Germany v Sweden - 20.00 CET

Mr Wallin

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lovely how the Germans won this. Hopefully Mexico will beat Sweden, because even though Sweden needs a win now I'm sure that they will again start with their pathetic game of defending. Even Panama plays better than Sweden does. What an awful ****** team, disgrace that they even qualified. 

1 minute ago, Cedrik said:

Lovely how the Germans won this. Hopefully Mexico will beat Sweden, because even though Sweden needs a win now I'm sure that they will again start with their pathetic game of defending. Even Panama plays better than Sweden does. What an awful ****** team, disgrace that they even qualified. 

:lol:

Doesn't say much about Italy or the Netherlands then.

2 minutes ago, Cedrik said:

Now, now, that's going too far. :D

What do we need for Mexico-Sweden to go through now? Sweden win, Germany by 1 goal? No chance 2-0 minimum.

Beardy has ALOT to answer for :seagull:

At least he saved me money on betting a Mexico Sweden draw next week. :thup:

5 minutes ago, G-Man11 said:

Results against SK would be exempt. Which would knock-out Mexico on goals-scored :lol:.

6 minutes ago, FaceCrusher said:

Less cards.

Yep GMan is correct, less cards would not be used as GD then goals scored between teams concerned comes before cards it seems :thup:

Just now, av3ry said:

What do we need for Mexico-Sweden to go through now? Sweden win, Germany by 1 goal? No chance 2-0 minimum.

Beardy has ALOT to answer for :seagull:

At least he saved me money on betting a Mexico Sweden draw next week. :thup:

Germany to lose to SK would do it tbf :D Any sort of German win basically makes that impossible though.

1 minute ago, G-Man11 said:

:lol:

Doesn't say much about Italy or the Netherlands then.

It says enough about the current situation in Italy and the Netherlands concerning their national teams :D. But Sweden also had a lot of luck in their qualification. 

8 minutes ago, Pukey said:

https://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/tie-breakers-for-russia-2018-groups

Full explanation of Hodgy's question for those interested. Basically G-Man is right. If it's still equal after that then it goes to cards/fair play. If that's still equal then lots get drawn.

Yes you simply remove the results against the 4th team (SK in this instance) and go through the normal sorting order again before hitting the more obscure tie-breakers.

Can you imagine the outrage if a team ever did go out on the drawn lots :lol:.

Just now, G-Man11 said:

Yes you simply remove the results against the 4th team (SK in this instance) and go through the normal sorting order again before hitting the more obscure tie-breakers.

I was hoping the situation would end up with Boateng's red card costing them a top two place but sadly that won't be the case :(

Just now, Pukey said:

I was hoping the situation would end up with Boateng's red card costing them a top two place but sadly that won't be the case :(

Yeah no way for them to all tie on goal-scored as well as GD.

Surely thats not the same Swedish bench who came peeling out of their technical area waving their hands for a yellow card for Boateng :rolleyes: Quite happy then to rampage around the sideline.

It will teach Sweden for playing like scared children for 2 games.

2 hours ago, G-Man11 said:

Yeah forgot about that in case of 3 teams equal.

In group B we have Spain and Portugal both on 4 points with +1 GD, 4 goals scored and a h2h draw. That means if they match their scores in the last game the cards tie-breaker will be used to decide the places. Currently Spain has one yellow to Portugal's two. Imagine if that also ended equal.:lol:

Just came back from the pub now. What a classic German performance, the grit, the will to win :cool:  What a party!

Enjoying some comments in this thread thoroughly. Stick it, haters :D 

Still, the Mannschaft will really have to up their game to have a chance to beat more apt opponents. 

This Sweden is functional and efficient, nothing amazing but they caused problems for a bit. When Germany woke up it was a bit 'attack vs defence' but I really was engrossed the game, mostly hoping Germany lost or at least drew so Mexico/Sweden could play out a draw in the final group game as pay back for 1982 for the Algerians :p

This is late getting out of jail though that German sides tend to not have to rely on

Anyone see their bench being knobs too:

https://www.svt.se/sport/fotboll/storbrak-efter-slutsignalen-janne-andersson-skogstokig

And rightfully so, if you put up such a awful display and you get beaten in the last minute of stoppage time it is just really funny. Can completely understand that they provoked the Swedes there. 

14 minutes ago, deltablue said:

Genuinely feeling a little bit worried now.

I presume you are for Mexico seen your profile photo, you should be worried. I think Mexico will have a very difficult game ahead against Sweden. Especially from corners and free-kicks, which the Swedes will search for, Mexico will have a disadvantage concerning height. I think Sweden will play the same style of ''football'' as they did yesterday, so Mexico is going to have a very tough game ahead. Thankfully the Mexicans have a lot of Latin temperament and they will need it against Sweden. Could easily see Sweden win this due to a corner or penalty. Let's hope for the sake of this tournament that Mexico and Germany go through in this group.

Archived