Football Manager 2019 Pre Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Per Annum said:

Unless I am (again) missing something - this screen doesn't show each club's suggested squad status / playing time, so I have to review each individually. This feels un-intuitive.

22222.png

Click the little white > on the blue bars, should drop down if same as 18

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, Vicz said:

Game’s looking good so far. Are you really not allowed to give a player individual training for tackling? If so, what’s the thinking behind that?

How would you individually train someone's tackling? It isn't realistic for this to be available via individual training but the attribute can be trained during sessions.

2 minutes ago, blue heron said:

Was never solved in fm18, if you wanted any performance.

That's just the thread talking about how retina wasn't available in the beta - I used it the entire time.

Or are you talking about it negatively impacting performance once enabled?

Just now, Seb Wassell said:

How would you individually train someone's tackling? It isn't realistic for this to be available via individual training but the attribute can be trained during sessions.

Fair

1 minute ago, Per Annum said:

Thanks but this takes you through to the offer itself, I want to be able to review each from within the news feed.

Ah Yeah thats new feature you have to set up what goes to your inbox from the scouting, check the scouting features thread, luckily i watched all the streams and it was on them aswell

12 minutes ago, Per Annum said:

Yes, I much preferred FM 18 scouting meeting to this :

And I now note that you get individual news items for each 'finished scouting'. I realise a lot of people failed to appreciate the beauty of the FM18 scouting centre but this is a step back for me. Either have the scouting centre or don't, don't halfnhalf it .

EDIT - I see from the stream toffee71 kindly mentioned this might be editable, but I can't figure out how to bring up that screen they have at 3:41 in the scouting features video! Obviously failings on my part.

EDIT - found it - good feature.

Edited by Per Annum

10 minutes ago, Per Annum said:

Unless I am (again) missing something - this screen doesn't show each club's suggested squad status / playing time, so I have to review each individually. This feels un-intuitive.

22222.png

Yes this was pretty useful in FM 18 (and even in previous games I think) so hopefully can be added back.

Btw started an MLS save just to see regens in the academy teams. Faces are better than 18 for sure but hairstyles... eh...

45 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

It's the same as the last few versions, its done from the Player Overview -> Profile screen, on the left in the Positions box click the Highlight menu and you can turn it off from there.

Yes but i need to do it every time that im in the player profile.. there is a way to make it permanent ?

I can't for the life of me work out how anyone can think this year's scouting centre is a 'step back' from last year. It's much handier, much more customisable. and getting individually requested reports into your inbox instead of trawling through the scouting page for them is a step forward on its own. 

Gerade eben schrieb Dagenham_Dave:

I can't for the life of me work out how anyone can think this year's scouting centre is a 'step back' from last year. It's much handier, much more customisable. and getting individually requested reports into your inbox instead of trawling through the scouting page for them is a step forward on its own. 

People are different. :D

2 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

We're both fairly wrong. The receipt of reports is fully customizable which is a good feature - my step back comment was half based on my failure to notice this and I've acknowledged that above.

However, My personal view is that the presentation is poorer this year though - as per the pretty poor picture I uploaded, although maybe I just haven't figured that out either.

Edited by Per Annum

Stephen Dobbie's stats are absolutely insane by the way. He's the 2nd best Scottish striker in the game. This is a 35-yr old who plays for Queen of the South in the 2nd tier. I don't know if this says more about the game or the quality of striker we have up here now :lol:

ME looks promising and animations more fluid than ever I know other people probably have higher expectations for graphics but looks very good to me. Scouting also much better for me. Training... looking a bit complicated, tempted to leaving all to AM tbh. One thing I don't like is training categories are even more than before so now we need like a dozen coaches to achieve an optimal combination of training stars and light workload. How about merging 'Attacking' and 'Possession' in a single category? The fact that they both have two other sub-categories (technical and tactical) is too much imho.

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Stephen Dobbie's stats are absolutely insane by the way. He's the 2nd best Scottish striker in the game. This is a 35-yr old who plays for Queen of the South in the 2nd tier. I don't know if this says more about the game or the quality of striker we have up here now :lol:

Whilst I don't think Dobbie is the second best Scottish striker IRL - he had scored 21 goals, and 3 hattricks, by the end of September IRL. Quite understandable QoS researched would get a little carried away!

7 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

Yes but i need to do it every time that im in the player profile.. there is a way to make it permanent ?

Turning it off from this screen will turn it off for all of them:

attributehighlight.thumb.jpg.609b680d8026fa443f5d8c92830945f4.jpg

If it's still returned after turning it off from that screen then raise the issue as a bug as that should stop it.

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, kandersson said:

ME looks promising and animations more fluid than ever I know other people probably have higher expectations for graphics but looks very good to me. Scouting also much better for me. Training... looking a bit complicated, tempted to leaving all to AM tbh. One thing I don't like is training categories are even more than before so now we need like a dozen coaches to achieve an optimal combination of training stars and light workload. 

Allow me to link you to this - 

2 minutes ago, kandersson said:

How about merging 'Attacking' and 'Possession' in a single category? The fact that they both have two other sub-categories (technical and tactical) is too much imho.

Attacking - Tactical/Technical and Possession - Tactical/Technical all contain different attributes.

36 minutes ago, blue heron said:

Also very happy that the retina support bug has been fixed.

How come? Doesn't the Mac start crazy with the fans? What Mac do you have btw?

I'm on rMBP 15 late 2015 with i7, 16gb ram and amd, can I turn on the retina without my Mac goin berserk?

Can't believe one poster piled in with "[SI]...are pretty scummy" like 5 mins after the release... let the team have a well earned drink and deep breath before you steam in with impatience! 

An hour into my first sesh and i'm onto day 2. 

Already noticed some neat little additions. Think they are new, or certainly clearer... 

• save your advanced setup 
  • quick scouting of competitions in inbox - which allow you to scout a competition for various preset criteria i.e. italia cup for a hot prospect and it fills in the age and ability criteria :thup:
  • i'm not one for press conferences but done a couple and the questions seem a little more relevant and cohesive
  • transfers that just happened in the real world are part of the news in the game 

UI is cleaner than I expected … though I think i'm in the minority that blank spaces put me at ease, other people moan... I cant get enough blank space! Some of the screens seem unnecessarily cluttered more informative i.e. contracts to expire in 1 year … the list seemed a bit cleaner in FM18 

I really don't like the training schedule appearing in the continue game calendar bar... can this be turned off somewhere in preferences? I just like to see my next fixture and all that information is making it hard to see in time (my eyes aren't naturally drawn to the fixture and my processor is really fast)

As with anything UI based though I wont criticise as I fully expect to barely notice it once I've played a few sessions, or maybe even prefer it. 

It feels like there are more tiny little improvements across the whole game, so I look forward to finding a few more. 

Hope the ME doesn't let me down if I get to a game tonight :D 

------

I cut a dashing figure, hope I stand out in the dugout

901109854_managerphoto.thumb.PNG.54884a6bea97ba68e1a33bd748941b38.PNG

After my 1st few hours playing, very impressed with this years fm.

Actually really like the UI and it seems a lot cleaner and less clunky than last years, tactics are brilliant, love the overhaul and all the set ups you mess around with. Have to there’s a lot of great little touches that really make a difference, like the dividers you can set up. Another plus is the training ratings, that’s an excellent addition. I did have a go at the training, but is an awful lot to take in and get head round, so for now left that to my assistant and just altering little bits here and there.

I thought the ME looked pretty solid to me as well.

My only negative, is the text seems a little small, and I’ve got it on the biggest setting.

Overall though for me fm19 is very impressive and so much better than fm18, so keep up the good work.

Edited by sedge11

1 minute ago, westy8chimp said:

I really don't like the training schedule appearing in the continue game calendar bar... can this be turned off somewhere in preferences? I just like to see my next fixture and all that information is making it hard to see in time (my eyes aren't naturally drawn to the fixture and my processor is really fast)

Great minds

Opens training module.......:ackter:

New UI seems snappy , the purple is alright but clashes quite badly with the club colours of some teams  ( started an Ajax save and the purple and red aren't great). Some brilliant new features hidden away in menus that I doubt I'd have clicked if I hadn#t been watching videos e.g the scouting card filters.

Visuals are improved again which is nice.

Feedback regarding mentoring:

The new mentor groups feature comes under the training for each individual team which means you can't have senior players mentor your U23s or U18s anymore. Unless there is a workaround it would be great if you could make it possible to mentor kids again!

"The" Testimonal. Great - but whose? If I click on the "Testimonial" hyperlink it takes me to the next global round of unrelated testimonials, not actually the match in question itself. Only by flicking along the dates do I find out whose it is. (

Clicking on my own schedule also shows it, but surely hyperlink / news item would be better. Obviously I presume there will be other better news items about the match, and this one about TV scheduling just fell through the gaps for insertion of the name.

22222.png

Gerade eben schrieb Totalfootballfan:

Here's my first experience: often happens that the game freezes when I try to go "On Holiday" and the screen becomes unresponsive… :(

That is something for the bugs forum - crashes.

1 minute ago, Seb Wassell said:

Allow me to link you to this - 

Attacking - Tactical/Technical and Possession - Tactical/Technical all contain different attributes.

Thanks, I will try to study a bit in the next days!

Training categories: including sub-categories there's 10 of them which means 10 different staff members required to achieve the 'best' training quality, plus a couple more to lower the workload to 'light'. Personally I find entertaining to build a huge staff with different training skills, though not very realistic. I'm glad that at least we're back to two categories for GK - having three senior GK coaches was really too much!

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, mblackham said:

Feedback regarding mentoring:

The new mentor groups feature comes under the training for each individual team which means you can't have senior players mentor your U23s or U18s anymore. Unless there is a workaround it would be great if you could make it possible to mentor kids again!

Players have to be in the same squad to mentor one another.

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, kandersson said:

Thanks, I will try to study a bit in the next days!

Training categories: including sub-categories there's 10 of them which means 10 different staff members required to achieve the 'best' training quality, plus a couple more to lower the workload to 'light'. Personally I find entertaining to build a huge staff with different training skills, though not very realistic. I'm glad that at least we're back to two categories for GK - having three senior GK coaches was really too much!

I *think* it's only one more than FM18?

You should be able to have a man outside the area for every set piece type both attacking and defending

IRL there's almost always a man outside the box for second balls from original clearances for both attacking and defending teams. Yes, there will be times players are dragged out of position with set piece moves, but generally players will be there. I should be able to set an instruction to always have a player there for all set pieces.

Hi folks, how do you make the 'play bar' hide during the match unless you want to view it? You can normally select this option but I can't see how I can select this. Being constantly on the screen, takes up a sizable amount & is distracting. Many thanks

Edited by PhilT

2 minutes ago, Per Annum said:

So far mentoring seems a lot more realistic than previous games' obsession with 1 on 1. 

How is grouping senior players into bunches of 5 more realistic? Surely senior players mentoring U23s is a lot more realistic irrespective of whether it's one on one or in groups

vor 2 Minuten schrieb mblackham:

That makes no sense and is a terrible change then in my opinion. 

Why does it no make sense? If you want to tutor a player he should be during the training with you in the same team/group.

8 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

Players have to be in the same squad to mentor one another.

Surely in most cases, those being mentored will be youth players; thus be in either the U23 or U18 squad? Kind of defeats the object a tad? Is there a workaround by placing them in the senior squad but making them available for the U23s?

Edited by rdbayly

• SI Staff
3 minutes ago, mblackham said:

That makes no sense and is a terrible change then in my opinion. 

Players actually have to train and spend time together to mentor one another. In reality players outside of the same squad very rarely spend time together.