Germany v Sweden - 20.00 CET

Mr Wallin

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For what it's worth I don't think the problem with Germany is the same as with other countries where they lack the talent. I think Germany's problem is a matter of complacency and Loew not resigning a hero but staying on long enough to become the villain. Other teams have sussed out how he likes the team to play and they're able to counter that.

4 minutes ago, av3ry said:

I like Lee Dixon as co-commentator. SKY/BT should hire him.

Yep, you have to love his monotone voice and how he dithered for 10 minutes trying to work out what clear and obvious meant before reaching no conclusion whatsoever, great stuff :thdn:

Just now, Hodgy said:

Yep, you have to love his monotone voice and how he dithered for 10 minutes trying to work out what clear and obvious meant before reaching no conclusion whatsoever, great stuff :thdn:

Ye, he can tell Martin Tyler about the time he swam in the Black Sea and thought it was unusually warm but it was his first time in the Black Sea so doesnt know if it was actually cold or not. I dont know.

Between his groaning about VAR throughout the first half, and branding Navas overrated for not being 9ft tall and not saving Rashford's goal at Elland Road, I've rather gone off Lee Dixon. He used to be one of my favourite co-commentators, but not now.

Just now, Wells said:

Gives some hope to England :P

Yeah all the big sides are underperforming badly, whereas England exceeded expectations by scraping past Tunisia (well it's a win isn't it, more than Germany and Argentina can say for themselves)

Calm down, everybody. Calm down. Germany have levelled.

EDIT 1: Excuse Natalie... I had a comment about Sam Matterface written up before that goal.

EDIT 2: Basically, he mentioned that Germany's last group defeat was in 1982, when the Steve Miller Band were in the charts. "Then 'Abracadabra', they were in the Final."

106609DA-60A2-4D63-82D7-806B7E743E4D.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Weezer said:

Don't see how Germany win this. Might get one goal back but I don't see them getting more without conceding again on the counter. And even then Sweden and Mexico play out an uncontested draw and they're gone whatever.

Hmmmm. Early goal changes everything :D 

Still see Sweden getting another tbf.

If Germany go out at the Group Stages, it'll be 3 times in a row where the defending World Champion will get knocked out in the Groups, following Spain in 2014 and Italy in 2010. That would be incredible. 

Great timing, I was just posting about how 33% of people backed Germany (who were comfortably top) in the "Who do you think will win?" poll and how that didn't seem to be working out then that happened. Still not in the best position though.

Just now, JDownie said:

If Germany go out at the Group Stages, it'll be 3 times in a row where the defending World Champion will get knocked out in the Groups, following Spain in 2014 and Italy in 2010. That would be incredible. 

Does that mean we're going out in the group stage in 2022? :( 

1 minute ago, JDownie said:

4 out of 5 with the French in 2002.

Just now, Pukey said:

Does that mean we're going out in the group stage in 2022? :( 

No, it means either Russia or Croatia are.

Mexico wouldn't be affected if they won. Every European World Cup holder has gone out at the first round since France in 2002. Brazil were fine in 2006.

2 minutes ago, ReggaeBwoy said:

One of the pundits mentioned earlier that Mexico will rest players if it stays this way ( a draw). Pretty poor punditry as no, Mexico will not want to play Brazil which is why I am sure they will play, virtually their best team.

If they want to avoid Brazil then they should throw the final game

1 minute ago, Confused Clarity said:

You jinxed him.

Him going on about how the physio should be able to assess a broken nose and possible concussion within 30 seconds showed him up to be an utter cretin.

He was already acting a fool way before then tbh.

Archived