season as it was all too easy.

With 3 games left of the season to go I was approached by Inter Milan who were struggling in seventh and I managed to win the Italian cup and finish 4th

my first save was with Karlsruhe SC in german 2nd div.

won the 2nd division and made semi final of the german cup. signed a bunch of 30+ year olds on free transfers but when i got promoted, they showed how slow they were. we couldn't win a game.

so i started again with Tottenham. won the league/fa cup double in first season with minimal transfers. and league/carling cup/fa cup/champions league quad in 2nd season.

In: Otamendi (£3.5m jan 10), Adriano (£4.2m jan 10), Ross Jenkins (£1.7 jul 10), Sakho (£10 jul 10), Badelj (£12.5m jul 10), Zamani, Ehsan (£4.9m jan 11), Bailly, Logan (£4.8 jan 11)

Out: King (£9m jan 10), Woodgate (£3m jul 10), Adriano (£5.75 jan 11), Jenas (£7 jan 11), Kaboul (£10 jan 11), Dervite (£4.5 jan 11)

starting 3rd season now with a £50m transfer budget. going for a top DM and RB and probably sell Keane and get a top striker. Modric has been outstanding and i dont wanna sell him but Barca want him and they're one of his favourite teams.

Currently waiting to finish my second season in charge of MTK Budapest. First season was quite crap for the first half - Was 14th of 16 at the mid season split. Recovered to finish 5th (about 17 friendlies in the mid season break probably helped squad harmony). Missed out on the league cup final by 1 point, got destroyed by Debrecen in the Hungarian cup semi final.

Second season is much better! Currently sitting a comfortable 2nd, I actually bought a few strikers who could score goals. Finances in a very healthy state after cashing in on two young talents who wanted to leave and wouldnt sign a contract £800k for each (which is a LOT of money in Hungarian football). Had some super results, and some crap ones. Final of the League cup guarenteed this time (not in the same group as Debrecen :D), got beat 3-1 aet by a III-liga side in the cup :mad:!

I am currently working in paris, and the place i am at does not allow internet access to certain things. My steam needs to update, so i cannot play. I don't have my disk. So I have to stay up til ~6.30am today with nothing to do! Uncool.

09/10 - Crewe, League 2. 1 defeat, 105 points

10/11 - quit Crewe in October after coach appointment blocked.

10/11 - Vicenca in Serie B.

11/12 - Average at Vicenza, offered Numancia job in October. 2nd, promoted to La Liga.

12/13 - Transfer budget 1.5m, trashed 7-0 by Valladolid in October - quit.

12/13 - Appointed Udinese manager. Took them from 16th to 8th.

13/14 - Udinese. finished 3rd, won Coppa Italia

14/15 - Udinese, won Scudetto, Coppa Italia finalists.

Dec 15 - Approached by Liverpool - won Premier League

15/16 - Still Liverpool manager

I usually start with Carlisle, my current game i started with them after 2 seasons went to Stoke and now back at Carlisle, and have started with Newcastle before then went to Norwich. Started with Leeds as well on one game.

As Chelsea I finished 3rd (Behind Liverpool and Manahester United) and got to the FA Cup Semi-Final (lost to Liverpool 3-2). I also got to the Champions League Semi Final.

Champions League

Last 16

Lyon 1-2 Chelsea

Chelsea 0-0 Lyon (2-1)

Q-F

Barcelona 1-2 Chelsea

Chelsea 2-0 Barcelona (4-1)

S-F

Ajax 0-0 Chelsea

Chelsea 1-1 Ajax (1-1)

Just won the quadruple with Chelsea. I beat Arsenal on penalties in the League Cup Final, Man United 2-1 in the FA Cup Final, Bayern 3-2 in the Champions League Final and won the league by 6 points.

Champions League

Last 16

Bayer Leverkusen 1-1 Chelsea

Chelsea 2et-1 Bayer Leverkusen (3-2)

Q-F

Barcelona 0-2 Chelsea

Chelsea 2-0 Barcelona (4-0)

S-F

Chelsea 3-1 Manchester United

Manchester United 0-0 Chelsea (1-3)

F

Chelsea 3-2 Bayern Munich

FC Eindhoven - Got them promoted and established in the Eredivisie, even qualifying for Europe on a couple of occasions

Schalke - Only stayed a year, but finished 3rd in the season I joined them and was second the season after when I left

Juventus - Was happy at Schalke, but when Juve came calling I couldn't resist. Finished 2nd in my first season, won the cup and finished runner up in the Champions League. Next season I've completely overhauled the squad, clocked up 13 consecutive victories and then 1 draw as of now to top the league by a long way. Be nice to finally win a title if I can stay ahead of the chasing pack!

1st Save: Pompey - (1 FA Cup, 1 League Cup, 1 Europa Cup)

Was top of the league in the 4th season and in the semi finals of CL..Quit after smashing Chelsea up 5-1 as it was far too unrealistic for me :(

2nd Save: Sao Raimundo EC - (Serie C Champions, Serie B Champions, 6x Campeonato Paraense Champions, 2x Serie A Champions, 1 Copa Santander Libertadores)

Celtic - (4x SPL, 4x SC, 3x IC, 1 Champions League)

Arsenal - Was sitting top after 20 or so games, still in all competitions, but quit as had far too many nations running and was starting to slow down too much :(

3rd Save: Droylsden - (BSN Playoff Champions, BSP Champions)

Tranmere - Sitting top in League 2 after 14 games so far, even though i just got beat by my old team Droylsdon 3-0 :(

I will continue this save untill FM11 is released, so my final targets for this years FM are now: 1) Win the Premier League with someone.. 2) Manage Ajax.. 3) Manage Barcelona or Juventus.. 4) Win the WC with England..

Two main career games:

Career Game #1 (now in January 2018):

• July 2009- July 2010 - Beijing (CSL) - sacked after applying to Standard. Still didn't get Standard job though
  • September 2010 - December 2014 - Red Bull New York (MLS) - very enjoyable experience and won an MLS Cup
  • July 2013 - August 2014 - Australia U19s - didn't do much of anything
  • August 2014 - Present - Indonesia - we went to the final of 2018 AFC WC Qualifying but we lack depth to challenge and finished last in our group. A good learning experience though
  • August 2014 - May 2017 - Zenit - we won the 2015, 2016 titles by a narrow margin but the year I left Zenit won by 12 points
  • May 2017 - Present - Real Madrid - won the Copa del Rey but lost Champions League final :thdn:

Career Game #2:

Loaded a bunch of leagues and first job was Tianjin TEDA. Still with them after about a year but only hovering around 6th place. Might move if we can't get into Champions League...

Archived