Join the Football Manager 2019 Public Beta today!

57 minutes ago, Amarante said:

I for one have decided it makes no sense crying over spilled milk and will help SI within the constraints that they have to fix what we can. 

Are you coding the game? Because the only way I can think of helping them is "crying over spilled milk". That's why they seem to have improved the ME slightly. With everyone's experience and feedback (well at least the ones who spend time here). That's not a Dark Souls type of game where you have to stick to the rules the creators have established and work around it. I think this is a football managing simulator, and people are complaining that a very important part of the simulation (at least for them) has some serious issues.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Nil14 said:

Are you coding the game? Because the only way I can think of helping them is "crying over spilled milk". That's why they seem to have improved the ME slightly. With everyone's experience and feedback (well at least the ones who spend time here). That's not a Dark Souls type of game where you have to stick to the rules the creators have established and work around it. I think this is a football managing simulator, and people are complaining that a very important part of the simulation (at least for them) has some serious issues.

I am not coding the game but computer science is my field and people like to think that these things are done in a snap of a finger. a Dark Soul type game is chicken feed to create when compared to FM. Games, where the users have control, are always easier versus games where you have to give instructions and then the AI does everything else. AI Technology on a whole, especially in games, are still at a very infant stage as the game industry itself has not made great leaps in AI innovation. 

People have an unrealistic expectation of what the game is to deliver and they are setting themselves up for failure the minute they scale down those expectations then they will see the real truth. SI will try each year to get closer to how real football is played the fact is though, we will never get to that level. They ignore the good that has been done and focuses on the bad. 

People complain too much about what can\t fixed at this moment and instead of helping on what can be done. 

2 minutes ago, Amarante said:

People complain too much about what can\t fixed at this moment and instead of helping on what can be done. 

And I say complaining is the way of helping on what can be done, at this moment and in the future. As simple as that.

3 minutes ago, Amarante said:

They ignore the good that has been done and focuses on the bad. 

They paid the game because they know how good it can be. People focus on the bad hoping to make it better. I don't think SI need praise (they also get that here). Sale numbers are for that.

This thread isn't really for arguing amongst each other, or trying to persuade each other about your own opinions of the game, so please cut that out, mostly because SI aren't for looking for feedback on who can persuade who.

Everyone has different views and results of what will likely be one the final bunches of betas before 19.3. So it's your last chance to be documenting anything good or bad with your save, not anyone else's, before 19.3. There's not point debating old threads with each other,because this is ME1926, and detailed feedback on this latest release is why this public beta is here. 

These are your final chances to offer your feedback before a final update is dropped. I suggest you use it, given how often it's said on here how some would like closer communication and workings with SI, it feels like some aren't grasping this last opportunity 

I am using this thread to make SI aware of the lower amount of goals that top players are scoring. I am not interested in attacking SI or bickering on the forums. I hope at least some of the finishing is improved at the last minute.

1 minute ago, andu1 said:

I am using this thread to make SI aware of the lower amount of goals that top players are scoring. I am not interested in attacking SI or bickering on the forums. I hope at least some of the finishing is improved at the last minute.

Lodge a bug report. And upload your save. Also what are the goals scored for all other  top players, Check Cr7, Suarez etc etc and see how the goals are scored. 

If anyone is unaware of the impact good feedback can make, the changes to the "moves in channels" and the overall movement of the F9 came from backed up reports from myself @Rashidi and a handful of others across forums (all oddly separate but similarly) making cases for not just that it should be changed, but how, and that's helped shape some of the changes. 

They can't always make every change immediately, or necessarily agree with every change, but they do look at it all. 

My impressions of the latest beta update so far:

I like it. There's a notable improvement in the movement of the forwards, to the extent that it's now possible to play two up front again. I still don't see many "traditional" through passes from the centre to a forward, but I am seeing more passes between the centre back and full back to a winger. Crosses are still the easiest way to score, but no longer the only way. There's enough variety now to prevent a save from getting too stale. 

I've been keeping an eye on the AI's performances after reading concerns about low scoring and a lack of goal variety. So far, after playing about 20 games on the new patch, I can report that scoring hasn't gotten too low. I just saw Arsenal beat City 5-0 in the Champions League (during the 2022/23 season) without scoring a single goal from a cross. One came from their striker threading a ball through to an AM, one was a full back driving forward and slipping the ball between City's CB and LB to a RW, and another was a solo run. 

What is a bit disappointing is that wide players struggle to hit big scoring numbers. When I look around the big leagues, the scoring charts are dominated by strikers and the odd AM, but there're barely any inside forwards. Salah, for example, has posted very low numbers since the start of my save. In my experience, this has made playing 433 or 4231 with inside forwards a lot less viable than in previous editions. I'm not sure why this is the case.

I'm about to enter another transfer window and I'm seeing some worrying rumours about big clubs signing players they don't need. I'll report back if I see any extreme movement.

• Administrators

Again this isn't really the thread to raise any issues or concerns, but do appreciate people taking the time to comment. Please instead do so via the relevant sections of the public beta forum here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/670-public-beta-forum/

Anything for the match engine would need ideally PKM examples in order to our match team to investigate further. Thanks. 

Just like the real life game it's great that people have such varied opinions but people can't even decide who the best team to watch is for example; I absolutely loved watching Pep's Barcelona, as did many, but for others it was boring, procedural and not entertaining? Mourinho's Chelsea/Benitez's Liverpool were very successful, but I'd much prefer to watch Fergie's United/Klopp's Liverpool/Wengers Invincibles - if people can't even agree on the real thing (and I'm grateful they can't as variety is king!) then we're never going to reach consensus regarding a simulated version of the ME and lord knows, people have been trying on these forums for years and years!

I don't for one minute think that the 19.3.0 ME is perfect, nor do I think it's the best version I've ever played, but right now I'd take it any day of the week over any of the previous entries for 19. There are definitely still flaws and I'm very conscious that Just because I'm personally not seeing something doesn't mean it's not a problem, but please do take the time to provide constructive examples/stats of what's lacking/not working because it's the best way of getting a better ME for all of us - you don't complain about a dish in a restaurant and keep it in front of you whilst the waiter/ress goes back to the chef empty handed, they take it with them as tangible evidence to assess if you're correct or just trying to get out of paying the bill!

Without trying to preach or sound like a Dad/condescending, perception is a powerful influence on our opinion when we play any game so doing a little digging can either support or debunk your theory which makes a more compelling argument for any - not just SI - dev team to make a change or not; I'm far from immune - I was complaining just yesterday about the changes in 19.3 to goalkeeper penalty reactions being improved because my perception from the previous patch is that "I never score penalties" so why on earth make them harder? Seems it's something that is patently not true;

image.thumb.png.94423929c4ecc79eb5e15ea3665b694e.png

*Naturally then my opinion changes to "Oh, I must just miss a lot of them then" buuuut not really;

EPL

image.thumb.png.aacd8992a8370083e16c78c07e432334.png

ECL

image.thumb.png.645f917b66c00f78872f3ad1bd3ce97e.png

FA Cup

image.thumb.png.6c68377e67c92b26d393ac18b30066fb.png

Haven't had any in the Carabao (it's a conspiracy!!), but having taken 7 I've only actually missed 2 (all in 19.3.0) which when I look at my teams penalty taking stats isn't all that surprising (that's even without factoring in composure/pressure etc); 

image.png.643877c2d37fc5fbd32f55b8fc94393a.png

*I cannot for the life of me figure out why the stats - set to 'all comps including friendlies' and last 50 games - only show 4 penalties scored when the comp stats show differently (5), has made me question the accuracy and legitimacy of the stats page now sadly, was finding it pretty useful prior for ME analysis

The 'easy comeback' here is that I'm saying any criticism/perception is false which is absolutely not the case and clearly isn't true; I'm far too long in the tooth to care about taking sides/defending a cause or any of that, I just want the game to be the best it can be and get on with playing rather than talking about it - I have criticisms (some of which i'll get to in a minute, many others I've brought up elsewhere), my point is that suggestions like the game is lacking goals/variety may be totally accurate but is unfortunately a little weak with just written word... I totally believe you/you're seeing it - why on earth would anyone spend their time to complain about something on a forum otherwise - and enough of you have spoken up that it's made me take an extra look, but it doesn't appear to be that big an issue in my game, with the goals coming from all areas/players, the number of CCC's trending up (which might also be a result of my team ability getting better) and the goal locations, assist types and assist locations all being suitably varied. I'm not saying any of this to sniff brown/be a contrarian, just channelling my inner Roy Walker and saying what I see - what my stats do suggest is there's a huge bias towards 'placed shots' which might suggest an avenue of investigation (no, my strikers/players don't have the 'places shots' trait), but it appears the same was also true prior to the new beta if looking at stats alone.

Player wise the goals and assists are spread around much as i'd expect them too (although if anyone knows how to make a winger pass to the open striker when at an acute angle inside the box please let me know - the AI can do it flawlessly but i must have the most selfish a.holes in the world!), with my wingers contributing the bulk of the assists and strikers/attacking mids getting the bulk of the goals - as you can see, the assist types are pretty varied too (actual totals don't sum as players stats are for whole season, other stats are taken from last 35 games i've been using 19.3.0);

ML (Apps/Gls/Ast):

image.thumb.png.e8781b583ffdf244aeb5b2f09272de78.png

image.thumb.png.b024a1630eb08bc2423720b9d2d3c859.png

MR:

image.thumb.png.4390d616725219e07fc4ac82ca49ac06.png

image.thumb.png.ffa76d9d0d0140007e06294af4775b89.png

MC/DM:

image.thumb.png.7435654b1a59ac4f2c74313bff43e991.png

image.thumb.png.f3f0497d8c7e1c1308fd5cff2036f6ec.png

AMCL (correlates well with the goal locations below, and suggests maybe still too many long range goals):

image.thumb.png.d9c9e737e1deed8e32f1b125647e0946.png

AMCR:

image.thumb.png.f0c89c8528de6f30eba9966a55ac9b83.png

STC:

image.thumb.png.7f7cb8d5e050cc047a23b18fbbbb0d23.png

image.thumb.png.c131afb81ec42780d68ff2ea64766cd6.png

I primarily attack with a 4-3-2-1 with emphasis on high tempo passing and through balls and - whilst still maybe not as fluid as say 17's final ME - in 19.3 it's working better (still too early to say/quantify exactly how much) than in the previous few patches, with players repeatedly passing/shooting/crossing into defenders less, players happy to pass backwards when there's nothing on and more importantly not taking too many touches around the box, with some neat 1-touch football finally being possible in 19.

image.thumb.png.6eb7eb45d631b9f1f212d434d50fa695.png

As mentioned, it still isn't perfect - I still see players trying to dribble through a whole cluster of defenders when an easy pass is on, players (primarily wide) shooting from stupid angles with another pass on (shoot less often is set but so is take more risks so might be to blame?) or team mate better positioned, crossing set to preferred low crosses yet players seem to continually cross in the air (noticeably a lot more variance in crosses in the new patch), goalkeepers seem to block an awful lot of shots now, luckily they don't hold a lot of them so rebounds are possible which saves some of the frustration.

With a game with so many variables, there are bound to be so many things that only crop up with certain combinations - the more we can articulate/show both what works, what doesn't and more importantly the situations in which those arise, the better chance we have of getting an ME the majority are happy with. It's a real tough nut to crack because the SI guys and gals have to sift through feedback and assess what's as a result of poor users, what's as a result of poor tactics, and what's as a result of all the bits in-between - if they've chosen to release something then it stands to reason that they've seen enough positive results from testing so we need to respond with something tangible in order for things to be considered for change rather than simply dismissed as opinion.

Bizarre 'worrying' quirk from looking at my stats is the 'goals within own half' figure - i don't recall seeing a single 'Beckham' yet the stats suggest otherwise (first pic);

image.thumb.png.804247d4024df3f5bd55438140c9fe16.png 

image.thumb.png.ba9cae2dd839fd6e7a5f5a3265efbeb9.png

5 hours ago, optimusprimal82 said:

Just like the real life game it's great that people have such varied opinions but people can't even decide who the best team to watch is for example; I absolutely loved watching Pep's Barcelona, as did many, but for others it was boring, procedural and not entertaining? Mourinho's Chelsea/Benitez's Liverpool were very successful, but I'd much prefer to watch Fergie's United/Klopp's Liverpool/Wengers Invincibles - if people can't even agree on the real thing (and I'm grateful they can't as variety is king!) then we're never going to reach consensus regarding a simulated version of the ME and lord knows, people have been trying on these forums for years and years!

I don't for one minute think that the 19.3.0 ME is perfect, nor do I think it's the best version I've ever played, but right now I'd take it any day of the week over any of the previous entries for 19. There are definitely still flaws and I'm very conscious that Just because I'm personally not seeing something doesn't mean it's not a problem, but please do take the time to provide constructive examples/stats of what's lacking/not working because it's the best way of getting a better ME for all of us - you don't complain about a dish in a restaurant and keep it in front of you whilst the waiter/ress goes back to the chef empty handed, they take it with them as tangible evidence to assess if you're correct or just trying to get out of paying the bill!

Without trying to preach or sound like a Dad/condescending, perception is a powerful influence on our opinion when we play any game so doing a little digging can either support or debunk your theory which makes a more compelling argument for any - not just SI - dev team to make a change or not; I'm far from immune - I was complaining just yesterday about the changes in 19.3 to goalkeeper penalty reactions being improved because my perception from the previous patch is that "I never score penalties" so why on earth make them harder? Seems it's something that is patently not true;

image.thumb.png.94423929c4ecc79eb5e15ea3665b694e.png

*Naturally then my opinion changes to "Oh, I must just miss a lot of them then" buuuut not really;

EPL

image.thumb.png.aacd8992a8370083e16c78c07e432334.png

ECL

image.thumb.png.645f917b66c00f78872f3ad1bd3ce97e.png

FA Cup

image.thumb.png.6c68377e67c92b26d393ac18b30066fb.png

Haven't had any in the Carabao (it's a conspiracy!!), but having taken 7 I've only actually missed 2 (all in 19.3.0) which when I look at my teams penalty taking stats isn't all that surprising (that's even without factoring in composure/pressure etc); 

image.png.643877c2d37fc5fbd32f55b8fc94393a.png

*I cannot for the life of me figure out why the stats - set to 'all comps including friendlies' and last 50 games - only show 4 penalties scored when the comp stats show differently (5), has made me question the accuracy and legitimacy of the stats page now sadly, was finding it pretty useful prior for ME analysis

The 'easy comeback' here is that I'm saying any criticism/perception is false which is absolutely not the case and clearly isn't true; I'm far too long in the tooth to care about taking sides/defending a cause or any of that, I just want the game to be the best it can be and get on with playing rather than talking about it - I have criticisms (some of which i'll get to in a minute, many others I've brought up elsewhere), my point is that suggestions like the game is lacking goals/variety may be totally accurate but is unfortunately a little weak with just written word... I totally believe you/you're seeing it - why on earth would anyone spend their time to complain about something on a forum otherwise - and enough of you have spoken up that it's made me take an extra look, but it doesn't appear to be that big an issue in my game, with the goals coming from all areas/players, the number of CCC's trending up (which might also be a result of my team ability getting better) and the goal locations, assist types and assist locations all being suitably varied. I'm not saying any of this to sniff brown/be a contrarian, just channelling my inner Roy Walker and saying what I see - what my stats do suggest is there's a huge bias towards 'placed shots' which might suggest an avenue of investigation (no, my strikers/players don't have the 'places shots' trait), but it appears the same was also true prior to the new beta if looking at stats alone.

Player wise the goals and assists are spread around much as i'd expect them too (although if anyone knows how to make a winger pass to the open striker when at an acute angle inside the box please let me know - the AI can do it flawlessly but i must have the most selfish a.holes in the world!), with my wingers contributing the bulk of the assists and strikers/attacking mids getting the bulk of the goals - as you can see, the assist types are pretty varied too (actual totals don't sum as players stats are for whole season, other stats are taken from last 35 games i've been using 19.3.0);

ML (Apps/Gls/Ast):

image.thumb.png.e8781b583ffdf244aeb5b2f09272de78.png

image.thumb.png.b024a1630eb08bc2423720b9d2d3c859.png

MR:

image.thumb.png.4390d616725219e07fc4ac82ca49ac06.png

image.thumb.png.ffa76d9d0d0140007e06294af4775b89.png

MC/DM:

image.thumb.png.7435654b1a59ac4f2c74313bff43e991.png

image.thumb.png.f3f0497d8c7e1c1308fd5cff2036f6ec.png

AMCL (correlates well with the goal locations below, and suggests maybe still too many long range goals):

image.thumb.png.d9c9e737e1deed8e32f1b125647e0946.png

AMCR:

image.thumb.png.f0c89c8528de6f30eba9966a55ac9b83.png

STC:

image.thumb.png.7f7cb8d5e050cc047a23b18fbbbb0d23.png

image.thumb.png.c131afb81ec42780d68ff2ea64766cd6.png

I primarily attack with a 4-3-2-1 with emphasis on high tempo passing and through balls and - whilst still maybe not as fluid as say 17's final ME - in 19.3 it's working better (still too early to say/quantify exactly how much) than in the previous few patches, with players repeatedly passing/shooting/crossing into defenders less, players happy to pass backwards when there's nothing on and more importantly not taking too many touches around the box, with some neat 1-touch football finally being possible in 19.

image.thumb.png.6eb7eb45d631b9f1f212d434d50fa695.png

As mentioned, it still isn't perfect - I still see players trying to dribble through a whole cluster of defenders when an easy pass is on, players (primarily wide) shooting from stupid angles with another pass on (shoot less often is set but so is take more risks so might be to blame?) or team mate better positioned, crossing set to preferred low crosses yet players seem to continually cross in the air (noticeably a lot more variance in crosses in the new patch), goalkeepers seem to block an awful lot of shots now, luckily they don't hold a lot of them so rebounds are possible which saves some of the frustration.

With a game with so many variables, there are bound to be so many things that only crop up with certain combinations - the more we can articulate/show both what works, what doesn't and more importantly the situations in which those arise, the better chance we have of getting an ME the majority are happy with. It's a real tough nut to crack because the SI guys and gals have to sift through feedback and assess what's as a result of poor users, what's as a result of poor tactics, and what's as a result of all the bits in-between - if they've chosen to release something then it stands to reason that they've seen enough positive results from testing so we need to respond with something tangible in order for things to be considered for change rather than simply dismissed as opinion.

Bizarre 'worrying' quirk from looking at my stats is the 'goals within own half' figure - i don't recall seeing a single 'Beckham' yet the stats suggest otherwise (first pic);

image.thumb.png.804247d4024df3f5bd55438140c9fe16.png 

image.thumb.png.ba9cae2dd839fd6e7a5f5a3265efbeb9.png

The 4-3-2-1 narrow tactic that you use is not used by many AI managers in game and i am not quite sure if any real life team use this tactic anymore. I remember Milan using it under Ancelotti, the famous Christmas tree.

The  current issues with ME 1926 is that AI teams who mostly use tactics which employ wingers like 4-2-3-1 , or 4-3-3 do not score as much as they should. Messi scoring just 2 goals in 22 games in a test save is such an example.

I am quite sure that AI will struggle massively to have Messi score more than 15 games per season in this ME.

19 minutes ago, andu1 said:

The 4-3-2-1 narrow tactic that you use is not used by many AI managers in game and i am not quite sure if any real life team use this tactic anymore. I remember Milan using it under Ancelotti, the famous Christmas tree

Bigger issue with such formations and diamonds is that AI can't cope with it well,  if its preffered formation doesn't include a DM. Such formations exploit defensive ME problems for example 4321 wide vs 4231 or 442. Another thing that should have been sorted out long ago. There's no formation that has so much advantage over other irl, prove is like you said, nobody plays 4321 wide anymore. Team can defend even in 442 against any formation. 

Have to say it's

17 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Again this isn't really the thread to raise any issues or concerns, but do appreciate people taking the time to comment. Please instead do so via the relevant sections of the public beta forum here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/670-public-beta-forum/

Anything for the match engine would need ideally PKM examples in order to our match team to investigate further. Thanks. 

Find it so disappointing to see that despite the vocal opinions being displayed here, only one topic exists in the Beta match engine bug forum thus far....

I've posted my 2 cents over there and will follow it up with some PKM's and some data later, would be great if this leads to a tweak before the final patch is made public.

• Administrators

Just to say we've released an update for the 19.3.0 Public Beta. This was to address one issue in regards to a stability issue whereby the game had a very small chance of becoming trapped with a black screen. 

The 19.3.0 database is still not yet included. 

Public Beta 19.3.0 Updated Changelist
- Fix for black screen issue. 

Thanks. 

18 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Just to say we've released an update for the 19.3.0 Public Beta. This was to address one issue in regards to a stability issue whereby the game had a very small chance of becoming trapped with a black screen. 

Thanks. 

I was wondering what all that was about i thought it was my overclock on my graphics card but it was still doing it when i put it back to stock settings 

That was quite a big update 224 mb

6 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Thanks. 

The editor still dont work for me

I deleted it and install after and the black screen with the error is pop again 

5 hours ago, GOODNAME said:

They're aware and looking into it. I had the same problem.

It's possible that it just won't work considering the game's been updated but the editor doesn't tend to 'in beta' (that's what I was told, I think in this thread a page or so back). 

I reverted back to the previous version as the editor's more important to me personally atm. 

• Administrators
10 hours ago, GOODNAME said:

Yeah the editor hasn't been updated and won't be until the full release update. 

Playing with tight marking, hard tackling and heavy closing down appears to be longer viable. 10 Red Cards in 25 Games.

Previously this was possible on Balanced mentality and below, the higher mentalities have always had issues with this approach.

Now its a problem regardless of mentality.

Not a criticism, just an observation.

Removing hard tackling and tight marking didn't impact performance too much, extreme closing down still works well even without the other 2 instructions.

• Administrators

Just to clarify as well, there were a couple of ME changes we rolled out and we're now on 1927, details below:

Match v1927
- Fixed issue where player marking edge of area at set piece doesn't always engage ball player who receives it outside area
- Minor reduction in long shot accuracy

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

Minor reduction in long shot accuracy

Don't want to sound sarcastic but how is that going to help players like Messi or top clubs score more? Are there any plans to improve this problem since it massively affects games realism and challenge factor? 

1 hour ago, Mitja said:

Don't want to sound sarcastic but how is that going to help players like Messi or top clubs score more? Are there any plans to improve this problem since it massively affects games realism and challenge factor? 

You're making an assumption that one is linked to the other. Most likely these are two very separate things.

I'm making no assumptions I think it's a fair question to ask. Both things are fundamental for a game like FM. On the other hand if elite players don't score not even close enough as they should then its probably right to assume their clubs won't score too. Wide forwards not scoring is not a new thing, but instead of improvement we see something else.

Fair or not, the two are separate things. Tweaking long shot accuracy has to do with shots (and goals) from long range. It's been a complaint in GD so it should be welcomed rather than receiving a sarcastic reply.

10 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Fair or not, the two are separate things. Tweaking long shot accuracy has to do with shots (and goals) from long range. It's been a complaint in GD so it should be welcomed rather than receiving a sarcastic reply.

Indeed. It's dealing with an entirely separate issue. bizarre that it's being questioned on that front (still don't think it should have been decreased slightly mind think it's been overplayed in GD, and it's more a symptom than a cause)  

Not every update can address every single issue. It doesn't work that way. It's a case of working through issues and balancing them. 

So you're saying wide forwards not scoring enough doesn't affect their teams not scoring enough? Who's scoring goals for them then  centre backs? Or any of these things is not a problem, I really don't understand what you are trying to tell?

But why is that happening shouldn't be our concern. 

In my personal experience with previous ME, it's not a problem of accuracy of the long shots but rather players resorting too much to them when facing packed defensive systems, ignoring instructions (I've tried several tempos, mentalities...) instead of trying to find an off the ball movement from a teammate or recycling possession. I don't know how it works in the new beta, it would be nice to get some feedback from the people who are testing it.

1 minute ago, Mitja said:

So you're saying wide forwards not scoring enough doesn't affect their teams not scoring enough? Who's scoring goals for them then  centre backs? Or any of these things is not a problem, I really don't understand what you are trying to tell?

But why is that happening shouldn't be our concern. 

I'm honestly baffled as to what your point is here

There are slightly too many long shot goals. The last update was to address that. There may yet be more updates. 

It's got little to do with wide forwards. You're conflating the two. 

To be fair, it seems SI are tweaking the ME up until 19.3 release. I am positive their soak tests show what we pointed earlier and they will improve it some more.

I am curious to see what if the goal ratio is even lower in 1927 since long shots have been slightly nerfed.

4 minutes ago, Nil14 said:

In my personal experience with previous ME, it's not a problem of accuracy of the long shots but rather players resorting too much to them when facing packed defensive systems, ignoring instructions (I've tried several tempos, mentalities...) instead of trying to find an off the ball movement from a teammate or recycling possession. I don't know how it works in the new beta, it would be nice to get some feedback from the people who are testing it.

This was my view too. It's better in the beta, but can be improved further. 

37 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

still don't think it should have been decreased slightly mind think it's been overplayed in GD, and it's more a symptom than a cause

Quite right. Lack of forwards finding space and/or passes played to or (through to) them. Still, I assume SI saw something in their analysis of it that made them tweak it.

58 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

I'm honestly baffled as to what your point is here

There are slightly too many long shot goals. The last update was to address that. There may yet be more updates. 

It's got little to do with wide forwards. You're conflating the two. 

Wide forwards are not taking long shots or what? If their accuracy was reduced a little and no further improvements are gonna be made to make them score more, then there are going to be Messis scoring a couple of goals per season?

52 minutes ago, Mitja said:

Wide forwards are not taking long shots or what? If their accuracy was reduced a little and no further improvements are gonna be made to make them score more, then there are going to be Messis scoring a couple of goals per season?

There more players than just Messi in this game, you know?

It's always diificult to get the numbers right for players like Messi and Ronaldo..and not totally f*ck up the numbers for eery other player!

• Administrators

We've rolled out another update, this time to mainly address some stability issues, but there are smaller additional fixes. 

19.3.0 Public Beta Changelist
- Addressed some stability based issues. 

Gerade eben schrieb borusen:

??

New Database = When 19.3 comes out OFFICIALLY = NO BETA

I hope you guys are still working on the ME . These blocked crosses are terrible to say the least. Billions of Corners and blocked shots and crosses . Painful and terrible to watch ;(

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, haffaz77 said:

New Database = When 19.3 comes out OFFICIALLY = NO BETA

I hope you guys are still working on the ME . These blocked crosses are terrible to say the least. Billions of Corners and blocked shots and crosses . Painful and terrible to watch ;(

This is the kind of stuff where examples, pkms and figures in the public beta bugs forum would really help. Saying there's "billions of corners and blocked shots/crosses" isn't very helpful I'm afraid. 

7 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

This is the kind of stuff where examples, pkms and figures in the public beta bugs forum would really help. Saying there's "billions of corners and blocked shots/crosses" isn't very helpful I'm afraid. 

Plenty examples and pkms here:

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Mitja said:

Plenty examples and pkms here:

Any raised examples the match team will look at, I was just making the point that we need evidence in order to be able to investigate issues in more depth. 

Whilst I understand you're trying to help, ideally when we try to explain to someone how feedback and raising issues via the public beta works, it'd be useful if you didn't use it as an opportunity to point at issues already raised elsewhere, even if the issue is linked. Thanks. 

As i suspected, the number of goals in ME1927 is in the same low figures if not even lower than 1926. Worth mentioning that title winner Man City scored only 66 goals MUCH lower than the 74 in 27 games IRL. Now i am not expecting the figures to be exactly like Real life but somewhat close. For now they are a bit too far away im afraid. Of course similar tests could show different results but i don't think the margin of error can be higher that 15-20% in terms of goals scored.

image.thumb.png.c3fb556f6101fd374bfaf07dfa36789e.png

Archived