FM2010 announcement

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can anyone official confirm whether the problems that plagued the last version have been corrected?

There was a pretty lengthy explanation of changes in testing approach from Miles, but just to put your mind at ease I'll quote this particular section...

We’ve gone through the vast majority of the open bugs in the bugs database, and re-tested them to see if they’re still valid, and, if they are, have set them accourdingly. We’ve closed down ones that aren’t valid, or are fixed (some of which were fixed in FM2005!) and, well, attempted to fix the ones that are still valid.

EDIT: Ah, I see I should have refreshed the page before answering. ;)

• SI Staff
Can you tell us your recommendation?

Also, will the kit editor actually work with the match engine and can we edit the shorts and socks in it. Neither worked in 09.

I can't tell the recommendation, no, in case SEGA decide to not go that way.

I have no idea about the kit editor, so hopefully someone else can answer that.

Hi Guys.

Been blown away with the League Editor, but I have few questions.

Will the league editor permit to add more teams to existing leagues? Example: Portuguese League (Liga Sagres) has currently 16 teams and I like to change that to 20 teams.

Does the sponsorship will be updated as the club gains more reputation?

Does the kits 2D and the 3D has been sorted out? Or will have the logos on match screen been repeated?

The Transfers, does lower clubs hired players that are reaching their age of retirement? (In FM07 when player reaches the age 34, 35 they are released from the club, but there is no one that hires them).

The famous media Conference? Can you provide any news now? if not I will wait!

Does reputation of a league rises? In the league editor can you edit the reputation?

About the subs. Is still making subs as the match as the timer moves on? Is there an option the timer stop, like it was in FM07?

Thanks for your time.

• SI Staff
The Pitchside Instructions look really good, I love the variety of options there like 'Play Even Safer' or 'Work ball into box', looking forward to seeing how well the players respond to these commands.

And also with the creation of leagues, sorry if its a stupid question but does this mean we'll be able to create the leagues below BSN/BSS for ourselves?

The research for those leagues, while it is at its best ever, still needs more individual researcher involvement. If anyone wishes to help research any teams in the Ryman, Unibond and Zamaretto Premier and Division One leagues, then please contact me (dean at sigames.com) and I'll put you in touch with the hard-working Head Researchers for those leagues.

There was a pretty lengthy explanation of changes in testing approach from Miles, but just to put your mind at ease I'll quote this particular section...

EDIT: Ah, I see I should have refreshed the page before answering. ;)

Yeah, please do. If i ask a question it will be directed at a certain person, not a peon such as yourself.

The research for those leagues, while it is at its best ever, still needs more individual researcher involvement. If anyone wishes to help research any teams in the Ryman, Unibond and Zamaretto Premier and Division One leagues, then please contact me (dean at sigames.com) and I'll put you in touch with the hard-working Head Researchers for those leagues.

Is there anything stopping these leagues being in the game as default if the research is pretty good?

One thing I think needs to be fixed and can be seen here is when you look at the tactics.

http://www.sigames.com/graphics/images/1827.jpg

It should be listed as:

GK

DR

DC

DC

DL

MR

MC

MC

ML

ST

ST

so theres a logical place for each position, as can be seen above, its totally random and is also random in the 09 tactics where you could have a DM and MR in the positions where youd expect the St to be.

Guest roberto922
Can people please read the thread before asking questions - will save everyone a lot of time responding to the same things over and over. Thank you.

(I can wish, can't I?)

This is only the second FM release I've been on the forums for and even I know that's never gonna happen ;)

Now for the steady stream of threads asking when the demo/game will be out...

Can't wait for the community involvement with the data editor (mainly the league side), I give it 3 months before we have nearly every level of league system from all the major nations in the game!

League clubs won't get a look in from all the LLM fans with the potential for all these leagues below

Sounds great.

Will there still be the 'classic 2d' view available when watching matches? My laptop for some reason struggled with the 3d version of the game. I have a Dell Inspiron and the game runs fine and quick and beautiful, just struggled with the 3d engine.

So i hope the classic 2d view will still be availble?

Jon

Sounds great.

Will there still be the 'classic 2d' view available when watching matches? My laptop for some reason struggled with the 3d version of the game. I have a Dell Inspiron and the game runs fine and quick and beautiful, just struggled with the 3d engine.

So i hope the classic 2d view will still be availble?

Jon

I'm pretty sure that's confirmed in the thread...

On creating a nation, what Miles and Ter are forgetting is that while you can't create a nation, there are many unused nations in the DB(CIS, East/West Germany, USSR) that can be reactivated using the editor by assigning them a continent and such.

So you can't add a new nation, but you can bring an old one back to life and add your own cities, teams, players, leagues and all that kinda stuff.

While Europe would be effected by this(Co-efficients would crash) moving a country like say Kazakhstan(I know I spelled that wrong) to Asia would free up a co-efficient spot and stop the game from crashing. The only "knock-on" effect would be one of the lower rep nations who would normally be knocked out in the Asian WC 1st qualifier(such as Guam) would be removed to allow the other entry.

It worked in previous versions like that, anyways.

I'm impressed with what I've heard so far. It seems that SI have listened to what the community has said with a number of new features such as being able to choose what news you get, the better explained tactical instructions, and the new league editor, which sounds a fantastic idea. Does American Samoa have a 2nd Division? :D

FM2009 is a fantastic game which I'm still enjoying as much as ever, but I'm optimisic FM2010 will be even better.

Ah this is great news :)

Liking all the new features especially the tactics creator and league editor! It opens up so many new possibilities.

However what's even better is all the replies us fans have been getting from Miles and the rest of the SI team. KUTGW :)

Just wanted to say the new game looks fantastic. I love the fact that the main emphasis has been on polishing what is an absolutely brilliant but far from perfect FM09. Especially like the tactics wizard feature, should make playing the way I want to a lot simpler. I also look forward to being able to play as my local team, St. Neots, sure a week or two after release, there league will have been made by someone. The only drawback is I'll be on final year of my degree and won't be able to play FM all the time :(

Cab I ask, say you create a league, does this mean you will have to swap it out with another to make it playable? Or does this mean that in theory you could have several hundred additional leagues?

First of all - I like the direction the game has gone (in two versions we've had a 3D match engine added, and now we can look forward to a hopefully much more approachable tactical setup) and I certainly like the fact that the 'off-the-field' issues with QA and testing have been addressed.

BUT - I barely played FM09 and only ran FM08 once, and all because of one reason: access to the patches for download is diabolical if you don't want to install Steam or BitTorrent (and as I use a mobile internet dongle for access to the internet I have no desire to install either of these bandwidth-hogs on my PC). You say that patch 3 of FM09 was the best version - I'm sure it was pretty good (seeing that recently most people spent their time arguing about the proposed tactics module on here rather than the game) but if I wanted to download it I had no choice but to use unofficial mirrors or Rapidshare - these are deeply unsatisfactory methods for a company to be using.

You now have the full backing of SEGA behind you: surely between yourselves and SEGA you can reach a more professional solution than the current status quo?

Regardless, I'm looking forward to my freshly polished FM10 more than I thought I would be, and that can only be a good thing.

Cab I ask, say you create a league, does this mean you will have to swap it out with another to make it playable? Or does this mean that in theory you could have several hundred additional leagues?

I believe the latter.

IMPORTANT SMALL FEATURE REMOVED????!!!!

please don't get rid of the 'x days until next game' string. i can't see this on the overview screen and i remember it was taken out of an FM once before in error.

i'd be lost without this, please put it back!!!

Gotta say i' m very impressed with the first list of "features" and i agree that what FM needed was Polish and not a drastic overhaul!. Was slightly concerned with rumors a few weeks back that FM10 would use the FM live (or very similar) tactics wizard as i must admit I' m not a huge fan of FM Live , however from looking at the new screen shots and reading the blog , it now seems that i can default back to the sliders if required (even though i will probably give the wizard a good go). I was / am still hoping for more news on (hopefully) changes to the training module and the ability to develop youth players, but on the whole looks very impressive keep up the good work! Re: the custom leagues etc, im a bit of a purist (so i wont be creating leagues etc myself) however i also LOVE LLM on FM 09 (currently managing Harrogate town) so if the community happen to create the real lower leagues then i would love to play as Oakham town or Rutland Rangers etc (my home town teams!).

Sorry for long post , I' m excited hehe

Martin

P.S.

Oh , sorry to hear you didn' t get your good nights sleep miles (Badass1982 on the twitter feed!)

Cant wait for an unofficial pack to add the whole pyramid strucutre to English league and to get the German regionals back.

Would take a long time :D

Only problem with going down more than 2/3 levels is there is no room on the CA/PA scale to fit players in. You'd have to play in leagues where the best player has a CA of 5! And of course every team would only have grey players unless someone managed to research thousands of obscure English players.

I'm a little confused, will we be able to create new leagues, or just activate ones that are already in the game but not 'in the game'?

I've thread through the thread and can't seem to find an answer, apologies if it has been answered.

I think you can do both :)

This all looks promising. I like the look of the new UI and the overhaul of tactics sounds promising too.

One thing I found disappointing about previous versions is the team talk and press conference features as they were very repetitive and generic. Has anything been added to these to make them a bit more interesting and to remove the 'tacked on at the last minute' feel to them?

IMPORTANT SMALL FEATURE REMOVED????!!!!

please don't get rid of the 'x days until next game' string. i can't see this on the overview screen and i remember it was taken out of an FM once before in error.

i'd be lost without this, please put it back!!!

http://www.sigames.com/graphics/images/1797.jpg

Notice the badges on the calender bar along the top of the screen...

Steam really isnt a bandwith hog, you can also configure it so that you dont need to have it running to launch FM.

For patching the game i found it fantastic, even though I was sceptical at first.

If needs be, I'll dip my toe in the Steam waters (as I'll be forced to do if I want to play Empire: Total war.) I'm just hoping I can avoid it. Mostly it's an option to help those who dont have broadband access at home to download the patch from a remote PC (i.e work, Library etc).

Back on thread: I forgot to mention the pitchside instructions: Fan-ruddy-tastic. :thup:

Archived