Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

Hi, 

I am changing the database for the first time in a while, one query...  I am stating as SC Braga and they have a B team and 2 under 19 teams, if I remove the 2 under 19 teams will the game still process the database ok, I only want the B team?

Cheers Ed

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hora atrás, edhdurham disse:

Hi, 

I am changing the database for the first time in a while, one query...  I am stating as SC Braga and they have a B team and 2 under 19 teams, if I remove the 2 under 19 teams will the game still process the database ok, I only want the B team?

Cheers Ed

You can easily remove the 2nd youth team (if it is the standard database).

About 1st youth team you can remove it but i advice you to replace that team for another

Good day everyone. Previously, you could activate a nation such as the USSR by changing some lines in the file nation.xml (path to the file steamapps\common\Football Manager 2017 Editor\data\format\database), in FM 2019 I will not find this file. How can I FM2019 this nation to prescribe the continent of Europe, as in the Editor select continent are inactive? Thanks in advance for your reply

On 03/08/2019 at 08:24, SalRad said:

Good day everyone. Previously, you could activate a nation such as the USSR by changing some lines in the file nation.xml (path to the file steamapps\common\Football Manager 2017 Editor\data\format\database), in FM 2019 I will not find this file. How can I FM2019 this nation to prescribe the continent of Europe, as in the Editor select continent are inactive? Thanks in advance for your reply

Do you have Resource Archiver?? With that tool you can extract file "comp editor.fmf" and in extracted folder you can find "nation.xml" to modify... Extracted folder is best to keep in same directory as mentioned .fmf file so you can see changes in .xml files "applied" in editor

OK, this is maybe easy, and yet, maybe it can not be done...

I'd like to create small scale Cup Winners' Cup, however if national cup winners play either in Champions League or Europa League, I'd like that competition skip winner and take runner-up or even third placed team instead.

In advanced editor I ticked some options regarding my request, however I still get in competition national cup winners who play in CL or EL... Is there any solution for this?? @Carlito85 mate, did you encounter something like this in your databases??

1 hour ago, Luke Cro said:

OK, this is maybe easy, and yet, maybe it can not be done...

I'd like to create small scale Cup Winners' Cup, however if national cup winners play either in Champions League or Europa League, I'd like that competition skip winner and take runner-up or even third placed team instead.

In advanced editor I ticked some options regarding my request, however I still get in competition national cup winners who play in CL or EL... Is there any solution for this?? @Carlito85 mate, did you encounter something like this in your databases??

Yeah I've had the same issue. The editor doesn't really allow you to choose where the winners spot goes in the event that they've qualified for the Champions League or Europa League domestically. It's a feature I've requested for FM20.

Hey, I'm playing around with the editor making leagues in small countries playable. To test I created the Saint Kitts and Nevis leagues and it works fine. However I'm not getting an annual youth intake. Can anyone help me with this?

Edited by Psycho.

16 ore fa, Psycho. ha scritto:

Hey, I'm playing around with the editor making leagues in small countries playable. To test I created the Saint Kitts and Nevis leagues and it works fine. However I'm not getting an annual youth intake. Can anyone help me with this?

Check that teams have youth facilities, on the editor under the stadium section

They should have the youth facilities value greater than 0

Im not an editor but I had some issues with youth intakes so I hope this helps 

I need some assistant from someone, who is better then me in this. I created level 3-4 for Hungary. Also changed the Cup to make the county qualify stages. When validating the rules I have some errors which came randomly no matter whitch level I test in rules:

• Level 3 (Nemzeti Bajnokság III) relegation playoff sometimes does not have a relegated team and I got the error that 9 teams relegated from level 3 but 10 teams promoted from level 4 (Megyei Bajnokság I)
  • Cup stage 13 (Pest megyei selejtező) has only 23 teams and 25 needed. This one is in about the fourth tested year (added more teams, but not changed the status)
  • Cup stage 20 (The main stage after the qualifiers) has only 123 or 125 teams insted of 128. I don't know how this is possible, because all the stages between 0 and 19 are required for stage 20, and I set all the stages Third Qualification Round winner teams as promoted ones (Both in Fate Actions in stage 0-19 and Teams in stage 20)

I would appriciate if someone could check out my work and if you found something that is not correctly set or not set at all or just have some advice, please share with me. I am working on this since 2 weeks and I would be happy to finally finish it and share it with the community.

Hungarian Lower Divisions.fmf

Is there any way to do following??

I want to create competition for only national cup winners, but if national cup winner already plays in Champions League or Europa League, i want runner-up to play in that competition... Anyone know maybe??

Hey, 

Everytime I try to run a test to verify my saved changes the editor tells me 'Error in Nation Rules' 'No divisions levels set up for Algeria' . What is that all about? I haven't even made any changes with regards to Algeria. But because of this error I can't verify and confirm all my saved data. Please help. 

5 hours ago, Marmarmar said:

Hey, 

Everytime I try to run a test to verify my saved changes the editor tells me 'Error in Nation Rules' 'No divisions levels set up for Algeria' . What is that all about? I haven't even made any changes with regards to Algeria. But because of this error I can't verify and confirm all my saved data. Please help. 

upload the file

On 11/08/2019 at 08:33, Luke Cro said:

Is there any way to do following??

I want to create competition for only national cup winners, but if national cup winner already plays in Champions League or Europa League, i want runner-up to play in that competition... Anyone know maybe??

I think there is, check out the cup rule settings. In there you can find who qualifies for the competition, in that section it is possible to select what team qualifies. I am sure you can edit it to have a not winning team play in the cup. 

2 hours ago, Bigpole said:

you have a lot of empty 'rules' added and in these empty rules there are two lines with algeria rules. Delete them and everything is ok.

Ah really, thank you so much. I'll try it now hopefully all will be well :) Thank you so much for your help. 

5 hours ago, Marmarmar said:

Ah really, thank you so much. I'll try it now hopefully all will be well :) Thank you so much for your help. 

Aye, its solved! Yeah didn't realise I had so many empty rules. Massive thanks for helping out. 

I'm halfway through adding in all the transfers in Scottish football, and have literally just realised I didn't load an already updated database to make the changes, which means all the other leagues wont have updated Summer transfers.

Is there any way for me to merge my database with another, without corrupting everything?

The database I'd merge with definitely has conflicting situations with players.

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm halfway through adding in all the transfers in Scottish football, and have literally just realised I didn't load an already updated database to make the changes, which means all the other leagues wont have updated Summer transfers.

Is there any way for me to merge my database with another, without corrupting everything?

The database I'd merge with definitely has conflicting situations with players.

Have you tried to merge editor data function? Make sure you have backups.

9 hours ago, Marmarmar said:

Have you tried to merge editor data function? Make sure you have backups.

Yes it got a bit messy, with some of it working and some of it not, so just restarted the whole process as I'd have to go through all my changes one by one anyway.

Hey,

Sorry for posting again so soon, but I have another issue, and couldn't find anyone talk about it on the forum. Created a new league with teams 16 and round robin of 2 rounds. Hence, set the number of dates to 30. But the verification keeps telling me that team 'X' played more then the max number of games in stage 0. What causes this to happen and is it possible to somehow to avoid it? 

Thank you so much in advance :) 

Trying to set up youth league.fmf

Edited by Marmarmar

On 09/05/2019 at 00:05, Sheppy12 said:

I found that sometimes when you add the team to a division from the team, it wouldn't pick it up.  Try going to the Premier League and make sure your team is in the Team List.  You may also want to remove and re-add from this screen.

If the league is disappearing, have you tried running the 'Test Competitions' in the editor?  This will often give you an idea of what is going wrong.

You're a star Sheppy, added the team via Premier League and worked, cheers!

1 hour ago, MWFC_3 said:

Hello, I am making leagues with nations in it for example England, Japan, etc.

But I don't know how to make a leagues with nations in it so can anybody help me?

Sure, I can try. You probably have to set it up as an international competition and take it from there. PM me if you get stuck with anything. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

Anyone know if not including the longitute and Lat for a stadium has any impact? 

as long as you've set city for this stadium - shouldn't be a problem. 

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone help for my problem?

The problem is Could not find rules for division with 36 teams. Where should i set to fix this problem?. i have been copying tier 2 league in this tier 3, then i test rules the problem is that.

9 hours ago, c5477233 said:

Hey, Is there a way to set youth intake to different country than the club is based in?

few editions ago there was a trick to re-create city your club is based in and change country of this new city to country you want to have intake from. But I don't know if it's still working.

5 hours ago, Bigpole said:

few editions ago there was a trick to re-create city your club is based in and change country of this new city to country you want to have intake from. But I don't know if it's still working.

It does still work, thank you very much!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I plan to use the pre-game editor for the first time for FM20 and have a question.

My plan is to make Fenerbahce start at minus 70 points so that they get relegated in the first season. I will also sell every player older than 22 years old by setting up future transfers in January. In addition I will give Fenerbahce a 1 year transfer ban so that they can't sign anyone. Once they get relegated, I will take charge in the new season.

Do you guys foresee any potential issues in the game if I do this. Will my save file get corrupted if I do this?

Thanks.

Edited by One

13 hours ago, One said:

Hi guys,

I plan to use the pre-game editor for the first time for FM20 and have a question.

My plan is to make Fenerbahce start at minus 70 points so that they get relegated in the first season. I will also sell every player older than 22 years old by setting up future transfers in January. In addition I will give Fenerbahce a 1 year transfer ban so that they can't sign anyone. Once they get relegated, I will take charge in the new season.

Do you guys foresee any potential issues in the game if I do this. Will my save file get corrupted if I do this?

Thanks.

That's really insane.

Are you sure if you want to do this and reason why?

I'm curious if I want to build a new database with approximately 500 classic/legendary players, what's the best approach in terms of adding players and allocating them to teams or as free agents?

Is there a method to add multiple players in one go from a spreadsheet or similar, or am I stuck with adding one player at a time in the official editor? Any shortcuts or other tools people might recommend for such a large task? 

8 hours ago, MWFC_3 said:

That's really insane.

Are you sure if you want to do this and reason why?

I'm a Fener supporter so I enjoy playing as Fener. But the problem is that the Turkish League is incredibly easy so I want to set myself a challenge in that my squad can't have players over 22 and I can't sign anyone over 22 either.

I just hope that my planned editor changes won't cause technical issues in the game leading to crashes/corruption.

• 2 weeks later...

I want team "x" appear in specific league for the season 2019 / 2020. I set to that team Next Division and even go further and register team in league with year 2019.

However, in game, in season 2019 / 2020 team does not appear in league. 

Am I doing something wrong here or this requires advanced editing?

Edited by Luke Cro

On 01/10/2019 at 04:01, wkdsoul said:

Anyone know if not including the longitute and Lat for a stadium has any impact? 

Longitude and latitude are there to define where in the World / City your stadium is located . If it is not set , or the other teams stadiums either , and your stadium is set for a rebuild or relocation you could easily find yourself sharing a stadium from the other side of town or your relocation stadium might be nowhere near your old one which I did experience . So it does have a reason or impact

Is it possible to edit the stock player responses in Interactions.  "Im sure youll be wanting for something else soon." is really annoying especially on the occasions where ive barely spoken to the player.

5 hours ago, Tashy said:

Is it possible to edit the stock player responses in Interactions.  "Im sure youll be wanting for something else soon." is really annoying especially on the occasions where ive barely spoken to the player.

They are all included in the example.ltf file

I'm willing to create regional English leagues for example South-West, South-East, etc. 

It should be above National League North and South because I want them to go into those type of leagues.

Do you have something that would help me?

On 14/11/2019 at 07:14, Luke Cro said:

I want team "x" appear in specific league for the season 2019 / 2020. I set to that team Next Division and even go further and register team in league with year 2019.

However, in game, in season 2019 / 2020 team does not appear in league. 

Am I doing something wrong here or this requires advanced editing?

@krlenjushka do you know maybe what could be issue here?

On 15/11/2019 at 02:02, Syze said:

Maybe this isn't a simple question, but how to you create a DB in excel and then import it into the editor?

This can be done with some script.

4 hours ago, Luke Cro said:

@krlenjushka do you know maybe what could be issue here?

i dont know - never tried to make similar scenario.

• KUBI unpinned and pinned this topic
  • KUBI unfeatured this topic

I recently discovered that there are 3d and 2d kits available made by other people that we can load onto the saves and see the teams with their actual kits.

However before learning about this I used the in game editor to change the kit details of the team I was managing and added a 3rd kit.  

When I learned I could add pre-made kits to my saves I did so and it worked for all the teams except for the team I was managing.  

I figured this was probably because I changed details of the main kit and added the 3rd kit.  

So when I couldn't find an undo button for the kit editor I tried just deleting all the kits but that didnt fix the problem either and now they just have an all blue kit.  

Does anyone know how to reset the changes I made to the kit back to default?

It's really bothering me would love to see my side playing their proper kits. 

Edited by ageolenz