Join the Football Manager 2019 Public Beta today!

• Administrators

Okay, so due to issues found in relation to performance and lagging issues, we've updated the Mac version of the Public Beta to 19.2.3. The PC version will remain at 19.2.2 for the time-being. 

19.2.3 Changelist (Mac Only)
- Fixes for performance/lagging issues on some Mac setups.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Okay, so due to issues found in relation to performance and lagging issues, we've updated the Mac version of the Public Beta to 19.2.3. The PC version will remain at 19.2.2 for the time-being. 

19.2.3 Changelist (Mac Only)
- Fixes for performance/lagging issues on some Mac setups.

will 19.2.3 follow soon for PC?

• Administrators
38 minutes ago, ChelseaSince86 said:

will 19.2.3 follow soon for PC?

When we're able to yes we will also update PC. Just wanted to get this update out as it was affecting some Mac users. 

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, zlatanera said:

If I'm on the public beta (Mac user, so its suddenly gotten great appeal to me) can I still play online with my friends who aren't on it?

The guy who hosts the game isn't on it, if that affects things.

Everyone would need to be on the same version we're afraid. We are hopeful of updating the PC private beta soon as well and then as soon as we're sure the fix is working we'll likely roll the update out to the full retail version as well. 

• Administrators

Okay we've updated the public beta again across both PC and Mac. Details below:

19.2.3 Public Beta Changelist
- Fix for performance/lagging issues on Mac
- Fix for purple ball incorrectly appearing in certain competitions

2 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Okay we've updated the public beta again across both PC and Mac. Details below:

19.2.3 Public Beta Changelist
- Fix for performance/lagging issues on Mac
- Fix for purple ball incorrectly appearing in certain competitions

Thats a big one. 165MB for two fixes damn. 

Not sure if the placebo effect or that the patch really improved the resources usage in Mac but before as soon as I started playing in my MacBook Pro the fan was so noisy, couldn’t stand it on my knees because the heat and if in baterry I could see it’s % counting down very fast.

Now it happens if I leave the Mac in the starting screen (I think the 3D avatar causes it) but as soon as I load the saved game I can play without the fan making any noise and the battery lasts much more.

Whatever you did, great job!!

15 hours ago, Amarante said:

Thats a big one. 165MB for two fixes damn. 

I just recieved a 12gb update for a game thats a total of 16gb because they fixed the lag with loading screens.

It's not about the amount of fixes, it's about what files they effect.

• 2 weeks later...

No PB Update since 2 Weeks . I'm getting kinda worried. Fact is , the Match Engine needs a Big Update.  I hope smth is coming out soon. I haven't touched the FM since almost 2 Months now . A new ME Update would give me (and i bet many others) the motivation to play the Game.

23 hours ago, haffaz77 said:

No PB Update since 2 Weeks . I'm getting kinda worried. Fact is , the Match Engine needs a Big Update.  I hope smth is coming out soon. I haven't touched the FM since almost 2 Months now . A new ME Update would give me (and i bet many others) the motivation to play the Game.

A lack of update doesn't mean a lack of work. Given that it's the middle of feb, with at least a few transfer windows open till the 27th feb, a little more patience will be needed before expecting to see any updates just yet, beta or otherwise.

RE: other posts after this (that have since been removed) please desist in the back and forth digging at each other

EDI: @haffaz77 your prayers have been answered

• Administrators

We appreciate your patience in regards to public beta updates. As the 19.3.0 update is a significant one, there needed to be a lot of internal testing before it was viable for release. We're happy to announce we've been able to do this now.

A note to say the updated 19.3.0 has not been included at this stage - simply because we're still working on it and it's currently not ready for public eyes. A list of some of the more notable changes can be found via the changelist below. 

19.3.0 Public Beta Changelist (No new database has been included at this stage)

- Stability Fixes
- Fixed rare issue where some promises would incorrectly complete or cancel immediately after being made
- Tweaks in regards to travelling with regards to training schedules
- Fixed cases of certain facilities or youth levels not upgrading correctly
- Toned down the extent to which players pick up traits from methods outside of Mentoring
- Tweaks to AI injury numbers
- Tweaks to training ratings
- Fixed case of FFP failure being reported incorrectly
- Continue Game Timeout fixes
- Various UI fixes

- Various competition and rule group fixes including (but not limited to):
- French Ligue 1 prize money corrected 
- English FA Cup 5th round replays scrapped from first season (18/19) 
- Belgium Home grown issues addressed 
- VAR changes for European competitions
- U23 only rule applied to Dutch Jong teams
- Danish leagues' substitutes rule corrected to "7 subs named, maximum 3 used" 
- Can now play players registered for Portuguese senior teams in B Team 2nd tier games 
- Italian title and relegation decider games being played simultaneously 
- Italian Serie B expanded to 20 teams from 19/20 season 
- Licensed Northern Ireland PIL fixtures corrected 
- Greek National B Division Maximum foreign player rules corrected 

- Various Match Engine (version 1926) tweaks including (but not limited to):

- Fixed bug with keeper reach on some high shots 
- Improved keeper reactions to free kick and penalty shots 
- Fixed bug where team line up with offside line at long throws 
- Fixed rare instances of keepers picking up backpasses or not reacting to them
- Fixed keeper controlling ball then never moving to pick it up or kick it 
- Removed a restriction on striker and creative attackers offering out ball 
- Removed forward runs under the bonnet tactical instruction from most striker roles 
- Fixed incorrect offside example 
- Fixed VAR not giving free kick 
- Fixed VAR issue where a foul isn't being ignored due to the goal being scored 
- Adjusted attacking player marking when preventing GK distribution at goal kicks 
- Adjusted marking of players coming short for throw-ins 
- Fixed instances of central midfielders bunching close to ball 
- Made players cross slightly earlier when possible 
- Slight encouragement to pass ball forward more when optimal 

As always please raise any bugs or issues from this version via our Public Beta Bugs forum which can be found here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/670-public-beta-forum/

Thanks. 

I don't know what bonnet means, but if strikers were running forward too much and too early, it could be the cause of the strikers being too static close to the defenders.

Removed forward runs under the bonnet tactical instruction from most striker roles 

4 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

I've scored a fair few screamers from midfield so far but I've only played 2 full games, 12 minutes into my 3rd & I'm 4-0 up with two 20 yard strikes from my CMs 

At what level are you playing and what are the stats? 

Hi, I've had to revert back to v19.2 as I use the editor a lot and every time I tried to log in there tonight there has been an error message. I can confirm I am constantly in editor (every day atm) and the issue only occurred after updating to the beta. Since uninstalling the beta things have been fine again (I did delete and reinstall the editor first but that didn't help). 

I really should have took a screen-shot, so apologies for not doing so, although I'm pretty sure the error message changed each time.  I remember folders such silibs being mentioned, the sitoolkit, the generic folder and logs/log_manager being mentioned. Hopefully that is of some help unless issues are to be expected with the beta version, this was my first time using a beta. 

On 09/11/2018 at 02:07, Neil Brock said:
On 09/11/2018 at 02:07, Neil Brock said:

Would be worth adding to your post in here ideally with all the relevant details and a save - https://community.sigames.com/topic/448268-iceland-official-league-specific-issues/

I just hope that the people applying don't see it as a way to just preview features and put the work in to actually make this worthwhile.  I guess it's a bit different given presumably you'll have to have already got the game, but still.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb dangngo6:

why i get crash dump every time i log in the game under beta public test? Normal game have no problem, but when i change to public beta its crash and cant log in

Probably if you're using a custom Skin ?  I run the Public Beta with the Andromeda Final Skin , and i've got no issues . 

Btw. I like it a lot so far.  In my Opinion , still waaaay too many Goals from outside the box . but the rest is a big step forward imo :brock:

At a quick glance, goalkeepers seem a bit OP from a  look at match stats from other games. I don't know if this means that long shot goals or freekicks goals are reduced too much now. Still have to check some more. 

17 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

A note to say the updated 19.3.0 has not been included at this stage - simply because we're still working on it and it's currently not ready for public eyes. A list of some of the more notable changes can be found via the changelist below. 

Sorry.. what does this exactly mean? Does it mean that 19.3 hasn't been officially released, but SI have released a beta version of 19.3?

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Weller1980:

Sorry.. what does this exactly mean? Does it mean that 19.3 hasn't been officially released, but SI have released a beta version of 19.3?

I guess it means that its gonna be included when 19.3 gets officially released (non beta)

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

We've released a version of FM to the public beta which is 19.3.0. However the Winter Transfer Update (which will be database 19.3.0) is not included as it's not ready for testing yet. 

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, dangngo6 said:

why i get crash dump every time i log in the game under beta public test? Normal game have no problem, but when i change to public beta its crash and cant log in

Please raise your issue here so we can investigate - https://community.sigames.com/forum/671-crashes-and-technical-issues-public-beta/

45 minutes ago, andu1 said:

At a quick glance, goalkeepers seem a bit OP from a  look at match stats from other games. I don't know if this means that long shot goals or freekicks goals are reduced too much now. Still have to check some more. 

If you're seeing anything you're unsure about, please do create bug thread, even if you're not sure it's a bug. 

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Had_Enough said:

Hi, I've had to revert back to v19.2 as I use the editor a lot and every time I tried to log in there tonight there has been an error message. I can confirm I am constantly in editor (every day atm) and the issue only occurred after updating to the beta. Since uninstalling the beta things have been fine again (I did delete and reinstall the editor first but that didn't help). 

I really should have took a screen-shot, so apologies for not doing so, although I'm pretty sure the error message changed each time.  I remember folders such silibs being mentioned, the sitoolkit, the generic folder and logs/log_manager being mentioned. Hopefully that is of some help unless issues are to be expected with the beta version, this was my first time using a beta. 

Sorry just to clarify on this one - when you're on 19.3.0 (via the public beta) the Editor no longer loads? 

I think this may be by design due to the editor not being updated to the same version, but just want to clarify and investigate accordingly. Thanks. 

• Administrators
16 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Very nice, cheers @Neil Brock - will the competition/rule fixes require a new save to work?

In nearly all instances yes - but would only suggest starting a new save for 'testing'. If you actually want to start a new game to play long-term it may be worth waiting until we put the 19.3.0 database out as well. 

12 hours ago, Amarante said:

At what level are you playing and what are the stats? 

Bundesliga, Bayern Munich, scored 4 of my 7 goals in 3 games from just outside the area. It just struck me a little as a CM who'd scored twice in 2 seasons got 3 in 2 games. I'll get some game time over the weekend so I'll keep it monitored  

There must be a problem with the solution.  2560 1440 I always had 144 fps in fm 2018 and fm 2019. Since BEtaupdate 19-3-0 I have between 150 and 200 fps---- the result is a terrible lag. I did not change something in the NVIDIA options and I have my drivers updated... ( I use a 1080 ti so lagg is a joke for fm....)

24 minutes ago, Carsten75 said:

There must be a problem with the solution.  2560 1440 I always had 144 fps in fm 2018 and fm 2019. Since BEtaupdate 19-3-0 I have between 150 and 200 fps---- the result is a terrible lag. I did not change something in the NVIDIA options and I have my drivers updated... ( I use a 1080 ti so lagg is a joke for fm....)

Try forcing V-sync to be ON in the 3D-settings in the Nvidia Control Panel. And maybe also G-sync in one of the other menus. 

vor 22 Minuten schrieb Liquid Cool:

Try forcing V-sync to be ON in the 3D-settings in the Nvidia Control Panel. And maybe also G-sync in one of the other menus. 

Thank you very much. The change from Vsync fast to on solved that problem.  In FM 2018 and 2019 ( before beta update 19-3-0)  I always used fast and Gsync off. I had permanent fluid 144 fps.  Maybe the Admins here will make an official announcement for all people which have more fps then 144? Would be nice. Thank you.

4 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Sorry just to clarify on this one - when you're on 19.3.0 (via the public beta) the Editor no longer loads? 

I think this may be by design due to the editor not being updated to the same version, but just want to clarify and investigate accordingly. Thanks. 

Yeah, exactly. The editor just remained blacked out. The error code was similar to what you'd expect if there was an error in coding (when skinning).

Thought that might be a possibility. Thanks

5 hours ago, Weller1980 said:

Not had a chance try the new beta yet.... does anyone have any feedback on central play and attacking movement in the final 1/3

I can only report on 2 things: the F9 role has clearly been adjusted and the difference is visible. He comes deeper more often, even when he was first advanced in the final third, I really like it. The other thing that I noticed is that my inverted winger on attack is much more aggressive with his starting positioning, he acts as a real goalscoring threat. (previously I thought he was too deep, and left my lone striker isolated)

9 hours ago, themadsheep2001 said:

If you're seeing anything you're unsure about, please do create bug thread, even if you're not sure it's a bug. 

thanks, i have created a thread on the public beta bugs forum. in my save I noticed a high decrease in number of goals scored by big teams. I am curios as to what is happening in other peoples saves.

ME1926 still doesn’t produce nowhere near enough through balls resulting in assists, predictable most assists are from set pieces or crosses. I have only played a handful of games but watched quite a few ai vs ai games and my first impression is that there isn’t a notcibale change. I’ll continue to play some more and provide some feedback in the ME beta forum.

First impressions are that general play seems a little more creative but shooting accuracy and goalscoring have dropped by around half. Variety of goals remains a massive issue; still massively, massively skewed towards set pieces and long shots.

Early days but a little concerned that the improvement, although noticeable,  is pretty minimal.

6 minutes ago, fidelitywars said:

First impressions are that general play seems a little more creative but shooting accuracy and goalscoring have dropped by around half. Variety of goals remains a massive issue; still massively, massively skewed towards set pieces and long shots.

Early days but a little concerned that the improvement, although noticeable,  is pretty minimal.

I think it's very safe to say that goalscoring has not dropped by half.

Archived