Join the Football Manager 2019 Public Beta today!

Le 06/11/2018 à 00:54, Snorks a dit :

A real dumb question here, but as I get the full-fat game for my birthday every year in December I can't buy it beforehand iTunes Mobdro TutuApp I assume the 'Public Beta' is only for those who already bought the full game? Or am I misreading the 'Public' bit and getting excited unnecessarily ?

(I would think it is the latter, this was the week I was going to download the Demo)

Could I suggest that you also consider providing at least a limited changelist of any commonly reported issues that have been fixed/adjusted/tweaked, so people could more easily try and check whether they're working as intended or not?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, bleventozturk said:

Hi Neil, this thread has been dead for a while now. Are you planning to release a new test version any time soon? Thanks.

It's been dead because it's been the Christmas week. I imagine they're all having time off to be with their families, and will be back in work after the new year.

On January 7, 2019 at 09:45, Tony Wright 747 said:

The longer they leave it the better IMO as it gives them longer for more things to be fixed

Or it may mean that some things are not fixable. At least not for this edition, maybe fixable in the next one. Like it took awhile for the HB role to work properly in flat back 4.

Still nothing here? Is there some testing going on in house at least before the latest ME is released here for public testing, or is there any intention/possibility to call 19.2.1 the final version for FM 19? I really hope not, because all it needs is some minor tweak on the known issues to make it the best ME up to date. It is already a very good ME, but IMO without tweaking the current issues it will be borderline broken. You watch 2-3 matches, it looks just great. I had a blast watching my first 5-10 matches with the latest ME. However, when you watch 50, it gets boring because majority of goals are the same. My excitement completely died after playing (and enjoying) 1 season, because it became so predictable. Most goals (also AI vs. AI) look the same, regardless of quality of players. If at least the AI can be taught to step up to stop those wide open long shots from just outside the box, that will not only keep the amount of goals from long shots at a more reasonable number, but probably provide the midfielder with an option to play a pass to the now slightly less marked striker.

Personally I expect at least an attempt to improve the current ME in that direction, before moving on to FM 20. Keeping fingers crossed.

On 12/01/2019 at 16:23, samelders86 said:

You guys keep talking about small ME tweaks while the Dutch play-offs system is still completely broken and the youth teams of Ajax and PSV are winning a promotion to the premier division😂😂

With all due respect, in my FC Eindhoven save  everything was correct. I won promotion in the first season through playoffs and neither Ajax nor PSV jouth team (or any other) qualified for participation in the playoffs. 

Keuken 2018-2019.jpg

В 12.01.2019 в 18:23, samelders86 сказал:

You guys keep talking about small ME tweaks while the Dutch play-offs system is still completely broken and the youth teams of Ajax and PSV are winning a promotion to the premier division😂😂

1 час назад, skam сказал:

With all due respect, in my FC Eindhoven save  everything was correct. I won promotion in the first season through playoffs and neither Ajax nor PSV jouth team (or any other) qualified for participation in the playoffs. 

Looks like 'broken' version is old db save only...

On 12/01/2019 at 16:23, samelders86 said:

I don't recognise this issue. Only oddity is that amateur teams seem to be able to win promotion to the second league. So now I'm getting teams like Rijnburgse Boys in the second league lol.

1 hour ago, Novem9 said:

Looks like 'broken' version is old db save only...

Dunno. If by "old db" you mean the very first one, then I confess that I play this save from the beta, so I doubt there is any older db...

• Administrators
On 12/01/2019 at 15:23, samelders86 said:

Yeah only in a very specific set of circumstances can this happen so it's actually fairly rare. It's something we're aware of and are investigating. 

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Vali184 said:

https://steamdb.info/app/872790/depots/

you can all see here that they are testing things everyday.

Yeah we're always working on the game - it's just making sure it's in a position to be released, even for those who are testing. Last thing we'd want to do is put something unstable out on the public beta and affect people's saves in a negative way. 

17 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Yeah we're always working on the game - it's just making sure it's in a position to be released, even for those who are testing. Last thing we'd want to do is put something unstable out on the public beta and affect people's saves in a negative way. 

Cheeky question... Any ME tweaks in these updates?

41 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

Well you don’t ask you don’t get. I don’t see any harm in asking a question everyone is thinking. Communication and discussion is normally conducive to a good relationship.

You’ll get it when it’s ready whether you ask or not though?

27 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

You’ll get it when it’s ready whether you ask or not though?

The time frame isn’t a problem, I can wait, infact I don’t mind if I have to wait until fm20 is released. And I agree with you it’s ready when it’s ready, however not knowing what’s being worked on and a very rough delivery date is a little frustrating. Is it worth the wait... or should I just get on and revert back to FM18. Will I have to wait 1 to 2 months or 10 months. I know SI are trying their best and don’t want to disappoint fans with false promises therefore it’s sometimes difficult  to be forthcoming with info, but some form of communication would be greatly appreciated by many fans.

For me persoanally and I hate saying this if FM19 doesn’t receive significant ME improvements in the final patch I won’t be playing fm19 ever again, I’ll simply either play other games or revert back to FM18. 

• Administrators
14 hours ago, andu1 said:

To be fair we know the last update is released at the beginning of March. The question is whether there will be a public beta available to test the upcoming update.

The plan is to update the public beta at some point, we just don't currently have a definitive schedule of when we'll be able to do so. Hopefully it'll be relatively soon as the sooner we have more eyes looking at things the better it is for everyone. 

But as said above, it's a process we have to be careful with. 

5 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

The plan is to update the public beta at some point, we just don't currently have a definitive schedule of when we'll be able to do so. Hopefully it'll be relatively soon as the sooner we have more eyes looking at things the better it is for everyone. 

It is great to get a response from you about the progress. Much appreciated. As a customer that's all I want to see. 

6 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Will any public beta release include winter database updates or is the purpose of the beta purely for testing coding updates?

Thanks!

• Administrators
Just now, fidelitywars said:

Will any public beta release include winter database updates or is the purpose of the beta purely for testing coding updates?

Thanks!

Hopefully we'll be able to, again it's dependent on a number of different factors and a bit too early to say for certain. 

On 17/01/2019 at 16:28, Neil Brock said:

Hopefully we'll be able to, again it's dependent on a number of different factors and a bit too early to say for certain. 

Hey, no worries if it's something you can't talk about but I was wondering if there was consideration of the new "Europa League 2" tournament being included either in the next patch or beta update, or whether that's something which will be left for future releases? I was thinking of starting a save with a team from one of Europe's smallest leagues but this is something that would convince me to wait if it's in the pipeline. Thank you!

• Administrators

Minor update incoming for the Public Beta version. Whilst we'd like to have included more (and are certainly working on more) at this stage we're only able to include the following:

19.2.2 Changelist for Public Beta
- Fixed issue whereby game could have stability issues in hotseat/multiple user manager saves
- Addressed problem related to minimum wages in French leagues being too high (requires new save)

We will look to update again at some point and potentially include match engine changes, but as said above we'd only do so if we feel like the changes are an improvement on what we have now.

Thanks. 

Stopped after that one game so tough to say regarding processing between matches.

Reckon it's the whole game though. Just leaving it on the start screen (before loading a game) slows my whole computer, even if I close every other application. Again not something I've seen before in FM19.

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, g7day said:

Stopped after that one game so tough to say regarding processing between matches.

Reckon it's the whole game though. Just leaving it on the start screen (before loading a game) slows my whole computer, even if I close every other application. Again not something I've seen before in FM19.

Sometimes after an update anti-virus programs can interfere with the installation - we'd suggest reading and following everything here to see if it helps - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2019/183_technical-support/186_pc/the-game-appears-slow-when-i’m-clicking-between-screens-r691/

2 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Sometimes after an update anti-virus programs can interfere with the installation - we'd suggest reading and following everything here to see if it helps - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2019/183_technical-support/186_pc/the-game-appears-slow-when-i’m-clicking-between-screens-r691/

No dice unfortunately. I'm on a Mac, if that makes a difference.

• Administrators
12 hours ago, g7day said:

No dice unfortunately. I'm on a Mac, if that makes a difference.

Odd that it would happen on a Mac. Have you tried deleting your cache and preferences then reverifying the game files? Details below:

Cache and Preferences - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2019/180_how-to/182_mac/how-to-delete-my-preferences-andor-caches-folder-r640/
Reverify Files - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2019/180_how-to/182_mac/how-to-verify-the-integrity-of-the-games-files-r624/

hace 19 horas, g7day dijo:

For me in MacBook Pro I have a huge issue with the starting screen (caused by the 3D avatar I guess unless SI are mining moneros while in that screen ;P) and that just after a few seconds make my ventilator to run at full speed and if I'm on battery, it dies so fast. Hope there was a way to disable the avatar as anyway I don't like it at all, prefer the old static picture.

50 minutes ago, ceefax the cat said:

Hmm my post got deleted. Nice

Anyway I'm getting the stuttering during matches too, for the first time. Seems I have actually downloaded a downdate!

Reported bug back in November but my post was deleted too. 

6 hours ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Given all the furore on this thread earlier, if your post isn't constructive it will almost certainly get removed. We've been saying this for a while and people haven't been listening so that's the steps we're having to date to keep this thread useful for Neil and Co to post in 

I posted a bug issue back in november in the bugs part of the forum but it was deleted for no reason. 

4 hours ago, StevehFC said:

I posted a bug issue back in november in the bugs part of the forum but it was deleted for no reason. 

Follow the steps in the bugs forum. There are pinned topics in the ME section detailing exactly how to report a bug. That's how you can make sure you supply what is required to investigate a possible bug.

• Administrators
10 hours ago, StevehFC said:

The post you had hidden was you asking a question in the bugs forum "Anyone else getting far too many corners in their game". This isn't a suitable place to ask these kinds of questions - if you feel there's an issue you need evidence, pkms and ideally saves showing the issue.

Most statistics in game (like corners, penalties, shots on target etc) we track across the game and run comprehensive tests to make sure things are as they should be. At the point you raised that question, in game corners were averaging around 9.7 per match in the English top flight, which was actually lower than the last five top flight seasons (10.3, 10.4, 10.8, 10.7, 10.8). It's something we've since worked on to bring it up to a more realistic level.  

13 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

The post you had hidden was you asking a question in the bugs forum "Anyone else getting far too many corners in their game". This isn't a suitable place to ask these kinds of questions - if you feel there's an issue you need evidence, pkms and ideally saves showing the issue.

Most statistics in game (like corners, penalties, shots on target etc) we track across the game and run comprehensive tests to make sure things are as they should be. At the point you raised that question, in game corners were averaging around 9.7 per match in the English top flight, which was actually lower than the last five top flight seasons (10.3, 10.4, 10.8, 10.7, 10.8). It's something we've since worked on to bring it up to a more realistic level.  

Basically every other poster has to upload evidence otherwise their threads and posts will be deleted. 

You lot really don't like any negative comments about the game. 

2 hours ago, StevehFC said:

Basically every other poster has to upload evidence otherwise their threads and posts will be deleted. 

There are plenty of negative comments about the game all over the forum, so they obviously have no issue with people posting them.

It's entirely legitimate to want to keep the bug forum for people posting bugs with saves/information on what happened, to allow them to check to see what is causing the bug, not for people asking if anyone else thinks there are too many corners.

4 hours ago, StevehFC said:

That's what the bugs forum is for though. Reporting actual bugs or even suspected bugs - but providing evidence so that the testers can look under the hood at the issue. If you just want to provide feedback - there's a feedback thread for it.

Archived