fm20 news

13 ore fa, Matteo3champions ha scritto:

Maybe release date could be the non-related feature that miles, something “un-expected”. Maybe will be released before early november? So 1st november instead of 8th? 

I hardly consider a release date as a feature honestly.

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, gunner86 said:

Yep :D 

I also don't like the way he tagged on hopefully to the next tweet. Means we can still end up with nothing 

I'm sure Miles semi-announced a couple of things prior to the World Cup last summer, and at least one of those didn't happen.  These things happen (or don't happen, as the case may be)

Just now, forameuss said:

I'm sure Miles semi-announced a couple of things prior to the World Cup last summer, and at least one of those didn't happen.  These things happen (or don't happen, as the case may be)

Indeed they do. I get it.

I'd still be sat here checking for news regardless of what he tweeted. I'm just excited is all.

53 minuti fa, gunner86 ha scritto:

Yep :D 

I also don't like the way he tagged on hopefully to the next tweet. Means we can still end up with nothing 

Knowing Miles, if he said that on sunday, he is 99% sure that this week will give more news. I think that he said "hopefully" because (in my opinion) they want to see if the test going well to say an official release date of the game (and that's why i think that the non-feature related news will be the release date).

1 hour ago, forameuss said:

Wasn't there two things?  I'm sure they mentioned one more related to FM, and then one slightly outside of that, then it kind of disappeared into the ether.  

I have a vague dying memory about the J-League. But that may also have been a dream.

Edited by gunner86

vor 59 Minuten schrieb Matteo3champions:

Knowing Miles, if he said that on sunday, he is 99% sure that this week will give more news. I think that he said "hopefully" because (in my opinion) they want to see if the test going well to say an official release date of the game (and that's why i think that the non-feature related news will be the release date).

"a couple of things you won't be expecting"... 

So basically: Official Purple Green Skin plus Video assistant referees environmental activists on the random occasion interrupting your home matches (except for if you're Managing Forest Green) confirmed. :D 

Edited by Svenc

It's not "eco nonsense" at all. It's a small but significant gesture supporting an important cause SI believe in, and hopefully other developers and publishers will follow their lead.

Though I went digital a long time ago, there are still ~300,000 people who buy physical copies of FM. That's a lot of plastic, so anything that reduces the carbon footprint has to be a good thing, right?

Also, it looks like they’ve changed the names of the squad roles. So we now have Star Player, Regular Starter and Squad Player.

you can also now play an Inverted Winger in the AM strata by the looks of it, as well as in inside forward.

D679E568-1559-4B96-AD83-3A3903F1ED2D.png

44D6F7E2-C6D4-44C2-B7FB-2D3D323D9CA8.png

8CA662DD-4891-4879-8212-4142AED5ECA2.png

2 hours ago, gunner86 said:

Also, it looks like they’ve changed the names of the squad roles. So we now have Star Player, Regular Starter and Squad Player.

you can also now play an Inverted Winger in the AM strata by the looks of it, as well as in inside forward.

D679E568-1559-4B96-AD83-3A3903F1ED2D.png

44D6F7E2-C6D4-44C2-B7FB-2D3D323D9CA8.png

8CA662DD-4891-4879-8212-4142AED5ECA2.png

Now the question that must be asked are inside forwards now finally more akin to strikers playing out wide(343,433) and inverted wingers are those that cut inside from a wider position. 

59 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

The under 23s and under 18s are missing from the left hand menu.

Does this point to a revamp of youth development?

No, it was edited out. Check the screenshots in this website https://store.footballmanager.com/eu/en/arsenal-edition You can see it's still there plus another icon, which I guess was supposed to be hidden.

28 минут назад, Amarante сказал:

Now the question that must be asked are inside forwards now finally more akin to strikers playing out wide(343,433) and inverted wingers are those that cut inside from a wider position. 

One of them is role like Pep use Sterling and Sane I guess.

It was big discuss about this in Feedback Thread and possibly this moved to wishlist too?

First photo I found in Google, position of Sane is what I talking about.

Its not just a classical FM Wingner, more modern role, special role.

Sterling-Bernardo-Sane-Silva.png

18 минут назад, orlyzao сказал:

No, it was edited out. Check the screenshots in this website https://store.footballmanager.com/eu/en/arsenal-edition You can see it's still there plus another icon, which I guess was supposed to be hidden.

So sad :(

I wish for new version of newgens where you can play in realistic database in 2030, 2050 or 2080 year even. For now newgens unbalanced by random.
And possible changes in U18 and U23 could mean more influence of staff and DoF including... *Sound of broken FM dreams*

OK, but next question - what a reason to edit and hide these icons? :D Totally confusing

5 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

It was big discuss about this in Feedback Thread and possibly this moved to wishlist too?

thats what  i thought as well start out wide then cut inside at the last moment into the box. 

34 минуты назад, ClemB сказал:

Oh no purple theme is back :(

Well check colours of kit in wallpaper of FM20 ;) Already then it was clear.
Also Miles said in last year before SI chooce purple colour it was professional research of designers or something like this. In this way no reason to change colour every year :)  

Btw personally I enjoy purple skin, first official skin where I stopped to download other from workshop/fmscout. Really like this :thup:

1 hour ago, TQ13PS said:

Its a weird coincidence that Pro Evo 2020 and FM2020 have both gone with the purple theme.  What's the fascination with purple this year ?

Its the colors of all colors i tell you. purple is my fav color so i don't mind. 

10 часов назад, Amarante сказал:

Its the colors of all colors i tell you. purple is my fav color so i don't mind. 

I like a phrase from Guy Ritchie's Revolver about purple. Something like

Great color is purple.  Gently sandwiched in the color spectrum between blue and white.  He brings a win. :thup:

16 hours ago, Novem9 said:

Sterling-Bernardo-Sane-Silva.png

If we have some Pep philosophy style of play into the game, then SI must include something like this in tactical creation. Horizontal and vertical lines - space. I have talked before about this, it will give a more freedom of how we like to play our teams; rather than playing with player roles.

pep.jpg