FM2010 announcement

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry I didn't have time to read the previous 4 pages, but will we be able to get the game digitally again like STEAM last year? It was pretty convenient for me as I didn't have to import the game to Canada

The screenshots I have seen look amazing, great skin! I really like the improved 3d graphics of the pitch and things like the dugout. Hopefully the player movement will be improved and ofcourse some stadiums. The ability to shout from the sideline is ofcourse what a football manager is all about.

Here some points:

a) The tactics wizard should have been done years ago! Really for me as a new player to FM, it was extremely hard and still is to get a grip on the tactics.

b) What I also hope is that the jobcentre will get a improvement! I can't properly use this feature when I'm playing (i play mostly llm).

c) Is it possible to put in a wizard for training also?

d) I'm Dutch, so I hope you will put in the Topklasse!

FM09 is a great game and I hope that FM10 will be even better. :thup:

Guest roberto922
Sorry I didn't have time to read the previous 4 pages, but will we be able to get the game digitally again like STEAM last year? It was pretty convenient for me as I didn't have to import the game to Canada

Yes .

The pre-order section of footballmanager.com suggests Steam will be doing the game, it has a link to a 'PC Download' which is Steam I think.

http://www.sega.co.uk/retailers/?t=EnglishUK&g=6217

Speaking of competitions, that means that we can create pre-season competitions in the game :D

Now there's an idea. I'd quite like to create an annual pre-season tournament called the "Sir Bobby Robson Tribute Cup" or something along the lines, where the teams he has managed enter

Not sure, but you can make your own version of the Champions League with your own edits, and then replace it with the original.

Speaking of competitions, that means that we can create pre-season competitions in the game :D

yeah, even that would be kool & the gang

can anyone clarify?

Had a read through of the new game and it sounds very promising, happy that SI are polishing the game as FM09 was like a rough diamond - you could see the potential of the game a couple of years down the line, such as when the 2D match engine first came out. :thup:

Delighted about the new data editor capabilities, adding new leagues is going to be a tremendous addition to the game and one I had been hoping SI would do for 4-5 years, so really pleased about that. :thup:

Think that one idea will increase the game potential by so much, especially for me. Once people have the editor sussed and have had time to build the leagues, all those leagues in Africa / Middle East and all the other countries around the World that aren't currently included can now become playable. Should make it an interesting experience as now you really could potentially play as any team in the world, so competitions like the African or Oceania Champions League become much more appealing.

Will be very intrigued to see what kind of competition formats / rules / boundaries you can choose for these new leagues.

Also means I can now play as Castel Di Sangro (well the reformed team) again, once the Serie D database has been recreated... ah happy days!

Good stuff SI. :)

• SI Staff
Miles - Just a quick question: I know you cant comment on other new features BUT do club finances have its own section and have there been any changes to club finances? (essential information for a gamer like me)

There's bound to be a finance blog.

wen can we expect a video of the match engine?

In a few weeks.

Will there be a license for J-League?

No.

Can you tell us more about the 'unlockable managerial abilites' thing please?

That's a PSP feature Dave - there's a seperate thread for FMH new features in the FMH forums.

You cannot create a new nation that is not already in the database (which most of the worlds nations are, not just ones that are currently playable leagues), but there will likely be workarounds that are not officially supported so that people will be able to do this.

Could SI just add in some fictional countries which don't participate in any tournaments and don't show up in game at all, which editors could then rename to whatever they want and create leagues for?

I think you've not understood, if you want to move teams from belgium to holland and then create a league structure then that will work. However you cant create a structure and then pick and choose teams from holland and belgium.

It's worth mentioning as well that actually, the named nationality doesn't matter so much as the nationality of the regens; Cardiff, Swansea, Wrexham et al are all English clubs in FM (so far as I recall) but they produce all Welsh regens so I suppose as long as they can do that it'll be fine.

What I guess it won't do is my project, which would be a British all-through league with the FA Cup being all-Britain but with separate English, Welsh and Scottish cups instead of a league cup...

Could SI just add in some fictional countries which don't participate in any tournaments and don't show up in game at all, which editors could then rename to whatever they want and create leagues for?

That would be interesting, maybe they could add it later something like 10 fake nations with funny fake names that would only become available if we'd modify an extra file to do so, like Harchester. :D

Congratulations, screenshots look great.

Miles, quick question.

Are we any closer to having league reputations being able to grow and reduce and as a result leagues having renewable TV deals? I long for the day when in the SPL after season upon season of performing well in Europe I can compete against the EPL clubs!

If you want me to explain myself better then feel free to contact me.

It's worth mentioning as well that actually, the named nationality doesn't matter so much as the nationality of the regens; Cardiff, Swansea, Wrexham et al are all English clubs in FM (so far as I recall) but they produce all Welsh regens so I suppose as long as they can do that it'll be fine.

What I guess it won't do is my project, which would be a British all-through league with the FA Cup being all-Britain but with separate English, Welsh and Scottish cups instead of a league cup...

yes, that would be great

ive just got the laptop how do u find out if itl be ok:confused:

It has been said earlier in this thread that the FM2010 specs shouldn't be much higher than the FM2009 ones

The 3D Match Engine isn't heavier, the only thing is that the game should use more RAM than FM09.

the 3d match engine screen shots look pretty good, i know its early but do you envisage that the PC / laptop specs be similar to last year?

Roughly, yes.

Just a pair of questions on Editor

1) With new Editor can we modify Existing League Rules, like making Spanish Liga Adelante 20 Teams instead of 22?

2) This isn't totally clear to me, If I want to add Spanish 3rd Division, can I link and make playable the 18 Groups already in game as Inferior Division to the Spanish Playable Leagues or will have to create the Groups and move the teams?

3) If I make England, Wales, North Ireland and Scotland to become UK (making all English, Welsh, North Irish and Scottish, Teams, People, Towns, etc...Brittish) to avoid DB problems should I create 3 New Nations? And what will happen with the National Teams that would be trying to Qualify for WC2010?

4) In a Cup, can I select an exact Stadium to host the Finals always?, like Wembley for Cups in England does

I would say that it's that difficulty / complexity / trying to work out how to tell the game to tell it what you want to do that has driven a lot of the work SI have put into the game this year, definitely the new tactics, the touchline changes, the new user interface.

This is probably the best thing to happen to FM for years. Gamers who don't want to fully understand the underlying mechanics of the game will finally be able to "pick up and play".

Question to the SI guys, considering this years game was originally supposed to be universal binary for mac then shipped intel only Im guessing it's safe to assume intel only once again...furthermore since this years somehow works on my ppc mac (minus 3d match engine) what are the odds or it running status quo for 2010 which I'd be perfectly fine with?

Read the announcement earlier and the new features. I have a question...why is FM2010 getting more complicated and more time consuming? I can't even grasp the current tactics in FM09 and SI have added more complications to FM2010 with the player roles etc and the match analyser. How long is it long to take to play a match now?...a further more 3-5 minutes? At the moment it takes around 10 minutes and now it will be more time draining.

Question about league editor.

Can I make two leagues side by side, on the same tier? For example, Conference north, and conference south are the same level, and a few teams from each get promoted to the National conference. Would I be able to do something like that?

Also, would it be possible to split leagues mid season, or at a specified time, like they do in the Scottish premier?

Thanks.

ONE MORE QUESTION!

Can I put national teams in a league?! Like England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, etc?

hmm... i am excited also by the league creator, but i'm not getting my hopes up too much. I can't imagine it's going to be perfect, and surely when creating new leagues there are many effects of it on other leagues etc. which could potentially cause problems.

I like the new look on the whole, i dont like 3d but whatever.

The match analysis is something i was keen on, but i think it can be improved after looking at those screens, and it looks a bit complicated. Will you be able to see the position of all your teams shots etc. instead of just 1 player? This i think is a must have.

Can't think of what else i was gonna say ;) but looks good i'm looking forward to it and although i didnt get as immersed in 09 as other versions i think the shake up and new look may get me interested again.

keep up the good work and please release a good unpatched edition of the game!

Read the announcement earlier and the new features. I have a question...why is FM2010 getting more complicated and more time consuming? I can't even grasp the current tactics in FM09 and SI have added more complications to FM2010 with the player roles etc and the match analyser. How long is it long to take to play a match now?...a further more 3-5 minutes? At the moment it takes around 10 minutes and now it will be more time draining.

The whole idea behind the tactics creator is that it will be quicker and easier to create a tactic to get your team playing the way you want them to.

You won't have to play around with sliders making sure they are balanced, or read tactical guides to understand what a slider really does.

Touchline shouts and shortcuts will mean making changes in the middle of a match are a lot quicker as well.

Player roles like 'deep lying playmaker' are football terms, much easier to understand than learning how to use the sliders together.

As confirmed by SI the match analyser is just like the Guardian chalkboards (look them up on the Guardian website), you won't have to use them, will just be an alternative way of looking at match stats.

Right lets get 1 thing straight.........Is Shola Ameobi better than pele in this one?.............If not im not buying it........i thought it was a sim.........Can we hire and fire are groundsman if the pitch is crap?............And what about being able to buy a new set of orange bibs and some plastic yellow comes for training............AND THIS IS THE BEST ONE..............what about in the leagues below the BSP you charge your players "subs"......And if you charge them too much they leave for another club.............And you have to pick one guy to take the dirty kit home to wash each week and the guy that u pick his morale goes down...And .....No il leave it at that.....Im bringing my own game out if your intrested its called,,"Sunday league manager"......Not be missed..coming some time in the next millenium.

Right lets get 1 thing straight.........Is Shola Ameobi better than pele in this one?.............If not im not buying it........i thought it was a sim.........Can we hire and fire are groundsman if the pitch is crap?............And what about being able to buy a new set of orange bibs and some plastic yellow comes for training............AND THIS IS THE BEST ONE..............what about in the leagues below the BSP you charge your players "subs"......And if you charge them too much they leave for another club.............And you have to pick one guy to take the dirty kit home to wash each week and the guy that u pick his morale goes down...And .....No il leave it at that.....Im bringing my own game out if your intrested its called,,"Sunday league manager"......Not be missed..coming some time in the next millenium.

lol, nice one :p

Let's say I want to make a pre-existing league where players can only play for 4 years max (or so many number of games), beginning at the earliest at 18. Is this possible? Will the game generate 18 year old players for these teams and can the leaving players automatically enter the MLS Draft?

• SI Staff

Both are optional anyway so if you don't want to use the analyser then don't look at it and you can still use the "classic" tactics system if you want to. Although with the shouts etc it will actually be faster to change / tweak your instructions.

I'm a bit confused by the analyser despite loving the concept. So far all I see are arrows going everywhere and that's a bit confusing. Is there any information on what else it'll be able to do? I think I was hoping for something that would allow me to analyse in time chunks. Like, check the first half stats compared to the second half. Or have it compare two different tactics and tell me which were more effective and where.

I guess my worry is I'll just have more information and arrows but will struggle to translate that into adjustments to my tactics and some kind of comparison would be awesome. Maybe more will be announced on this later.

Archived