Is Torres honestly going to be as good in FM12 as he was in 11..

Dave80

Aww shame it doesn't have commentary, Tyler going "OHHH NOOOO!" hahaha.. that made me laugh more than his miss!

But it's been over a year and he's still playing AWFUL, a players stats shouldn't be based on his past - otherwise Freddy Adu would still have a PA of like 200!

He set up three goals the other day. Admittedly one was disallowed. He's hardly been terrible in front of goal for two years straight though, he's only really missed chances and been fit for 9 months and even then he had a good spell under Dalglish.

He set up three goals the other day. Admittedly one was disallowed. He's hardly been terrible in front of goal for two years straight though, he's only really missed chances and been fit for 9 months and even then he had a good spell under Dalglish.

didn't he score the one that was disallowed?

Id feel sorry for him if he wasnt going home and pocketing 80k a week

Try adding a 100k in front of that!

His CA needs to come down, a lot! I used to love watching him, even as a Manchester United fan I could appreciate what a fantastic forward he was. But he isn't half the player he was 2 years ago. He has had a lot of injuries, wonder if they have taken the toll, or if it is just a case of really low self confidence? Whatever, 2 goals in 25 games for Chelsea, and generally pish for Liverpool for 6 months before they sold him needs to be reflected imo.

He deserves a slight downgrade IMO probably a point or so in finishing/composure/mentality/ 2 goals in 25 games is't a great return for £50m to be honest, plus hes been below par for about 12 months now some might say more and i've seen many of player on fm downgraded for been poor in lesser time or months etc

Well he did score the only chelsea goal against Man Utd. If anything maybe his composure and consistancy, maybe handling pressure aswell becuase £50M price tag and all. Don't forget when he moved to Liverpool the fans treated him like he was the new Rush, back in Spain he was good but Spain have had good strikers around the time when he was at Ath Madrid plus not playing in one of the top teams i.e. Barca and Spain, Ath Madrid were like Tottenham now I reckon if everything goes rght for Harry they got a chance at the league, but where as Chelsea Should be Title contenders. So the pressure on him to produce £50M worth of goals is mega

Well, if you look at him in most (not all, most) of his games now, he either looks pants or completely disinterested, his first touch is like a baby elephant! In all seriousness, he is NOT a top striker at the moment, that's not to say he doesn't have the potential to be.. How fitting then we have a "Current" Ability and a "Potential" Ability in the game, I'm not saying make him worse than a certain former SPL striker (Colin Nish ;)) but at least take down his CA to match his current form!

2 years of mentality, when you consider how long a footballers career is, is an incredibly long time. £50m or not, something has to be done to get his head in the game.. if it was me - i'd loan him to a Championship side for 2 months, get him some goals and get the confidence back!

2 years of mentality, when you consider how long a footballers career is, is an incredibly long time. £50m or not, something has to be done to get his head in the game.. if it was me - i'd loan him to a Championship side for 2 months, get him some goals and get the confidence back!

If he cant score an open goal, whos so say he can beat the keepers in the championship :D

I agree maybe a loan move back to spain would help, but then we don't know what is happening behind the scence, did Mourinho or was it Ranieri cant quite remember had this problem with Shevchenko but abramovich was forcing the managers hand so to speak to play him regular.

While there will be those saying that he is just struggling, but it's just his form, that he is still a world class striker. There are plenty of examples of 'world class' strikers that did well for a few seasons to then never find the same form again.

So saying that I highly expect his stats to lower some, but managed in such a way he could still gain a point or two in various stats if someone managed to get good form out of him.

Should Rooney be downgraded for missing a penalty? Seem to remember him going through some bad form last season.

Ramires missed a sitter too. Perhaps he should be downgraded too?

All joking aside :D Torres is still a class player. Once he gets his head sorted he'll be fine. I think Juan Mata there will really help him.

Torres I reckon will still be up there with the top scorers at the end of the Season.

Should Rooney be downgraded for missing a penalty? Seem to remember him going through some bad form last season.

Ramires missed a sitter too. Perhaps he should be downgraded too?

All joking aside :D Torres is still a class player. Once he gets his head sorted he'll be fine. I think Juan Mata there will really help him.

Torres I reckon will still be up there with the top scorers at the end of the Season.

Penaltys and sitters are just 1 time things, he hasnt been on form for quite a while now.

People were calling for Rooney to be downgraded and Carroll to be upgraded less than a year a go. Apart from that one miss Torres had a great game yesterday I don't think he is the player he was but you have to be careful downgrading people maybe dropping his consistency would work the best.

I actually feel sry for him...he's playing very well recently, just needs to finish better.

TBH the old play-style of Chelsea did not fit him well, he needs a faster tempo of play to flourish. IMO Vilas-Boas is trying to accommodate his team around Torres, which is the right way to go, since faster tempo = slicker passing game = more through balls = happier spanish midfielders in Chelsea

There is an old saying in football - form is temporary, class is permanent. Torres is class and as a Liverpool supporter, i was sad to see him go. He will get back to his old form and will score more goals.

I would like to say though as well - the grass is not always greener!!!!

Two cliches in one post!!

Archived