FM2010 announcement

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest roberto922

Oh, when you say some features have been changed, has the constant media unsettling of players been taken down a peg?

When they say improved graphics mate they dont mean mind blowing just polished up abit:thup:

No, but the introduction of stadiums and crowds is bound to increase processing time and 09 was pretty slow, so I expect 10 to even slower, on my pc. Nothing aginst the game, just can't see myself buying a new PC in order to enjoy it without frustrating lag.

No, but the introduction of stadiums and crowds is bound to increase processing time and 09 was pretty slow, so I expect 10 to even slower, on my pc. Nothing aginst the game, just can't see myself buying a new PC in order to enjoy it without frustrating lag.

This years game mate as been improved to run quicker as miles as said if you look in the link hes provided plus you can always diasble graphics but i think you will be ok unless you have a stone age pc :D:thup:

Everything looks very fresh and exciting and much more user-friendly - loving the post-match analysis and touchline shouts features - can't wait for more information and the demo!

Also love the fact that you are planning to 'polish' the current game,

This years game mate as been improved to run quicker as miles as said if you look in the link hes provided plus you can always diasble graphics but i think you will be ok unless you have a stone age pc :D:thup:

Good stuff, however, as I said 09 was a bit of a struggle processing wise. The PC is fine, it's just that i'm used to 08 processing times :rolleyes:

Good stuff, however, as I said 09 was a bit of a struggle processing wise. The PC is fine, it's just that i'm used to 08 processing times :rolleyes:

Yeah we all know there were problems with 09 proccessing etc but this as been looked into i think you will see a big improvement:thup:

• SI Staff
Just to clarify, I'll be able to create a nation, add leagues, add teams and then go into FM and play in that brand new league?

Just checked this out and you can't create new nations. You can only edit current nations that are in the database.

Considering the graphic requirements last year were too high for what the 3D was, I imagine/hope that the specs will stay similar. Would be suprised if it caused you lag!

To the people who are disappointed: Football Manager 2009 was very close to being the best game I've ever played. It just seemed like, as Miles said, the amount of new features meant that they seemed unfinished. If the speed, 3D, and a few minor things are fixed, then it will be the best game ever.

Considering the graphic requirements last year were too high for what the 3D was, I imagine/hope that the specs will stay similar. Would be suprised if it caused you lag!

Perhaps lag was the wrong word. FM08 I can complete/holiday pre-season in 30 minutes at most, FM09 took well over an hour, I assume that because of graphics (i.e. graphics stored/match data etc) which have to be processed. That's no bad thing, but I just don't have the time tbh.

Not overwelhmed, but I don't think there's an awful lot of 'new' things to add.

Tbh all I wanted was a better match engine and more in-depth tactics. We'll see how the engine is but as for the 'Tactics Creator'... it just sounds as if the pre-sets that were already there have been expanded and made more accessible. Are there more sliders? Do the sliders have clearer instructions or do they still have conflicting roles (i.e. Mentalitys 'Position vs Attacking/Defensive awareness).

That said... I think CM 03/04 was a 'polished' version of CM 4, and I think its one of the best games of series.

Perhaps lag was the wrong word. FM08 I can complete/holiday pre-season in 30 minutes at most, FM09 took well over an hour, I assume that because of graphics (i.e. graphics stored/match data etc) which have to be processed. That's no bad thing, but I just don't have the time tbh.

I'm hoping that, as part of the 'polish' that speed has been refined and we will have a sharper experience. I don't see why the speed was so different in FM09 than in 08. 07 -> 08 saw the speed change maybe 09 -> 10 will too.

• SI Staff
liking the look of this ....always used to hate it when I wanted to make a quick defensive sub and it only happend after I had lost my advantage..but now I think I can do that..bring it on

Yes, you can. But the sub only comes on when the ball is out of play, obviously!

I think creating your own nations and leagues is a fantastic addition but i have one question

Will you be able to create your own leagues and then transfer that to the online mode so others can join your 'fantasy' game world

This would be fantastic if you could ! :)

I don't see why not - as long as all that are playing in the online game have a copy of that league from you.

The Pitchside Instructions look really good, I love the variety of options there like 'Play Even Safer' or 'Work ball into box', looking forward to seeing how well the players respond to these commands.

And also with the creation of leagues, sorry if its a stupid question but does this mean we'll be able to create the leagues below BSN/BSS for ourselves?

Yes.

Looking good - I understand it's possibly a little early to ask, but will the 2D match engine be kept for FM2010?

Yes.

I'm a bit confused:

Or is 'it', a reference to the demo?

It's a reference to the demo.

Looks awesome!!

Not that bothered about new leagues (I prefer real-life simulation) but hopeful about the news centre. Really would be great if you could feel immersed in your game world and get the stories you want (i.e. Inter MIlan's big signing as opposed to York)

Have been waiting for this announcement for an age, now it is another one till release!!!

Well done si, kutgw

It's up to you how much news you get. Without giving too much away before the extended blog on it, you can subscribe to news about any club, any competition, any player, any nation, plus having default ones.

The plan is for FM10 to feel way faster to FM09 when playing, but we'll be blogging about speed and speed tests further down the line.

the 3d match engine screen shots look pretty good, i know its early but do you envisage that the PC / laptop specs be similar to last year?

Roughly, yes.

Just checked this out and you can't create new nations. You can only edit current nations that are in the database.

But not only nations that are currently in the game. So you can add a league from the vast majority of countries in the world, but not create, say, a Martian league.

As a happy gamer of both FM09 and FML, I must say that the new interface (more like FML with the menus at the top etc) is a great change! I hope I wont mix them up when playing them both simultaneously in windowed mode! lol

seriously, FM09 needed some work to become perfect (and easily accessible like FML) and I really think FM10 will be great. Giving FM09 a complete overhaul would be a mistake in my opinion and there arent that many features missing in the FM series in my opinon. Polish and database updates are enough top keep me happy!

Hey thanks alot for adding the ability to add new divisions and leagues. I've been waiting for this feature for quite some time.

Not sure if you've said anything about the stadiums and the other 3d graphics. But it would be cool if you could customize the game and add your own arenas (like you can add pictures of kits, players faces and so on). Yeah creating 3d stuff is more advanced than the previous stuff but i'm sure arenas and stuff like that will show up if you make it so that users can add their own arenas (for their specific teams that you have a generic arena for in the game).

I like what I'm seeing so far. It does look a lot more "polished" and the new additions look great.

I have a question about "match day experience". Will there be any noticable differences between a BSS game and a EPL game? Or between a friendly and an all important Cup Final?

Good to see that FM09 will be getting polished rather than adding lots of extra fluff. Getting a good solid base on which to build for future versions make more sense to me.

Glad to see the 3D getting some attention though, the lack of crowds drives me mad (yes i know it is superflous to gameplay, but still)

Great new, the inaccessibility of the tactics has always been a draw back since around 08 for me. Antoehr draw back, I find much development to be aimed at 1-5 season quickfire games and lots of problems often appear in longer career games. One of the most annoying is manager/club repuation seems to lag a little. For example my, my sheffield united side is a top 4 regualr in the future but clubs consistently alot lower down can still unsettle my players, as a manger I often cant apply to jobs i consider realistic as my manager repuation hasnt quite 'caught up' yet.

Can't wait for this release and i hope theres going to lots of new stuff for us long-term career gamers

Question about the Data Editor feature to create leagues. There's been some talking about a Beneliga, a league structure where the teams of the Belgian and Dutch leagues would be merged.

Is this possible to create? Saying that a league falls under two countries, but those two countries act like one 'football-country'?

Can someone at SI reply to this question, please? Much appreciated. :)

• SI Staff
When is the podcast coming back?

From the top post - "And yes, the podcast will be back, although I’m not sure exactly when."

The speed loss in 09 was little to do with the graphics. Some of it was match engine related, some shortlist related, some quick match related. All 3 areas have had lots of optimisation work this year, although the match has a lot more info in, so the optimisation might not be noticed as much as in other areas. But there's still time for more optimisation to be done.

• SI Staff
to clear another little thing, will it be possible to add new leagues to what we've already have? I mean, if Israel has 2 leagues it will be possible to add 3rd league, and 4th?

Yes. If those competitions aren't already in the database then you can create them yourself and activate them.

• SI Staff
Question about the Data Editor feature to create leagues. There's been some talking about a Beneliga, a league structure where the teams of the Belgian and Dutch leagues would be merged.

Is this possible to create? Saying that a league falls under two countries, but those two countries act like one 'football-country'?

You cannot create a system like this. The editor only allows you to add nations structure or add divisions to current nation structure. You cannot have two seperate nations running under one league.

Yes. If those competitions aren't already in the database then you can create them yourself and activate them.

So you blew CM's '7th tier' exclusive out of the water without needing to pay for the licenses? Well played :D.

I imagine the lower tiers will be about not too long after release.

Guest roberto922

the editing community will be even better this year, can see them getting a load of leagues done as time goes on

The create tactics is so promising, also the touchline instructions. roll on the demo :D

But can you clear up for me, what are sub-divisions? I'm a type of player that just likes to play the real leagues with real players with no unnecessary added fake teams or leagues.

Archived