FM2010 announcement

I have a question about the widgets. I always used the 'full-screen' mode for matches, but the problem was that the widgets (5 to be specific) I wanted to see during the game, overlapped the pitch, which made the game very hard to follow at some areas of the pitch.

I had some thoughts about fixing this, but except for making the pitch smaller, I had no clue. But obviously, SI is smarter than me, so I'm curious how you handled this. :)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As a game, with masses of hindsight, it was a bug ridden mess, eventually fixed with lots of patches, and completely the opposite to what we're trying to do with FM2010.

From a sales (and reviews) point of view, it was actually a pretty big success, as was it's follow up.

Agree with that. CM03/04 remains the peak for me. Looking at today's announcement, it gives me plenty of hope that FM10 is the 03/04 to FM09s CM4 (if that hasn't got too confusing :D)

yh well bassically this is to miles jacobsen,

firstly id like an improvement of the press conferences because its just so repetiitive. and the 3d needs sorrting with things added like headed clearences nd strong challenges nd like little long balls dwn the wing put nnot so like robottic jus a smooth ball down the pitch nd quick passing and more skills and not so many goals from wide positions it was a joke in 09 nd the net shud move it shud rain nd weather shud be dun like that staduims nd crownd noises like chantin nd stuff nd i think that it wod be great iff at the start of the match the players come from the tunnel nd line up like in rea llife nd managers on the touchline movin around nd stuf. i know this is long but i think it wod be so much better. nd the match play shud jus generally be so much smootherr. nd hpefullly when it says settin up 3d match it doesnt freeze then half the pitch goes black that wat happened to me. thats it rely o yh nd i kno its outa ur hands put any news on the license of teams nd countries yet. cheers hpefully u will replys oon miles

dnt get me wrong i love fm nd will be countin dwn the long hard 78 days :D:)

:D

Best to not use text speak on the forums, people who don't speak great English might not understand.

how good wod it be aswell if there were sponsers like approachin ur club like for the season and u have to choose ur sponsor like nike sayin we wnt to mke your shuiirts nd that nd sells for goalies

no. that would be terrible.

the manager doesn't do this.

Just one more thing. Say for instance I make the Tunisian league playable. Now I know that IRL the managers there have regions where they do there player shopping, for instance, Senegal, Ivory Coast, Mali, Chad, Nigeria etc..

How is stuff like this accounted for (if at all)? Is it likely the case that if I make Tunisia active, I'll start seeing Norweigens, French players migrating there? Or is there something which gives a bias to certain regions?

I'm pretty sure something like this is accounted for in the current playable leagues, but what about the ones I make active?

That will depend I believe on how it is set in the database. If it is set for this to happen, then yes this should occur.

And how is this set in the database? Is this soemthing the researchers are able to do or something hard coded? I'm co-reasearching some of Africa so I'd like to know how to do this/get this info to you guys..

Just one thing I want cleared up, please Miles or any SI worker.

If we create existing leagues in England - such as the Southern and Ishtmian, or regional leagues for example - would it mean that we have to extend the FA Cup - e.g. maybe start the Cup at its earlier stage, which would be the Extra Preliminary Round?

how good wod it be aswell if there were sponsers like approachin ur club like for the season and u have to choose ur sponsor like nike sayin we wnt to mke your shuiirts nd that nd sells for goalies

tbh i love that idea

I'm curious as to two items:

- The possible return of the "Send to reserves for x weeks" feature.

- The way we can develop our ingame manager persona as to create a better attachment.

Also, have all features been decided upon? Or is there time to add anything to the game?

yh well mate does it matter the board buys players for clubs without the manager they dnt do that on fm do they

they do sometimes actually.

anyway, buying players is actually fun and the manager is generally heavily involved. choosing sponsors serves no purpose whatsoever.

• SI Staff
Will there be any extra leagues aswell as the ones we can create?

Nope.

not likely the new default skin, but i can see some might. It will be possible to download skins etc for it wont it?

Also regarding the tactics, still possible just to have a basic 4-4-2 attacking etc? Or use downloadable ones?

The old system is still there if you want to use it. Personally, I haven't looked back since I started using the new one. So much easier and flexible.

Just one thing I want cleared up, please Miles or any SI worker.

If we create existing leagues in England - such as the Southern and Ishtmian, or regional leagues for example - would it mean that we have to extend the FA Cup - e.g. maybe start the Cup at its earlier stage, which would be the Extra Preliminary Round?

I would guess that you don't have to, but Mr.Burling will have the real answer :)

• SI Staff
I've just read through the whole thread and there seems to be some conflicting posts regarding creating a new nation...

Can someone clarify the situation that you can create a new nation and the leagues for it?

Thanks.

You cannot create a new nation that is not already in the database (which most of the worlds nations are, not just ones that are currently playable leagues), but there will likely be workarounds that are not officially supported so that people will be able to do this.

I've just read through the whole thread and there seems to be some conflicting posts regarding creating a new nation...

Can someone clarify the situation that you can create a new nation and the leagues for it?

Thanks.

As I understand it yes.

Thsi can be done by taking defunct nation (Yugoslavia, USSR etc.) and editing them to be your new nation.

As someone who played 09 for no more than a week (due to the mind-numbingly awkward and unintuitive tactical system) I think the key word should have been 'simplicity'. Or 'fun'.

'Polished'? All sounds a bit 'New Labour'.

As always I'll buy it; I just hope I enjoy it this year. Best wishes to all at SI.

• SI Staff
And how is this set in the database? Is this soemthing the researchers are able to do or something hard coded? I'm co-reasearching some of Africa so I'd like to know how to do this/get this info to you guys..

It's in the database already for Tunisia and is something you can add to a nation record. Speak to your head researcher about it.

This all sounds really exciting, I've been on board since CM2_ita :)

Tell me, regarding the competition editor: could you add a "British League Cup" to supercede the English and Scottish league cups, make the scottish/english teams feed to them and have a new competition like that? And edit prize money, tv money and the like?

You cannot create a new nation that is not already in the database (which most of the worlds nations are, not just ones that are currently playable leagues), but there will likely be workarounds that are not officially supported so that people will be able to do this.
As I understand it yes.

Thsi can be done by taking defunct nation (Yugoslavia, USSR etc.) and editing them to be your new nation.

Cheers for the reply guys.

Oh one more question.

So once I edit the defunct nation, such as Yugoslavia (lets just rename them NationA for this). I create new leagues for NationA, now will the national team be able to play and enter tournaments and such?

Thanks in advance.

• SI Staff
alright ive think ive come up with the best idea ever ... audio commentry in the 3d math play that wod make it so mre exciting

This thread is for discussion / questions about the features announced so far so any suggestions for future games should be posted in a new topic or the wishlist thread :)

alright ive think ive come up with the best idea ever ... audio commentry in the 3d math play that wod make it so mre exciting

I'm getting more and more convinved that you're on a windup.

If you are being serious, try posting in the Wishlist thread where people can suggest ideas for future FM's. :)

Damn, beaten to it by Ter:(

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by LFC Rule

Will it be possible to create a Euro Super League like the G12 clubs threaten to do every so often?

Quote:

This can only be done by moving all clubs to a current nation.

So no, you cant create new cup competitions between countries? (As I said, like the British cup)

As someone who played 09 for no more than a week (due to the mind-numbingly awkward and unintuitive tactical system) I think the key word should have been 'simplicity'. Or 'fun'.

'Polished'? All sounds a bit 'New Labour'.

As always I'll buy it; I just hope I enjoy it this year. Best wishes to all at SI.

The new tactics creator makes the tactical system immediately intuitive - definitely worth looking at if you weren't satisfied with FM09.

I'm looking forward to the analysis tool, it seems interesting.

is it something like the chalkboards on the Guardian site?

It would be really useful. :thup:

Yes, it's a similar analysis tool and can be fantastic for revealing your strengths and weaknesses.

I've been saying this for years but might actually do it this time: thinking of not actually getting the game till the final patch is out (February normally). That way it will be as bug free as its going to get, there will be a good chioce of 3rd party skins and graphics and it will doubt will be cheaper then!

I'm loving my FM2009 save currently to so that should keep me going.

Fantastic news SI. Can you also create young-tournaments like Gothia-cup?

Is there going to be some "prize-money editor" for winning a created cup or Leauge?

It would be nice to win 50million Euro for Nr1 in Super Leauge and like 80million Euro for Tv-bonus

i want to speak to miles jacobssen now plz for to make fm10 the best it can be ive got the best ideas please this is no windup

Post it in the wishlist where it will get read by those who need to read it. It is much, much too late for any features for FM10 to be developed anyway. Post in the wishlist.

Archived